PDA

View Full Version : Official Niners at Green Bay, Divisional Round Discussion Thread:

George Cumby
01-16-2022, 07:02 PM
Let's go.

esoxx
01-16-2022, 07:04 PM
Packers 28
49ers 24

RashanGary
01-16-2022, 07:24 PM
At least SF came out of their wildcard game beat up.

QBME
01-16-2022, 07:45 PM
The thing that concerns me most is Kyle Shannihan. As posted earlier, he’s one cool, smart cat.

George Cumby
01-16-2022, 07:51 PM
If the D is decent against the run and the OL can get the running game going, I think the Packers win.

kcpackman
01-16-2022, 08:02 PM
At least SF came out of their wildcard game beat up.
Outside of Bosa and Warner - was there other injuries?

I suspect Bosa will clear concussion protocols by next Sunday.

kcpackman
01-16-2022, 08:03 PM
My biggest question/concern is do we have anyone that cover Kittle?

RashanGary
01-16-2022, 08:07 PM

I thought they lost another DL, Jordan Willis.

kcpackman
01-16-2022, 08:23 PM
I thought they lost another DL, Jordan Willis.

Thanks - it will be something to watch.

call_me_ishmael
01-16-2022, 10:10 PM
Hopefully it is cold as hell. I am scared of this game. Tough opponent. Watching the games this weekend, I think the Packers are closer to the Niners than any of the teams that blew their opponent out. Hope I'm wrong and they roll 'em.

esoxx
01-16-2022, 11:19 PM
Packers installed as five point favorites

kcpackman
01-16-2022, 11:47 PM
Packers installed as five point favorites

I think home field gives a team 3 points almost automatically, so Vegas is basically calling this game even. (GB +2)

Fritz
01-17-2022, 04:39 AM
There will likely be some gnashing of teeth this week. San Fran seems to have had our number, and a lot of us are still smarting from the "Uh, Jerry Rice didn't actually catch that ball" in '98 through Colin Kaepernick running wild to two years ago and the Niners basically having their way with the Packers like a man playing against a bunch of seven-year-olds.

But in some ways I think this is similar to how we've all felt against Seattle. After that horrible 2014 season exit - that's right up there with the worst losses ever - to the replacement-refs-fail-mary debacle, people felt bushwhacked by the Seahawks. Then the Packers started beating them again, but even so, people were flinching like an abused dog when Seattle was the opponent. It took awhile for people to get over it and realize that the Packers were actually now beating the Hawks regularly - regular season, playoffs, everything.

So I think San Fran represents the same bogeyman, but the Packers have beaten them this year (without Bakhtiari, on the road) and the year before.

They know what they have to do: shut down that running game, limit Deebo Samuels, and on the offensive side, control the line of scrimmage.

Me, I am mightily comforted by having Devondre Campbell in the lineup for Green Bay. The dude tackles people so there is no YAC, and running plays go for three yards instead of eight. I also wonder if The Flower an Joe Barry have given any thought to giving TJ Slaton a few more snaps alongside Kenny Clark, to try to gum up that middle. But maybe they think Tyler Lancaster is up to the task.

Kenny Clark is rested, and he'll have to be a force in the middle. The corners are going to have to be willing and spirited tacklers. Barnes has to bring the wood. The Packers need to match the intensity of the Niners. If they do that, they'll win. None of this "Oh, we're playing for real now?" looks of surprise. Smack San Fran in the mouth, and keep smacking them in the mouth.

King Friday
01-17-2022, 05:35 AM
The Niners defense is beatable. Rodgers has to take the short stuff and keep the chains moving. If you try to go downfield all the time, then SF will get sacks and put you into undesirable situations. Their defense will be a little beat up as well. Jones should see a lot of usage in the passing game this week.

To me, the biggest key is getting out to a quick start...which has not been something we've done well this year. SF doesn't play well from behind. We need to build an early lead and keep them from building a rythym offensively. Having a stronger OL for this game is huge, as the lack of a constant blitz could play to our favor if the OL plays like they are capable of.

pittstang5
01-17-2022, 06:20 AM
The Niners defense is beatable. Rodgers has to take the short stuff and keep the chains moving. If you try to go downfield all the time, then SF will get sacks and put you into undesirable situations. Their defense will be a little beat up as well. Jones should see a lot of usage in the passing game this week.

To me, the biggest key is getting out to a quick start...which has not been something we've done well this year. SF doesn't play well from behind. We need to build an early lead and keep them from building a rythym offensively. Having a stronger OL for this game is huge, as the lack of a constant blitz could play to our favor if the OL plays like they are capable of.

Agree, a quick start would be nice. I'll add to this. SF is going to want to grind the Packers D when they're on Offense to keep Rogers off the field. Runs and short passes. Packer D needs to win on third down and get off the damn field.

Packers Offense needs to do what SF is going to try to do - grind it out. Short passes, screens and run the damn ball. Heavy dose of Dillon and throw in some PA when the time is right. Put Dillon and Jones in at the same time to keep SF defense guessing.

King Friday
01-17-2022, 06:43 AM
Put Dillon and Jones in at the same time to keep SF defense guessing.

Yes. I've wanted this all year. Having both in prevents the defense from shading inside for Dillon or outside for Jones. It will force their LBs to defend both flats as well as the middle of the field. If the Packers don't take advantage of their dual threat at RB, it is a missed opportunity by MLF.

George Cumby
01-17-2022, 08:10 AM
Yes. I've wanted this all year. Having both in prevents the defense from shading inside for Dillon or outside for Jones. It will force their LBs to defend both flats as well as the middle of the field. If the Packers don't take advantage of their dual threat at RB, it is a missed opportunity by MLF.

With those two on the field and Adams outside, who does the D prioritize? I think this is really hard to defend.

call_me_ishmael
01-17-2022, 09:54 AM
Play Jones as Deebo, we have the better QB and Adams also so on paper we win. That’s what I would do. Agree to Jones and Dillon lining up at the same time. Gotta respect the thick boy and the speed.

bobblehead
01-17-2022, 09:55 AM
2 of the best 5 coaches in the league facing off. The only reason I fear SF is Shannahan. He knows what Friday said. Ball control, wear down the D and keep Rodgers freezing on the sideline is how you win games. Its strange teams try to do it another way when its worked for 50+ years. This game just comes down to who does it better.

The good news is, all things equal, who do you want trying to convert 3rd and 4, Rodgers or Jimmy G?

kcpackman
01-17-2022, 10:19 AM
Agree, a quick start would be nice. I'll add to this. SF is going to want to grind the Packers D when they're on Offense to keep Rogers off the field. Runs and short passes. Packer D needs to win on third down and get off the damn field.

Packers Offense needs to do what SF is going to try to do - grind it out. Short passes, screens and run the damn ball. Heavy dose of Dillon and throw in some PA when the time is right. Put Dillon and Jones in at the same time to keep SF defense guessing.

Exactly!

kcpackman
01-17-2022, 10:24 AM
Play Jones as Deebo, we have the better QB and Adams also so on paper we win. That’s what I would do. Agree to Jones and Dillon lining up at the same time. Gotta respect the thick boy and the speed.

There were a handful of times this season where the Packers did have Jones and Dillion in the backgfield together. They need to use that formation more in the playoffs. Oh yeah - agreed, play Jones like Deebo. Now - if we can just convince ML to do it.

MadtownPacker
01-17-2022, 11:05 AM
3rd and 4? Easy, Jimmy G because fukin Rodgers will try to throw it for 30. Which is the point. The Packers just need to be steady, they are better but the miners are riding a playoff high the past few weeks and the Rams and Cowboys game they just had were grinders. They also just wear the fuck out of the clock.

My thoughts, play their game the first half and let the game be tied. Getting a big lead early is not good in these type of games IMO. Because just like sugar it is sweet but layer you come crashing down trying to preserve the lead. Rip it open in the 3rd quarter and Jimmy will do stupid shit, even that tuff honkie Kittle fumbled!

kcpackman
01-17-2022, 11:21 AM
3rd and 4? Easy, Jimmy G because fukin Rodgers will try to throw it for 30. Which is the point. The Packers just need to be steady, they are better but the miners are riding a playoff high the past few weeks and the Rams and Cowboys game they just had were grinders. They also just wear the fuck out of the clock.

My thoughts, play their game the first half and let the game be tied. Getting a big lead early is not good in these type of games IMO. Because just like sugar it is sweet but layer you come crashing down trying to preserve the lead. Rip it open in the 3rd quarter and Jimmy will do stupid shit, even that tuff honkie Kittle fumbled!

I think they should get that big lead and then have the 2014 NFC Championship game lowlights playing in the locker room at halftime.

Fritz
01-17-2022, 11:38 AM
Here's a weird thought: with Bakh and Turner back, will Rodgers now go to "I'm going to look for something long" mode and fuck up the quick rhythm that has been so effective? That does seem to be his achilles' heel. He gets some time and he wants it all at once, but then he ends up finding nothing or getting sacked like Deputy Nutz.

Guiness
01-17-2022, 12:15 PM

If he's anything like his brother the baseline should be low enough that as long as he knows his name and can count to three (the last number is optional, 1-2 is probably enough) he'll clear protocols.

Guiness
01-17-2022, 12:24 PM

I think it's because you don't need both on the field for that. Jones is more than willing and able to run between the tackles, and Dillon has been catching balls in the flat to great effect. They likely think it's more important to rotate them and keep them fresh.

Guiness
01-17-2022, 12:31 PM

oh so true. Take my angry (down) vote cause you seem to relish your red ratputation.

Upnorth
01-17-2022, 01:34 PM
I think the 5.5 line will increase over the week as we get healthier and their injuries are out during practice.

Then it turns into a nail biter in the 4th nobody wantef

Sparkey
01-17-2022, 01:55 PM
My two worries:

RG is too aggressive and reckless on his rushes and gives up outside contain and Savage looking lost In space. !Danger Will Robinson!

King Friday
01-17-2022, 02:48 PM
I think it's because you don't need both on the field for that. Jones is more than willing and able to run between the tackles, and Dillon has been catching balls in the flat to great effect. They likely think it's more important to rotate them and keep them fresh.

In general, I agree with you. However, against a very strong defense, I would like to see both on the field...espc in the red zone or critical short yardage attempts. While Dillon is OK as a receiver, and Jones is OK as an interior runner, the point is that they are both much closer to elite at their strengths. I would rather have the ability to be elite at both options on the field together...that is what puts the pressure on the defense.

I don't want to see this every down. I'm looking for this kind of package 6-8 times a game when it will really help to spread the defense.

RashanGary
01-17-2022, 03:27 PM
SF is going to lean into their strengths. They’re not going to reinvent the wheel. It will be a mix of the run game and a lot of passes over the middle. Campbell, Savage, Amos and whoever plays nickel are going to be challenged inside. Gary and Preston are going to be challenged with the outside run game.

The Packers are also going to lean into their strengths. It’s going to be a lot of inside runs with a rhythm passing attack to help out the OL. They’re gonna try to get Davante involved.

We have a coin flips chance at advancing. And in that next game against Tampa, we have another coin flips chance. It’s gonna be edge of your seat theater. Hopefully this is our lucky year. Our team is as good as Tampa and SF. It just comes down to having a few things bounce our way and we get a magical championship season.

kcpackman
01-17-2022, 04:59 PM
Now let me try this on the correct thread.

Trey Lance will play in this game. Cause Shanahan will have looked at the Raven game tape. This is especially true now that it has been reveled that Jimmy G has a sprained throwing shoulder.

bobblehead
01-17-2022, 05:34 PM
Did anyone watch the opening Patriots drive where Micah Hyde made a great pick in the endzone to kill any momentum NE thought they were gaining? And if so, did anyone like me flashback and wonder why he couldn't catch the ball when Krapernick tossed it right into his hands?

HarveyWallbangers
01-17-2022, 05:43 PM
There will likely be some gnashing of teeth this week. San Fran seems to have had our number, and a lot of us are still smarting from the "Uh, Jerry Rice didn't actually catch that ball" in '98 through Colin Kaepernick running wild to two years ago and the Niners basically having their way with the Packers like a man playing against a bunch of seven-year-olds.

But in some ways I think this is similar to how we've all felt against Seattle. After that horrible 2014 season exit - that's right up there with the worst losses ever - to the replacement-refs-fail-mary debacle, people felt bushwhacked by the Seahawks. Then the Packers started beating them again, but even so, people were flinching like an abused dog when Seattle was the opponent. It took awhile for people to get over it and realize that the Packers were actually now beating the Hawks regularly - regular season, playoffs, everything.

So I think San Fran represents the same bogeyman, but the Packers have beaten them this year (without Bakhtiari, on the road) and the year before.

They know what they have to do: shut down that running game, limit Deebo Samuels, and on the offensive side, control the line of scrimmage.

Me, I am mightily comforted by having Devondre Campbell in the lineup for Green Bay. The dude tackles people so there is no YAC, and running plays go for three yards instead of eight. I also wonder if The Flower an Joe Barry have given any thought to giving TJ Slaton a few more snaps alongside Kenny Clark, to try to gum up that middle. But maybe they think Tyler Lancaster is up to the task.

Kenny Clark is rested, and he'll have to be a force in the middle. The corners are going to have to be willing and spirited tacklers. Barnes has to bring the wood. The Packers need to match the intensity of the Niners. If they do that, they'll win. None of this "Oh, we're playing for real now?" looks of surprise. Smack San Fran in the mouth, and keep smacking them in the mouth.

It wasn’t that Rice didn’t catch that ball. It was that Rice clearly fumbled after his only catch in the game. GB clearly recovered. Game should have been over. They had replay in 1989, but I don’t remember why that wasn’t reviewed. Did they do away with replay for a few years? I was at a Twin Cities bar, and my memory is foggy about that. I knew they’d lose as soon as the refs screwed that up.

Guiness
01-17-2022, 06:13 PM
It wasn’t that Rice didn’t catch that ball. It was that Rice clearly fumbled after his only catch in the game. GB clearly recovered. Game should have been over. They had replay in 1989, but I don’t remember why that wasn’t reviewed. Did they do away with replay for a few years? I was at a Twin Cities bar, and my memory is foggy about that. I knew they’d lose as soon as the refs screwed that up.

The '98 game always bothered me more than any other one, even more than 4th and 26. I think it's because it really was a case of not something the team did, but was out of their control. You could feel the air go out of the team after that, and it felt like the game was done even before Owens made that game winning catch for a TD.

Bretsky
01-17-2022, 07:12 PM
The '98 game always bothered me more than any other one, even more than 4th and 26. I think it's because it really was a case of not something the team did, but was out of their control. You could feel the air go out of the team after that, and it felt like the game was done even before Owens made that game winning catch for a TD.

The RICE FUMBLE was horrible; but it seemed to be your classic officials favorite the Superstars kind of call (See all those pass interference calls Michael Irvin got gifted vs. Green Bay) against the Packers.

I don' think there was replay at that point, or at least that year for sure.

That game was kind of scary. I was at a Packer Bar in California the day after watching the greatest and most enjoyable Badger game Ever. Was walking on water.

That game seemed in our hands the whole game, and I thought that was a team that could win a Super Bowl.

I was respectable, and not loud in cheering for the Packers in a supposed Packer Bar in California with my wife only.

After Owens caught that pass, a large ripped African American Dude got up, pointed at myself and my wife, and started yelling asking how it feels and telling us to get the hell out of California and go back to the freezing cold in Wisconsin. To my knowledge I did nothing to provoke that, and I definitely didn't say a word in talking back to him.

Overall still one of the most enjoyable weekends of my life; but what a downer of an ending.

Fritz
01-18-2022, 08:02 AM
My biggest fear is not really about whether Trey Lance gashes the Packers or whether Savage can step up his game, or any of those scheme/player/matchup things. My biggest fear has to do with the team's attitude coming out.

I'll probably never forget that Packer-Giant playoff game where the Packers came out flat as a pancake while the Giants were fired up and ready. They moved quicker, tackled harder, and were just ready to play. Green Bay looked shell-shocked.

If The Flower can have them come out of the gate hitting hard and tackling sure, they will win, whatever else happens.

George Cumby
01-18-2022, 11:00 AM
My two worries:

RG is too aggressive and reckless on his rushes and gives up outside contain and Savage looking lost In space. !Danger Will Robinson!

Earlier in the season, Gary was super disciplined in his rush. Time after time I'd see him stop his outside rush, start to break inside, stop again and hold outside contain.

He has gotten sloppy as the season has worn on. Is he trying to do too much? Does he feel like he has to cover up for someone else? Is it the absence of Ming? What gives?

George Cumby
01-18-2022, 11:14 AM
I'm now confident the Packers win.

The Packers are not the Cowboys.

MLF >>> Fat Mike

Rodgers >>>>>>>>>>> Prescott

Packers D > Cowboys D

The Cowboys played incredibly poorly and still had a chance to win it in the end.

So against the Niners:

MLF = Shanny, jr

Rodgers >>>>>>>>>>> Jimmy G

Packers D = Niners D [.3 difference in ppg, 16 yards in ypg]

Packers Run Game < Niners Run Game [by 16 yards a game, this could be a push]

If Packers reduce damage in the run game, and keep a lid on Kittle, put the ball in Jimmy G's hands, they win, handily.

Freak Out
01-18-2022, 11:19 AM
Stop the run stop the run stop the run.

Fritz
01-18-2022, 11:46 AM
The Cowboys had fourteen - fourteen! - penalties and still had a chance to win the game at the end.

San Fran can be had, should be had. If the Pack comes out and matches the San Fran intensity, the Pack will win.

George, I also wonder what happened to Gary's contain. He set the edge so well before but does seem to have gotten sucked inside on his rushes too many times, forgetting about the edge.

Maybe Z Smith has been giving him tips in practice or something . . .

Fosco33
01-18-2022, 12:04 PM
Lots of talking heads saying Niners will beat Pack.

I think it’ll be close but if we can keep Debo and Kittle under check and own the Oline - and avoid big/multiple ST mistakes we’ll win by 6.

Spaulding
01-18-2022, 03:36 PM
Packers roll in this one on the road to destiny. I think it will be 27 to 16 and Rodgers will extract revenge against the 49ers. Remember his prior losses to them were in San Fran and the energy and improving health of the team along with Thunder (Dillon) and Lightning (Jones) balancing the offense will negate the 49ers rush.

The only way the 49ers win is if they rattle Rodgers early. However I don't see our tackles losing the battle with their ends (Bosa be damned) and I don't believe the 49ers push enough up the middle to wreck the pocket.

The NFCC game next week though will be a battle regardless of whether its' the Bucs or the Rams.

Joemailman
01-18-2022, 04:36 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FJat8kQXwAw4f4P?format=jpg&name=900x900

RashanGary
01-18-2022, 05:40 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FJat8kQXwAw4f4P?format=jpg&name=900x900

Gotta love the injury report. Hardly anyone on it.

esoxx
01-18-2022, 07:53 PM
Let's not forget that in addition to the sprained shoulder, Jimmy G. also has has a fractured thumb on his throwing hand. Not exactly ideal for the niners.

Some speculation he may not even start this week. Big edge at the most important position on the field. Me likey.

https://www.acmepackingcompany.com/2022/1/18/22889881/san-francisco-49ers-jimmy-garoppolo-injury-update-start-green-bay-packers-trey-lance-nfl-playoffs

George Cumby
01-18-2022, 08:26 PM
I'll listen to the local SF station tomorrow. See what the local broadcasters have to say.

Joemailman
01-18-2022, 08:30 PM
Let's not forget that in addition to the sprained shoulder, Jimmy G. also has has a fractured thumb on his throwing hand. Not exactly ideal for the niners.

Some speculation he may not even start this week. Big edge at the most important position on the field. Me likey.

https://www.acmepackingcompany.com/2022/1/18/22889881/san-francisco-49ers-jimmy-garoppolo-injury-update-start-green-bay-packers-trey-lance-nfl-playoffs

Maybe. Could be 49ers want the Packers to have to prepare for 2 QB's with different skill sets.

Joemailman
01-18-2022, 08:31 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AguVBG1P1zc

Replay of 37 second drive to beat 49ers in September.

kcpackman
01-18-2022, 08:38 PM

I fear Trey Lance more than Jimmy G. You know how well the Packers defense plays against runny QBs - not well at all. Shades of Collin Kap.

kcpackman
01-18-2022, 08:47 PM
Maybe. Could be 49ers want the Packers to have to prepare for 2 QB's with different skill sets.

I would think so.

kcpackman
01-18-2022, 08:48 PM
Anyone concerned about Bak not practicing today? "Load Management?" He has not practiced since last Thursday.

esoxx
01-18-2022, 09:27 PM
I fear Trey Lance more than Jimmy G. You know how well the Packers defense plays against runny QBs - not well at all. Shades of Collin Kap.

Nah, bring on Trey Lance. Rookie in Lambeau facing Rodgers and the Pack. I like that match up.

esoxx
01-18-2022, 09:29 PM

Could be. But the fact remains he does have a fractured thumb on his throwing hand and a sprained right shoulder as well. He's damaged goods.

Packers in much better shape at the QB position.

MadtownPacker
01-18-2022, 09:52 PM
I fear Trey Lance more than Jimmy G. You know how well the Packers defense plays against runny QBs - not well at all. Shades of Collin Kap. My thoughts exactly. Jimmy is a known fuckup. Lance will probably come in and become famous against the fucking Packers. I can’t bet against Rodgers. He is due and sure he’s not gonna let these fuckers beat him at home.

scharpcheddar
01-18-2022, 10:41 PM
Stop wasting your breath. It's obvious SF has no chance

call_me_ishmael
01-19-2022, 09:16 AM
Anyone concerned about Bak not practicing today? "Load Management?" He has not practiced since last Thursday.

I totally agree it seems unusual. My guess is all of this talk about Z, Jaire, Bak, etc is overstated and in the case of Z and Jaire won't be big contributors, but more depth pieces. etc. Hope I'm wrong.

bobblehead
01-19-2022, 09:28 AM
With MVS and sullivan returning yesterday, are we missing anyone of significance besides Elgton?? And yes, I agree with CMI, they will all be rusty and on limited snaps, but getting them back in any capacity is a plus, and if we can beat SF their contributions will increase weekly.

Upnorth
01-19-2022, 09:51 AM
3 years in a row we have won out of the playoff bye. Or at least this will be the third year in a row.

Not concerned this weekend if we throw the dam ball.

Next week on the other hand...

Fritz
01-19-2022, 10:47 AM
Two things to hammer home to the team:

1. Bring it. Be physical.

2. Do your job. Just do your job. Don't undo the whole scheme by trying to make a splash play that takes you out of position. Just do your job.

These things happen, the Packers win.

Fosco33
01-19-2022, 11:10 AM
Niners worried about their special teams. Have they seen ours? Lol

https://www.ninersnation.com/2022/1/18/22889567/49ers-special-teams-shanahan-lambeau?_gl=1*1icv1sv*

Freak Out
01-19-2022, 11:37 AM
That is the one part of the equation that worries me....special teams. A missed extra point or FG...a botched punt return. Fuck.

Thirteen Below
01-19-2022, 12:21 PM
The Cowboys had fourteen - fourteen! - penalties and still had a chance to win the game at the end.

San Fran can be had, should be had. If the Pack comes out and matches the San Fran intensity, the Pack will win.

That's the way I'm looking at it, too. We deserve to be expected to win. There's a reason Vegas has Green Bay more heavily favored to win this weekend than any other team, by far - it's because they are just the substantially better team. San Francisco's a good team, too, but it still took a patented Mike McCarthy undisciplined playoff game and bonehead 4th quarter playcall to seal the deal against the Cowboys, a team that I don't think most Packer fans would have been too worried about playing next weekend if it had come to that.

By the 2nd round of the playoffs, there are no easy matchups left - every team you face at this point has either put together a dominant season (usually 11 wins or more) or they have already won a playoff game against a team with a better record. Every team still on the board is dangerous now. I won't lie - I'm nervous about this game like I am about any playoff game, but I'm not actually worried. If you want to be the champions you have to think like the champions, and Green Bay needs to go into this game confident that they are in command of the situation. If they do that, they should control this game.... and if they can't do that, then maybe Aikman was right and they weren't as good as we thought.

But I don't think that's the case. I think Green Bay is the best team in the NFL this year, and I think they're going to make that statement loud and clear Saturday night.

Fosco33
01-19-2022, 12:22 PM
Aikman’s view is interesting - the Niners primarily rushed 4 and were soft on Lamb.

https://twitter.com/jonmachota/status/1483810553940299777?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5 Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1483810553940299777%7Ctwgr% 5E%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fbleacherreport.com%2Farticle s%2F10024321-troy-aikman-rips-cowboys-game-plan-vs-49ers-after-ceedee-lamb-held-to-1-catch

Joemailman
01-19-2022, 12:34 PM
MLF said he expects Cobb to play. Bakhtiari will practice today and they will see how he responds. Did not get into specifics on Z and Jaire, but if they play, but acknowledged you don't just throw them in there full time as if they've been playing all along.

Joemailman
01-19-2022, 01:01 PM
Mike Spofford
@mikespofford

As promised by LaFleur, LT David Bakhtiari back at practice for #Packers on Wed.
Z. Smith, Mercilus, Alexander, Sullivan, Cobb all practicing in pads.
MVS, Keke not practicing.

Don't know what's up with Keke now. Wasn't on injury list yesterday.

Upnorth
01-19-2022, 01:05 PM
Aikman’s view is interesting - the Niners primarily rushed 4 and were soft on Lamb.

https://twitter.com/jonmachota/status/1483810553940299777?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5 Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1483810553940299777%7Ctwgr% 5E%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fbleacherreport.com%2Farticle s%2F10024321-troy-aikman-rips-cowboys-game-plan-vs-49ers-after-ceedee-lamb-held-to-1-catch

If they play Adams single coverage he will get 100+ hrs that secondary. With Cobb back and Lazard improving the only way we lose this is if Lafluer wants to meadure his rushing dick against sf.

Or our special teams....

Also is this jaires first practice back in pads???

Fritz
01-19-2022, 01:27 PM

Well, if San Fran approaches the Pack this way, this will be one of those times that it will be fortunate that Rodgers has so much control at the line of scrimmage. He trusts Adams, and he wants to throw to Adams. So if SF plays single coverage, Rodgers will find Adams, over and over again - unless San Fran has some lock-down corner who can stop every type of throw.

Joemailman
01-19-2022, 01:36 PM
If they play Adams single coverage he will get 100+ hrs that secondary. With Cobb back and Lazard improving the only way we lose this is if Lafluer wants to meadure his rushing dick against sf.

Or our special teams....

Also is this jaires first practice back in pads???

Jaire practiced the Friday before the Lions game. They didn't activate him because that was his only practice that week due to Covid.

Joemailman
01-19-2022, 01:41 PM
Well, if San Fran approaches the Pack this way, this will be one of those times that it will be fortunate that Rodgers has so much control at the line of scrimmage. He trusts Adams, and he wants to throw to Adams. So if SF plays single coverage, Rodgers will find Adams, over and over again - unless San Fran has some lock-down corner who can stop every type of throw.

First part of the game, Lamb was getting catches, but the plan was largely working because 49ers were getting pressure on Dak by rushing 4. It didn't work as well once Bosa got hurt. Don't know how they will approach things if Bosa can't go. 49ers don't like to blitz a lot, but they do like to run a lot of stunts.

Thirteen Below
01-19-2022, 02:01 PM

And he'll have Cobb back for quick-hitters over the middle. Cobb and Adams together will chew that soft coverage up and spit it out all over the field.

George Cumby
01-19-2022, 02:08 PM

The thought of SF running this against Rodgers/Adams gives me a rager.

As a total aside, I appreciated Aikman's self-effacing dig at himself.

Fosco33
01-19-2022, 02:09 PM
First part of the game, Lamb was getting catches, but the plan was largely working because 49ers were getting pressure on Dak by rushing 4. It didn't work as well once Bosa got hurt. Don't know how they will approach things if Bosa can't go. 49ers don't like to blitz a lot, but they do like to run a lot of stunts.

He caught one pass of 5 targets for 21 yards total in the game

George Cumby
01-19-2022, 02:10 PM
Listened to KNBR this am. The morning guys aren't kidding themselves. They give the Niners a chance, but aren't over-brimming with confidence.

Lots of talk on how Jimmy G is going to handle the cold AND the injuries. E.G: Jimmy G. is getting the start.

Again, stop the run, stop the run, stop Kittle, stop the run.

RashanGary
01-19-2022, 02:42 PM
The 49ers are coming off hard fought wins against the Rams and Cowboys. They’re hot. They can beat anyone.

The Packers get Bakhtiari back full time and get Z and Jaire back as part time players.

If we can win this game, our playmakers will be in game shape and ready for full time action against the Rams/Bucs. If we somehow win that game with some health luck, we should be the hottest team in the dance.

This could be our year. But first we need a good game at home against SF.

Go Pack Go.

RashanGary
01-19-2022, 02:48 PM
Alexander should play about 50% of the snaps. The 49ers line to play a TE and a FB quite a bit. That means we’ll see more than usual base defense.

Quite a few snaps I expect to see Jaire and Stokes as the only two corners.

In the cases where SF goes 3 WR, we’ll see nickel. I’m guessing we’ll see Jaire and Stokes outside with Rasul inside.

I wonder if Kevin King makes it on the field?

RashanGary
01-19-2022, 02:52 PM
Barnes will be on the field quite a bit with the 49ers going big more often. He’s a tough kid and really has some pop. Let’s hope we see more of him blowing up run plays and less of him looking lost in coverage.

RashanGary
01-19-2022, 03:14 PM
I would think if you have Stokes and Jaire on the field that you could play quite a bit of one high safety. Both Ja and Stokes have the speed to defend the deep sidelines. I think you can get away with some 8 man boxes and try to dare Jimmy G to beat you deep.

RashanGary
01-19-2022, 03:26 PM
Jordan Willis has a high ankle sprain. So SF will be without some of their DE depth.

Bosa will play though. Gonna need a plan to take on Bosa and Armstead. Running the ball will be key to slow down their pass rush and hopefully wear them down a little. The only problem is Bakhtiari will also wear down so it might be a horse a piece.

Joemailman
01-19-2022, 03:36 PM
Don't know what's up with Keke now. Wasn't on injury list yesterday.

Field Yates
@FieldYates

The Packers have waived DL Kingsley Keke.

That explains that.

Joemailman
01-19-2022, 03:38 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FJfr1SFXoAATeoe?format=jpg&name=large

RashanGary
01-19-2022, 03:43 PM
We’re back to being able to absorb some OL injuries.

Bakh
Runyan
Meyers
Patrick
Turner

Off the bench: Dennis Kelly, Royce Newman

On a different note, man it feels good to get Newman out of the lineup. He’s a promising rookie and I’m excited to see him in year 2, but you have to figure the OL will stabilize with him on the bench.

It’s too bad Jenkins didn’t stay healthy. Our OL would be a strength right now if Jenkins was here

Upnorth
01-19-2022, 03:50 PM
I dont remember bosa being a factor in Sept when we played. Was he injured then? If not our oline is better now than then soooo

Joemailman
01-19-2022, 03:59 PM

Bakh
Runyan
Meyers
Patrick
Turner

On a different note, man it feels good to get Newman out of the lineup. He’s a promising rookie and I’m excited to see him in year 2, but you have to figure the OL will stabilize with him on the bench.

It’s too bad Jenkins didn’t stay healthy. Our OL would be a strength right now if Jenkins was here

I don't know if it's a given that Turner replaces Kelly in starting lineup. Kelly has been pretty solid, and Turner hasn't had that much practice. Agree about Newman. 49ers like to stunt and Newman sometimes struggled with that, although he was better 2nd half of the year.

ThunderDan
01-19-2022, 04:04 PM
Keke was just released.

Joemailman
01-19-2022, 04:09 PM
I dont remember bosa being a factor in Sept when we played. Was he injured then? If not our oline is better now than then soooo

Bosa played 86% of snaps. He had 3 tackles, 1 assist, 1 TFL, 1 QB hit, 2 pressures. So he wasn't shut out, but didn't dominate either. That was Nijman's 1st start at LT.

esoxx
01-19-2022, 04:21 PM
The thing that concerns me the most in this game is Deebo Samuel. He is dangerous. They line him up all over including the backfield. He's a damn good runner in addition to a fine pass catcher. When he's lined up in the backfield he's going to get favorable match ups in coverage. Shanahan is a very smart game planner and I anticipate him using Deebo as a major weapon. He can wreck a game if you let him.

I just don't want to wake up on Sunday morning thinking, how the fuck didn't they figure out a way to contain that guy? They better have a plan.

Sparkey
01-19-2022, 04:28 PM
Kingsley Keke was released

HarveyWallbangers
01-19-2022, 04:31 PM

Bakh
Runyan
Meyers
Patrick
Turner

Add Yosh

Joemailman
01-19-2022, 05:48 PM
A little background information on the release of Keke:

Kingsley Keke, a third-year pro drafted in the fifth round, was placed on waivers Wednesday evening and could land with a new team Thursday if he is claimed.

He started eight games this year and was a regular in the team’s base 3-4 front much of the season. However, he was a surprise inactive against Cleveland on Dec. 25, then spent a week on the reserve COVID-19 list and hasn't played since.

At the time, Packers coach Matt LaFleur referred to his absence against the Browns as “a personal matter” but would not provide further details.

Asked about Keke a short time later, nose tackle Kenny Clark said he had a long discussion with his teammate but wouldn’t reveal what was said. Clark said he was confident that Keke would be a productive player from that point on.

The following week against Minnesota he didn’t play after landing on the COVID-19 reserve list and was listed as having an illness on the injury report the week of the Detroit game and was inactive against the Lions.

Showed flashes during his career, but was never someone you could count on for an extended period of time.

Thirteen Below
01-19-2022, 08:05 PM
A little background information on the release of Keke:

Showed flashes during his career, but was never someone you could count on for an extended period of time.

I guess some guys just had to step aside and make room for Bak, Jaire, etc. It's a good sign, really. The roster gets a little tougher to make now.

kcpackman
01-19-2022, 08:47 PM
I don't know if it's a given that Turner replaces Kelly in starting lineup. Kelly has been pretty solid, and Turner hasn't had that much practice. Agree about Newman. 49ers like to stunt and Newman sometimes struggled with that, although he was better 2nd half of the year.

I kinda feel the same way about Kelly - he has been playing well. But, I think Rodgers trust Turner more, so he will start. But if he struggles Kelly may be back in.

I suspect Yosh will also play to give Bak a breather.

Regardless - it does feel nice to have depth again.

kcpackman
01-19-2022, 10:56 PM
The thing that concerns me the most in this game is Deebo Samuel. He is dangerous. They line him up all over including the backfield. He's a damn good runner in addition to a fine pass catcher. When he's lined up in the backfield he's going to get favorable match ups in coverage. Shanahan is a very smart game planner and I anticipate him using Deebo as a major weapon. He can wreck a game if you let him.

I just don't want to wake up on Sunday morning thinking, how the fuck didn't they figure out a way to contain that guy? They better have a plan.

Agree completely!

scharpcheddar
01-20-2022, 01:34 AM
They'll win this game easy.
Then Rams come in and Stafford will suck as always ,in Green bay because GB knows him completely

RammerJammer
01-20-2022, 08:39 AM
Well first time poster, somewhat semi lurker.

I've been on other Packers forums. The general consensus that I get from fans is precaution.

I'm not going to lie, I'm worried ��. I'm worried the Packers are going to let us all down again. My biggest fear is the defense and special teams. The defense finished outside of the top 10 once again just like last season. Now I know we've had a lot of injuries but I still noticed based on the eye test that we weren't playing as aggressive down the stretch of the season as we were in the middle of the season. I just have a problem with the philosophical way that this team has played defense since the last Superbowl, a very finesse team that struggles everytime they go up against a physical smash mouth football team. The 49ers brand is being a physical smash mouth team. It's not a coincidence that in the Rodgers era we are 0-3 vs. them in the playoffs. Even looking back to last season I was worried about the Bucs because of how aggressive they were. I don't know how this game will play out and I honestly believe it's a tossup just like the cowboys/49ers game. Teams with D like ours barely win the whole thing.

The Packers will have to go through a hot 49ers team, possibly a rematch with The Bucs and possibly a hot KC team to win the SB. Can they do it? If course. Will they do it? I just don't know and it really scares me. I hate doubting my team but every worry I've had since the last Superbowl has been validated. Bad matchups, getting manhandled up front in the trenches, soft coverage, offense can't get going against elite D. I'm just worried. I'm also superstitious when it comes to football. AR is likely going to win MVP but when was the last time the MVP won a SB in the same season? It hasn't happened this century at all and has also become a curse. But I look back and see that number 4 won it and won the SB in the same year so maybe it's time Rodgers finally gets over that hump?

One thing keeping me from going off the edge completely is the key players coming back. I just hope it will be enough.

Sorry for the rambling I'm just really worried

Joemailman
01-20-2022, 12:34 PM
No MVS or Bakhtiari at practice today.

call_me_ishmael
01-20-2022, 01:13 PM
I agree the Rams are going to win. I am nervous about this game.

RashanGary
01-20-2022, 01:40 PM
No MVS or Bakhtiari at practice today.

Uh oh. Might be missing the big giraffe.

Joemailman
01-20-2022, 01:52 PM
MVS just said MVS will be listed as doubtful and Bakhriari as questionable. Turner good to go. Jaire will be questionable.

Joemailman
01-20-2022, 03:46 PM
Bill Huber
@BillHuberSI

The #Packers have activated Randall Cobb off IR. That gives them a 53-man roster. Adding Z. Smith and/or Mercilus would require an additional move(s).

Field Yates
@FieldYates

The Texans have claimed former Packers DL Kingsley Keke off of waivers. The move is deferred until after the Super Bowl.

If the Packers are going to activate Z and Mercilus, they're going to have to cut guys who have likely been playing special teams. It will be interesting to see how they handle this.

kcpackman
01-20-2022, 05:37 PM
If the Packers are going to activate Z and Mercilus, they're going to have to cut guys who have likely been playing special teams. It will be interesting to see how they handle this.

From the video I saw of Mercilus practicing, from my view - he could barely move his injured arm. I suspect he will not be activated this week. Z - more likely, but I have never thought he would make it back this year.

kcpackman
01-20-2022, 05:40 PM
Uh oh. Might be missing the big giraffe.

Clearly there is something not right with his knee. Can he play through it? How effective will he be? He did practice on game plan install day. Hell I just dont know. Getting Turner back seems more important than ever.

kcpackman
01-20-2022, 05:41 PM
What is the Packers offensive identity?

RashanGary
01-20-2022, 05:49 PM

Dillon/Jones, Adams and a sprinkle of everyone else.

Joemailman
01-20-2022, 05:54 PM

Get the ball to Adams.

kcpackman
01-20-2022, 06:21 PM
Dillon/Jones, Adams and a sprinkle of everyone else.

I am not sure have an identity, and that is a problem. I dont think they run the ball enough to say they are a running them, and I dont think they are consistent enough to say they are a passing team. I just dont see what they "go to" is.

kcpackman
01-20-2022, 06:22 PM
Get the ball to Adams.

And when a team triple teams him? Then what?

HarveyWallbangers
01-20-2022, 06:40 PM
And when a team triple teams him? Then what?

Still score 30 like they did against the Ravens when they tripled him.

Joemailman
01-20-2022, 06:49 PM
I am not sure have an identity, and that is a problem. I dont think they run the ball enough to say they are a running them, and I dont think they are consistent enough to say they are a passing team. I just dont see what they "go to" is.

I think the identity is to get the ball to Adams and force the opposition to react to that. If 49ers want to double Adams all day the way Baltimore did, then you may have to look elsewhere. MVS and the Packer TE's had big days when Baltimore did that. Packers may not have MVS, but Cobb being back is another option.

RashanGary
01-20-2022, 07:29 PM
Dillon and Jones are a part of the identity. Adams is the go to passing option, but we run the ball really well too.

RashanGary
01-20-2022, 07:31 PM
Not turning the ball over is part of the identity too.

kcpackman
01-20-2022, 08:52 PM
Dillon and Jones are a part of the identity. Adams is the go to passing option, but we run the ball really well too.

I agree that Dillon and Jones are part of that identity. I personally think they should have them both in the backfield at the same time, have 2 receivers and 1 TE (which with Lazard - it is actually like 2 TE). That would keep SFs defense guessing because they Packers could run or pass out of that set. They could run power in the middle (which I think they do really well - guards trapping etc.) - or run wide zone. They could set up screens to either Jones or Dillion. They could also set up some play action from that. Of course all of this depends on 1 person - Rodgers. He needs to buy into it and not want to play hero ball. I will be honest, I am not sure he is willing to do it. Long drives - wear SF defense out - dont let SF get the ball. Rodgers is a HOF QB - but he needs to decide if he want another ring, or wants to "be the hero" - in which case, the Packers will be one and done.

QBME
01-20-2022, 09:08 PM

And that is the beauty of it.

Put yourself in the 49ers D coordinator spot...what do we look out for, how do we scheme ... ???.

Who knows what the shadow knows???

BTW, where's Gramps, down here in Bears territory?

call_me_ishmael
01-20-2022, 09:23 PM
The identity and key to the offense is to use Aaron Jones as their Deebo Samual.

MadScientist
01-20-2022, 09:34 PM
I agree that Dillon and Jones are part of that identity. I personally think they should have them both in the backfield at the same time, have 2 receivers and 1 TE (which with Lazard - it is actually like 2 TE). That would keep SFs defense guessing because they Packers could run or pass out of that set. They could run power in the middle (which I think they do really well - guards trapping etc.) - or run wide zone. They could set up screens to either Jones or Dillion. They could also set up some play action from that. Of course all of this depends on 1 person - Rodgers. He needs to buy into it and not want to play hero ball. I will be honest, I am not sure he is willing to do it. Long drives - wear SF defense out - dont let SF get the ball. Rodgers is a HOF QB - but he needs to decide if he want another ring, or wants to "be the hero" - in which case, the Packers will be one and done.

Break that lineup out on a short yardage situation and then go no huddle.

Thirteen Below
01-21-2022, 02:17 AM

I think he wants more jewelry. I've watched almost every game the man has played (only missed 3 or 4 per season), and my strong impression is that he's playing differently this year than I have ever seen him play. There have been so many times this season (especially the last half) when I would have expected the old Rodgers to drop back and gun it, but he handed it off. There've been a lot of plays inside the 10 where it seemed like the old Rodgers would have audibled out of the run and thrown a short pass for a TD (I mean, plays where the defense was just begging him to throw the damned thing), and he didn't do it. I think he could have easily had 45 TDs this year, but it seems like he's a lot more disciplined about sticking with the game that MLF is calling.

Like I said, it's an impression, just a gut feeling... but he's also said a number of times that he's really enjoying the game a lot more this year, and I think he's all in on trying to do whatever helps the team win. I think we're seeing a diffefrent Rodgers this year, and I just hope we see a lot more of him over the next month.

Upnorth
01-21-2022, 05:43 AM
Our identity? Balanced play calling that mostly uses Zone blocking with rb talented at receiving as well to throw of their d. Out wide we have an ankle breaker who wins always then a leaky kitchen sink that win by play design.
Our rb threat is so very important to this team for play design, but ultimately (like most great teams) our qb is the difference maker.

kcpackman
01-21-2022, 08:54 AM
The identity and key to the offense is to use Aaron Jones as their Deebo Samual.

But that is NOT the Packers identity - the Packers have not really done that. This is what you/others hope the game plan for Saturday is, but is is not their identity.

RammerJammer
01-21-2022, 09:19 AM
I do wish The Packers were a much more heavy run team. We've ran the ball a lot more since the McCarthy days but it's still not enough. Probably because Aaron is our QB but still....

call_me_ishmael
01-21-2022, 10:10 AM
But that is NOT the Packers identity - the Packers have not really done that. This is what you/others hope the game plan for Saturday is, but is is not their identity.

Good point, yeah. I misread the question, thought it was asking what they need to do to win in the playoffs. My hunch is most teams are going to be unable to double Adams, cover the deep pass with MVS, and keep a defensive back covering Jones if they have Dillon in the backfield concurrently. So more than likely Jones is going to have a linebacker on him and as good as Fred Warner is I don't think he can keep up with Jonesy on a crossing route.

Joemailman
01-21-2022, 10:25 AM
I don't think the Packers have an easy to pinpoint offensive identity, and that is their strength. They want to get the ball to Adams as much as possible, yet they are 7-0 the last 3 years when Adams doesn't play. The original MLF offense incorporated a lot of motion and outside zone runs, but has evolved over the last 3 years to take advantage of the special talents of Rodgers, Adams and Jones.

George Cumby
01-21-2022, 11:11 AM
I don't think the Packers have an easy to pinpoint offensive identity, and that is their strength.

This.

They can kill multiple ways. Had Tonyan stayed healthy, holy moly.............

George Cumby
01-21-2022, 11:13 AM
my strong impression is that he's playing differently this year than I have ever seen him play. There have been so many times this season (especially the last half) when I would have expected the old Rodgers to drop back and gun it, but he handed it off. There've been a lot of plays inside the 10 where it seemed like the old Rodgers would have audibled out of the run and thrown a short pass for a TD (I mean, plays where the defense was just begging him to throw the damned thing), and he didn't do it. I think he could have easily had 45 TDs this year, but it seems like he's a lot more disciplined about sticking with the game that MLF is calling.

Like I said, it's an impression, just a gut feeling... but he's also said a number of times that he's really enjoying the game a lot more this year, and I think he's all in on trying to do whatever helps the team win. I think we're seeing a diffefrent Rodgers this year, and I just hope we see a lot more of him over the next month.

I've been spending games watching the interior line this season so I've not paid as close attention to 12 as in the past. If you are correct in this, then he learned from last year's NFCCG and has adapted to the situation he's currently in. And that is a good thing.

I really hope you are correct.

Thirteen Below
01-21-2022, 12:08 PM
I've been spending games watching the interior line this season so I've not paid as close attention to 12 as in the past. If you are correct in this, then he learned from last year's NFCCG and has adapted to the situation he's currently in. And that is a good thing.

I really hope you are correct.

I guess tomorrow is the day we find out, eh? I'm gettin' a little nervous here already.... :-(

Joemailman
01-21-2022, 12:31 PM
Field looks ready.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FJpTKEDX0AIZkVB?format=jpg&name=large

kcpackman
01-21-2022, 12:38 PM
From @Rapsheet Via Pat MacAfee - Bak not feeling good. He will work out pre-game and see if he can go. Oh-Oh

Joemailman
01-21-2022, 12:53 PM
Packers were 13-3 without Bakhtiari. I would rather have him, but it's not panic time if he can't go.

run pMc
01-21-2022, 01:18 PM
OL chaos has made them play more of the quick passing game, which Rodgers can do well. I think it would suit them well in this game too, with them very carefully picking their spots to attack with long passes down the left side to Davante. Do not want to see them chuck it deep on 3rd and 2 repeatedly because Bahk and Turner are back.

D needs to play disciplined vs. the run and tackle well. SF will kill you if you don't do either.
On O, stay ahead of the chains and be patient. SF has a good run defense so that will be tough sledding. Their corners aren't great, and they don't blitz much. Leads me to think SF will play the run well and rush with 4 with some kind of Cover 2 shell behind it that requires patience and methodical drives down the field to beat.

Oh, and win the turnover battle.

kcpackman
01-21-2022, 01:45 PM
Packers were 13-3 without Bakhtiari. I would rather have him, but it's not panic time if he can't go.

The one concern I have if he plays, was Rogers getting the ball out of his hands fast. He needs to do that regardless of who plays left tackle. Also, need to use Bosa's speed and tendency to rush against him.

Teamcheez1
01-21-2022, 01:50 PM
Jimmy G has never played in an NFL game 32 or below.

Joemailman
01-21-2022, 03:20 PM
Jason Wilde
@jasonjwilde

#Packers announce they’ve activated OLBs Whitney Mercilus and Za’Darius Smith from IR. They’ve released DT Jack Heflin and CB Isaac Yiadom to make room on the 53-man roster.

Wouldn't be surprised if they add Heflin back to PS.

call_me_ishmael
01-21-2022, 04:13 PM
Can you imagine busting ass all year and getting cut the day before the playoff game? Man that is a tough deal for Heflin and the other fellow.

HarveyWallbangers
01-21-2022, 04:52 PM

Coldest game for him that I could find was 40 degrees (with 13mph winds) at Baltimore in 2019. He did okay at 15 of 21 for 165 yards and 1 TD. San Fran scored just 17 points, but that was against a tough Ravens defense. SF ran 29 times and passed 23 times in that game.

kcpackman
01-21-2022, 05:05 PM

It is not Jimmy G I am worried about - it is Deebo, Kittle and Lance.

RashanGary
01-21-2022, 06:31 PM
Packers.com put out some cool hype videos this week. One with Rodgers narrating, and others with Adams and Lewis narrating.

These fuckers better not lose!

kcpackman
01-21-2022, 07:25 PM
Can anyone tell me how Z Smith and Whitney Mercilus will help stop the run? I do have a sneaking suspicion that Z will play more than what the pendants are thinking.

George Cumby
01-21-2022, 07:35 PM
Can anyone tell me how Z Smith and Whitney Mercilus will help stop the run? I do have a sneaking suspicion that Z will play more than what the pendants are thinking.

I think Mercilus is solid holding the edge. Z, not so much.

kcpackman
01-21-2022, 07:41 PM
I think Mercilus is solid holding the edge. Z, not so much.

I just have a feeling we will see Z inside more than out.

RashanGary
01-21-2022, 07:51 PM
I just have a feeling we will see Z inside more than out.

What’s your final weather prediction?

call_me_ishmael
01-21-2022, 09:49 PM
I do think there's a good chance Z plays more snaps than one would think with Keke gone. Maybe like 25? I agree they will mostly be inside.

HarveyWallbangers
01-21-2022, 11:08 PM
Can you imagine busting ass all year and getting cut the day before the playoff game? Man that is a tough deal for Heflin and the other fellow.

Hopefully, he'll go back to the practice squad. Dude has been a healthy inactive all year (17 defensive snaps on the year)

HarveyWallbangers
01-21-2022, 11:11 PM
Z won't play that many snaps. I expect around 20 snaps--like in week 1. Z and Mercilus will spell Gary and Preston on the outside--and then Z will get some pass rushing snaps on the inside. Mercilus is good setting the edge. Z is the worst of our four OLBs at it. Smith is really good. Gary had some bad moments, but he's mostly good. Z goes sack hunting.

kcpackman
01-22-2022, 12:14 AM
What’s your final weather prediction?

Temperatures around 10 degrees for the entire game. Feels like temperature around Zero for the entire game. Early morning snow will be long gone, and at most .5 inches, but it will add to the "Frozen Tundra" narrative. Most importantly - the 20-30 mph winds from earlier in the day will weaken rapidly just before game time and will be 5-10 mph during the game - but be closer to the 5mph as the game moves forward. Pretty good Packer weather - me thinks!

run pMc
01-22-2022, 10:24 AM

They'll probably sign both to the PS to have them in case of emergency or for ST. If either of them are playing meaningful snaps on D they are in trouble.

run pMc
01-22-2022, 10:25 AM
Temperatures around 10 degrees for the entire game. Feels like temperature around Zero for the entire game. Early morning snow will be long gone, and at most .5 inches, but it will add to the "Frozen Tundra" narrative. Most importantly - the 20-30 mph winds from earlier in the day will weaken rapidly just before game time and will be 5-10 mph during the game - but be closer to the 5mph as the game moves forward. Pretty good Packer weather - me thinks!

This looks like it will be an attempt by SF to repeat 2019 -- run all day and only allow Jimmy to throw 8 times.

RashanGary
01-22-2022, 11:23 AM
Light snow and medium winds right now. If kcpackman has a good weather prediction, the winds will subside and we’ll have good passing weather, something I think is advantage Green Bay.

Fosco33
01-22-2022, 12:02 PM
Very interesting schematic breakdown on run fits and Pack/Niners.

Min 11+ is a worth the watch

https://youtu.be/JjrJJzPnTVw

Upnorth
01-22-2022, 12:23 PM

Great video. Thanks for the share.

Freak Out
01-22-2022, 01:17 PM
Any word on who is in/out?

Freak Out
01-22-2022, 01:20 PM

The Redbreast is good juice.

esoxx
01-23-2022, 12:25 AM
They'll win this game easy.
Then Rams come in and Stafford will suck as always ,in Green bay because GB knows him completely

You're on a roll. You've got this NFL down pat.

Fosco33
01-23-2022, 10:47 AM
Lots of talking heads saying Niners will beat Pack.

I think it’ll be close but if we can keep Debo and Kittle under check and own the Oline - and avoid big/multiple ST mistakes we’ll win by 6.

Smh