PDA

View Full Version : The Official Divisional Round Packers - Niners Weather Thread

kcpackman
01-17-2022, 07:38 PM
Alright, now that we have a date and time, here is what my first look into the crystal ball says.

First a little background: At this time it looks like a cold front will be coming through Wisconsin during the day on Saturday. How fast it comes through will affect exactly what the temperatures will be during the game.

There could be a few light snow showers around now, but nothing significant.

Winds - most guidance indicates that wind will be 10-15 mph

Temperatures: Guidance varies but they all have temperatures in the teens (varying from the low - to upper) at the beginning of the game, dropping to anywhere between the lower teens to the low single digits by the end of the game.

Feels like temperatures: Again, guidance varies from the lower teens to upper single digits at the beginning of the game, dropping to the lower single digits above and below 0F during the game.

The cold front - it all depends on how fast that moves through the state. Latest trends are faster with the cold front than what it looked liked - even yesterday. The storm system associated with this cold front is still over the Pacific Ocean. Meaning - this is not an easy forecast.

Weather Rat

RashanGary
01-17-2022, 07:52 PM
I actually prefer lower winds. We pass the ball better and anything disadvantaging pass offense hurts Green Bay more than it hurts the run oriented 49ers.

kcpackman
01-17-2022, 08:05 PM
I actually prefer lower winds. We pass the ball better and anything disadvantaging pass offense hurts Green Bay more than it hurts the run oriented 49ers.

I agree completely. I dont think 15 mph will really affect the passing game. Also, at and near the cold front, the winds will be lighter, so there will be a 1 or 2 hour wind when the winds are lower. BUT - they may not be during the game. I will update as the week moves forward.

George Cumby
01-17-2022, 08:40 PM
I think Rodgers can handle 15 mph.

Joemailman
01-17-2022, 09:10 PM
I think Rodgers can handle 15 mph.

Better than Jimmy G who now has a shoulder injury to add to his thumb injury.

George Cumby
01-17-2022, 09:14 PM
Better than Jimmy G who now has a shoulder injury to add to his thumb injury.

I didn't see that. His throwing arm?

Joemailman
01-18-2022, 12:30 PM
I didn't see that. His throwing arm?

They're calling it a slightly sprained right shoulder. He is expected to practice this week.

Upnorth
01-18-2022, 12:53 PM
Any update on the 2 SF d players injuries?

Whoops this is for weather.

Yup. Kinda cold for us, fn cold for them. Advantage us

Thirteen Below
01-19-2022, 01:04 PM
They're calling it a slightly sprained right shoulder. He is expected to practice this week.

I read several articles online a little while ago, and the consensus is that he's limited in practice and that it affects his throwing motion on every throw, his velocity, and apparently his range. To the extent those things are even true, there's no way to know whether it's because the coaches are holding him back or the shoulder is. Apparently he is the one who acknowledges that it is affecting his throwing motion on every throw, though. So if it's a windy night, that may have an impact on him.

As of right now, Wunderground says 10 degrees with a 0 windchill at game time, winds about 10 mph. Temperature and windchill both dropping a few degrees as the game continues, and the wind dropping a few MPH also as it gets colder. It's gonna be a pretty damned cold night.

Fritz
01-19-2022, 01:30 PM
My scrotum shriveled up just reading that weather report.

Thirteen Below
01-19-2022, 01:56 PM
My scrotum shriveled up just reading that weather report.

It's damned near cold enough to make a man put pants on before going outside.

Freak Out
01-19-2022, 04:17 PM
Supposed to be a tad warmer now...25 or so at KO

Freak Out
01-19-2022, 04:17 PM
Two weather threads?

Joemailman
01-19-2022, 04:22 PM
I hope the Packers aren't focused too much on the weather. You need to be prepared for it, but there's no point obsessing over something you have no control over.

George Cumby
01-19-2022, 04:25 PM
I hope the Packers aren't focused too much on the weather. You need to be prepared for it, but there's no point obsessing over something you have no control over.

If they're focused on the weather, MLF isn't doing his job.

I think it's just us fans circle jerking.

Joemailman
01-19-2022, 04:38 PM
If they're focused on the weather, MLF isn't doing his job.

I think it's just us fans circle jerking.

Rodgers started talking about it a couple of weeks ago after the Viking game.

“Last year, we didn’t get that good Green Bay weather,” Rodgers said. “Tonight was one of those nights. We haven’t had a game like this in a while, temperature-wise. It’s just different. The whole feel of it. I feel like teams can break a little bit easier when it is this cold because there’s an excuse: the weather.”

Maybe a team like the Vikings having a bad season broke. But I don't think the 49ers will.

George Cumby
01-19-2022, 05:14 PM
Rodgers started talking about it a couple of weeks ago after the Viking game.

Maybe a team like the Vikings having a bad season broke. But I don't think the 49ers will.

Agreed. Niners are a tough minded team, except maybe Jimmy G.

Joemailman
01-19-2022, 05:46 PM
wrong thread

Thirteen Below
01-19-2022, 07:54 PM
Two weather threads?

Well... yeah... in case one of them is wrong. You know how it is with weather.

Upnorth
01-19-2022, 08:25 PM

I don't know how many days it takes to get to green Bay but we are going from -30 to -10 tomorrow in Saskatchewan. Hope it shows up.on Sunday there,

George Cumby
01-19-2022, 08:27 PM
I don't know how many days it takes to get to green Bay but we are going from -30 to -10 tomorrow in Saskatchewan. Hope it shows up.on Sunday there,

I love that shit. I spent two winters in Yellowstone. It was awesome when 15 F felt warm.

kcpackman
01-19-2022, 08:34 PM

One was "way too early" - That one can be deleted. I am new here - I am still learning the ropes , sorry for the 2 threads. RashanGary - please come and rescue me.

I will update the forecast tomorrow with some specifics. With that said - the aforementioned cold front, looks to be a bit weaker that previously advertised. Temperatures will still be cold - but not as cold as the Queens game. In reality - what the players really care about is what it will feel like to them. The feel like temperatures - around 10 at the beginning of the game - dropping to around 5 at the end of the game. Lets hope the cold front does not weaken further.

Thirteen Below
01-19-2022, 09:43 PM
One was "way too early" - That one can be deleted. I am new here - I am still learning the ropes , sorry for the 2 threads. RashanGary - please come and rescue me.

I will update the forecast tomorrow with some specifics. With that said - the aforementioned cold front, looks to be a bit weaker that previously advertised. Temperatures will still be cold - but not as cold as the Queens game. In reality - what the players really care about is what it will feel like to them. The feel like temperatures - around 10 at the beginning of the game - dropping to around 5 at the end of the game. Lets hope the cold front does not weaken further.

And it still has 72 hours to swing back the other way, too, so we'll probably have a bit of a roller coaster for the next few days. I think we can be pretty confidemt that it will be pretty damned cold, and we'll just have to wait until Friday or so before we get a sold idea of how cold.

King Friday
01-20-2022, 10:00 AM
The wind will be more of a factor than the cold. I don't think the Packers would want a bunch of wind. The temps will be chilly regardless, and footing should grant an advantage to Green Bay who plays in these conditions far more often.

Joemailman
01-20-2022, 02:43 PM
Wind might not be that much of a factor. Winds W 10-20 MPH during the day. WNW 5-10 at night. Guess it depends how early they start to diminish.

Joemailman
01-20-2022, 06:13 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FJk22BtXoAM6Ei_?format=jpg&name=small

Upnorth
01-21-2022, 05:47 AM
No idea how much wind chill gets to the field but when I do chores at those temps I bundle up if there is a wind.