PDA

View Full Version : Who Should Start the Playoff GameDay Thread(s)?

Anti-Polar Bear
01-18-2022, 03:31 AM
Typically, upon a loss, a GameDay thread starter is eliminated from starting another GameDay thread til the next season. Also, if, for whatever reason, a reigning GameDay thread winner fails to start the GameDay thread for the following game, she's, too, eliminated. Therefore, Mailman, Cumby, Fritz, Bretsky and Tank Elf Duke are all ineligible to start GameDay threads this season.

The last time the Packers won the Super Bowl, we were "young and full of life and full of love." Ultimately, Madtown has final say over whether or not it would be a-OK for an eliminated poster to start the playoff GameDay thread(s). But desperate times call for desperate measures, yo. Perhaps exceptions could be made. Packers desperately need to win a fucking ring for the Majestic Polar Bear.

Who should start the playoff GameDay thread(s)? Poll closes Friday at 4:39 AM.

Anti-Polar Bear
01-18-2022, 05:56 AM
Forgot to include the Housewives' Gigolo, Mailman. Please use "other" to vote for the Mailman.

Fritz
01-18-2022, 08:51 AM
Friends,

I'm afraid I must be counted out here. While I dispute Tank's characterization of my losing of the threads as due to being tardy (I was banned and so had stopped checking Packerrats for a while), the real issue is much bigger.

My wife has stage four pancreatic cancer. She has been battling this bravely for seven-plus years, and we have tried everything. Everything. Chemo, radiation, all manner of clinical trials. Baltimore, Houston, Grand Rapids, MI. The cancer metastasized to my wife's lungs in late 2017. We hoped that we could keep the cancer contained long enough for some damn researcher somewhere to come up with a solution that could at least keep it from growing and spreading.

We found out Sunday afternoon that the cancer has spread. Right now I only want to be sitting next to her, no matter where she is. So come Saturday morning, I don't know if I'll be available. Thus I have to bow out from consideration as the thread-starter.

I met my wife in late 2010. From a football standpoint, you all know how significant that is. I turned my wife into a Packer fan that year, and I am hoping Green Bay will give us the gift of one more Super Bowl championship to celebrate together.

Anti-Polar Bear
01-18-2022, 09:31 AM
Sorry to hear about your wife, Fritz. Yeah, hopefully the Packers win the Bowl. But if not, there are more significant matters in life than football (even though anything less than a SB victory is gonna depress the shit outta me).

RashanGary
01-18-2022, 09:37 AM
I hope we win one for you and your brave wife, fritz. I’ll think of you guys when we win it!

SudsMcBucky
01-18-2022, 09:52 AM
Oh man, Fritz. So sorry to hear that. Prayers for her and you!

call_me_ishmael
01-18-2022, 09:57 AM
Super sorry to hear that Fritz. Hang in there and support her.

Upnorth
01-18-2022, 10:07 AM
That is one strong woman.

Spaulding
01-18-2022, 10:12 AM
Thoughts are with you and your wife Fritz. Simply put, cancer sucks the life out of everyone associated with it. Hoping for a medical miracle and a Packers Super Bowl for the both of you.

Fritz
01-18-2022, 10:52 AM
Thank you, all of you. It means a lot, though we are a virtual community we are a community nonetheless. I am so blessed to have had the time I have with her, and I talk about you guys with her sometimes. She gets a kick out of the weirdness here.

But since I am out, who starts the thread? George Cumby? Bretsky, for old times' sake?

Who's gonna bring it home?

George Cumby
01-18-2022, 10:53 AM
Words fail, Fritz. Godspeed to you and your wife.

I am so sorry.

call_me_ishmael
01-18-2022, 10:58 AM
Who else could it be but Bretsky? He was born for this.

https://c.tenor.com/eB0jy4o2WjgAAAAd/hulk-smash.gif

Freak Out
01-18-2022, 11:05 AM
Friends,

I'm afraid I must be counted out here. While I dispute Tank's characterization of my losing of the threads as due to being tardy (I was banned and so had stopped checking Packerrats for a while), the real issue is much bigger.

My wife has stage four pancreatic cancer. She has been battling this bravely for seven-plus years, and we have tried everything. Everything. Chemo, radiation, all manner of clinical trials. Baltimore, Houston, Grand Rapids, MI. The cancer metastasized to my wife's lungs in late 2017. We hoped that we could keep the cancer contained long enough for some damn researcher somewhere to come up with a solution that could at least keep it from growing and spreading.

We found out Sunday afternoon that the cancer has spread. Right now I only want to be sitting next to her, no matter where she is. So come Saturday morning, I don't know if I'll be available. Thus I have to bow out from consideration as the thread-starter.

I met my wife in late 2010. From a football standpoint, you all know how significant that is. I turned my wife into a Packer fan that year, and I am hoping Green Bay will give us the gift of one more Super Bowl championship to celebrate together.

Much love to you both Fritz.

Bretsky
01-18-2022, 12:34 PM
SO SORRY to hear this Fritz. Best wishes and love to your family

I have been channeling all of my negative energy to bring back the Whammy in case it's me.

BTW, WHAT IS AROD's playoff record versus the San Francisco 49ers ??????????????????????????

Joemailman
01-18-2022, 12:48 PM
SO SORRY to hear this Fritz. Best wishes and love to your family

I have been channeling all of my negative energy to bring back the Whammy in case it's me.

BTW, WHAT IS AROD's playoff record versus the San Francisco 49ers ??????????????????????????Packers are 0-3 in playoffs vs 49ers when Aaron Rodgers plays. They are 4-1 when somebody else starts. Therefore, Jordan Love should start.

Upnorth
01-18-2022, 12:51 PM
So bretsky starts the thread and should also start the game. Get sacked and have arod win it all for us

Sparkey
01-18-2022, 01:32 PM
Friends,

Sending Hope, Love and Prayers ...................

Sparkey
01-18-2022, 01:35 PM
I voted other .......... concretely

MadtownPacker
01-18-2022, 02:33 PM
Fritz really sorry to hear that man. That’s what my dad passed away from. Enjoy the time you have no matter what the amount is. I am worried about the Niners but it looks like Rodgers is due to finally beat him so this is going to be it.

For Mrs. Fritz!! :pack::pack:

MadtownPacker
01-18-2022, 02:36 PM
Fritz fuck the rules you fuckers do what you want anyways. How about you just start the thread today or whenever and I will freeze it and unlock it that morning? A chance at redemption for the thread starting.

esoxx
01-18-2022, 04:44 PM
Sorry to hear this Fritz. Wishing you both ongoing strength and peace.

MadScientist
01-18-2022, 06:01 PM
Sorry to hear that Fritz. Cancer sucks.

Freak Out
01-18-2022, 06:47 PM
I think Rastak should. lol

Joemailman
01-18-2022, 06:52 PM
I think Rastak should. lol

I'll clear it with Tex.

th87
01-18-2022, 06:57 PM
Wishing you and your family the best, Fritz. I'm so sorry.

George Cumby
01-18-2022, 08:26 PM
I'll clear it with Tex.

Hahahahahahaha.

Freak Out
01-20-2022, 10:48 AM
Lose In Divisional Round: It has to be one of these folks.
kcpackman, MadScientist, Massive J, Tony Oday

Upnorth
01-20-2022, 11:32 AM
Based on weather and historic name perhaps 13below?

Thirteen Below
01-21-2022, 02:48 AM
Packers are 0-3 in playoffs vs 49ers when Aaron Rodgers plays. They are 4-1 when somebody else starts. Therefore, Jordan Love should start.

They're 2-0 in the postseaon when playing in Milwaukee, so I say we move the game and get Love ready to go. So, let's see.... 4-1 times 2-0.... that's, like, 8-0, right?

I'm going to get on the phone first thing in the morning. I am, after all, a member of the ownership group.

red
01-21-2022, 07:58 AM
Friends,

so sorry fritz

Fritz
01-21-2022, 08:55 AM
so sorry fritz

Thanks, Red. I appreciate that.

And thanks, everybody.

Best thing anyone on this board can do to help is to figure out who's starting the thread, and that person bringing home a "W" on Saturday.

call_me_ishmael
01-21-2022, 10:29 AM
Alright Bretsky, do yo thang. With great power, comes great responsibility. Bring homie the whammie part 2.

Bretsky
01-21-2022, 11:08 AM
Alright Bretsky, do yo thang. With great power, comes great responsibility. Bring homie the whammie part 2.

WILL DO

I will be posting the thread shortly after midnight tonight. I've always waited til Game Day to do these.

George Cumby
01-21-2022, 11:15 AM
WILL DO

I will be posting the thread shortly after midnight tonight. I've always waited til Game Day to do these.

Bring it home, Brah.

Anti-Polar Bear
01-21-2022, 11:53 AM
I voted other .......... concretely

So one vote for the Girl In Red, red.

Unless Madtown objects, looks like the GameDay honor is Bretsky’s. :)

ThunderDan
01-21-2022, 03:35 PM
You guys are going to fuck this all up! There doesn't need to be a poll.

It's the first person who starts the thread tomorrow that hasn't started a Game Day thread and had a loss.

esoxx
01-22-2022, 11:30 AM

It's the first person who starts the thread tomorrow that hasn't started a Game Day thread and had a loss.

If what you say is true, then Bretsky is ineligible to start another Game Day thread this season as he lost to the Vikings in November. The Vikings!

However, I think Mad issued a waiver so it's all good. I think.

These are troubling and dangerous times here at Packer Rats :lol:

Joemailman
01-22-2022, 11:43 AM
Fortune favors the brave.

bobblehead
01-22-2022, 12:50 PM
Friends,

Fritz, I am so sorry to hear that. I recently lost 2 people close to me to pancreatic cancer; it's simply not fair. I hope things go as well as can be hoped for, and although I'm an agnostic I'll pray for her (its only hypocritical if you're an atheist)

bobblehead
01-22-2022, 12:52 PM
For Mrs. Fritz!! :pack::pack:

I think this should be the rallying cry for the 2022 playoffs.

Freak Out
01-22-2022, 01:16 PM
What happened to Patler?

Fritz
01-22-2022, 01:57 PM
What happened to Patler?

He's been gone for some time. He posted once or twice last year, I think, but since then, nothing.

A real loss for Packerrats.

Joemailman
01-23-2022, 12:28 AM

Did we anger the Game Day Thread Gods?

red
01-23-2022, 01:18 AM
nice job dickhead

Freak Out
01-23-2022, 10:51 AM
Ha ha ha!

Bretsky
01-23-2022, 01:26 PM
nice job dickhead

Yes, I have suspended myself from Playoff Game Day Threads til further notice

My performance yesterday was about as bad as your Fantasy Football Drafts :))