PDA

View Full Version : 2021 ALL PRO -- Green Bay Packers

Sparkey
01-14-2022, 03:33 PM
Aaron Rodgers - 1st team
Davante Adams - 1st team unanimous
Devondre Campbell - 1st team

Aaron Rodgers - nothing to say that hasn't been said already.

Adams deserves it. The guy is incredible, just think if he was a tad faster ?

As far as Campbell, kudos to him but it also makes his resigning difficult as he will get some large offers.

** Davante Adams, Cooper Kupp and Jonathan Taylor were the only players to receive all 50 votes.

King Friday
01-14-2022, 03:46 PM
Campbell won't be back. GB doesn't value the position, and still won't even after Campbell proved how impactful the ILB can be

Joemailman
01-14-2022, 04:07 PM
Campbell won't be back. GB doesn't value the position, and still won't even after Campbell proved how impactful the ILB can be

My hope is that Campbell's play will cause Gute to see how impactful an ILB who can cover can be. I don't see the Packers just going back tp Krys Barnes and Summers/Burk at the position.

RashanGary
01-14-2022, 04:14 PM
Campbell is overrated. He’s just a guy.

call_me_ishmael
01-14-2022, 04:52 PM

I don't think he's Darius Leonard or Darius Rucker but I think saying he's just a guy when he made the all-pro team is silly. He's had a very good season, but he is still just an ILB. The Packers are not 13-4 without him, though.

texaspackerbacker
01-14-2022, 05:50 PM
Campbell WILL be retained - at least he better be. The Packers D floundered against a 2 win team last week. Regardless of how good our Corners are and Clark and our OLBs, we just gave up too much short middle passes and inside runs without Campbell. That's the way it has been for years, and last week brought back memories of that.

And as for our ability to keep him, as I've said over and over and over again, if you handle the cap right/stretch things out right, we can retain him and everybody worth keeping.

Fritz
01-14-2022, 06:53 PM

You're joking, right? Guy's been superb.

Joemailman
01-14-2022, 08:42 PM
RG trolling a bit me thinks. Campbell may never duplicate this season, but he's been great this year.

RashanGary
01-14-2022, 10:00 PM
He tackles well. I’ll give him that. But he’s not electric at all. I’ve never felt like he was a great player. He fell into a couple interceptions ala Jarret Bush. Other than that he’s just sort of played solid football. He’s solid but not a real play maker.

texaspackerbacker
01-14-2022, 10:09 PM
To some extent, you're both right. Campbell stood out as downright great ....... but why? Because what the Packers have had for a long time in that position was thorough crap, and he was a helluva lot better in comparison - which was very apparent against the Lions.

Bretsky
01-15-2022, 09:29 AM
Good for Campbell he made it; but it also solidified my view he was a great one year rental. We'll pay Rodgers, Adams and Alexander and most likely lose Douglas and Campbell. Tonyan we either lose to $$ or keep on a short term deal since he is coming off an injury.

Let's enjoy the ride and win a dam Super Bowl !!

Anti-Polar Bear
01-15-2022, 10:33 AM

Just a guy is Hawk. Ditto, Martinez, Ryan and that guy that sucked so bad, the Packers had to move the Claymaker ILB.

Campbell is awesome. Best ILB to don the Green and Musta Yella since Nick Barnett, a Sherman draft pick.

Fritz
01-15-2022, 11:08 AM
Just a guy is Hawk. Ditto, Martinez, Ryan and that guy that sucked so bad, the Packers had to move the Claymaker ILB.

Campbell is awesome. Best ILB to don the Green and Musta Yella since Nick Barnett, a Sherman draft pick.

OMG, I'm agreeing with APB and Tex on this one.

Campbell's great strengths are his tackling ability and his knack for knowing where to be. Oh, and he's one of the stronger ILB's this team has had. When a guy Campbell is covering catches the ball, that guy gets tackled immediately. So instead of a fourteen yard completion on a short pass on a third-and-eleven, it's fourth-and-five because Campbell made the tackle immediately.

Imagine if this team had had Campbell last year. I don't think the Tampa Bay running game would've run roughshod over the defense like it did last year, at least as the game went on.

Also, Kenny Clark ought to have been an All Pro. That's a shame that he did not get chosen.

Anti-Polar Bear
01-15-2022, 11:47 AM
OMG, I'm agreeing with APB and Tex on this one.

Campbell's great strengths are his tackling ability and his knack for knowing where to be. Oh, and he's one of the stronger ILB's this team has had. When a guy Campbell is covering catches the ball, that guy gets tackled immediately. So instead of a fourteen yard completion on a short pass on a third-and-eleven, it's fourth-and-five because Campbell made the tackle immediately.

Imagine if this team had had Campbell last year. I don't think the Tampa Bay running game would've run roughshod over the defense like it did last year, at least as the game went on.

Also, Kenny Clark ought to have been an All Pro. That's a shame that he did not get chosen.

As the Mailman mentioned, Campbell is pretty good in coverage, too. Hawk, Martinez, et al., had difficulties covering RBs and TEs on an island; they had nada awarenesses when playing zone.

Clark, now that’s a guy who’s overrated. I haven’t checked but I am willing to bet my minimum wage paycheck that Dean “raptor arms” Lowry has prettier stats this season than ole Cletidus.

Joemailman
01-15-2022, 01:34 PM
As the Mailman mentioned, Campbell is pretty good in coverage, too. Hawk, Martinez, et al., had difficulties covering RBs and TEs on an island; they had nada awarenesses when playing zone.

Clark, now that’s a guy who’s overrated. I haven’t checked but I am willing to bet my minimum wage paycheck that Dean “raptor arms” Lowry has prettier stats this season than ole Cletidus.

Lowry should have better stats because Clark is the one getting double-teamed all the time. Actually, between the two, their stats on tackles, tackles for loss and sacks are pretty similar.

Anti-Polar Bear
01-15-2022, 01:57 PM
Lowry should have better stats because Clark is the one getting double-teamed all the time. Actually, between the two, their stats on tackles, tackles for loss and sacks are pretty similar.

Donald and JJ Watt get gang-blocked all the time. They find ways to beat the blocks.

$19M/yr just to put up Lowry numbers. That’s the definition of overrated.

Bretsky
01-15-2022, 03:57 PM
Clark collapses the pocket; he's our DL playmaker and was well worth the money

ThunderDan
01-15-2022, 04:52 PM
Aaron Rodgers - 1st team
Davante Adams - 1st team unanimous
Devondre Campbell - 1st team

Aaron Rodgers - nothing to say that hasn't been said already.

Adams deserves it. The guy is incredible, just think if he was a tad faster ?

As far as Campbell, kudos to him but it also makes his resigning difficult as he will get some large offers.

** Davante Adams, Cooper Kupp and Jonathan Taylor were the only players to receive all 50 votes.
Amazing our 6th best WR was a unanimous NFL All Pro.

smuggler
01-15-2022, 06:54 PM
APB, for someone that purports to be an everyman, you sure do undervalue the DT position. Clark is a top-5 pure DT and he's the most important guy on our line by far. Lowry hasn't been bad, but he's also not asked to do as much as Clark.

George Cumby
01-15-2022, 09:30 PM
Clark is arguably the D's MVP.

texaspackerbacker
01-15-2022, 10:34 PM
APB, for someone that purports to be an everyman, you sure do undervalue the DT position. Clark is a top-5 pure DT and he's the most important guy on our line by far. Lowry hasn't been bad, but he's also not asked to do as much as Clark.

I've been agreeing with you a lot lately, but no here. The Packers D without Clark to the Packers D with him says it all. You can pretty much say the same for Campbell, though, also. Lowry has been surprisingly unbad this season. Even Lancaster has had a few moments.

run pMc
01-18-2022, 09:28 AM
Rodgers and Adams as All-Pro are no brainers. Glad to see Campbell getting recognition -- he's had a stinker or two, but overall has been very good.

Clark is very good, and very good DL get paid a lot. Campbell has had a good year because of his skillset and the scheme. He is not JAG -- Barnes, Summers, etc. are. Watch clips of them and compare how fast they diagnose, avoid false steps, etc... Campbell is better. He's also a bigger ILB than either which helps too.

I don't think he's back unless the market for him just doesn't exist, which would be a surprise. I think they will look at other cheaper options in FA or the draft at ILB, but he's clearly been a difference maker in the middle for them. The reason I think he's gone is they have other priorities (Rodgers, Adams) and won't have the cap space for him.

With Clark, Campbell and Amos they have some decent strength up the middle, which matters vs. the run.

As for Lowry, he's been up and down this year too. He had a very good stretch, then disappeared, then showed up again... so maybe he's back for the playoffs? The right side of the SF OL has some issues, and he'll be an important contributor on the DL if they want to be playing in February.

Anti-Polar Bear
01-18-2022, 09:50 AM
Rodgers and Adams as All-Pro are no brainers. Glad to see Campbell getting recognition -- he's had a stinker or two, but overall has been very good.

Clark is very good, and very good DL get paid a lot. Campbell has had a good year because of his skillset and the scheme. He is not JAG -- Barnes, Summers, etc. are. Watch clips of them and compare how fast they diagnose, avoid false steps, etc... Campbell is better. He's also a bigger ILB than either which helps too.

I don't think he's back unless the market for him just doesn't exist, which would be a surprise. I think they will look at other cheaper options in FA or the draft at ILB, but he's clearly been a difference maker in the middle for them. The reason I think he's gone is they have other priorities (Rodgers, Adams) and won't have the cap space for him.

With Clark, Campbell and Amos they have some decent strength up the middle, which matters vs. the run.

As for Lowry, he's been up and down this year too. He had a very good stretch, then disappeared, then showed up again... so maybe he's back for the playoffs? The right side of the SF OL has some issues, and he'll be an important contributor on the DL if they want to be playing in February.

Clark is in his prime and being paid elite frogskins. Is he playing at an elite level? Does he consistently dominate games? The answers appears to be no and no. Thus, Clark is overrated, overpaid and underachieving.

Fritz
01-18-2022, 10:54 AM
Clark does play at an elite level and he does dominate games. His last-quarter sacks against, who, Seattle and Cleveland, or whomever, attest to that. He keeps the middle plugged tight, and on passing downs the dude gets push against double-teams. He also seems to be able to sniff out the screens; a key element when Z is playing since he just rushes the QB.

red
01-18-2022, 09:53 PM
My hope is that Campbell's play will cause Gute to see how impactful an ILB who can cover can be. I don't see the Packers just going back tp Krys Barnes and Summers/Burk at the position.

exactly

they fell ass backwards into getting an elite ILB and it made a big difference

they cant un see the success

they gotta start paying attention to the position

HarveyWallbangers
01-18-2022, 10:38 PM
exactly

they fell ass backwards into getting an elite ILB and it made a big difference

they cant un see the success

they gotta start paying attention to the position

Or maybe they don't. They found a guy off the scrap heap--while guys taken later in the first round (Devin Bush, Kenneth Murray, Patrick Queen, Zaven Collins, Jamin Davis) haven't been very good. I think Jordyn Brooks may have been good this year. I'd take Eric Stokes over any of those guys.