01-26-2022, 06:51 PM
MAKE YOUR PREDICTION RATS; GO ON RECORD

jklowan
01-26-2022, 06:52 PM
I'll guess Cleveland

Bretsky
01-26-2022, 06:53 PM
Might as well Place make our predictions

Should I start one for Adams too or like me do you assume they are almost a package ???

Bretsky
01-26-2022, 06:54 PM
I'll guess Cleveland

THANK YOU; BONUS BRAGGING RIGHTS IF YOU SAY ELSEWHERE AND THEN PICK THE TEAM

jklowan
01-26-2022, 06:54 PM
I think Adams ends up a Charger

Bretsky
01-26-2022, 06:57 PM
I think Adams ends up a Charger

Herberts numbers would blow up

Adams and Allan and Williams would be an incredible group of 3

I keep thinking they are going to franchise Adams

Joemailman
01-26-2022, 07:07 PM
I think Hackett gets the Denver job. Denver it is.

Upnorth
01-26-2022, 07:13 PM
Right now I kinda don't care. What stage of grief is apathy????

And if trade I say jags. Spiteful bitch I am.

For the record I voted he stays but hedged with a trade. The trade I predicted would likely make him retire.

So I guess I'm playing the odds and splitting my bet all three ways. I'm as decisive as McCarthy at a burger joint.
Why have only 1!

Freak Out
01-26-2022, 07:16 PM
I think if he goes it's to a dome or a warmer weather team.

Joemailman
01-26-2022, 07:19 PM
Right now I kinda don't care. What stage of grief is apathy????

The last stage is acceptance. You're almost there.

Bretsky
01-26-2022, 07:49 PM
I thought this would be a 50/50 poll so we can all blame each other and/or take credit for being right :))

MadScientist
01-26-2022, 09:15 PM
I think the Packers will break down and agree to rub Aaron's balls while fellating him this year so he will stay. The Packers will win the division again, and loose in the first round again.

call_me_ishmael
01-26-2022, 09:18 PM
GB, Indy, Denver in that order. I view Indy as much closer to the SB than Denver. MUCH closer. I think the hypothetical trade package will be much smaller than people think. I think R2 this year, R1 next year at the most.

King Friday
01-26-2022, 09:22 PM
He's going to be playing for the Packers IMO. He hindered his trade value a bit this postseason. A new place will be a lot of work for Rodgers. I'm not sure he's really up for that. He's already won the war and is balls deep into Gute at this point. As long as the front office is truly backing a full court press to keep him, then I think they get it done and sign us up for cap hell in 2025.

King Friday
01-26-2022, 09:23 PM
GB, Indy, Denver in that order. I view Indy as much closer to the SB than Denver. MUCH closer. I think the hypothetical trade package will be much smaller than people think. I think R2 this year, R1 next year at the most.

I agree with Indy over either Denver or Cleveland. If he hates the cold in Green Bay, it won't get much better in Denver or Cleveland.

HowardRoark
01-26-2022, 10:04 PM
GB. He does a Brady Deal to keep his friends close by - but he won’t show up for anything until training camp (and maybe wander in whenever the spirit moves him); that’ll be part of the deal.

Bretsky
01-26-2022, 10:12 PM

Didn't Stafford get two 1sts ?

Indy had minimal draft capital; they have no first this year.

IF they do make a deal I want a good WR back as well as a load of picks.

Freak Out
01-26-2022, 10:24 PM
Lots of cock and balls in this thread.

Freak Out
01-26-2022, 10:25 PM
Yo Howie.

call_me_ishmael
01-26-2022, 11:13 PM
GB. He does a Brady Deal to keep his friends close by - but he won’t show up for anything until training camp (and maybe wander in whenever the spirit moves him); that’ll be part of the deal.

Howard! And yes, I sort of agree with this. Kinda think the whole song-and-dance this year was half legit half wanting a longer off-season.

call_me_ishmael
01-26-2022, 11:15 PM
Didn't Stafford get two 1sts ?

Indy had minimal draft capital; they have no first this year.

IF they do make a deal I want a good WR back as well as a load of picks.

He did, but Stafford is 4 years younger and Rams gonna Rams.

NewsBruin
01-26-2022, 11:31 PM
I think Hackett gets the Denver job. Denver it is.

That's what I'm thinking. Good young RB, a number of above-average WRs/TEs, 6th-lowest 2022 cap, 5 picks in 1st 3 rounds (1/2/2), and it's AFC.

George Cumby
01-26-2022, 11:59 PM
I want to see him traded for a King's Ransom, but I think Gutey blinks and takes the easy way out.

King Friday
01-27-2022, 07:10 AM
I want to see him traded for a King's Ransom, but I think Gutey blinks and takes the easy way out.

I think Gute may blink because there will be no king's ransom. There just aren't enough teams that Rodgers would want to go to who also have the cap space and assets to trade. To me, the front office unity about wanting to keep Rodgers is more about trying to maximize value if it comes to the point they need to move him. If Denver is the only team making a push for him, the only way to have a competing bid is for the Packers to make it seem they want to keep Rodgers and that Denver would have to provide a crazy good package to convince them to trade him.

Joemailman
01-27-2022, 08:55 AM
I thought this would be a 50/50 poll so we can all blame each other and/or take credit for being right :))

Right now it is.

texaspackerbacker
01-27-2022, 09:21 AM
Of course he's gonna stay in Green Bay. Interesting to see who the dumbasses and haters are who think otherwise. Bretsky, you shoulda maybe put a second choice too. I'm about 97% certain he stays here, but the other 3% wouldn't be another team. It would be retire.

George Cumby
01-27-2022, 10:22 AM
I think Gute may blink because there will be no king's ransom. There just aren't enough teams that Rodgers would want to go to who also have the cap space and assets to trade. To me, the front office unity about wanting to keep Rodgers is more about trying to maximize value if it comes to the point they need to move him. If Denver is the only team making a push for him, the only way to have a competing bid is for the Packers to make it seem they want to keep Rodgers and that Denver would have to provide a crazy good package to convince them to trade him.

Good points, all.

Spaulding
01-27-2022, 12:18 PM
Of course he's gonna stay in Green Bay. Interesting to see who the dumbasses and haters are who think otherwise. Bretsky, you shoulda maybe put a second choice too. I'm about 97% certain he stays here, but the other 3% wouldn't be another team. It would be retire.

For the record I voted for elsewhere. I'm not a hater just a fan who cheers for the organization regardless of whose wearing the uniforms. I've been through the 70's and 80's (child abuse basically given I couldn't yet drink to dull the pain) and have seen many favorite players come and go. As much as Rodgers has meant to the organization, for whatever reason (supporting cast, untimely injuries, bad game plans, his own less than superman play in the playoffs, etc.) the team seems to have hit a wall.

I don't see that changing unfortunately, especially, even less likely given the cap situation and so lean towards a fresh start for everyone. I'd love to see Rodgers win another owl with the Packers and ride off into the sunset as a Packer but the reality of the that are slim to none. My optimism for each postseason has dwindled after all the crushing defeats.

It's a house of cards these days it seems. 2022 with or without Rodgers is likely the year the win knocks them down. Simply put, we will NOT be better positioned this year than we were in 2021 when the stars aligned for us with home field advantage, returning players and a defense that was worthy of our offense.

Thirteen Below
01-27-2022, 01:29 PM

And honestly, every time I go down the list - and no matter which direction I look at it from - Denver is always the team that makes the most sense. Maybe the only team that really makes sense, when you consider that it sounds like one of the few teams Rodgers would be willing to go to. His apparent willingness to retire and his stated preference for a Western team really limits the scenarios.

Edit: I think some people might be voting for what they hope will happen, rather than what they think will happen, which to be honest is probably a factor to at least some degree for all of us. I tried to vote purely on the basis of what I expect to happen. I'd much rather trade him to Denver, but I don't think it's going to turn out that way. And I think we'll be paying for that for most of the rest of this decade.

SudsMcBucky
01-27-2022, 01:52 PM
I have said all along I thought, and still think, this was Aarod's last go 'round with the Pack. I think he only agreed to come back this year with the restructure and us agreeing to lop 1 of those years off. Then his "last dance" BS. All of his little comments along the way. Just putting all the pieces together, it sure seems to me Aarod and the Pack FO agreed prior to the season they would part ways after this year. That's just my gut feeling, though.

Thirteen Below
01-27-2022, 02:21 PM
I have said all along I thought, and still think, this was Aarod's last go 'round with the Pack. I think he only agreed to come back this year with the restructure and us agreeing to lop 1 of those years off. Then his "last dance" BS. All of his little comments along the way. Just putting all the pieces together, it sure seems to me Aarod and the Pack FO agreed prior to the season they would part ways after this year. That's just my gut feeling, though.

Interesting point. Well, if the front office hadn't thought of that, they're probably sure wishing they had.

texaspackerbacker
01-27-2022, 04:41 PM
You look at who is voting that Rodgers stays, and you've got in almost all cases, the posters who write solid intelligent stuff. You look at those who say he goes, and you've got a cross section of the haters and dumbasses (ok, maybe with a couple of exceptions hahaha) who chronically post idiotic shit.

jklowan
01-27-2022, 05:30 PM
You look at who is voting that Rodgers stays, and you've got in almost all cases, the posters who write solid intelligent stuff. You look at those who say he goes, and you've got a cross section of the haters and dumbasses (ok, maybe with a couple of exceptions hahaha) who chronically post idiotic shit.

So you voted he's leaving?

Rastak
01-27-2022, 06:07 PM
So you voted he's leaving?

:-)

kcpackman
01-27-2022, 06:24 PM
He will be in Green Bay, because he is not really sure he will have the "influence" anywhere else than he now has in GB. Sure Hackett game give him full control of the offense scheme (note - he would be a fool to do that) but, Rodgers has Gutt's ear now, will he have that in Denver, especially with the GM and whoever buys the team?

Also - people wonder if it possible for the Packers to keep Steno and Getsy - yes. Getsy become assistant head coach in charge of offense and Steno become the O-coordinator. Will that happen, I dont know but it sure can.

Tony Oday
01-28-2022, 08:19 AM
Him, DA, Mike Williams, Super Bowl in GB

Joemailman
01-28-2022, 09:01 AM
He will be in Green Bay, because he is not really sure he will have the "influence" anywhere else than he now has in GB. Sure Hackett game give him full control of the offense scheme (note - he would be a fool to do that) but, Rodgers has Gutt's ear now, will he have that in Denver, especially with the GM and whoever buys the team?

Also - people wonder if it possible for the Packers to keep Steno and Getsy - yes. Getsy become assistant head coach in charge of offense and Steno become the O-coordinator. Will that happen, I dont know but it sure can.

Those 2 positions kind of sound like the same thing.

Bossman641
01-28-2022, 10:04 AM
I think he'll be back. I believe the comments from MLF/Gute are legit and they'll do what they can to get him back. I don't necessarily want it to happen because I think the team will be worse next year and we'll be mortgaging our future, but that's how I ultimately see things going down.

George Cumby
01-28-2022, 11:41 AM
I think he'll be back. I believe the comments from MLF/Gute are legit and they'll do what they can to get him back. I don't necessarily want it to happen because I think the team will be worse next year and we'll be mortgaging our future, but that's how I ultimately see things going down.

I agree that he's probably back.

My fool's hope is that he realizes the best way to win and not be part of a rebuild is to radically change his contract numbers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0S_MebzyzQ

Freak Out
01-28-2022, 11:54 AM
Him, DA, Mike Williams, Super Bowl in GB

I was all in on an OBJ pickup as I think it would have really helped in the playoffs. Many don't like his....attitude? He's still a stud though.

oldbutnotdeadyet
01-28-2022, 12:00 PM
Whatever Rodgers decides, JUST DO IT. Me? I am excited about the potential to start afresh with a shitcan of Denver picks...

King Friday
01-28-2022, 06:42 PM
I'm not really worried either way. Rodgers has had a great run in Green Bay. If he moves on or retires, we have capable depth to rebuild quickly. If Rodgers stays, then we have another couple years near the top of the NFC before a complete rebuild comes our way.

Either way, I think the leadership of the team does a lot of things right and can weather whatever comes their way.

I'm also kind of shocked that no one has chosen retirement yet.

call_me_ishmael
01-28-2022, 10:20 PM
I was all in on an OBJ pickup as I think it would have really helped in the playoffs. Many don't like his....attitude? He's still a stud though.

Would have been really nice to not have the JV squad out there running routes. Though if the niners can get such great pressure with 4 and have fast linebackers, what can you do? Not sure he would have helped.

That said - if you're going to go for it, go for it IMO.

MadScientist
01-29-2022, 04:46 PM
Would have been really nice to not have the JV squad out there running routes. Though if the niners can get such great pressure with 4 and have fast linebackers, what can you do? Not sure he would have helped.

That said - if you're going to go for it, go for it IMO.

He wouldn't have helped much if Rodgers didn't bother looking for him. Lazard was wide open and ignored on more than just the last play. OBJ would not have been more wide open.

call_me_ishmael
01-29-2022, 07:35 PM
I’d really like to see the All-22. It’s easy to take a screenshot and say these peeps are open. Also it wouldn’t surprise me if they’re were. But I have no idea what the coverage looked like for much of the game or where the pressure was, etc.

Joemailman
01-29-2022, 07:55 PM
I’d really like to see the All-22. It’s easy to take a screenshot and say these peeps are open. Also it wouldn’t surprise me if they’re were. But I have no idea what the coverage looked like for much of the game or where the pressure was, etc.

On the last pass to Adams, it was obvious before he threw the ball that there was double coverage on Adams. As he is going into his throwing motion, Lazard is not yet open. But Rodgers is under no pressure so he doesn't need to throw it that early. If he waits a second, or less, he sees Lazard breaking open.

https://twitter.com/BenFennell_NFL/status/1485261036404027393

MadScientist
01-29-2022, 08:06 PM

Not all-22, but this article has full clips and coverage discussions.
https://www.acmepackingcompany.com/2022/1/28/22906929/packers-film-room-aaron-rodgers-saves-his-worst-performance-for-possibly-his-last

call_me_ishmael
01-29-2022, 08:07 PM
On the last pass to Adams, it was obvious before he threw the ball that there was double coverage on Adams. As he is going into his throwing motion, Lazard is not yet open. But Rodgers is under no pressure so he doesn't need to throw it that early. If he waits a second, or less, he sees Lazard breaking open.

Totally I mean in the general sense. It’s pretty clear throwing to Adam was a disaster and bad decision in real time on TV of this play.

texaspackerbacker
01-29-2022, 11:24 PM

Good Point. Exactly what I said about his arm moving forward before Lazard got open, but arguably he could and should have waited a bit longer. That's hindsight, though, and you don't get but a split second to decide that. Rodgers fucked up - in hindsight. But the Packers were something like 39-9 in the regular season when he played. People can whine all they want about no Super Bowl, but I'm fairly satisfied overall. Pretty much any other team's fans didn't have it as good as we had it. I want the next 3 or 5 or 7 or 8 years to be that good.

Joemailman
02-02-2022, 08:08 AM
Andrew Brandt with a pretty well reasoned argument for why he feels Rodgers will not be back with Packers.

https://www.si.com/nfl/2022/02/02/business-of-football-aaron-rodgers-era-end-imminent

Teamcheez1
02-02-2022, 09:16 AM
The latest Vegas numbers had Denver and now Tampa as slightly higher odds for Rodgers than the Packers.

oldbutnotdeadyet
02-02-2022, 09:20 AM
The latest Vegas numbers had Denver and now Tampa as slightly higher odds for Rodgers than the Packers.

Multiple interested teams always helps..

call_me_ishmael
02-02-2022, 09:20 AM
Andrew Brandt with a pretty well reasoned argument for why Rodgers will not be back with Packers.

https://www.si.com/nfl/2022/02/02/business-of-football-aaron-rodgers-era-end-imminent

I don't really think he said much of anything beyond "it just feels like it's time". In my opinion, putting aside the ticking time bomb of the cap, it really comes down to if they think they can compete again running back the same squad minus a few pieces (and plus a few pieces from the draft) with Aaron, and then also what they think of JLo. My hunch is they have a strong inkling of what they think JLo's trajectory looks like.

The reason it wasn't a total PR debacle for years to come with moving on from Brett was because Aaron was really good. If they were going 4-12 for three years instead of winning a super bowl while Favre was crushing it in Minnesota, it would have been bad news for the team (not that bad news and PR will have any impact on the financials, etc).

I still don't really know what I think. My gut feeling is a trade is coming or he's back, I just don't see him as likely to retire and play arguably third fiddle to Brady and Roethlisberger at his HOF someday. Beyond that, 30-40M is a lot of cashola for the future Rodgers'.

George Cumby
02-02-2022, 11:15 AM
Andrew Brandt with a pretty well reasoned argument for why he feels Rodgers will not be back with Packers.

I agree with CMI that this article is more about Brandt's gut feelings and then him trying to find a rational argument to support his 'sense'. Which I don't have a problem with. We say 'trust your gut' for a reason.

Again, Denver gets the nod as the odds-on favorite as trade partner.

texaspackerbacker
02-02-2022, 12:02 PM
Brandt seems to be all over the map on this. He earlier had a tweet about how he was reasonably certain the Packers could make the cap situation work out fine with Rodgers staying and most of the rest of them too. As annoying as it is to read an article like that, it's just one man's opinion - a gut feeling - more credible than media pukes but not really something to panic over.

Fritz
02-02-2022, 12:52 PM
If humans operate primarily out of short-term self-interest, then odds are that Rodgers will be back in Green Bay next year, as will Adams, and the future be damned.

Some people would be okay with that. I would not. Getting the band back together - again - will cost heavily against the future, and it, uh, didn't actually work out this season. And Rodgers is not going to get any better as a QB.

Upnorth
02-02-2022, 02:32 PM
Personally I would prefer a 8-9 season this year to a 3-14 season missing 1/2 our d in 2 years. We gotta have room to resign jaire and dillion and Jenkins. Next year is Meyers Gary and perhaps love if he isn't garbage. Keeping the band together 1 more year means we lose the smiths and most of those listed above. I think Adams is more replaceable in our team than any of those listed above.
Losing rodgers will hurt but keeping him may hurt more.
We draft a qb this year if we can and a te and wr.

Upnorth
02-02-2022, 02:32 PM
The more I look at it the more I think we have to trade him.

SudsMcBucky
02-02-2022, 02:34 PM
Personally I would prefer a 8-9 season this year to a 3-14 season missing 1/2 our d in 2 years. We gotta have room to resign jaire and dillion and Jenkins. Next year is Meyers Gary and perhaps love if he isn't garbage. Keeping the band together 1 more year means we lose the smiths and most of those listed above. I think Adams is more replaceable in our team than any of those listed above.

I wouldn't draft a QB this year. If we're not keeping Rodgers, we first need to see what we actually have with the Love Machine running the O with the game plan designed around him for at least 1 season before moving on.

Fosco33
02-02-2022, 02:50 PM
If we lose Aaron - I’d love to get a quality vet - either to compete or be available.

Agree on this years qb class

George Cumby
02-02-2022, 03:05 PM

Agreed.

I, also think we need to do what Wolf did and draft a qb every year. Just to see what shit sticks to the wall.

Joemailman
02-02-2022, 04:20 PM
AARON RODGERS HAS PURCHASED LAND IN TENNESSEE AND IS "OPEN" TO JOINING THE TITANS!!!!!!

call_me_ishmael
02-02-2022, 04:21 PM
I think you heard that one from me first, right?

I think that tweet making the rounds is fake news but they are a super legit spot for him. Great running game, premier defense, #1 seed with an average QB, etc. Very good team.

But still - why would he want to go to the AFC where there are a million great quarterbacks when he would easily be the best in the NFC?

MadtownPacker
02-02-2022, 05:01 PM
AARON RODGERS HAS PURCHASED LAND IN TENNESSEE AND IS "OPEN" TO JOINING THE TITANS!!!!!! That just proves what a moron you are. My sources tell me he was spotted at a AM/Pm station here in Fresno taking a piss. Obvious he’s gonna go to the Niners. If you can’t beat them join them he said. :lol:

George Cumby
02-02-2022, 05:34 PM
That just proves what a moron you are. My sources tell me he was spotted at a AM/Pm station here in Fresno taking a piss. Obvious he’s gonna go to the Niners. If you can’t beat them join them he said. :lol:

Maybe Gutes will trade Rodgers for Jimmy G and some picks.

MadtownPacker
02-02-2022, 05:42 PM
Maybe Gutes will trade Rodgers for Jimmy G and some picks. The King of Lambeau in the playoffs? I’ll take him!

But all you crybabies won’t like what he said right here:
https://twitter.com/StaceyDales/status/1485105538170040322?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5 Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1485105538170040322%7Ctwgr% 5E%7Ctwcon%5Es1_c10&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fd-18492451521314064701.ampproject.net%2F220121212200 3%2Fframe.html

George Cumby
02-02-2022, 06:05 PM
Pretty boy played tougher than Grunge band Rodgers that game.

Joemailman
02-02-2022, 06:13 PM
Pretty boy played tougher than Grunge band Rodgers that game.

Meh. He produced 6 points. I'm not giving him much credit unless someone can convince me he blocked the punt.

George Cumby
02-02-2022, 06:26 PM
Meh. He produced 6 points. I'm not giving him much credit unless someone can convince me he blocked the punt.

Oh. I'm not either.

I have no faith in him. His daft interception in the NFCCG was totally predictable and why I don't like him as a QB unless he's on the other team.

I'm just posting bored.

Upnorth
02-03-2022, 06:34 AM
Lets play the what do the titans give up game? Their 1st is pick is #26 then no 2nd 1 3rf 2 4th. So this year 1st next year 1st and 2nd????

Joemailman
02-03-2022, 08:10 AM
Matt Schneidman
@mattschneidman

Heard Aaron Rodgers told people in his inner circle that he likes private flights so he’s open to playing for the Jets. Sources also say he likes the zoo so would be open to the Jaguars and Lions.

As long as it's not the Bears.

Upnorth
02-03-2022, 09:01 AM
As long as it's not the Bears.

He owns them, so he doesn't need to play for them.

call_me_ishmael
02-03-2022, 10:36 AM
Lets play the what do the titans give up game? Their 1st is pick is #26 then no 2nd 1 3rf 2 4th. So this year 1st next year 1st and 2nd????

You'd get a lot from them, and you'd take back Tannehill's deal so you'd get more picks. Not a bad deal. That is the only situation you'd get 3 R1s IMO.

jklowan
02-03-2022, 10:39 AM
You'd get a lot from them, and you'd take back Tannehill's deal so you'd get more picks. Not a bad deal. That is the only situation you'd get 3 R1s IMO. How about AJ BRown, Jeffery Simmons and 2 1st's

Joemailman
02-03-2022, 10:48 AM
If the Packers were to trade for Tannehill, there salary cap situation would become worse. They would have 27 million of dead money from Rodgers' contract, and would have to pay Tannehill 29 million. Tannehill's base salary for 2022 of 29 million is fully guaranteed. Not gonna happen.

call_me_ishmael
02-03-2022, 02:52 PM
How about AJ BRown, Jeffery Simmons and 2 1st's

They would never do this, though. MAYBE AJ Brown if they got Devante. Maybe.

They're trading predominantly future draft picks, possibly not even this year as any team would be going all-in.

call_me_ishmael
02-03-2022, 02:52 PM
If the Packers were to trade for Tannehill, there salary cap situation would become worse. They would have 27 million of dead money from Rodgers' contract, and would have to pay Tannehill 29 million. Tannehill's base salary for 2022 of 29 million is fully guaranteed. Not gonna happen.

Doesn't matter, they'd be rebuilding anyway, blow it up and start fresh. Otherwise they're stuck in purgatory anyway.

oldbutnotdeadyet
02-04-2022, 08:29 AM
Doesn't matter, they'd be rebuilding anyway, blow it up and start fresh. Otherwise they're stuck in purgatory anyway.

Same with us, continue with a QB who is not getting us to the promised land or blow it up and play for the future..

Bretsky
02-05-2022, 08:56 PM

I want nothing to do with average QB's making very good money cause they are QB's. Tannehill, Carr, and Jimmy G come to mind in that category.

If we are selling the luxury car, let's see if we can turn the Ford FocuS we have into a Luxury EV.

Id the Focus dies trade it in for nothing and reload.

OR

Keep the luxury car and see if he can become more than a Fart in the Wind

Joemailman
02-05-2022, 09:03 PM
I want nothing to do with average QB's making very good money cause they are QB's. Tannehill, Carr, and Jimmy G come to mind in that category.

If we are selling the luxury car, let's see if we can turn the Ford FocuS we have into a Luxury EV.

Id the Focus dies trade it in for nothing and reload.

OR

Keep the luxury car and see if he can become more than a Fart in the Wind

You've got it right. They were never going to trade for Tannehill. They will either go with Rodgers or give a chance to the guy they drafted in the 1st round to replace Rodgers. To do anything else would suggest an organization in disarray. And they're not that.

Bretsky
02-05-2022, 09:09 PM
agree; we're not in disdrray...........BUt..............HOW WOULD TEE HIGGINS HAVE LOOKED IN SOME OF THOSE PLAYS THE LAST COUPLE YEARS WHEN WE NEEDED SOMBODY TO GET OPEN :)))) WORKS FOR JOE

Joemailman
02-05-2022, 09:41 PM
agree; we're not in disdrray...........BUt..............HOW WOULD TEE HIGGINS HAVE LOOKED IN SOME OF THOSE PLAYS THE LAST COUPLE YEARS WHEN WE NEEDED SOMBODY TO GET OPEN :)))) WORKS FOR JOE

Everybody has their hits and misses (and we don't know yet if Love is a hit or miss). Of course, it's easier to hit when you're drafting 1st in every round like the Bengals were in 2020, as opposed to 30th in every round like the Packers were. The fact that the Packers are usually drafting somewhere around 30th means they have more hits than most teams.

Bretsky
02-05-2022, 09:51 PM
Everybody has their hits and misses (and we don't know yet if Love is a hit or miss). Of course, it's easier to hit when you're drafting 1st in every round like the Bengals were in 2020, as opposed to 30th in every round like the Packers were. The fact that the Packers are usually drafting somewhere around 30th means they have more hits than most teams.

AROD gets us to 9 wins and puts us in the 20s pretty much every year.

That just HAPPENED to be a year where there was about 9 WR's worthy of round one...the year where we dove for the Luv Machine.

Getting a talent like Higgins in round 2 is a rarity

esoxx
02-05-2022, 11:03 PM

I would have preferred Michael Pittman to Higgins.

ThunderDan
02-06-2022, 09:22 AM
I was reading an article yesterday about a potential trade to Denver.

It went something like this:
Denver gives up:
2022 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th rd picks, 2023 1st, 2nd, 7th rd picks, 2024 1st rd pick and a couple of players.

GB gives up:
ARod, Adams, 2022 4th, 7th rd picks

George Cumby
02-06-2022, 10:02 AM
I'd be happy with that.

Freak Out
02-06-2022, 10:41 AM

Denver gives up:
2022 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th rd picks, 2023 1st, 2nd, 7th rd picks, 2024 1st rd pick and a couple of players.

GB gives up:

Madness.

Upnorth
02-06-2022, 01:36 PM

Denver gives up:

GB gives up:

That appears ridiculous to me.

Fritz
02-06-2022, 01:49 PM
That does seem pretty fantastical. That's a King's ransom.

Freak Out
02-06-2022, 02:12 PM
If its true you have to do it right?

Upnorth
02-06-2022, 02:56 PM
If its true you have to do it right?

I'm mean how could you not. Losing 2 all pros hurts but 3 1st 2 2nds and players....

wthigoot
02-06-2022, 03:28 PM

Denver gives up:

GB gives up:

Hadl-type trade for Rodgers. (1st, 2nd, 3rd, 1st, 2nd)

2024 1st and players for Adams.

Would be a shocker but seems somewhat fair, probably wouldn't get that many picks. Denver is taking on a bunch of salary though, but they might dump some salary with the players they send back.

ThunderDan
02-06-2022, 03:41 PM
Hadl-type trade for Rodgers. (1st, 2nd, 3rd, 1st, 2nd)

2024 1st and players for Adams.

Would be a shocker but seems somewhat fair, probably wouldn't get that many picks. Denver is taking on a bunch of salary though, but they might dump some salary with the players they send back.

That’s exactly what the article said. Denver can take on ARods contract without having to do much but would have to clear cap space to get Adams. The players the Packers get back was needed to get Denver back under the cap.

texaspackerbacker
02-06-2022, 04:37 PM
The madness, of course, is the idiotic idea that the Packers would trade Rodgers even for a Herschel Walker level deal like that.

Upnorth
02-06-2022, 04:46 PM
The madness, of course, is the idiotic idea that the Packers would trade Rodgers even for a Herschel Walker level deal like that.

So to you 1 or 2 great years with rodgers is better than setting up the next decade of very good years?

RashanGary
02-06-2022, 06:43 PM
As the Packers got to see Love develop, I think it made them more all in on Rodgers.

If the Packers don’t trade 12 this offseason, that means they give up on 10. You can’t keep a guy on a rookie deal for 5 years and never play him. Unless he’s not it.

George Cumby
02-06-2022, 06:53 PM
^ Esp, a QB drafted in the first round whom they traded up to get.

RashanGary
02-06-2022, 07:00 PM
If the Packers thought they had the next big thing in the wings, they’d be trading Rodgers in a damn heartbeat.

wthigoot
02-06-2022, 07:56 PM
If the Packers thought they had the next big thing in the wings, they’d be trading Rodgers in a damn heartbeat.

The problem is, they don't know yet. My memory is that Rodgers only really began to look good in his third year preseason. That's when you could see they had something.
Love is not there yet, his third season is coming up. And due to missing some time from COVID, he is even further behind. The timing is just not working for them; timing was bad to start with and got worse because of COVID.

They just have to guess what to do now. Either way could work out, or could blow up on them. It will be interesting to watch whatever they decide to do.

call_me_ishmael
02-06-2022, 08:09 PM

100%. I would say not “know”, but an good inkling to maybe even possible. My guess is right now they don’t think (given their limited info) that JLove will be a long term type starter there.

call_me_ishmael
02-06-2022, 08:11 PM
As the Packers got to see Love develop, I think it made them more all in on Rodgers.

If the Packers don’t trade 12 this offseason, that means they give up on 10. You can’t keep a guy on a rookie deal for 5 years and never play him. Unless he’s not it.

It depends if they and Rodgers think it’s one more year total (and void years) or he resigns the type of contract they expect him to play on for two or three years. If it’s the latter, and my guess is it will be, then I think they trade Love for a rookie contract receiver or a draft pick this year to try to accumulate more assets

Bretsky
02-06-2022, 08:12 PM
The problem is, they don't know yet. My memory is that Rodgers only really began to look good in his third year preseason. That's when you could see they had something.
Love is not there yet, his third season is coming up. And due to missing some time from COVID, he is even further behind. The timing is just not working for them; timing was bad to start with and got worse because of COVID.

They just have to guess what to do now. Either way could work out, or could blow up on them. It will be interesting to watch whatever they decide to do.

QB's are way more NFL ready now than they were when AROD was drafted IMO. I really think they know, or have a view, of the huge, or lack of upside they have with Love by now. They knew Rodgers upside and it's why they slowly moved away from Favre. They seem to be doing the opposite here

call_me_ishmael
02-06-2022, 08:14 PM
I'm mean how could you not. Losing 2 all pros hurts but 3 1st 2 2nds and players....

Packers still lose the trade on paper but yeah I would for sure do it because 39 years old plus phat contracts. Those picks are basically R2, R3 and R4 though since bottom of the round. Not nearly as good as meets the eye at first glance.

wthigoot
02-06-2022, 08:31 PM
Packers still lose the trade on paper but yeah I would for sure do it because 39 years old plus phat contracts. Those picks are basically R2, R3 and R4 though since bottom of the round. Not nearly as good as meets the eye at first glance.

True except for the one this year. I'm assuming Packers would get #9. Some good choices there. Next year's wouldn't be so high, not sure where the Packers own picks would be.

Bretsky
02-06-2022, 08:37 PM
If we are considering taking R3 can we take a future year's #2 instead ?

When was out last 3rd round draft pick who was worth a sh#t ? I'm sure there were some, but gosh it doesn't seem like it :))

RashanGary
02-06-2022, 08:37 PM
QB's are way more NFL ready now than they were when AROD was drafted IMO. I really think they know, or have a view, of the huge, or lack of upside they have with Love by now. They knew Rodgers upside and it's why they slowly moved away from Favre. They seem to be doing the opposite here

Exactly. After two years you have an idea of what you’ve got.

texaspackerbacker
02-06-2022, 11:21 PM
So to you 1 or 2 great years with rodgers is better than setting up the next decade of very good years?

hahahahaha I want the next decade to be GREAT with Rodgers. Without him, the dark ages are upon us - probably for a decade or more - and I say that being the forum optimist.

To answer your question, though, even two years of Rodgers would be better than what would befall the team without him. Now answer my question. Do you seriously want to get rid of him, knowing that 1-3 years of complete oblivion and x number more of bad to mediocre years would then occur? (or don't you think that would happen?)

George Cumby
02-07-2022, 10:52 AM
Rodgers is 39. He's put up back to back MVP seasons. The likelihood of him producing a third MVP season is......... slim.

The wheels could fall off at any time.

Now is the time to be looking long-term.

One hopes Murphy, Gutebag and MLF see this.

texaspackerbacker
02-07-2022, 11:31 AM
Or not.

Consider the next ten years ...... would the Packers have a significantly better record with: Rodgers playing all ten (which even I have to admit is a stretch, but just theoretically through age 48)? Or with Rodgers gone and whatever else came along? I say the former. And if you make it a more realistic 5 or 6 years, absolutely better with Rodgers.

Anti-Polar Bear
02-07-2022, 11:40 AM
Rodgers is 39. He's put up back to back MVP seasons. The likelihood of him producing a third MVP season is......... slim.

The odds of a 3rd Wu-Tang QB succeeding Butte are even slimmer. Butte’s Kung Fu is still better than 95% of the QBs in the known universe. Plus, medical advancements now make it possible for a few chosen ones (like the GOAT, TB12; possibly Butte) to debunk and sodomize Father Time.

Butte needs to spend the upcoming offseason in India as a pupil of the Anti-Choke Guru. Gotta master the psychology of winning in the clutch, especially in the playoffs. That being said, the Packers should ride Butte til his prodigious right arm falls off.

texaspackerbacker
02-07-2022, 12:56 PM
+ 1 ....... except that Rodgers, not Brady is the GOAT.

Anti-Polar Bear
02-07-2022, 01:12 PM
+ 1 ....... except that Rodgers, not Brady is the GOAT.

GOAT should have more than a fluke ring.

George Cumby
02-07-2022, 01:27 PM
Or not.

Consider the next ten years ...... would the Packers have a significantly better record with: Rodgers playing all ten

You are absolutely stoned if you even think this is even remotely possible.

Fritz
02-07-2022, 01:59 PM
You are absolutely stoned if you even think this is even remotely possible.

Before last offseason, all Rodgers talked about was wanting to play on and on and on, into his mid-40's. Yet now he's talking about the "R" word, and about appreciating every moment.

Doesn't sound like a guy who thinks he's playing for another five or six years any more.

call_me_ishmael
02-07-2022, 02:40 PM

Why do you think that? Rodgers doesn't really rely on his athleticism much anymore IMO, and he just doesn't make risky throws - sometimes to his own detriment (see playoffs). I highly doubt his stats will drop off that much this year. We shall see.

George Cumby
02-07-2022, 04:13 PM
Why do you think that? Rodgers doesn't really rely on his athleticism much anymore IMO, and he just doesn't make risky throws - sometimes to his own detriment (see playoffs). I highly doubt his stats will drop off that much this year. We shall see.

He is still capable of playing at a very high level, my bad for not amplifying that.

Just based on probability, I think it's unlikely he makes it a three-peat.

Additionally, speaking of probability, he is in a bad place on the probability curve. The fact he's made it this long as the starter already makes him an out-lier. He's one nasty hit from being done.

Brady is a once in a lifetime phenonmenon. Will we see other players extend their careers? For sure. Will it even be a trend? Given improvements in medical care, technology, changes in the game and rule-book, sure.

Is it likely that we see Brady, The Post-Season GOAT, and his record crushing career immediately followed up by Rodgers, The Regular Season GOAT also playing into his mid-40's? I doubt it.

And I'm sorry, at the end of the Divisional Game, Rodgers looked just like Favre against the Giants, cold, old, unhappy and wishing he was somewhere else.

gbgary
02-07-2022, 04:17 PM
if spitting into the wind is their plan 12 will be back.

texaspackerbacker
02-07-2022, 05:25 PM
Or not.

Consider the next ten years ...... would the Packers have a significantly better record with: Rodgers playing all ten (which even I have to admit is a stretch, but just theoretically through age 48)? Or with Rodgers gone and whatever else came along? I say the former. And if you make it a more realistic 5 or 6 years, absolutely better with Rodgers.

I haven't seen any answers yet from the damn fools wanting to get rid of Rodgers. As I said, he probably won't play ten years, although 5 or 6 is reasonable even likely. If the Packers have Rodgers even 2 or 3 years, we'd win more games in those 2 or 3 than we would win in 10 years without him. If anybody has the balls/idiocy to disagree, bring it on.

RashanGary
02-07-2022, 06:04 PM
I haven't seen any answers yet from the damn fools wanting to get rid of Rodgers. As I said, he probably won't play ten years, although 5 or 6 is reasonable even likely. If the Packers have Rodgers even 2 or 3 years, we'd win more games in those 2 or 3 than we would win in 10 years without him. If anybody has the balls/idiocy to disagree, bring it on.

Burrow, Herbert, Allen, Mahommes, Jackson, Wilson, Stafford, Murray….

There are plenty of really good quarterbacks. The odds of finding one are more like 1 in 4 or better than they are 1 in 100. Love probably isn’t it, or they would be trading Rodgers yesterday, but in a couple losing seasons, we could stumble on the next great QB and be just fine without Rodgers.

call_me_ishmael
02-07-2022, 10:35 PM
Burrow, Herbert, Allen, Mahommes, Jackson, Wilson, Stafford, Murray….

There are plenty of really good quarterbacks. The odds of finding one are more like 1 in 4 or better than they are 1 in 100. Love probably isn’t it, or they would be trading Rodgers yesterday, but in a couple losing seasons, we could stumble on the next great QB and be just fine without Rodgers.

Counterpoint - several of the above have had many chances to win it and haven't done much.

Mahomes is a freak and outlier. He is next level talented.

Wilson had a historically good defense and hasn't repeated the same level of success.

Guys like Mahomes and arguably Rodgers give their team a chance year after year.

I'm not so sure Burrow, Herbert, Allen, Jackson, Stafford, Murray are that good. We shall see. Burrow is looking very special IMO.

Upnorth
02-07-2022, 11:08 PM
hahahahaha I want the next decade to be GREAT with Rodgers. Without him, the dark ages are upon us - probably for a decade or more - and I say that being the forum optimist.

To answer your question, though, even two years of Rodgers would be better than what would befall the team without him. Now answer my question. Do you seriously want to get rid of him, knowing that 1-3 years of complete oblivion and x number more of bad to mediocre years would then occur? (or don't you think that would happen?)

I will take a bad year or two for 7 to 9 very good years which a pick list like that likely will bring.
As to them being almost next rd picks, not this year. Then assuming rodgers trusts his receivers it will be late in the round. If not who knows.
I don't think rodgers will be in the league in 5 years let alone 10. If he is playing past 4 more I will honestly be suprised. He has very long odds against to play past 40. Easy to say he will but probability says other wise.

Upnorth
02-07-2022, 11:13 PM

His and Adams contract is the biggest reason for the trade. It gives immediate relief (still more blood to come but a great start) and it gives us opportunities to reload quick. If we dont like this year's qb crop trade back, pick up another one next year and something this year. The more I think about it as a fan of the team the more I want this impossible trade to actually happen.
But it's as lkely to happen as it is for 12 to win another sb.

Fritz
02-08-2022, 12:04 PM
His and Adams contract is the biggest reason for the trade. It gives immediate relief (still more blood to come but a great start) and it gives us opportunities to reload quick. If we dont like this year's qb crop trade back, pick up another one next year and something this year. The more I think about it as a fan of the team the more I want this impossible trade to actually happen.
But it's as lkely to happen as it is for 12 to win another sb.

Your posts lately are spot-on.

texaspackerbacker
02-08-2022, 03:22 PM
I will take a bad year or two for 7 to 9 very good years which a pick list like that likely will bring.
As to them being almost next rd picks, not this year. Then assuming rodgers trusts his receivers it will be late in the round. If not who knows.
I don't think rodgers will be in the league in 5 years let alone 10. If he is playing past 4 more I will honestly be suprised. He has very long odds against to play past 40. Easy to say he will but probability says other wise.

Ok, that's a fair response. You think he won't last very long, I think he will - agree to disagree.

Where I disagree more with you, though, is the idea of 7 to 9 "very good years" after Rodgers is gone. How many great teams around the league are there with mediocre QBs? Damn few if any. Tennessee is the only one that comes to mind, and I don't really consider them all that great. RG or somebody said the chances of finding a star QB are maybe 1 in 4 in the draft, and even then, they're not Aaron Rodgers level of great. And even if they are great, it takes a year absolute minimum (Burrow) to become great. I like we'd be in for a long spell of mediocrity on the high side if/when he is gone.

call_me_ishmael
02-08-2022, 03:29 PM
Tex, Packers were as stacked as a team could be and largely due to Rodgers totally lost that game. Were they a great team? Man I'm not so sure. He sure looked mediocre at best in that game.

jklowan
02-08-2022, 03:33 PM
Ok, that's a fair response. You think he won't last very long, I think he will - agree to disagree. Where I disagree more with you, though, is the idea of 7 to 9 "very good years" after Rodgers is gone. How many great teams around the league are there with mediocre QBs? Damn few if any. Tennessee is the only one that comes to mind, and I don't really consider them all that great. RG or somebody said the chances of finding a star QB are maybe 1 in 4 in the draft, and even then, they're not Aaron Rodgers level of great. And even if they are great, it takes a year absolute minimum (Burrow) to become great. I like we'd be in for a long spell of mediocrity on the high side if/when he is gone. I for 1 totally disagree with this, If the Pack trades Rodgers they will have a pretty talented team and gain a bit of draft capitol. Even with an average QB they should be pretty competitive. I's go on a limb to say this team with Love at QB would win 9-10 games next year given the state of the NFC north. On top of all that they will not be in salary cap hell and the next couple of years they will have a ton of cap space. I am hoping they trade Rodgers and do not push this shit any further down the line. This team with Rodgers ain't winning a bowl, they proved that already

George Cumby
02-08-2022, 05:39 PM
What do the following people have in common?

Trent Dilfer, Brad Johnson, Drew Brees, Aaron Rodgers, Joe Flacco, Russel Wilson, Nick Foles, Patrick Mahomes.

All have won one (1) Super Bowl in the last 20 years.

Brady (6), Rapist (2), Mannings x2 (2 apiece) account for the rest.

Give me good not great QB, and a great roster.

Upnorth
02-08-2022, 07:12 PM
Ok, that's a fair response. You think he won't last very long, I think he will - agree to disagree.

Where I disagree more with you, though, is the idea of 7 to 9 "very good years" after Rodgers is gone. How many great teams around the league are there with mediocre QBs? Damn few if any. Tennessee is the only one that comes to mind, and I don't really consider them all that great. RG or somebody said the chances of finding a star QB are maybe 1 in 4 in the draft, and even then, they're not Aaron Rodgers level of great. And even if they are great, it takes a year absolute minimum (Burrow) to become great. I like we'd be in for a long spell of mediocrity on the high side if/when he is gone.

We may already have one on the roster but I still think we draft one this year (even if arod doesn't go) and unless love is the third coming we draft another next year (if arod is still around). Maybe I think to.highly of Ron wolf but that man drafted more qb talent than almost any gm ever. We need to get back to that or we are fucked for the next decade.

oldbutnotdeadyet
02-09-2022, 05:33 AM
We may already have one on the roster but I still think we draft one this year (even if arod doesn't go) and unless love is the third coming we draft another next year (if arod is still around). Maybe I think to.highly of Ron wolf but that man drafted more qb talent than almost any gm ever. We need to get back to that or we are fucked for the next decade.

Yeah, I would agree, either this year or next, depending a lot on the Rodgers trade. Many rumors on the trade consisting of some type of a quarterback swap.

Fritz
02-09-2022, 05:17 PM
Yeah, I would agree, either this year or next, depending a lot on the Rodgers trade. Many rumors on the trade consisting of some type of a quarterback swap.

I still can't help but think if either the ST hadn't been quite SO putrid, or if Rodgers had played better in the last six minutes, the Packers would be playing in the SB on Sunday.

And honestly, I think Rodgers likes that warmer weather, and that would've been a helluva game. By then, Bakhtiari would've been playing, and the linebacking corp would be at full strength. Would've been fun.

I think the Packers will break the bank and bring Rodgers back for a longer-term deal. The problem I have is that with that cap they won't have as good a team as they did this year - so how will they get to the SB? Because special teams will be better? I don't think at this point Rodgers is suddenly going to play well in the fourth quarter of a playoff game when the team really needs him.

Bretsky
02-09-2022, 08:41 PM
It is VERY SAD that the stars just don't seem aligned for the Green Bay Packers to win the Super Bowl anytime soon.

We were loaded this year.

But on a team with annual horrible special team play and special team coaches, we managed to staff the worst ST Coach in GB history....a terrifying thought.

As I watch the Rams and Bengals play this weekend, as all I can think, is the packers have a much more talented roster than either of these two teams.

I don't know who this an indictment on; the football gods are just not Packer fans.

oldbutnotdeadyet
02-10-2022, 06:41 AM
It is VERY SAD that the stars just don't seem aligned for the Green Bay Packers to win the Super Bowl anytime soon.

But on a team with annual horrible special team play and special team coaches, we managed to staff the worst ST Coach in GB history....a terrifying thought.

As I watch the Rams and Bengals play this weekend, as all I can think, is the packers have a much more talented roster than either of these two teams.

I don't know who this an indictment on; the football gods are just not Packer fans.

It is sorta both, an indication that winning the SB is equal mixture of talent and luck..

Fritz
02-10-2022, 10:22 AM

It is an indictment of:

Maurice Drayton
The organization for not investing in special teams
Matt LeFleur for letting it happen
Aaron Rodgers for having a shrinking wiener in the fourth quarter of the last two playoff games.

George Cumby
02-10-2022, 10:34 AM
It is an indictment of:

Maurice Drayton
The organization for not investing in special teams
Matt LeFleur for letting it happen
Aaron Rodgers for having a shrinking wiener in the fourth quarter of the last two playoff games.

100% spot on.

I would add pacifying 12 by picking up his bestie, who really didn't do much other than eat up a roster spot which could've been filled by a young ST ace.

Joemailman
02-10-2022, 10:39 PM
Vincent Vega look?

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FLSbsJ0WQAIdNkB?format=jpg&name=900x900

call_me_ishmael
02-10-2022, 11:54 PM
Hopefully at a barber. Jiminy, that is a fugly look.

Anti-Polar Bear
02-11-2022, 12:02 AM
100% spot on.

I would add pacifying 12 by picking up his bestie, who really didn't do much other than eat up a roster spot which could've been filled by a young ST ace.

Cobb was productive as the #3 S,E,X,and/or Y when healthy. Special teams aces usually are the #6’s. Signing Cobb had nothing to do with the Kung Fu on STs. Taylor and St. Paul failed to blossom into aces.

Blame the German Shepherd. That Kraut made it clear as fuck that he gave no fucks about special teams when he cut the great specials teams ace (and legitimate bomb threat), Jeff Janis.

call_me_ishmael
02-11-2022, 12:11 AM
I genuinely don't understand why Cobb wasn't the returner. Unless he didn't want to do it for injury reasons, it makes very little sense.

But you keep Cobb on the team because he, Bak, Adams, Rodgers, and Lewis are all besties. The mystery broad from a few weeks back is Marcedes Lewis' girlfriend that is always rollin' with Mrs. Cobb, Mrs. Bak, Mrs. Adams.

Homie needs to cut his hair. But I really think he will play two more years than retire. The really interesting question is will they ask JLo to sit 4 years? I doubt they will (I also doubt they'd keep Aaron at all if they thought JLo had a shot).

Bretsky
02-11-2022, 12:23 AM
yikes I don't wanna pay Cobb anything; he's wasted roster space that could be used on special teams talent, or talent somewhere

Anti-Polar Bear
02-11-2022, 12:43 AM
Actually, Janis was let go as a free agent, not cut, by the Packers. Still, after the Browns cut Janis (most likely cos he’s a pale-skinned WR in a dark-skinned profession), German Shepherd was free to bring Janis back to cold, dark and dull Green Bay.

Remember the days when the Polar Bear kept Bush for no other reason than special teams?

Fritz
02-11-2022, 08:12 AM
Vincent Vega look?

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FLSbsJ0WQAIdNkB?format=jpg&name=900x900

The only thing missing seems to be a rusty white van.

Man, he's turning into a creepy-looking dude.

oldbutnotdeadyet
02-11-2022, 09:05 AM
The only thing missing seems to be a rusty white van.

Man, he's turning into a creepy-looking dude.

I know, right! But I am guessing he does not care. He has the 'don't care what anybody else thinks' money..

Anti-Polar Bear
02-11-2022, 09:16 AM
I know, right! But I am guessing he does not care. He has the 'don't care what anybody else thinks' money..

That’s his John Wick look. I think he cares.

call_me_ishmael
02-11-2022, 10:25 AM
yikes I don't wanna pay Cobb anything; he's wasted roster space that could be used on special teams talent, or talent somewhere

He will cost pennies though. I have no problem paying him 1M but my expectation would be that he returns kicks and punts.

George Cumby
02-11-2022, 11:09 AM
Cobb played in 12 games, caught 28 balls on 39 targets for 375 yards and 5 TDs. He's 31.

Thanks for you service, but hard pass.

King Friday
02-11-2022, 11:18 AM
No need for Cobb anymore. I'll take someone who has a second and third gear.

call_me_ishmael
02-11-2022, 03:09 PM
I am personally assuming that Rodgers and Cobb are a package deal. Same with Marcedes Lewis. The other folks in their crew aren't going anywhere (Bak, Adams)

ThunderDan
02-11-2022, 03:23 PM
I am personally assuming that Rodgers and Cobb are a package deal. Same with Marcedes Lewis. The other folks in their crew aren't going anywhere (Bak, Adams)

If we are basing contracts and signings off of friend groups, we need to clean house and start over.

Absolutely hated the Cobb contract this last year.

RashanGary
02-11-2022, 04:36 PM
Back to back MVPs. Has to make the trade value an all time high. I would think two firsts and a second at least.

They can kick the can down the road and run it back or trade Rodgers and see about rebuilding. Either avenue is exciting. And the front office won’t have to deal with any favre type backlash. The fans are ready to move on too.

oldbutnotdeadyet
02-11-2022, 05:46 PM
Back to back MVPs. Has to make the trade value an all time high. I would think two firsts and a second at least.

They can kick the can down the road and run it back or trade Rodgers and see about rebuilding. Either avenue is exciting. And the front office won’t have to deal with any favre type backlash. The fans are ready to move on too.

Yeah, I am all in on trading Rodgers, as now looks to be a perfect time to do so. Fixes our salary cap, we get to start fresh with a ton of picks, and many teams in a good position to make the trade.

Joemailman
02-11-2022, 11:01 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FLSvJHbVcAE7476?format=jpg&name=900x900

Upnorth
02-12-2022, 07:20 AM
Joe, that looks like a retirement statement from 12. Don't like that.

Do like bak's peer pressure though

Joemailman
02-12-2022, 07:52 AM
Joe, that looks like a retirement statement from 12. Don't like that.

Do like bak's peer pressure though

A lot of people are now thinking he will either play for the Packers or retire. But Rodgers is a hard guy to read.I think we'll know in the next week or so.

oldbutnotdeadyet
02-12-2022, 08:38 AM
A lot of people are now thinking he will either play for the Packers or retire. But Rodgers is a hard guy to read.I think we'll know in the next week or so.

If the Packers allow him to retire without getting anything of value, they are dumber than they look..

Joemailman
02-12-2022, 08:52 AM
If the Packers allow him to retire without getting anything of value, they are dumber than they look..

What would you have them do if he wants to retire? If he would rather retire than be traded, he has no trade value.

George Cumby
02-12-2022, 09:12 AM

It's a game for him to be enigmatic.

I don't think he retires, only because, as others have articulated, his entry into the HoF would be overshadowed by the Goat - Postseason Version.

Fritz
02-12-2022, 09:55 AM
It's a game for him to be enigmatic.

I don't think he retires, only because, as others have articulated, his entry into the HoF would be overshadowed by the Goat - Postseason Version.

I agree completely here. Rodgers enjoys playing people, leading them one way, doubling back. I don't take the comments he made as anything other than him being "honest" while also delighting in giving people a chance to jump to the wrong conclusion.

Joe, as for your comment. I am glad you are not the GM. What do you mean, what do you do if he tells you he wants to retire? You trade his ass before the announcement comes out! Slip Rodgers a few more endoresement deals on the side to keep his mouth shut and go along with it. Added benefit: then they can schedule a one-day signing later on so he can retire as a Packer.

I should've worked for Al Davis.

texaspackerbacker
02-12-2022, 04:19 PM
Yeah, Rodgers likes to play people, in particular, he plays the media assholes who spew so much bogus speculation. He'll be back with the Packers; The announcement of a deal will come sooner not later; And he will be with the Packers for a good many more years.

Honestly, I'd rather see him retire than get traded. The team is in the shitter for the foreseeable future if either occurs - which I'm confident it won't. ,

Joemailman
02-12-2022, 09:12 PM

It's 50/50!. Or to be more precise, 15/15. Who's gonna break the tie?

oldbutnotdeadyet
02-13-2022, 06:52 AM
What would you have them do if he wants to retire? If he would rather retire than be traded, he has no trade value.

He is NOT gonna retire..

oldbutnotdeadyet
02-13-2022, 06:54 AM
It's 50/50!. Or to be more precise, 15/15. Who's gonna break the tie?

It depends, can I vote twice?

Joemailman
02-13-2022, 01:58 PM
Andrew Brandt sticking with his view that Rodgers will not be back with Packers.

Andrew Brandt
@AndrewBrandt

Re questions on Aaron: yes, sticking with view that he will separate from Packers. I know: he's playing great and likes the front office more. But it is where I am.
Last year I said he would be back when many said he wouldn't.
Now I maintain he won't be back as many say he will.6081523

Andrew Brandt
@AndrewBrandt

I know, "But Andrew, Aaron thanked the front office by name in his MVP speech!"
Yes, and he's mentioned them before. But if he's just continuing to play there, why does he feel the need to be doing that? My sense is it's an appreciation looking back, not forward.

Andrew Brandt
@AndrewBrandt

And the Packers putting out how much they want him and how much they'll pay him has me skeptical.
When a team wants something known publicly as much as they do with Aaron, I wonder.
Why not, as with all other contract negotiations, just work privately on it?

Andrew Brandt
@AndrewBrandt

If the Packers commit to Aaron for two years, they will have wasted the Jordan Love pick.
I know what you're saying: "Who cares, it's Aaron!"
But they care.
These are not the Rams; they are the "Draft and Develop" Packers.

Andrew Brandt
@AndrewBrandt

Have the Packers ever said, as they did last year: "We're not trading Aaron Rodgers?"
That will mean a lot more than "We're prepared to pay him a lot."

Andrew Brandt
@AndrewBrandt

Last word (for now) on Packers/Aaron:
In 2021 the team message was "We're not trading Aaron Rodgers."
In 2022 the message is "We want Aaron back, but it's up to him."
Very different, and very deja vu to end of Brett's time there.

Joemailman
02-13-2022, 02:00 PM
It depends, can I vote twice?

Are you in Chicago?

By the way, it's 16-16.

Teamcheez1
02-13-2022, 02:48 PM
I’ve been reading that the Packers are planning a new contract that will pay AR $45M annual for the next two years but spread the cap hit out. I say absolutely not.

MadScientist
02-13-2022, 03:30 PM
I’ve been reading that the Packers are planning a new contract that will pay AR $45M annual for the next two years but spread the cap hit out. I say absolutely not.

If that's what it takes, let Denver pay him that.

Joemailman
02-13-2022, 05:11 PM
If the Packers sign Rodgers to an extension, I wonder if Denver would approach the Packers about a trade for Love. Love has more talent than any QB Denver has, and is probably more talented than any QB in the 2022 draft class.

Bretsky
02-13-2022, 08:01 PM

I always crings a bit when players view it important to be the highest paid in their position in the NFL. Bach, I know he's great; but I pondered if they would have been better off re signing Linsley and keeping the extra 10-12MIL per year they gave out .

AROD is no Tom Brady. It appears, from sources, he's working out a deal to be paid as the highest QB in the NFL and spread it out as much as he can so short term, we don't feel as much pain and long term it's dead money against our cap. If we win a Super Bowl with this format, I guess it's a success. But if we don't it'll end up being a very bad move.

Make no mistake about it; we're still going to lose players though; I wish Tex's logic was right but we're going to be making sacrifices.

Bretsky
02-13-2022, 08:16 PM
If the Packers sign Rodgers to an extension, I wonder if Denver would approach the Packers about a trade for Love. Love has more talent than any QB Denver has, and is probably more talented than any QB in the 2022 draft class.

OR INDY.................Wentz SUCKS and they may delete him. They seem to want to but they also took on a shitty contract.

But realistically, could we get anything for Jordan Love ? I don't necessarily agree with your Love Machine Analysis but it only takes one GM to trade for him

Would be interesting to find out if our former OC wanted him

Joemailman
02-13-2022, 09:11 PM
OR INDY.................Wentz SUCKS and they may delete him. They seem to want to but they also took on a shitty contract.

But realistically, could we get anything for Jordan Love ? I don't necessarily agree with your Love Machine Analysis but it only takes one GM to trade for him

It would all depend on what Hackett thinks of Love. Denver has the 9th pick. They wouldn't give up that. Maybe the 2 teams would switch 1st round picks.

Bretsky
02-13-2022, 09:35 PM
It would all depend on what Hackett thinks of Love. Denver has the 9th pick. They wouldn't give up that. Maybe the 2 teams would switch 1st round picks.

That would be a pipe dream IMO

Think about the draft value of moving from 28 to 9. No way is Indy just taking Love to move down 19 slots

Maybe they'd flip 2nd rounders. Or just give up a 4th. Beggers can't be choosers.

Or how about our 3rd and Love for their 2nd round pick. Might as well trade them away; all of our 3rd's bit anyways

call_me_ishmael
02-13-2022, 10:32 PM
I agree maybe they'd flip second rounders or get a number three for him. If they really do resign Rodgers for two years that they structure expecting him to be there and play, I suspect Love will ask for a trade. They will surely be moving on from him.

oldbutnotdeadyet
02-14-2022, 05:45 AM
I guess we find out soon, but it sure feels like the stars are aligned for a trade. Trade rumors have been swirling for a year, Rodgers wins another MVP, and the BIG Matt Stafford trade bears fruit. Seems like a perfect time for a trade.

oldbutnotdeadyet
02-14-2022, 09:07 AM
Are you in Chicago?

By the way, it's 16-16.

Nah, I'm a hodag...

King Friday
02-14-2022, 10:18 AM
Aaron Rodgers will be back in Green Bay in 2022.
Aaron Rodgers will never get back to another Super Bowl.
Packers will be one of the worst teams in the league in 5 years.

ThunderDan
02-14-2022, 01:02 PM
I voted that he will be back in GB. Not sure that is what I want but I think the amount of capital and resource it will take for someone to trade for him will be too steep.

We will be playoff participants every year until ARod retires and then we are going to fall off of the cliff for years because we kicked the can down the road and it finally bites us in the ass.

ThunderDan
02-14-2022, 01:02 PM

Great post, exactly what I was thinking.

Fritz
02-14-2022, 01:38 PM

Brandt's argument that Rodgers will be gone leaves out one factor: never before has Aaron Rodgers talked in any serious way about retirement. Last year the Packers could say "we're not trading Rodgers" because they knew he didn't want to retire, and they knew he wouldn't just sit out the year. He was still talking about wanting to play for quite some time. This past year is the first time he's actually been talking about retirement.

That's why the Packers can't just say this year, "we're not trading Aaron" and essentially daring him to retire - because now he might. So they have to woo him this year.

And Brandt wonders why they don't just work out a contract extension privately if that's what they want. Does he not understand Aaron Rodgers at all? He still needs to feel wanted - publicly. At least, that's how it seems to me.

I think he'll be back. A trade would be too difficult to pull off, I think. Packers will mortgage the future for one more shot.

oldbutnotdeadyet
02-14-2022, 02:07 PM
Brandt's argument that Rodgers will be gone leaves out one factor: never before has Aaron Rodgers talked in any serious way about retirement. Last year the Packers could say "we're not trading Rodgers" because they knew he didn't want to retire, and they knew he wouldn't just sit out the year. He was still talking about wanting to play for quite some time. This past year is the first time he's actually been talking about retirement.

That's why the Packers can't just say this year, "we're not trading Aaron" and essentially daring him to retire - because now he might. So they have to woo him this year.

And Brandt wonders why they don't just work out a contract extension privately if that's what they want. Does he not understand Aaron Rodgers at all? He still needs to feel wanted - publicly. At least, that's how it seems to me.

I think he'll be back. A trade would be too difficult to pull off, I think. Packers will mortgage the future for one more shot.

'Packers will mortgage the future for one more shot.' Maybe, but is that the smart thing at this point? Cause it seems like they have been doing that for several years with nothing to show for it.

Bretsky
02-14-2022, 02:12 PM
THE CLOSENESS OF THIS POLL CERTAINLY BEGS FOR ONE MORE TO BE CREATED.

Poll Master is on it :))))

run pMc
02-14-2022, 04:25 PM

Indy gave up a conditional 2022 R2 pick that turned into a R1 pick this year; I'm not sure they have the picks GB would want to get back. Would you take =Deforest Buckner or Darius Leonard back with a 2023 R1 pick?

I think they will extend Rodgers and it will kill their cap in a few years. Then they will be without both Rodgers or cap space, and very much in the toilet as tex likes to say. If they extend Rodgers the Jordan Love experiment is really ugly. They would've been better served drafting (reaching for?) Higgins or Pittman.

call_me_ishmael
02-14-2022, 10:26 PM
Does anyone think they beat the niners with Higgins? How has he looked?

The cap is going to keep going up. It's _not_ going to be a total blood bath IMHO in two years or whenever. It might be a bad situation for one year when they are transitioning to a new QB - it was going to be a shit show anyway so might as well rip the bandaid off and totally suck IMHO.

This notion that the Packers went "all in" this year on Twitter seems misguided to me. I don't think they let anyone walk or anything, but they definitely could have shifted more money to the future and signed some more folks. The Rams are seemingly in this spot every year and make it work. They've had more super bowl appearances in the past 5 years than the Packers have had in 24 years despite having subpar QB play for four of 'em.

If they can get under the cap without touching Bak's contract, 'cause I think he is gone in a year or two when Elgton becomes the LT, I would probably roll with the crew they have minus Z. The

Upnorth
02-15-2022, 11:02 AM

If he gets a monster contract this is likely true. If he gives us a 25mil/ year contract I think the future could be bright until he gets hurt again.

run pMc
02-16-2022, 12:04 PM

The cap is going to keep going up. It's _not_ going to be a total blood bath IMHO in two years or whenever. It might be a bad situation for one year when they are transitioning to a new QB - it was going to be a shit show anyway so might as well rip the bandaid off and totally suck IMHO.

This notion that the Packers went "all in" this year on Twitter seems misguided to me. I don't think they let anyone walk or anything, but they definitely could have shifted more money to the future and signed some more folks. The Rams are seemingly in this spot every year and make it work. They've had more super bowl appearances in the past 5 years than the Packers have had in 24 years despite having subpar QB play for four of 'em.

If they can get under the cap without touching Bak's contract, 'cause I think he is gone in a year or two when Elgton becomes the LT, I would probably roll with the crew they have minus Z. The

I think Higgins would have been a bigger help than Jordan Love was. I'm coming around to them doing some things with the cap because it shoots way up after next year, but between then and now they still have a lot to do to get under the cap and only so many contracts/players to do that with. At some point they will be stuck with a large amount of dead cap space and a non-MVP QB, in which case that season becomes a big poison pill where they have neither great talent nor space to sign any. They'll need the draft to find that talent...but I expect that to be an ugly season in the win column.

Fosco33
02-16-2022, 01:15 PM
Single

Joemailman
02-16-2022, 01:42 PM
REPORTS AARON RODGERS AND SHAILEINE WOODLEY HAVE CALLED OFF ENGAGEMENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

call_me_ishmael
02-16-2022, 02:02 PM
I think Higgins would have been a bigger help than Jordan Love was. I'm coming around to them doing some things with the cap because it shoots way up after next year, but between then and now they still have a lot to do to get under the cap and only so many contracts/players to do that with. At some point they will be stuck with a large amount of dead cap space and a non-MVP QB, in which case that season becomes a big poison pill where they have neither great talent nor space to sign any. They'll need the draft to find that talent...but I expect that to be an ugly season in the win column.

That's okay, they're due for a stinker to rebuild IMO.

George Cumby
02-16-2022, 02:12 PM
Maybe Shailene told him he shouldn't have passed to a double covered Adams.

MadtownPacker
02-16-2022, 02:31 PM
Broke up huh? Just further proof Erin can’t score when he needs to. I’m guessing he used to get her all the way to the 10 and then leave her hanging. Could he not perform as good in the cold weather? Notice Olivia Munn got pregnant after she left Rogers?

MadtownPacker
02-16-2022, 02:32 PM
Maybe Shailene told him he shouldn't have passed to a double covered Adams. actually the problem is that Rogers gets fixated on one object. he should have several different ones to spread the love to just like on the field.

Bretsky
02-16-2022, 09:48 PM
[QUOTE=call_me_ishmael;1110881]Does anyone think they beat the niners with Higgins? How has he looked?

If they can get under the cap without touching Bak's contract, 'cause I think he is gone in a year or two when Elgton becomes the LT, I would probably roll with the crew they have minus Z. The[/

QUOTE]

Higgins is a really good WR; he's be great as our #2. Runs good patterns and a big target for the red zone. Hard to say if adding him would beat San Fran but I'd say YES he certainly might have made a difference in that game AND........the Tampa Bay Game where we could not get into the end zone

Bretsky
02-16-2022, 09:51 PM
REPORTS AARON RODGERS AND SHAILEINE WOODLEY HAVE CALLED OFF ENGAGEMENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Unverified opinion with no merit at all coming. Maybe AROD wanted to stay in GB and she wanted no part of that :)

call_me_ishmael
02-16-2022, 10:05 PM
A big reason for Denver was *her* ties to the area. Her family lives there apparently.

Personally - I'm not surprised and I'm sorta glad. She is a weirdo. A hot weirdo, but a weirdo none the less.

Rodgers needs to cut his hair and find himself a nice Wisconsin girl. Learn from the thicc boi running back.

Fritz
02-17-2022, 08:06 AM

How would signing someone else have helped? Rodgers wouldn't throw to a wide-open Lazard and passed on ESB a couple times as well. So signing another WR that Rodgers wouldn't throw to wouldn't help.

What free agent defensive lineman could they have signed that would've gotten them over the top?

Maybe they could've paid a special teams coach to come in and fix things. That might've helped.

The Packers had the pieces in place. It's not a question of signing more guys. Hell, they got healthy right at the end, except for Bak. It's special teams and Aaron Rodgers in the second half of playoff games that cost this team the past two years.

Anti-Polar Bear
02-17-2022, 08:56 AM
A big reason for Denver was *her* ties to the area. Her family lives there apparently.

Personally - I'm not surprised and I'm sorta glad. She is a weirdo. A hot weirdo, but a weirdo none the less.

Rodgers needs to cut his hair and find himself a nice Wisconsin girl. Learn from the thicc boi running back.

Maybe it’s b/c of my inability to communicate with chicks, or more likely, b/c I flip burgers for the minimum-wage, but I have been shut down by Wisconsin chicks of ALL walks of life - rich, poor, middle, black, white, yellow, brown, red, part this, part that, you name it. So I would be against Butte finding love with a Wisconsin chick.

Butte seems to dig Hollywood chicks. I say someone hook the dude up with Filipina-Canadian actress Shay Mitchell.

Anti-Polar Bear
02-17-2022, 09:57 AM
Broke up huh? Just further proof Erin can’t score when he needs to. I’m guessing he used to get her all the way to the 10 and then leave her hanging. Could he not perform as good in the cold weather? Notice Olivia Munn got pregnant after she left Rogers?

Butte and I, we both walk different walks of life. But at least we share these same deficiencies: we both are approaching 4-0; we both are devoid of wife; and we both lack offspring.

Stay tuned for the original lyrics to “A Love Song for Aaron Rodgers.” :)

texaspackerbacker
02-17-2022, 10:46 AM
Unverified opinion with no merit at all coming. Maybe AROD wanted to stay in GB and she wanted no part of that :)

I was thinking the same thing.

Joemailman
02-17-2022, 02:57 PM
Aaron Wilson
@AaronWilson_NFL

Green Bay Packers expected to hire veteran assistant and former offensive coordinator Tom Clements as their new quarterbacks coach, per league sources; Clements' addition is expected to be welcomed highly by quarterback Aaron Rodgers as he contemplates his future @PFN365

If there is a guy who can get Rodgers back to the QB who went through his progressions, rather than focusing on one receiver, it may well be Clements. He was Packers QB coach 2006-2011, and OC 2012-2014.

call_me_ishmael
02-17-2022, 08:35 PM
How would signing someone else have helped? Rodgers wouldn't throw to a wide-open Lazard and passed on ESB a couple times as well. So signing another WR that Rodgers wouldn't throw to wouldn't help.

What free agent defensive lineman could they have signed that would've gotten them over the top?

Maybe they could've paid a special teams coach to come in and fix things. That might've helped.

The Packers had the pieces in place. It's not a question of signing more guys. Hell, they got healthy right at the end, except for Bak. It's special teams and Aaron Rodgers in the second half of playoff games that cost this team the past two years.

Man IDK, I think they were pretty banged up in the last game. MVS didn't play, for example, and he changes things. It's hard to argue they were not deep at receiver this year.

The last play was bad, but I do wonder if having more options changes the other n-1 plays.

scharpcheddar
02-18-2022, 02:27 AM
Still wealthier and with less problens than you. That's where he'll
be.

oldbutnotdeadyet
02-18-2022, 06:52 AM
Single

That answer is worth an UPVOTE...

oldbutnotdeadyet
02-18-2022, 06:54 AM
Still wealthier and with less problens than you. That's where he'll
be.

I agree on wealthier part, but the rich have their own problems..

George Cumby
02-18-2022, 07:28 AM
I agree on wealthier part, but the rich have their own problems..

Wealth and fame make a gilded cage.

Don't get me wrong. I'd love a bit more wealth, just to insulate my kids.

Fritz
02-18-2022, 09:23 AM
Man IDK, I think they were pretty banged up in the last game. MVS didn't play, for example, and he changes things. It's hard to argue they were not deep at receiver this year.

The last play was bad, but I do wonder if having more options changes the other n-1 plays.

Well, I watched that All-22 video, and it seems as if Rodgers was passing on open WR's on a few occasions. I also saw a quote from him this morning (in regards to the Clements hire) that Rodgers does, at least occasionally, pre-determine who's getting the ball, regardless of coverage. My opinion is that when his scrotum starts to shrivel in the second half of playoff games, he does this more and more and more.

To contradict myself, though, it looked like on that last SB drive by the Rams, Stafford was throwing to Kupp no matter what - and it worked out. So I dunno.

I think a part of it is that I'm just sick of Aaron Rodgers as a person. And it's still about the team, so I root for them even if they employ, occasionally, domestic abusers (Ahman Green) or rapists (Mossy Cade). And Rodgers doesn't come close to that level of bad - he's just an asshole, in my opinion. But he's the face of the franchise, and that face is getting uglier and uglier.

George Cumby
02-18-2022, 11:31 AM
Remember 'cute' Aaron Rodgers? Cheekily photobombing the Team Captains? The knowing, yet endearing confidence, pointing at his imaginary Championship Belt? The guy who the team seemed to gravitate towards?

Where'd that fucker go?

Fame, fortune and influence, baby. You have enough people gobble your load for long enough, it messes up your head.

Fritz
02-18-2022, 11:51 AM
Remember 'cute' Aaron Rodgers? Cheekily photobombing the Team Captains? The knowing, yet endearing confidence, pointing at his imaginary Championship Belt? The guy who the team seemed to gravitate towards?

Where'd that fucker go?

Fame, fortune and influence, baby. You have enough people gobble your load for long enough, it messes up your head.

Same place Brett Favre went. He was "like a kid out there!" the good-time Charlie his teammates loved and loved to party with and play for. By the time he got toward the end, he had his own locker isolated from others, and felt disconnected from his teammates.

Maybe it's a part of getting older that we don't really acknowledge as having an impact on how someone plays.

call_me_ishmael
02-18-2022, 11:57 AM
People change. I'm not surprised he is a different person at 39 than 27. I know I am a hell of a lot different at 36 with kids than even 29 before kids.

George Cumby
02-18-2022, 12:30 PM
People change. I'm not surprised he is a different person at 39 than 27. I know I am a hell of a lot different at 36 with kids than even 29 before kids.

Yeah, but if your experience is anything like mine, having kids made you a better person.

IDK if Rodgers is in a better place now than he was ten years ago.

George Cumby
02-18-2022, 12:33 PM
Same place Brett Favre went. He was "like a kid out there!" the good-time Charlie his teammates loved and loved to party with and play for. By the time he got toward the end, he had his own locker isolated from others, and felt disconnected from his teammates.

Maybe it's a part of getting older that we don't really acknowledge as having an impact on how someone plays.

Fucking A.

I'm early 50's now.

A lot of the time, internally, I still feel like I'm 28.

Other times I feel like Bilbo Baggins after carrying The Ring for 50 years, too little butter spread over too much bread.

ThunderDan
02-18-2022, 12:46 PM
Fucking A.

I'm early 50's now.

A lot of the time, internally, I still feel like I'm 28.

Other times I feel like Bilbo Baggins after carrying The Ring for 50 years, too little butter spread over too much bread.

“like butter that has been scraped over too much bread.”

One of my favorite quotes from Lord of The Rings.

wthigoot
02-18-2022, 04:33 PM
Had to look up the off season events:

March 1 - Combine
March 8 - Franchise/Transition Tag
March 14 - Early Free Agency Period
March 16 - Free Agency + Trades (end of league year)
April 20 - End of Player Visits
April 22 - RFA Offer Sheets to be signed
April 28 - NFL Draft

Seems like this is up to Rodgers, so they will have to get an answer from him by March 8th or so. If he is back, it should be announced by March 1. If no announcement, they are probably trying to work out a trade that would happen March 16 or later.

I thought Rodgers was gone last year but he came back. No idea this year so I didn't vote in the poll. Either way it will be interesting.

Fritz
02-19-2022, 02:25 PM
Had to look up the off season events:

March 1 - Combine
March 8 - Franchise/Transition Tag
March 14 - Early Free Agency Period
March 16 - Free Agency + Trades (end of league year)
April 20 - End of Player Visits
April 22 - RFA Offer Sheets to be signed
April 28 - NFL Draft

Seems like this is up to Rodgers, so they will have to get an answer from him by March 8th or so. If he is back, it should be announced by March 1. If no announcement, they are probably trying to work out a trade that would happen March 16 or later.

I thought Rodgers was gone last year but he came back. No idea this year so I didn't vote in the poll. Either way it will be interesting.

Rodgers has said he wants to take a few weeks off and relax, so I'm guessing you're right - about March 8th or so. I also get the sense Rodgers enjoys keeping everyone waiting.

I also wonder if it's at all realistic that the Packers could do a sign-and-trade with Davante Adams, or if other teams would just wait them out and force the Packers to slap the franchise tag on him. At this point, it'd be exciting if the Packers could trade Rodgers and get a good haul, then sign-and-trade Adams.

Those two moves might allow them to keep Devondre Campbell and MVS and even Prestone Smith, and then we'll get to see how good a coach MLF really is.

call_me_ishmael
02-19-2022, 10:41 PM
I predict we know if he's coming back before March 3rd.

oldbutnotdeadyet
02-20-2022, 06:44 AM
I predict we know if he's coming back before March 3rd.

Why March 3? Hasn't Rodgers already said before March 8?

Joemailman
02-20-2022, 09:21 AM
I think we'll know before then. The combine starts March 1 and it will be hard to be holding talks with Rodgers then because the Combine is a very busy situation. Rodgers has said he doesn't want to drag this out. I think we'll find out before the Combine.

run pMc
02-20-2022, 10:14 AM
Bringing in Tom Clements sure seems like they are trying to lure him back, no? Do they drop $2M for a ST like Bisaccia if they don't want Rodgers back?
I've been all over the place with what will happen with Rodgers, primarily because of his cap number, but I'm thinking the front office wants him back and is willing to have a big big cap mess later to keep him.

Next week some news will break and my opinion will change again lol.

Fritz
02-20-2022, 11:14 AM
Bringing in Tom Clements sure seems like they are trying to lure him back, no? Do they drop $2M for a ST like Bisaccia if they don't want Rodgers back?
I've been all over the place with what will happen with Rodgers, primarily because of his cap number, but I'm thinking the front office wants him back and is willing to have a big big cap mess later to keep him.

Next week some news will break and my opinion will change again lol.

Sure seems that way - bringing back a coach Rodgers is comfortable with, paying big bucks to fix ST. If the Packer announce they've reworked Cobb's contract and he's coming back, then announce they've hired Jordy Nelson as a special assistant, then we know for sure.

Joemailman
02-20-2022, 01:48 PM
I don't think the hiring of Bisaccia has anything to do with Rodgers. The ST disaster against the 49ers has finally convinced the Packers that they need to make a commitment to ST. The inability to get a punt off likely cost this team a trip to the Super Bowl. That's why Bisaccia is here.

Joemailman
02-21-2022, 08:22 AM
nm

Having problems with site.

Tony Oday
02-21-2022, 10:03 AM
AR will announce tomorrow Via the McAfee show tomorrow

King Friday
02-21-2022, 10:06 AM
The Packers will be making moves well before Mar 8. If they plan to tag Adams, which would be prudent even if they expect him to leave via trade, it will mean A LOT of salary cutting will need to take place. That starts with Rodgers' contract. The Packers can't wait until the last minute to complete all this stuff. I would expect they have told him they need an answer by the end of Feb, even if it isn't publicly announced until several weeks later.

I think the hiring of Clements is an enormous sign that Rodgers is coming back. The guy was basically retired and living the good life. Do you think he is coming back without a near 100% assurance that Rodgers will be playing? Can't see him coming out of retirement to start the Jordan Love era, especially after what we've seen from Love so far. That would be an incredibly stressful job that Clements would probably have no interest in.

King Friday
02-21-2022, 10:07 AM
AR will announce tomorrow Via the McAfee show tomorrow

Maybe, but prob more likely on Mar 1

Teamcheez1
02-21-2022, 11:26 AM
Interesting to see that both McGinn and Demoskvy are criticizing AR for his postseason play i.e. playing it too safe. AR playing to his stats rather than taking risks to win the game.

hoosier
02-21-2022, 11:37 AM
Well, I watched that All-22 video, and it seems as if Rodgers was passing on open WR's on a few occasions. I also saw a quote from him this morning (in regards to the Clements hire) that Rodgers does, at least occasionally, pre-determine who's getting the ball, regardless of coverage. My opinion is that when his scrotum starts to shrivel in the second half of playoff games, he does this more and more and more.

To contradict myself, though, it looked like on that last SB drive by the Rams, Stafford was throwing to Kupp no matter what - and it worked out. So I dunno.

I think a part of it is that I'm just sick of Aaron Rodgers as a person. And it's still about the team, so I root for them even if they employ, occasionally, domestic abusers (Ahman Green) or rapists (Mossy Cade). And Rodgers doesn't come close to that level of bad - he's just an asshole, in my opinion. But he's the face of the franchise, and that face is getting uglier and uglier.

Where'd that fucker go?

Good posts, both of em.

Fritz
02-21-2022, 12:43 PM
I don't think the hiring of Bisaccia has anything to do with Rodgers. The ST disaster against the 49ers has finally convinced the Packers that they need to make a commitment to ST. The inability to get a punt off likely cost this team a trip to the Super Bowl. That's why Bisaccia is here.

I'm not sure I agree. If they were going to unload Rodgers, it's pretty clear the team will be looking at a couple of years of rocky play from Love before they can really contend - and that's if he works out. So why upset the team's coaching pay structure if you're not a serious contender? Wouldn't you try out a young guy from another team (as opposed to just doing what they have been; hiring from within)?

It's a bit of a stretch, I know. But I'm sticking with it.

Rutnstrut
02-22-2022, 01:29 AM
A lot of you in here used to criticize Favre for his off season drama. AR is worse and on top of it he's whiny.

oldbutnotdeadyet
02-22-2022, 04:52 AM
A lot of you in here used to criticize Favre for his off season drama. AR is worse and on top of it he's whiny.

Yup, but he sure throws a mean football..

jklowan
02-22-2022, 07:31 AM
What does everyone think of his instagramm post, sure sounds like he's leaving or retiring to me. Why would you thanks teamate now?

aaronrodgers12 (https://www.instagram.com/aaronrodgers12/)
Verified
Here’s some... #MondayNightGratitude (https://www.instagram.com/explore/tags/mondaynightgratitude/) for some of the incredibly special people in my life, with some pictures from the last beautiful year.

@shailenewoodley (https://www.instagram.com/shailenewoodley/), thanks for letting me chase after you the first couple months after we met, and finally letting me catch up to you and be a part of your life. Thanks for always having my back, for the incredible kindness you show me and everyone you meet, and for showing me what unconditional love looks like, I love you and am grateful for you.
To the men I got to share the QB room with everyday, Matt, Nathaniel, Luke, @jordan3love (https://www.instagram.com/jordan3love/) and @kurtbenkert (https://www.instagram.com/kurtbenkert/) , you guys made every day so much fun and I’m so thankful for the daily laughs and stress relief you brought me every week of the year. I love you guys.

To the Friday Crew, @aiydacobb (https://www.instagram.com/aiydacobb/) , @rcobb18 (https://www.instagram.com/rcobb18/) , @frankieshebby (https://www.instagram.com/frankieshebby/) , and @davidbakhtiari (https://www.instagram.com/davidbakhtiari/) , I loved every moment we got to spend together this year. Your love and support was overwhelming, and I cherish the friendships I have with each of you.
To my teammates, past and current, you are the icing on the beautiful cake we call our job; football. the friendships that we have will transcend our collective time in this game and I am so thankful for the role that each of you have played in making my life that much better. I love you guys, and cherish the memories we’ve made.

To everyone else,
Spread love and gratitude you beautiful people, and read a book once in a while too while you’re at it. Love and peace ❤️❤️

call_me_ishmael
02-22-2022, 08:49 AM
He has Twitter in quite the kerfuffle. Today is the day, hes going on McAfee to announce what’s happening today.

George Cumby
02-22-2022, 09:03 AM

Tex is the only one I see polishing his Holiness' knob anymore. Virtually everyone else is dogging him pretty hard.

Jereamiah
02-22-2022, 10:01 AM
Rodgers plays in Carolina next year

call_me_ishmael
02-22-2022, 10:21 AM
Assuming he really is on McAfee today, I don't see him retiring or taking his talents to south beach. He will someday have a classy retirement ceremony on his own terms like Peyton did or announce it with a post on social media - then do the retirement ceremony. Frankly I'm surprised Brady hasn't done it yet but a lot of folks are speculating he just wanted out of Tampa.

He isn't going to pull a LeBron because we all saw how poorly that played out - and dude even was raising money for charity.

So the only option I see is that he is returning to GB and announcing an extension today.

oldbutnotdeadyet
02-22-2022, 10:23 AM
The Packers will be making moves well before Mar 8. If they plan to tag Adams, which would be prudent even if they expect him to leave via trade, it will mean A LOT of salary cutting will need to take place. That starts with Rodgers' contract. The Packers can't wait until the last minute to complete all this stuff. I would expect they have told him they need an answer by the end of Feb, even if it isn't publicly announced until several weeks later.

I think the hiring of Clements is an enormous sign that Rodgers is coming back. The guy was basically retired and living the good life. Do you think he is coming back without a near 100% assurance that Rodgers will be playing? Can't see him coming out of retirement to start the Jordan Love era, especially after what we've seen from Love so far. That would be an incredibly stressful job that Clements would probably have no interest in.

Money speaks VERY loudly..

Jereamiah
02-22-2022, 10:26 AM
What does everyone think of his instagramm post, sure sounds like he's leaving or retiring to me. Why would you thanks teamate now?

aaronrodgers12 (https://www.instagram.com/aaronrodgers12/)
Verified
Here’s some... #MondayNightGratitude (https://www.instagram.com/explore/tags/mondaynightgratitude/) for some of the incredibly special people in my life, with some pictures from the last beautiful year.

@shailenewoodley (https://www.instagram.com/shailenewoodley/), thanks for letting me chase after you the first couple months after we met, and finally letting me catch up to you and be a part of your life. Thanks for always having my back, for the incredible kindness you show me and everyone you meet, and for showing me what unconditional love looks like, I love you and am grateful for you.
To the men I got to share the QB room with everyday, Matt, Nathaniel, Luke, @jordan3love (https://www.instagram.com/jordan3love/) and @kurtbenkert (https://www.instagram.com/kurtbenkert/) , you guys made every day so much fun and I’m so thankful for the daily laughs and stress relief you brought me every week of the year. I love you guys.

To the Friday Crew, @aiydacobb (https://www.instagram.com/aiydacobb/) , @rcobb18 (https://www.instagram.com/rcobb18/) , @frankieshebby (https://www.instagram.com/frankieshebby/) , and @davidbakhtiari (https://www.instagram.com/davidbakhtiari/) , I loved every moment we got to spend together this year. Your love and support was overwhelming, and I cherish the friendships I have with each of you.
To my teammates, past and current, you are the icing on the beautiful cake we call our job; football. the friendships that we have will transcend our collective time in this game and I am so thankful for the role that each of you have played in making my life that much better. I love you guys, and cherish the memories we’ve made.

To everyone else,
Spread love and gratitude you beautiful people, and read a book once in a while too while you’re at it. Love and peace ❤️❤️

Hard to tell what he is doing. Maybe he was just buzzed up, drunk-tweeting. It happens. Been reading alot of interesting posts and replies in here. Seeing some realists who accept the fact that the team will look drastically different come June and I am seeing some completely deluded homers who swear up and down that the cap does not matter, and that Rodgers and Adams and basically the whole team will be back, and that next year, next year is THE YEAR. I suspect that the reality of your teams pending offseason moves will be somewhere in between those two scenerios. They WILL tag Adams, if only to buy time to keep negotiating with him. They can't come to an agreement? He gets traded. Bottom line, there is no way, none, that the Packers retain both Rodgers and Adams. There just isn't. It's one or the other, not both, and probably, both are gone. Doesn't matter which one of those two are gone, the result will be a very different team. In my opinion, Rodgers is traded, Adams is tagged, and is traded after the Packers simply refuse to pay him what he is asking to be paid.

Joemailman
02-22-2022, 11:07 AM
Rodgers on McAfee at about noon.

George Cumby
02-22-2022, 11:16 AM
Hard to tell what he is doing. Maybe he was just buzzed up, drunk-tweeting. It happens. Been reading alot of interesting posts and replies in here. Seeing some realists who accept the fact that the team will look drastically different come June and I am seeing some completely deluded homers who swear up and down that the cap does not matter, and that Rodgers and Adams and basically the whole team will be back, and that next year, next year is THE YEAR. I suspect that the reality of your teams pending offseason moves will be somewhere in between those two scenerios. They WILL tag Adams, if only to buy time to keep negotiating with him. They can't come to an agreement? He gets traded. Bottom line, there is no way, none, that the Packers retain both Rodgers and Adams. There just isn't. It's one or the other, not both, and probably, both are gone. Doesn't matter which one of those two are gone, the result will be a very different team. In my opinion, Rodgers is traded, Adams is tagged, and is traded after the Packers simply refuse to pay him what he is asking to be paid.

Good post.

HarveyWallbangers
02-22-2022, 11:41 AM
Good post.

Not really. They can retain both Adams and Rodgers, if they want. It's been spelled out numerous times how it can happen. Lots of contracts have the flexibility to be reworked. We'll lose guys (e.g. Big Z is as good as gone). Unfortunately, Campbell and Douglas will likely get more than we can afford, but we lose guys every year. They may not want to pay Adams over $25m/year though.

texaspackerbacker
02-22-2022, 12:08 PM
Tex is the only one I see polishing his Holiness' knob anymore. Virtually everyone else is dogging him pretty hard.

No. It's just that the few idiots who spew hate about Rodgers are whining louder and more often these days hahahaha.

RashanGary
02-22-2022, 12:56 PM
Rodgers on McAfee. He looked really healthy. Just got off of some cleanse he was on.

Has not made a decision yet but will soon.

Said people close to him took a lot of flack for being his friend after the vax thing and felt bad about that.

I think he will be back. The positivity between both parties seems genuine.

Joemailman
02-22-2022, 02:19 PM
Rodgers on McAfee. He looked really healthy. Just got off of some cleanse he was on.

Has not made a decision yet but will soon.

Said people close to him took a lot of flack for being his friend after the vax thing and felt bad about that.

I think he will be back. The positivity between both parties seems genuine.

I think so too. Kind of funny, or maybe sad, the reaction after he posts on IG about how much he appreciates the people he's close to. He must be drunk or an attention whore because he didn't talk about the things a lot of people are wondering about.

Fritz
02-22-2022, 02:52 PM
I think so too. Kind of funny, or maybe sad, the reaction after he posts on IG about how much he appreciates the people he's close to. He must be drunk or an attention whore because he didn't talk about the things a lot of people are wondering about.

It's funny and noteworthy to me that the ACME Packing Company talks about the non-decision today as if it's between coming back to the Packers and . . . retiring.

If that's the case, I think things have changed for Rodgers significantly in the last year. Hell, it was not long ago that he was talking about wanting to play into his mid-40's, I think - that he wanted to play for a long while but he did not know if the Packers really wanted him. Now the Packers are saying they want him, but suddenly he's talking about retiring. Things seem to have changed for him - the way he's talking now, it's hard to imagine him playing any more than, say, two more seasons, tops.

So maybe that's why the Packers were public about throwing lots of money at him: they know now it's only for another two seasons, and they don't want him to retire yet. I would think Love could use another season to watch and learn. He seems pretty raw.

It's all so weird.

Sparkey
02-22-2022, 03:24 PM
Aaron Rodgers = Drama Llama

Upnorth
02-22-2022, 04:23 PM
No. It's just that the few idiots who spew hate about Rodgers are whining louder and more often these days hahahaha.

Just because someone has a different viewpoint on his holiness doesn't make it hate. Hate would be saying he us garbage and overrated.
Saying he may be worth more to our team in trade than in uniform isn't hate. It's a viewpoint you don't agree with. That's it.

King Friday
02-23-2022, 09:11 AM
Aaron Rodgers = Drama Llama

Got that right. The whole "woman at home" thing is comical. Woodley never set foot in Green Bay when Rodgers was there during the season. What in the hell would Rodgers know about a steady home life? He has no kids. He has no dependents. He doesn't know the first damn thing about a true home life. The only thing Rodgers worries about is himself. It's why he can't hold down an actual relationship with a woman. He's an incredibly selfish individual who struggles to get out of his own way as a person. The fame is not a help to him in that regard.

Fritz
02-23-2022, 12:33 PM
Just because someone has a different viewpoint on his holiness doesn't make it hate. Hate would be saying he us garbage and overrated.
Saying he may be worth more to our team in trade than in uniform isn't hate. It's a viewpoint you don't agree with. That's it.

Aaron Rodgers has been garbage in the past two second halves of the playoff games against Tampa and SF the last two years. He's overrated.

texaspackerbacker
02-23-2022, 12:36 PM

And you think a lot of dumbasses in here aren't saying exactly that? sheeesh.

There's the a lot of things I don't care for about Rodgers too. This silly crap about a "cleanse" or whatever the hell weirdness the talked about on Macafee is the most recent thing that comes to mind. I'd like to think he is somehow just ridiculing the idea that some people are stupid enough to buy that crap, but probably he did it for real. The bottom line, though, to me is that Rodgers is the primary reason why I and sensible Packer fans enjoy about 13 or so gamedays every season. That's what's important. Even if all this idiocy about his alleged ego or whatever else the whiny shitheads complain about was true, it's Trumped (no evil p word intended) by giving us consistently winning football.

texaspackerbacker
02-23-2022, 01:07 PM
Watching Gutekunst's presscon on YouTube now ....... some of the questions of these half assed media pukes really reminds me of a lot of the stupidity I read from some in here. Gutkunst is doing a good job of farting off their idiocy. It must be hard to have that patience to not just tell the damn media fools how damn dumb they are.

King Friday
02-24-2022, 08:23 AM
And you think a lot of dumbasses in here aren't saying exactly that? sheeesh.

There's the a lot of things I don't care for about Rodgers too. This silly crap about a "cleanse" or whatever the hell weirdness the talked about on Macafee is the most recent thing that comes to mind. I'd like to think he is somehow just ridiculing the idea that some people are stupid enough to buy that crap, but probably he did it for real. The bottom line, though, to me is that Rodgers is the primary reason why I and sensible Packer fans enjoy about 13 or so gamedays every season. That's what's important. Even if all this idiocy about his alleged ego or whatever else the whiny shitheads complain about was true, it's Trumped (no evil p word intended) by giving us consistently winning football.

I will enjoy Packer games even when Rodgers leaves. If the Niners can win with Jimmy G, the Packers can find a way to win with a lesser QB. Having Rodgers to this point hasn't exactly gotten us to the mountaintop.

Winning 13 times in the regular season and losing poorly in the playoffs every year is not what I want. The only thing that matters is titles. I'll gladly take a 1-15 season to have the chance to acquire another top level QB who can play for 10+ seasons.

To this point, Rodgers hasn't delivered, and there really isn't a ton of evidence to suggest he will suddenly start to. He's too worried about his aura, colon cleaning, and bad hair. If he was truly committed to winning, he would not demand the highest paid moniker...and would do what is necessary to build a dominant roster around him. I would like to think that is what will happen, but I doubt it.

Joemailman
02-24-2022, 08:27 AM
Dianna Russini
@diannaESPN

Aaron Rodgers will be informing the Packers of his decision soon, per league sources. I’m told there are multiple teams with offers on the table but of course, nothing can happen until the Green Bay Packers allow a trade.

George Cumby
02-24-2022, 10:03 AM
Dianna Russini
@diannaESPN

Aaron Rodgers will be informing the Packers of his decision soon, per league sources. I’m told there are multiple teams with offers on the table but of course, nothing can happen until the Green Bay Packers allow a trade.

*Greed Intensifies*

Fritz
02-24-2022, 10:09 AM
I did like the gossipy, non-evidence-based tweet (none was offered, anyway) that there are multiple offers on the table for Rodgers. I think that was from the same person who offered the above.

I know Rodgers gives this team the best chance to win in the short term. But two years in a row he's pooped the bed in a playoff game (at least in the second half of them), and I question whether it's worth all the money and the drama to get to the playoffs with a good record, only to have the MVP play like a PMV (poorly motivated player). So a part of me just wants to be done, and for the Packers to get a haul like no other for him. First and second-round draft picks! Young NFL players who have only played a year or two! Hot women! (oops.)

I'll take another year or two of Rodgers just because I'm a selfish fan and like to see them win. I'll take a trade of Rodgers and a big haul for him, and the sense of a new adventure. The worst case scenario is that he just hangs them up and rides off into the sunset, his colon cleansed.