PDA

View Full Version : Tom Brady to retire ?

Sparkey
01-29-2022, 01:31 PM
https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/01/29/report-tom-brady-retirement-announcement-likely-coming-soon

Joemailman
01-29-2022, 01:39 PM
Looks like.

Adam Schefter
@AdamSchefter

Tom Brady is retiring from football after 22 extraordinary seasons, multiple sources tell @JeffDarlington and me.

Wonder if Bucs get in the Rodgers sweepstakes. Arians loves to throw downfield. Rodgers would fit in well in that offense.

King Friday
01-29-2022, 01:55 PM
Sounds official... Giselle must really want him back home to mow the yard.

Joemailman
01-29-2022, 02:03 PM
Sounds official... Giselle must really want him back home to mow the yard.

Gronk probably retiring. Several other key players are FA's. Arians' health isn't great. Might have seen the writing on the wall.

oldbutnotdeadyet
01-29-2022, 02:07 PM
Looks like.

Wonder if Bucs get in the Rodgers sweepstakes. Arians loves to throw downfield. Rodgers would fit in well in that offense.

The more in the Rodgers sweepstakes, the better for us..

Joemailman
01-29-2022, 03:42 PM
JCPrincipal
@principal_jc

Replying to @mattschneidman
Does this increase the chances of Rodgers not retiring, so he doesn't have to enter the HOF the same year at TB12?

If Rodgers was thinking of retiring? Yes.

Joemailman
01-29-2022, 03:58 PM
Tom Pelissero
@TomPelissero
Tom Brady’s father, agent and team have now denied that Brady has decided to retire, and his company deleted a tweet. That doesn’t mean Brady won’t retire soon; he’s 44 and acknowledged after last week’s game he will evaluate his future.

Adam Schefter
@AdamSchefter
Statement from Tom Brady’s agent Don Yee:
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FKS_bp8XMAkgQDo?format=jpg&name=900x900
2:33 PM · Jan 29, 2022·Twitter for iPhone

K Burgess Retweeted
Mina Kimes
@minakimes

Makes me think they're still putting the final touches on the retirement video. I expect better production quality than all of the Matrix movies combined. Elite cinematography. Narration from Morgan Freeman. A 500-member children's choir. I can't wait.

Well played Mina.

run pMc
01-29-2022, 06:18 PM
Well played Mina.

LOL I expect something much better than Russell Wilson finger rehab video.

So there are all kinds of rumors (too much smoke to not be a fire) including Mike Evans posting something on teh Twitterz, but no official announcement yet. My guess is TB waits until there's a nice window for media attention.
Not the most talented guy, but he might have got the most out of his talent. In terms of winning, dude is the GOAT.

call_me_ishmael
01-29-2022, 07:34 PM
A legendary career. Wouldn’t shock me if TB calls for Aaron.

red
01-29-2022, 08:01 PM
uhoh

he's pulling a favre now

Joemailman
01-29-2022, 08:04 PM
uhoh

he's pulling a favre now

What color crocs?

red
01-29-2022, 09:40 PM
What color crocs?

if he was dumb enough to pull a "little favre" then giselle would have 99.9% of the men on this planet and about 90% of the women lined up outside her door within minutes

MadtownPacker
01-30-2022, 11:37 AM
if he was dumb enough to pull a "little favre" then giselle would have 99.9% of the men on this planet and about 90% of the women lined up outside her door within minutes
Haha! I never understood the condemnation of old Brett for acting a perv. Nothing wrong with trying to bang that hot little sideline brunette. I am willing to bet Red has sent a cock pic in his life. May not even have been to a female! :lol:

BTW Giselle just isn’t that pretty. Brigette Monaghan was hotter and he dumped her knocked up. Tommy always scores when he need to I guess!

King Friday
01-30-2022, 11:58 AM
Apparently he gets a 15M bonus payout 2/4. He won't retire before then or he loses the money.

red
01-30-2022, 02:05 PM
Haha! I never understood the condemnation of old Brett for acting a perv. Nothing wrong with trying to bang that hot little sideline brunette. I am willing to bet Red has sent a cock pic in his life. May not even have been to a female! :lol:

BTW Giselle just isn’t that pretty. Brigette Monaghan was hotter and he dumped her knocked up. Tommy always scores when he need to I guess!

I'M NOT SENDING DICK PICS TO ANY DUDES!!!!!!!

giselle is like a 7 or 8, but the fact that shes worth a half billion dollars bumps her up to a 9 or 10

Joemailman
02-01-2022, 09:55 AM
Brady makes it official.

Which pretty much guarantees Rodgers won't retire.

Anti-Polar Bear
02-01-2022, 10:37 AM
Brady makes it official.

Which pretty much guarantees Rodgers won't retire.

With only a fluke ring, if he retires, Butte will be in the shadow of the GOAT and Rapistbuger at the HOF ceremony 5 years down the road. Yes, the Rapist has more rings than Butte.

I hope Butte returns to cold, dark and dull Green Bay…and wins another ring in the Green and Musta Yella.

Anti-Polar Bear
02-01-2022, 10:45 AM
That being said, Brady will probably unretire in July to play for that other pirate team, you know the one in desert.

George Cumby
02-01-2022, 11:17 AM
A legendary career. Wouldn’t shock me if TB calls for Aaron.

Does TB have the draft capital to make that happen?

Joemailman
02-01-2022, 11:27 AM
Does TB have the draft capital to make that happen?

Just their own picks.

call_me_ishmael
02-01-2022, 12:14 PM
I would be surprised if they'd trade him to TB, but if they're gonna rebuild maybe.

I don't think it's going to take as much draft capital as others do. Stafford went for a lot, sure, but they also took the albatross of Goff's contract AND he was 5 years younger. Plus less tread on the tires - never played in post season lol.

If they get a single R1, I would be satisfied. If they get an R1 and an R2 or R3, I would be overjoyed.

If they took back an albatross of a QB contract, I would be cool with it but would want to see the Stafford package then.

run pMc
02-05-2022, 04:18 PM
I think even though Rodgers is aging and doesn't have many good years left some team would give up at least 2 high round picks plus a player or two. He's been the MVP the last 2 years... some team that thinks they are close will take that gamble.
Agree the player(s) that came back in a deal would either have to be young & cheap or expensive but good. Taking a big contract back would certainly require additional picks.

Did Brady get his bonus money even though he announced it early? I wouldn't have said anything until then if I were him.