PDA

View Full Version : Columbine-like situation averted in GB

digitaldean
09-14-2006, 09:01 PM
I saw this on thee news tonight when I got home from work. It just stunned the living Cr*p out of me. :shock:
________
http://www.greenbaypressgazette.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060914/GPG0101/60914089/1978

Green Bay police confiscate weapons, bombs in ‘suicide-by-cop’ plot

Police found pistols, sawed-off shotguns and other weapons at the homes of two Green Bay East High School students today who planned to blow up bombs at school, according to authorities.

Students told police the two 17-year-old boys were depressed and obsessed with pain, death and suicide. Police raided their homes on Cherry and South Van Buren streets this morning and found sawed-off shotguns, pistols, ammunition, several bombs, bomb-making material, camouflage clothing, helmets and gas masks, according to police.

The students wanted die by suicide by cop, meaning the teens planned to provoke police to force the police to shoot them, Chief Craig Van Schyndle said.

The boys were taken into custody at the school today. No charges have been filed, and the investigation continues.

"We found several suicide notes by the students," he said. "I know there are some weapons at the Cherry Street address; I don't believe there were any bombs found at that address. Most of the stuff was found at the Van Buren address."

Yes, it can happen in lil' ol' Green Bay also.

:evil:

GBRulz
09-14-2006, 09:14 PM
Yeah, busy day in GB today.

This morning Motel 6 was surrounded by police with their weapons drawn. turned out to be a false complaint, but initial reports said there was a shooting.

Actually going back about 12 years ago, there was a murder in that hotel.

BEARMAN
09-14-2006, 09:18 PM
WoW, you only lost one game, ..... Ok it was bad 26 to 0, but the season isn't over, you may win , ... one, maybe two more ? :shock:

GO BEARS !

digitaldean
09-14-2006, 09:24 PM
WoW, you only lost one game, ..... Ok it was bad 26 to 0, but the season isn't over, you may win , ... one, maybe two more ? :shock:

GO BEARS !

Listen, troll-breath, I normally don't reply to rapier-sharp wit like yours. But put a sock in it will ya?

Something just SLIGHTLY more important than a football game was the topic of this thread.

GBRulz
09-14-2006, 09:34 PM

GO BEARS !

Have some tact you idiot.

No Mo Moss
09-14-2006, 10:07 PM

GO BEARS !

I thought it was pretty funny. I'm sick though. :oops:

MJZiggy
09-14-2006, 10:16 PM
Back to the topic at hand, thank God that one was averted. It could have been horrible. Maybe these kids will get some help--from their prison cells.

superfan
09-14-2006, 10:17 PM

GO BEARS !

Listen, troll-breath, I normally don't reply to rapier-sharp wit like yours. But put a sock in it will ya?

Something just SLIGHTLY more important than a football game was the topic of this thread.

Hilarious! (This recent junk, not the original topic.)

The Motel 6 -- God, I think I stayed there for a game once a few years back. Certainly wasn't anything special. Not much available if you don't book a room within 24 hours of the schedule release.

GBRulz
09-14-2006, 10:43 PM

GO BEARS !

Yeah, it's sick to joke about kids wanting to blow up a school and associating it with the Packers losing one game.

GrnBay007
09-14-2006, 10:56 PM
Really makes you wonder in cases like this. Wouldn't you think the parents had some type of clue there was a problem.....somewhere along the line? :?:

Maybe that sounded too harsh but c'mon.....parents, meet your children!!!!

Tyrone Bigguns
09-14-2006, 10:59 PM
I found it funny. If they had accomplished their goal, then not so much.

To paraphrase Emma Goldman, "if i can't dance I don't wanna be part of your revolution."

GBRulz
09-15-2006, 12:37 AM
It kinda hit a nerve, seeing how close it was to home. Didn't mean to jump down anyone's throat, but I just don't find it funny..plain & simple.

Anyhow, like 007 said...yeah, where are the parents? Here is a quote from the ongoing investigation....

Police raided their homes on Cherry and South Van Buren streets this morning and found sawed-off shotguns, pistols, ammunition, several bombs, bomb-making material, camouflage clothing, helmets and gas masks, according to police.

None of the weapons were found at school. Van Schyndle said the students found out how to make the bombs on the Internet, but he did not specify which site.

"We found several suicide notes by the students," he said. "I know there are some weapons at the Cherry Street address; I don't believe there were any bombs found at that address. Most of the stuff was found at the Van Buren address."

Damn and I used to think I was so clever with removing a suspended ceiling tile in the basement to stash cigarettes and beer! and somehow my parents STILL found out about that!!!

jack's smirking revenge
09-15-2006, 09:18 AM

GO BEARS !

Sadly, I was about to make the same joke.

Well, we do have a pretty angry, violence-driven society. Doesn't surprise me. Sad and disappointing, but not at all surprising.

tyler

Tyrone Bigguns
09-15-2006, 02:48 PM
It kinda hit a nerve, seeing how close it was to home. Didn't mean to jump down anyone's throat, but I just don't find it funny..plain & simple.

Anyhow, like 007 said...yeah, where are the parents? Here is a quote from the ongoing investigation....

Police raided their homes on Cherry and South Van Buren streets this morning and found sawed-off shotguns, pistols, ammunition, several bombs, bomb-making material, camouflage clothing, helmets and gas masks, according to police.

None of the weapons were found at school. Van Schyndle said the students found out how to make the bombs on the Internet, but he did not specify which site.

Damn and I used to think I was so clever with removing a suspended ceiling tile in the basement to stash cigarettes and beer! and somehow my parents STILL found out about that!!!

Your parents probably found your stash cause that's where they were hiding the good stuff from YOU. ;)

BEARMAN
09-15-2006, 03:48 PM
Don't hate the playa, hate the game.

GO BEARS !

GBRulz
09-15-2006, 03:53 PM
Ha, perhaps Tyrone.... but they left their stash out and wondered why the liquor had that watered down taste to it! Word of advice.... don't have your friends over and drink half of your parents whiskey and fill it back up with water! Gosh, and to think as a teenager you know everything :crazy:

Anyhow.... the mayor of GB said earlier that he is having the District Attorney look into filing charges against the parents for this. None of the weapons were found at school, it was all in the homes. I agree 100%

GBRulz
09-29-2006, 05:23 PM
http://www.cnn.com/2006/US/09/29/wisc.shooting.ap/index.html

9th grader shoots principal at WI high school.

SAD. WTF is wrong with people

CyclonePackFan
09-29-2006, 05:30 PM
I think the real question is not, "What's wrong with these people?", but, "Where the hell are these kids' parents?"

mmmdk
09-29-2006, 05:50 PM
Well, we do have a pretty angry, violence-driven society. Doesn't surprise me. Sad and disappointing, but not at all surprising.

tyler

Ask yourself; why is that? When you elect a President that fights terror with terror, you made your own beds. It starts at the top of the hill. So what's the solution? Buy more guns, build fences & walls to keep out the trash? I don't need to read gothic science fiction anymore; I just zap through the ever flowing stream of daily events.

I was referring (see also above): Well, we do have a pretty angry, violence-driven society. Doesn't surprise me. Sad and disappointing, but not at all surprising. and that's got to do with Presidents. America has a short history; a history of violence both good and bad. I, for one, am glad that Americans, Canadians, Australians and many more came to Europe and kicked some Nazi a@@ during WWII. But the nature of the beast is a long(er) discussion. I'm at work, so...! I'd love to discuss this over a beer some day. I'll be in Green Bay soon. Oh, that reminds me. I remember ealier, on JSO in april, that I asked some locals from Green Bay if I could stay at their home 'cos I was going to attend a game at Lambeau. I was called 'crazy' that I'd do such a thing because I'd get chopped up or something but I live in a non-violent country and the only crazy thing is if you give to violence and hence a nation engulfed in paranoia.

HarveyWallbangers
09-29-2006, 05:59 PM
Ask yourself; why is that? When you elect a President that fights terror with terror, you made your own beds. It starts at the top of the hill. So what's the solution? Buy more guns, build fences & walls to keep out the trash? I don't need to read gothic science fiction anymore; I just zap through the ever flowing stream of daily events.

Give me a break. Remind me again what year Columbine happened?

mmmdk
09-29-2006, 06:13 PM

No offense but I don't get what you say. Are you tired? Again, no offense!

GBRulz
09-29-2006, 06:18 PM
I think you guys are talking about different things in some perspective. JSR made a general comment about the angry/violent society that we live in today. Then you combated that with being the U.S. President's fault. Then Harvey read your comment and associated it as being the President's fault for what happened at Columbine. You all have valid points, just not necessarily all related to each others!

mmmdk
09-29-2006, 06:21 PM
I think you guys are talking about different things in some perspective. JSR made a general comment about the angry/violent society that we live in today. Then you combated that with being the U.S. President's fault. Then Harvey read your comment and associated it as being the President's fault for what happened at Columbine. You all have valid points, just not necessarily all related to each others!

Ah, thank you!

Fosco33
09-29-2006, 06:24 PM
http://www.cnn.com/2006/US/09/29/wisc.shooting.ap/index.html

9th grader shoots principal at WI high school.

SAD. WTF is wrong with people

Similar thing happened near Milwaukee years ago - right off 94. Can't recall the specifics but I know the principal was killed. Very sad.

HarveyWallbangers
09-29-2006, 06:26 PM
Then Harvey read your comment and associated it as being the President's fault for what happened at Columbine. You all have valid points, just not necessarily all related to each others!

Partially true, but I read it as him blaming the current President for this problem--when really the President (whomever it is) would have zero effect on something like this.

I mean this is his direct quote "Ask yourself; why is that? When you elect a President that fights terror with terror, you made your own beds."

That's explicitly blaming a President for this problem--which is a load of garbage. I just pointed out that Columbine happened in 1999--when President Clinton was in office (not to blame him for that, just countering his "argument").

Fosco33
09-29-2006, 06:26 PM

No offense but I don't get what you say. Are you tired? Again, no offense!

I agree w/ Harv on this one. This has nothing to do w/ Bush fighting terrorism - most of these big school shootings were under Slick Will's watch if you want to go there.... And it doesn't start 'at the top' - it starts and ends with parents - in the home.

GBRulz
09-29-2006, 06:29 PM
Harv, he didn't blame Bush for what happened at Columbine! Just a little mix up in what people were talking about. now, stop the crabiness or I'll kick you out of our tailgating party for the AZ game :mrgreen:

GBRulz
09-29-2006, 06:35 PM
Some lady actually wrote an editorial in the GB paper today defending the parents of the students who were arrested a couple weeks ago. She said something like "It wasn't long ago that I was a kid and if I wanted to do something without my parents knowing, I certainly could get away with it".

Ok yeah, we've all got away with minor things (hence my hiding the booze and smokes in my ceiling tile of my room as I posted earlier) but bombs and guns are totally a different situation.

The physical items are one thing, but mentally, I would think a parent would see signs of a troubled teen IF they pay attention like they should. Maybe not in every situation, but 99% of the time. Instead of letting your kid close his door and surf the net for 4 hours at night. how about just having a chat for 20 minutes or so at night in the living room....just to ask how things are going, etc.

HarveyWallbangers
09-29-2006, 06:42 PM
Harv, he didn't blame Bush for what happened at Columbine! Just a little mix up in what people were talking about. now, stop the crabiness or I'll kick you out of our tailgating party for the AZ game :mrgreen:

I'm not saying he blamed Bush for Columbine. He's blaming Bush for a violent, angry society that Jack is blaming for these school shootings (which is a valid point). Unfortunately, our society has been extremely violent and angry for about 25 years. Violent crime has actually stagnated in the last decade. It exploded in the late 70s/early 80s.

mmmdk
09-29-2006, 06:55 PM

I'm not saying he blamed Bush for Columbine. He's blaming Bush for a violent, angry society that Jack is blaming for these school shootings (which is a valid point). Unfortunately, our society has been extremely violent and angry for about 25 years. Violent crime has actually stagnated in the last decade. It exploded in the late 70s/early 80s.

Hi Harvey, my name is Michael and agree 100% with what you just wrote.

MJZiggy
09-29-2006, 06:55 PM

I wonder why that is...different people like to toss blame around to different places; tv or lack of parental supervision, but I'm not sure. I know violence is more pervasive because of tv in that we see it more, but back in the dark ages when I was a kid, there was plenty of playground bullying that went unchecked and people didn't shoot up the schools about it. Just thinking on my keyboard...

Fosco33
09-29-2006, 07:06 PM

I wonder why that is...different people like to toss blame around to different places; tv or lack of parental supervision, but I'm not sure. I know violence is more pervasive because of tv in that we see it more, but back in the dark ages when I was a kid, there was plenty of playground bullying that went unchecked and people didn't shoot up the schools about it. Just thinking on my keyboard...

Crack and inner city gangs accounted for most of the violence in 80's/early 90's (primarily in large cities like NY, LA, Chicago) - most of that has lessened.

These school shootings never happen in ghettos though - almost always some disturbed white kid. Is that b/c ghetto kids know they may be shot during that act or that school is a safe haven, or that the violent kids don't go to ghetto schools anymore?

It's not video games, TV, music or movies. If parents aren't responsible for raising their own kids, they shouldn't be parents. I say a lot of this can be attributed to latchkey kids with dual income families where parents don't pay attention to the most important things in their lives - their kids.

mmmdk
09-29-2006, 07:08 PM
It's not video games, TV, music or movies. If parents aren't responsible for raising their own kids, they shouldn't be parents. I say a lot of this can be attributed to latchkey kids with dual income families where parents don't pay attention to the most important things in their lives - their kids.

Very true.

GBRulz
09-29-2006, 07:11 PM
Fosco, it's much easier for parents to blame video games, TV and movies. Sad, but it's true.

Ticks me off because there are so many ways parents can avoid their kids watching this in the home if they took the time to do it. i.e. parental controls...read video game ratings,

the_idle_threat
09-29-2006, 11:40 PM
I believe video games, movies and television play a part in this---especially first-person shooter video games. Walking around, "shooting" perceived enemies is such a common part of some kids' entertainment, it's no wonder that some fail to distinguish the fantasy from reality. Guns bring a feeling of empowerment, and when they are combined with the powerless feeling of being the object of bullying and social derision, school becomes a natural place to act out this fantasy-reality.

There are definitely other factors involved, like where the kids got the guns, and why nobody at home (or at school for that matter) saw it coming with these disturbed individuals. But a lot is done already to make it very difficult for kids to get guns---especially handguns. In fact, somebody probably did something illegal in order for these kids to get the hardware. Parents, teachers and friends are always asked what else they could have done to prevent the problem ... often they are asking these questions themselves. But we always seem to give our entertainment media's fixation with wanton violence as a form of recreation a free pass. Blame the parents ... blame the guns ... but don't blame the influences that might have formed the idea in the kids' heads that going around killing people is somehow OK, and actually might be fun.

Fosco33
09-30-2006, 12:01 AM
I believe video games, movies and television play a part in this---especially first-person shooter video games. Walking around, "shooting" perceived enemies is such a common part of some kids' entertainment, it's no wonder that some fail to distinguish the fantasy from reality. Guns bring a feeling of empowerment, and when they are combined with the powerless feeling of being the object of bullying and social derision, school becomes a natural place to act out this fantasy-reality.

There are definitely other factors involved, like where the kids got the guns, and why nobody at home (or at school for that matter) saw it coming with these disturbed individuals. But a lot is done already to make it very difficult for kids to get guns---especially handguns. In fact, somebody probably did something illegal in order for these kids to get the hardware. Parents, teachers and friends are always asked what else they could have done to prevent the problem ... often they are asking these questions themselves. But we always seem to give our entertainment media's fixation with wanton violence as a form of recreation a free pass. Blame the parents ... blame the guns ... but don't blame the influences that might have formed the idea in the kids' heads that going around killing people is somehow OK, and actually might be fun.

Video games are fun - they aren't reality and anyone thinking that I tried shrooms b/c Mario ate them is :crazy: I've never walked around looking for coins to eat, either.

Remember Montazuma's revenge for Atari, everytime I see electric wires in reallife, I walk away - not pausing for a minute before they disappear and quickly dash to wait for another. I don't run over snakes, either.

I played Wizardry and never cast a spell on anyone.

I played Bond in high school and never once thought of getting my hands on a bazooka launcher.

Grand Theft Auto is an awesome PS2 game - and extremely violent. Comparing our video games as kids to these games isn't fair. Simply put, kids under 13 shouldn't play them, IMO. If a parent buys games like these for their kids or doesn't monitor their internet usage or friends, they're :crazy:

With the average age of these games in mid/high 20's, it's clear that most kids aren't playing this stuff.

If there's a game out there where the character goes to school, gets picked on by others and strategically plots a deadly vengence, I'd consider banning that game.

woodbuck27
09-30-2006, 12:45 AM
" Ha, perhaps Tyrone.... but they left their stash out and wondered why the liquor had that watered down taste to it! Word of advice.... don't have your friends over and drink half of your parents whiskey and fill it back up with water! Gosh, and to think as a teenager you know everything " GBRulz

Nawww! You handle it.

Next time Dad wants a drink... you offer to mix it.

Upon arriving with said drink with lots of Rocks you remark...just as you take a sip...

"Geee Daddy, this stuff doesn't taste as nasty as the regular stuff you drink...pretty smooth." :mrgreen:

the_idle_threat
09-30-2006, 12:55 AM
I'm not talking about the old Atari video games, or early Nintendo. I'm not talking about Mario Kart. I'm talking about the first-person shooter games, like Doom, Duke Nukem, etc. I don't even know the names of the current ones since I haven't had much to do with video games since college.

There is no reason to believe that kids aren't playing these games. All it takes is one permissive parent among a group of friends, and they're playing the game---even if it's rated for adults. The Columbine kids freely admitted playing these games, and one of them even designed levels which incorporated Columbine High School as a setting. When I was in high school, kids played some of these games at school on school computers.

Kids have always played these games, and they continue to do so as the games are becoming more and more lifelike. And kids are more subject to the blurring of fantasy and reality than adults. It's a bad combo, IMO.

That being said, I'm not sure how to fix this problem. The first step, however, is to recognize that it is a problem. Far too many people are in denial about it.

woodbuck27
09-30-2006, 01:00 AM
Ha, perhaps Tyrone.... but they left their stash out and wondered why the liquor had that watered down taste to it! Word of advice.... don't have your friends over and drink half of your parents whiskey and fill it back up with water! Gosh, and to think as a teenager you know everything :crazy:

Anyhow.... the mayor of GB said earlier that he is having the District Attorney look into filing charges against the parents for this. None of the weapons were found at school, it was all in the homes. I agree 100%

I totally agree with that stance.

Your aware of what took place in Montreal a couple of weeks ago and the Mother of Son (who goes on a shooting spree and murders a beautiful young woman...and severly wounds a number of students in the teens) claims she had "no idea" her son was bent as he was?

Now he was 25 Years of age and on his own.Yet still...

BULLSHIT !

This case... DOUBLE BULLSHIT !!

It's a parents responsibility when a child/teen/older teen is living at home to pay attention...to monitor him/her presence ways and activities in the home and to be well aware... of what comes in or out of that home as well.

Since when, isn't parenting a responsibility?

I say if there's no precedent, make this a landmark case against the parents. I blame " the parents " in this extreme case.

They should be prosecuted.

Fosco33
09-30-2006, 01:26 AM
I'm not talking about the old Atari video games, or early Nintendo. I'm not talking about Mario Kart. I'm talking about the first-person shooter games, like Doom, Duke Nukem, etc. I don't even know the names of the current ones since I haven't had much to do with video games since college.

Same here - and I agree with your statement (and even said so in my previous post). But I have played Bond and Grand Theft Auto - while getting more lifelike - it's still a stretch, IMO, to seek out bombs/guns and act upon fantasies. If you or I knew the answer, we'd be highly paid psychologists publishing books :mrgreen:

the_idle_threat
09-30-2006, 01:38 AM
It would be a stretch if I were saying all kids act on these fantasies. I'm not saying that. I'm saying that some kids act on these fantasies, and the fantasies are fueled in part by the experience they have in going around shooting virtual people.

People learn how to fly planes using flight simulators. It is so much of a stretch to believe a troubled teen might learn how to kill using a killing simulator---a realistic game that puts him in the role of a killer? Common sense tells me this is all-too-realistic. Experience (e.g. Columbine) tells me this is reality.

Translating the virtual reality into actual reality is as simple as getting ahold of a gun. Guns are very easy to aim and shoot.

the_idle_threat
09-30-2006, 01:58 AM
Sorry to get all serious on you here, Fosco. :D

It just burns me that the prevailing attitude is that our culture's fixation with violence as entertainment cannot be the problem, and all the blame has to go onto parenting and access to guns. Parents can't control everything kids do, and despite all the laws and rules out there, a few guns will slip through the cracks into the wrong hands. These things should be examined when things go wrong of course, but we also need to look at our entertainment, especially when a form of it is modeling the exact behavior we find so objectionable. To date, we have generally given this aspect of the problem a free pass.

When you say it's a stretch that kids might translate the fantasy of killing people in Bond or GTA to the reality of their interactions with peers, you are giving the games a free pass. Kids are acting out the activities that appear in some of these games. It's so obvious, that it's a cop out to say we have to be psychology experts to understand this.

Fosco33
09-30-2006, 07:18 AM
Sorry to get all serious on you here, Fosco. :D

It just burns me that the prevailing attitude is that our culture's fixation with violence as entertainment cannot be the problem, and all the blame has to go onto parenting and access to guns. Parents can't control everything kids do, and despite all the laws and rules out there, a few guns will slip through the cracks into the wrong hands. These things should be examined when things go wrong of course, but we also need to look at our entertainment, especially when a form of it is modeling the exact behavior we find so objectionable. To date, we have generally given this aspect of the problem a free pass.

When you say it's a stretch that kids might translate the fantasy of killing people in Bond or GTA to the reality of their interactions with peers, you are giving the games a free pass. Kids are acting out the activities that appear in some of these games. It's so obvious, that it's a cop out to say we have to be psychology experts to understand this.

No problem, man. That's why PR is great - civil discussion w/ varying opinions. Of course society and culture have ways of shaping youth - but I'm a Libertarian - so personal freedoms and responsibilities are paramount, IMO.

Here's a cut of the article on the kid who killed that principal yesterday - fits the 'profile' like a freakin glove...

CAZENOVIA, Wisconsin (AP) -- A teenager who pried open his family's gun cabinet brought two weapons to his rural school Friday and shot the principal to death after a struggle with adults and other students, authorities said.

No one else was hurt.

Eric Hainstock, 15, was taken into custody and charged as an adult with murder, District Attorney Patricia Barrett said. (Watch Barrett explain the charges against the 15-year-old -- 1:49 )

Authorities said the teen had complained about being teased by other students and decided to confront teachers and the principal using a shotgun and handgun taken from his parents' bedroom. The shooting also came one day after Weston Schools Principal John Klang gave him a disciplinary warning for having tobacco, according to a criminal complaint.

Witnesses said Hainstock walked in with the shotgun before classes began. A custodian, teachers and students wrestled with him, but he broke through, took out the handgun and shot Klang three times, Sheriff Randy Stammen said.

The custodian said the teen was a special-education student who told him he was there to kill someone, but did not say who.

"He was calm, but he was on a mission," said Dave Thompson, 43, who also has two children at the school.

Sophomore Shelly Rupp, 16, described Hainstock as a freshman with few friends and said he was "just weird in the head."

"He always used to kid around about bringing things to school and hurting kids," she said at a gas station nearby where students and townspeople had gathered.

Thompson said Hainstock first pointed a shotgun in a teacher's face. Thompson grabbed the gun, but the student then appeared to be reaching for another weapon, so Thompson and the teacher took cover. Thompson ran into a kitchen to call 911.

Klang then confronted the gunman. After the shots were fired, the principal, who was wounded, somehow wrestled him to the ground and swept the gun away, the complaint said.

Klang, 49, was shot in the head, chest and leg, authorities said. He died hours later at a hospital in Madison.

Sheriff Randy Stammen praised Klang's swift action. "The heroics of the people involved in this can't be understated," he said.

Hainstock said a group of kids had teased him by calling him names and rubbing up against him, the complaint said, and that he felt teachers and the principal would not do anything about it.

The complaint also said Hainstock had told a friend a few days earlier that Klang would not "make it through homecoming," referring to festivities planned for the school's homecoming weekend.

On Thursday, the principal had given Hainstock a disciplinary warning for having tobacco on school grounds, which was likely to mean an in-school suspension.

One student told a local reporter that Hainstock had recently been suspended for throwing a stapler at a teacher and for throwing a chair at the principal.

So, I'll be non-PC here.

You've got a kid w/ a history violent, mentally unstable behavior who smashes open a locked guncabinet after making veiled threats to other students in the past. Tick tock, tick tock.....

Back in the day, this kid probably wouldn't have been at a normal school - if at a school at all.

Students can be cruel - it's very common for kids to pick on each other. I know I was part of the 'in' crowd - but also faced ridicule (along w/ everyone else). Teachers do need to protect these heavily bullied kids.

But kids should also learn that telling administrators about threats is ok - that's partly how the situation was averted in GB if I recall.

MJZiggy
09-30-2006, 08:34 AM
Yes, there was a lot of bullying going on and you're right. this kid showed enough signs that he should have been in a behavioral facility were anyone able to put the pieces together. I think they need to get the message out to kids that if one of their peers starts talking/behaving this way, it's a sign that something bad could happen and that person needs the kind of help he will get if a grownup knows what's going on.

As to the other part of this discussion, TV and games do not get a free pass with me. I did a paper in college on the efffects of television on kids and anyone who thinks the effects are inconsequential hasn't done the same research I did. My research was mainly on TV vs. learning, but the issue goes deeper than pure entertainment. As to the video games, in our school among my kids' friends there is the one permissive parent. The other parents will invite this kid over to their houses, but will not permit the kids to go visit this boy at his house as they don't approve of the games that they play.

You can't just blame one thing though. Even if the kids can get their hands on the games, I think parenting definitely has some causality here. Every day, we have a discussion in our family about what happened during the day. Everyone is free to share whatever they like and it is discussed. I know what's going on at home, at school and at friends' houses. And GBR, thanks for the tip about the drop ceiling. I will remember to keep an eye on it when teenage years hit. But there's a difference between hiding a pack of cigs in the house and a weapons cache. I just don't understand how it's possible to have all that in your house and not know it.

GBRulz
09-30-2006, 09:13 AM
There is no doubt in my mind that violent video games and TV can have an effect on a kids mind. Especially if they don't have much of anything else in life....friends, not involved in school activities, parents who don't pay much attention to them, etc. but again, it all goes back to the parents being responsible. These violent video gams are almost always rated as M (mature), which is 17+ if I understand correctly. Ok, so why are you letting your 12 year old kid play this stuff? Get involved as a parent, know what your kid is doing.

I don't blame the teachers at all. Class sizes when I was going to school was never more than 20 kids in a class. I have a couple friends who are teachers, both H.S. and they have an average class size of 35-40 kids. You cannot expect a teacher to effectively handle classes of that size. Teachers are there to teach, not babysit the damn kids. So parents, stop blaming your kids fault on the schools. I don't go for that at all.

Amazing how a few kids in the above mentioned article all saw mental signs and problems with this kid, yet the parents did not. Also, I believe one kid mentioned that the shooter made a comment like "I'm not going to make it past homecoming". That kid should have immediately contacted the administration.

You also have to wonder how much the media affects kids decisions. If they didn't think what they did would be all over every internet news site and TV station, getting them all this attention, do you think the would still do it?

Zig, my apologies go out to the kids if I've ruined a hiding spot for them!!!

MJZiggy
09-30-2006, 10:14 AM
LOL. All the better to parent them with.

ahaha
09-30-2006, 07:34 PM
We live in such a safe and peaceful society. This incident, and Columbine, are extremely rare. Do people really think it was so much better in the old days? Study your history and you'll find violence everywhere. When incidents like this happen, people are always looking to blame something, video games, parents, poverty, government, whatever. The truth is that violence is a part of us. When our ancient ancestors were hunters & gatherers we needed it to survive. Most people don't use violence unless they're put under extreme pressure. Things are good in this country and violence is not a common means to resolve conflicts. If you think this country is so bad, try saying "We live in a violent society!" to someone who lives in Liberia or Palestine.

Scott Campbell
09-30-2006, 07:44 PM
When incidents like this happen, people are always looking to blame something, video games, parents, poverty, government, whatever.

I personally blame the people of Chicago and da Bears for this kind of thing.

BallHawk
09-30-2006, 08:48 PM
I think video games do have some affect on a student, but I don't think that it's the driving force in a homicide. I believe rap music and TV has an impact too, but not an impact big enough to cause murder, alltogether.

Personally, I think America is gun crazy. I mean if you watch Bowling for Columbine, you realize how easy it is to get a gun. But, in these HS shootings, you've gotta blame the parents.

I mean, it seems in almost all of these stories that the gun used to commit the crime came from the parents. Parents are encouraged to put their guns away when they have little children, when really, having a teenager with a gun is as dangerous, or more dangerous than a little kid with a gun. The teenager is going to have a motive, the teenager is gonna know how to turn off the saftey, and the teenager is going to know what it is capable of.

You see the parents say, "He was such a good kid, I don't know why he would do this."

Well, the kid has a problem and he has a resolution to the problem in his Dad's dresser closet. Now, I'm sure these kids have problems, and I know most of America, when faced with a problem, will not resolve it with a gun, but some of these kids just think that way.

Guns, in most cases, are used to protect their owneers and their families, but more deaths are caused by accidental shootings in the home, than deaths that are prevented by guns.

Now, I know people have hunting guns, and though I'm not a hunter, nor plan to be one, I do understand and agree with the concept of a hunter having a gun. But, for God's sake people, LOCK IT UP! Put it in a case and put the key where only you will find it. It's a lot easier to find a gun than it is to find a key.

America won't change it's ways with the selling of guns and ammunition, but hopefully they can change with gun saftey. Unfortuantly, that prospect doesn't look to promising.

superfan
10-01-2006, 12:35 AM
I think video games do have some affect on a student, but I don't think that it's the driving force in a homicide. I believe rap music and TV has an impact too, but not an impact big enough to cause murder, alltogether.

Personally, I think America is gun crazy. I mean if you watch Bowling for Columbine, you realize how easy it is to get a gun. But, in these HS shootings, you've gotta blame the parents.

I mean, it seems in almost all of these stories that the gun used to commit the crime came from the parents. Parents are encouraged to put their guns away when they have little children, when really, having a teenager with a gun is as dangerous, or more dangerous than a little kid with a gun. The teenager is going to have a motive, the teenager is gonna know how to turn off the saftey, and the teenager is going to know what it is capable of.

You see the parents say, "He was such a good kid, I don't know why he would do this."

Well, the kid has a problem and he has a resolution to the problem in his Dad's dresser closet. Now, I'm sure these kids have problems, and I know most of America, when faced with a problem, will not resolve it with a gun, but some of these kids just think that way.

Guns, in most cases, are used to protect their owneers and their families, but more deaths are caused by accidental shootings in the home, than deaths that are prevented by guns.

Now, I know people have hunting guns, and though I'm not a hunter, nor plan to be one, I do understand and agree with the concept of a hunter having a gun. But, for God's sake people, LOCK IT UP! Put it in a case and put the key where only you will find it. It's a lot easier to find a gun than it is to find a key.

America won't change it's ways with the selling of guns and ammunition, but hopefully they can change with gun saftey. Unfortuantly, that prospect doesn't look to promising.

BallHawk, your parents should be very proud of you. Great post.

Back to the recent Wisconsin shooting, I grew up very close to the town where this happened. I called my parents today, and it is obviously big news in the area.

I don't know if this has been covered much in the national news, but from what I've heard this weekend was Homecoming weekend for the school, and minutes before the shooting took place, one of their football players was killed in a car accident, and they were considering calling off the homecoming festivities because of that. A fatal car accident involving a high school student is big news itself in a town of 300 people. Horrible double tragedy for the town.

GBRulz
10-02-2006, 02:25 PM
WTF is happening lately..... 3 school shootings in the past week in the U.S.

Today a milk truck driver shot 6 people in an Amish School, in PA.

BallHawk
10-02-2006, 02:29 PM
Wow. Why is it that all these things happen in trend?. This week 3 school shootings in one week. About 9 months ago there were 3 deadly plane crashes in one week. The world is strange.

GBRulz
10-02-2006, 02:31 PM
Wow. Why is it that all these things happen in trends. This week 3 school shootings in on week. About 9 months ago there were 3 deadly plane crashes in one week. The world is strange.

Well, how about if the Packers win 3 games at a time this year? That would be a positive thing that happened in "3's". The last time we won 3 games in a row was....well, not last year, lol.

BallHawk
10-02-2006, 03:35 PM
Apparently, the shooter called his wife before the killings and said, "He was acting out revenge for something done to him 20 years ago." Must of been traumatized by girls in his school days.

MJZiggy
10-02-2006, 04:26 PM
WTF is happening lately..... 3 school shootings in the past week in the U.S.

Today a milk truck driver shot 6 people in an Amish School, in PA.

What did the poor Amish folk ever do to him?? If there's anyone you wouldn't expect something like this to happen to...

People are so stupid. Ok, not all of them but...

Oscar
10-02-2006, 04:34 PM
I just read the article. It said one of the girls was just 11. My oldest daughter is almost 10. Her live is just begining as was the children that this man killed. Lately, I catch myself thinking about things like this every morning my kids leave on the bus for school. What a F-ed up world we live in....

BallHawk
10-02-2006, 04:44 PM
My parents always tell me the world wasn't nearly as fucked up when they were kids(my parents grew up in the mid 60s and 70s.) Is this true? If so, why is the world so fucked up now?

MJZiggy
10-02-2006, 05:22 PM
It was just different F'd up. But no, people did not go around shooting up schools back then. Kids were not armed unless they were hunting with their dads and it may be just an illusion, but I think people may have been a bit less self-centered and more civil. Then again, you're pushing the limits of my memory so maybe it's all skewed but I seem to remember a lot more freedom than I give as a parent.

Oscar
10-02-2006, 05:27 PM
I wasn't trying to turn this into a why the world is F-ed up thread. But, that is a good question.

ahaha
10-03-2006, 11:46 AM
I wasn't trying to turn this into a why the world is F-ed up thread. But, that is a good question.

The world is f@#ked up because there are way too many of us. Nature is all about balance, and when one species' population starts to get too big nature brings some kind of 'population control'. Examples would be an increase of predators, disease, violence, or starvation. Mankind, because of its super-evolved brain, has been able to counter many of these population controls. Because of this, the human population has exploded way past nature's balanced design, and now we completely dominate the planet. Evolution is all about competition to survive and to pass on our genes. Combine this with an overly crowded planet and you end up with a very volitile mixture. It's only natural that there are going to be a rare few individuals who can't handle the stresses of our civilized world and commit these absurd attrocities.

MJZiggy
10-03-2006, 12:30 PM
ahaha, your theory holds a LOT of merit and if these shootings had happened in NYC or another big city, I would completely agree that this is why they're happening, but these happened in the middle of nowhere. The western Wis one happened in a town of what? 300? in the middle of farmland, another in a dinky little mountain town in Colorado and if you've ever been to Amish country, it is peaceful quiet pastureland. Most of these people don't even own cars and the largest distraction they have there besides tourists is the Strasburg Railroad. It's just that the steam engine makes some noise. No density there at all. Doesn't mean I'm not on board with the theory on overpopulation. I absolutely agree that there are too many people on the planet.

ahaha
10-03-2006, 01:05 PM
ahaha, your theory holds a LOT of merit and if these shootings had happened in NYC or another big city, I would completely agree that this is why they're happening, but these happened in the middle of nowhere. The western Wis one happened in a town of what? 300? in the middle of farmland, another in a dinky little mountain town in Colorado and if you've ever been to Amish country, it is peaceful quiet pastureland. Most of these people don't even own cars and the largest distraction they have there besides tourists is the Strasburg Railroad. It's just that the steam engine makes some noise. No density there at all. Doesn't mean I'm not on board with the theory on overpopulation. I absolutely agree that there are too many people on the planet.

My parents live in Amish country. They're not immune from hatred. Plenty of people in the area hate them. But, this is beside the point, because the guy who shot them up said it wasn't about them being Amish, they were just in the wrong place at the wrong time. Smaller communities might not seem overcrowded, but compared to a natural world with no civilization, they are. My whole view on why the world is so f@#ked up is because of this gross overpopulation of the planet. Most people adapt and deal with the stresses that come with this, but it's only natural to have these rare cases of someone who can't. Even with these three incidents in one week, it's still extremely rare.

GBRulz
10-04-2006, 09:28 AM
The Amish are hated by alot of people? That's actually very shocking to me. While I don't live directly in a city with them, there is a large base of them living 20-30 minutes outside GB. I don't know one person that has a problem with the Amish. I'm certainly not saying there are people who don't like them, but I've honestly not heard of any.

woodbuck27
10-04-2006, 11:00 AM
"I absolutely agree that there are too many people on the planet." MJZiggy

...and your response to that would be "of course" more attention to educating the Worlds mass's or underdeveloped countries etc. "in proper means" of taking advantage "of available and best methods of birth control" MJ?

ahaha
10-04-2006, 11:02 AM
The Amish are hated by alot of people? That's actually very shocking to me. While I don't live directly in a city with them, there is a large base of them living 20-30 minutes outside GB. I don't know one person that has a problem with the Amish. I'm certainly not saying there are people who don't like them, but I've honestly not heard of any.

Most people in my hometown area don't care, but there are a significant amount who want them to leave. They don't pay all the taxes that the rest of us pay. That angers some people, especially farmers struggling to make a living. They also like to ignore hunting and property regulations. A lot of Amish hunt deer year round, and at night, and without qualms about doing it on their neighbor's private land. The DNR hasn't done much to stop this. Since they started moving in to our area in the late 80's, our deer population has been decimated, even though the rest of the state has reported record numbers. There are a lot of deer hunters in my hometown, and a lot of them are pissed about this. Personally, I think the Amish are nice people, although I think their religion is silly. Whenever my dad or grandma does something nice for them, they're quick to drop off some fresh baked goodies on the doorstep.

woodbuck27
10-04-2006, 11:13 AM

My parents live in Amish country. They're not immune from hatred. Plenty of people in the area hate them. But, this is beside the point, because the guy who shot them up said it wasn't about them being Amish, they were just in the wrong place at the wrong time. Smaller communities might not seem overcrowded, but compared to a natural world with no civilization, they are. My whole view on why the world is so f@#ked up is because of this gross overpopulation of the planet. Most people adapt and deal with the stresses that come with this, but it's only natural to have these rare cases of someone who can't. Even with these three incidents in one week, it's still extremely rare.

People such as the man that perpetrate such crimes against the innocent are " the lost people".

Lost as OUR Society can't really support or otherwise assist them.

It's a catch 22.

Those alone... in the severe destruction and dysfunction in their lives, because they can't find "a way to cry out for help" and become lost in the darkness of their severely damaged ego's and crippling neurosis.

This man admitted to being a child molester in his past. I perceive/guess that he couldn't live with his guilt?

The puzzling fact is.

If that... he had gone so in distain of himself, and couldn't seek help because (of possibly) the stigma attached to, and punishment he deserved to suffer associated with his BLACK deeds?

Why? Did he harm others in his psychpathy and not simply take his own life.

Therein, lies the answer.

MJZiggy
10-04-2006, 11:53 AM
"I absolutely agree that there are too many people on the planet." MJZiggy

...and your response to that would be "of course" more attention to educating the Worlds mass's or underdeveloped countries etc. "in proper means" of taking advantage "of available and best methods of birth control" MJ?

Among other things. Yes. There is a lot of important education that must take place in the world and not just about birth control.

ahaha
10-04-2006, 12:03 PM
This man admitted to being a child molester in his past. I perceive/guess that he couldn't live with his guilt?

The puzzling fact is.

If that... he had gone so in distain of himself, and couldn't seek help because (of possibly) the stigma attached to, and punishment he deserved to suffer associated with his BLACK deeds?

This is just a guess, because who really knows what goes on in the head of a madman, but I don't think he was overrun with guilt. If that were the case, he probably would have just done himself in. I think after the tradgedies he endured and the fact he knew the world would think him a monster, he just got fed up and flipped. I think this act was a statement from this maniac, and that statement was "F@#k you world!"

woodbuck27
10-04-2006, 12:13 PM
Why has the World gome Mad?

I just happened to stumble upon this:

http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=44485

... as I was surfing for some info. It's stuff like this, that contributes to the derth of OUR Society in Communities big and small.

I believe that, it comes down to who you are in regards to respect for others through self respect.

Self respect is a big factor of who you are, in terms of your environmentle upbringing; and how you are able to cope, as you mature with all the positive or negative consequences of that important bearing on your life. Your home environment.

"We can't choose OUR parents."

The fortunate are raised in homes that are overall truly healthy and groom the offspring to be of good self esteem and to go on to be positive contributors to society.Hopefully. To grow or mature to live a holistic life.These parents make their children/teens a priority

Isn't that all, so well and nice.

The reality exists, that many people aren't so fortunate and suffer incredible degrees and sorts of abuse. These young people begin their lives living and trying to learn in a dysfunctional primary environment. These people are abused in certain ways and degrees,and go on to in alot of cases abuse those they contact or attempt to love. Unless they have the foresight and fortunate means of getting help to heal, and consequently live their lives now better equipped to break that cycle of abuse.

Today it's not even that simple, as the pressures of OUR society make certain demands on parenting difficult. Thus we are realizing that the children and teens are often ignored or left to their own and often inadequate means. Too often, parents are too tired to accept all the responsibilities of adequate to proper parenting.

Thus OUR children are often "latch key" and have to try to manage their OWN early childhood and teenage development, with all the pressures and demands on then that the dark side of OUR society challenges them with. Do so alone or with the good or bad advice of their peer group.

We see the influence of peer pressure on OUR youth.The influence of easy access to alcohol and drugs. Teens being teens arn't normally going to inform the negligent parent, that they are in trouble from subjection to one form of possible negative peer pressure or another.

These children/teens loose respect for their primary caregivers, the parents, and in too many cases the single parent as well. These lost children/teens are often not mature enough, not responsible enough to cope. They grow up fast... but right?

We hear of those low esteem'd children/teens, " looking for love in all the wrong places" and all the consequences of that path.

Where is OUR society today compared to mine... in terms of faith... but overall, crippled /lost?

Religion had lost it's grip om OUR moral Society and it's reported is making a comeback, but will that spread to grab the attention of those falling by the wayside?

How to reach out to these lost children/teens? That is a challenging question.

OUR children/teens need good and proper mentors in the unfortunate absence of the often overworked and too tired parents/parent. That means that parents must ensure these proper mentors, by entering and supporting their children/teens in beneficial programs.

Programs like the YMCA/YWCA, "the Rotory Club, Religious Youth groups, Junior Achievement, Minor league sports of all sorts, martial arts etc.
Parents must ensure that their childrens /teens internet activities are healthy and not destructive or on a path to danger otherwise. Censorship of Internet activities must be made a possible response to inproper use of the Internet. How's that? By examining your childs/teens internet use. Parents need to pay attention.

Children today in the larger inner Cities, have to deal with ruthless gangs and other teens with guns (and other weapons) that they'll use without a lick of thought...

Our teams grow up in a dangerous environment and as Parents and mentors we need to ask alot of questions and show a real intereest in OUR children/teens activities/interests.

Need I go on?... I think not.

justanotherpackfan
10-04-2006, 07:56 PM
Why has the World gome Mad?I OUR children/teens need good and proper mentors in the unfortunate absence of the often overworked and too tired parents/parent. That means that parents must ensure these proper mentors, by entering and supporting their children/teens in beneficial programs.

Programs like the YMCA/YWCA, "the Rotory Club, Religious Youth groups, Junior Achievement, Minor league sports of all sorts, martial arts etc.
Parents must ensure that their childrens /teens internet activities are healthy and not destructive or on a path to danger otherwise. Censorship of Internet activities must be made a possible response to inproper use of the Internet. How's that? By examining your childs/teens internet use. Parents need to pay attention.

Children today in the larger inner Cities, have to deal with ruthless gangs and other teens with guns (and other weapons) that they'll use without a lick of thought...

Our teams grow up in a dangerous environment and as Parents and mentors we need to ask alot of questions and show a real intereest inOUR children/teens activities/interests.

Need I go on...
All I know is, 50 Cent ain't no mentor.

woodbuck27
10-04-2006, 07:57 PM

The puzzling fact is.

This is just a guess, because who really knows what goes on in the head of a madman, but I don't think he was overrun with guilt. If that were the case, he probably would have just done himself in. I think after the tradgedies he endured and the fact he knew the world would think him a monster, he just got fed up and flipped. I think this act was a statement from this maniac, and that statement was "F@#k you world!"

I believe your take certinly can't be far off what was in this man's head. Police discovered that he had in his possession all he needed to commission a terrible crime on the Amish school children and he was prepared to hold these school children hostage and it certainly appears to sexually molest them.

He flipped in his agony/guilt and became a monster.

I have a possible solution for these sexual deviants but "the LAW " likely wouldn't HOLD for it.

I have alot more to post here but I have to review this thread for content first. I found "a whack of material"... on this matter.

It really bothers me "this insane stuff", that makes victims of totally innocent people.

It hits me close to home ahaha, having just experienced another school shooting (with one murder victim, and I believe it was a number in the late teens (of others seriously wounded) in "the Dawson College"shooting here in Montreal, in the past month.

This is the third shooting murder in a school here in the past 2 decades.One shooting took the Life of a number of College women (the number murdered was in the teens) Very shocking!!

I posted a thread on this terrible tragedy a few weeks ago.This stuff forces me to question how this could happen?

woodbuck27
10-04-2006, 08:02 PM
Why has the World gome Mad?I OUR children/teens need good and proper mentors in the unfortunate absence of the often overworked and too tired parents/parent. That means that parents must ensure these proper mentors, by entering and supporting their children/teens in beneficial programs.

Our teams grow up in a dangerous environment and as Parents and mentors we need to ask alot of questions and show a real intereest inOUR children/teens activities/interests.

Need I go on...
All I know is, 50 Cent ain't no mentor.

Yup ! I'm certainly not down on Rap music.

Alot of it pure CRAP..Evil shit for the wrong minds.

BallHawk IMO,had some accurate commentary on that crap justanotherpackfan.

I am a huge BallHawk fan on this Forum. He's an amazing young fella. :mrgreen:

woodbuck27
10-04-2006, 08:13 PM
School Violence in North America

A timeline of tragedy. Violent incidents at schools since 1975. That represents 96 Murders.

See the following Link for timeline and ALL related Stories:

http://news.sympatico.msn.ca/SpecialFeatures/Articles/SchoolViolence

CTV.ca related stories

Deputy coroner found gory scene at schoolhouse

The scene at the Amish schoolhouse was so horrific, the deputy coroner says she hopes "never to see anything like it again."

Police say shooter wanted to molest girls again

The man who shot several children at an Amish schoolhouse in Pennsylvania told his wife he had molested young family members 20 years ago, said state police Tuesday.

Fourth girl dies in Amish school shooting

A fourth girl has died after a brutal Amish schoolhouse shooting in rural Pennsylvania, while seven others remain in critical condition.

CBC.ca related stories

Hundreds attend vigils for Amish schoolgirls

As the families of the five Amish girls killed in this week's schoolhouse shooting prepare for their funerals, hundreds gathered in southern Pennsylvania communities Tuesday night for vigils.

School shooter targeted girls, police say

The truck driver who opened fire inside a tiny Amish schoolhouse in Pennsylvania Monday, killing four students, sent the boys outside before tying up the girls and shooting them at close range, police say.

Dawson shooting victim, family urge PM to keep gun registry

The family of a victim of Montreal's Dawson College shooting is urging Prime Minister Stephen Harper to drop his government's plan to scrap the federal firearms registry.

Dawson victim's family rejects meeting with shooter's mom

The family of Anastasia De Sousa, the student who was fatally shot at Montreal's Dawson College, will not consider meeting with the killer's mother, the slain girl's aunt said Monday.

Donations flow to Dawson College shooting victims

A youth organization says it has been flooded with offers of help and support from former Montrealers around the world, who want to lend a hand to families of victims in the Dawson College shootings.

Hundreds at funeral for college shooting victim

More than 700 people, many lining up for three blocks in the rain, gathered at a church in Montreal's east end for the funeral of Anastasia De Sousa on Tuesday, nearly a week after the 18-year-old student was shot dead in a shooting rampage at a downtown college.

2 Montreal shooting victims remain in intensive care

Two victims of Montreal's Dawson College shooting remained in critical condition on Saturday, and a hospital spokesman said one had made some progress.

Mother leaped on wounded daughter as gunman took aim

When Kathleen Dixon felt a bullet breeze past her ear, the first thing she did was tackle her daughter to the street outside Dawson College.

College shooter Gill obsessed with guns

Kimveer Gill was obsessed with firearms but followed the rules to legally obtain them, gun enthusiasts who knew him say.

Slain woman's family angry with Montreal police

The grieving family members of a young woman slain by a gunman at Dawson College are angry with Montreal police, accusing officials of waiting too long to tell her parents their daughter had died.

Harper, Charest don't see eye to eye on gun registry

The prime minister and Quebec's premier were at odds on Thursday over the need for a gun registry in the wake of Wednesday's tragic shooting rampage at a Montreal college.

Montreal gunman killed himself: autopsy

The gunman who killed an 18-year-old student in a shooting rampage at Montreal's Dawson College on Wednesday died of a self-inflicted wound, said a spokeswoman with la Sûreté du Québec late Thursday afternoon.

justanotherpackfan
10-05-2006, 05:17 PM
http://nbc15.madison.com/news/headlines/4317527.html
Waukesha high school student faces expulsion for threat

The 15-year-old boy was arrested on a possible charge of disorderly conduct.

Principal Ryan Champeau says the student was heard making another threat Tuesday while leaving the school and was taken into custody Wednesday.

AP
A Waukesha high school sophomore is facing expulsion for making threats of violence. North High School officials say the boy wanted to do ``another Columbine.''