PDA

View Full Version : WHAT DO YOU WANT GB TO DO WITH AARON RODGERS ??????

Bretsky
02-14-2022, 02:21 PM
This is truly up for debate as well. Let me start with this.

Reports are everywhere, from inside reporters to outside. that Aaron Rodgers wants to be the highest paid QB in the NFL. This will undoubtedly come with sacrifices if we choose to do that.

Either we'll lose a lot of players due to the salary cap, OR we will lose some players (but not as many) and still mortgage our future. I think Signing Adams to an insanely expensive contract (which he has probably earned) will come along with signing AROD. Hopefully we don't piss away a roster spot with Cobb again but there could be smaller contingencies to appease AROD that don't align, by themselves, as the best moves to help GB succeed.

So in the end, with either option, IMO signing Rodgers to this $$ will be a bad move unless GB wins a Super Bowl.

If GB would decide to choose to trade Rodgers, and perhaps Adams, they can stock up on some awesome draft picks and/or young players. Some of the Packer beat writers have written that they are better off trading him, using the picks to build a young and dominant defense for many years to come, and finding out of the Love Machine is the real deal is the smarter long term move. WHICH, in reality, if resigning AROD does not result in winning the big show, they are probably right.

SO HERE's the TOUCH POLL QUESTION; the ones I love and the ones those who try not to give strong opinions don't necessarily love.

And don't be a p@ssy and choose option 3. Do you want GB to sign AROD or trade him ?????

Bretsky
02-14-2022, 02:27 PM
And while I know it's not fair, I think AROD wants to figure out how to stay here.

So the above poll assumes that GB has the option to trade our keep him. Speak your mind; what do you want GB to do ?

call_me_ishmael
02-14-2022, 02:55 PM
The smart long term play is to trade him obviously. The short term question is do you think you have a shot at the title with him? Man, I think they should have won it this year, so, I guess to that end I think they're closer with him then without him, and I cannot speculate on what the roster looks like with him to know if they'll be similarly close.

Here's an interesting question: Are you cool totally sucking for 4 years after winning a super bowl? I think I am, although it'd be rough at the time.

jklowan
02-14-2022, 02:55 PM
I say the window on the Rodgers era has closed, loved his time here but I am a Packers fan and do not want to run at the superbowl one last time and then go into salary cap hell with no talent on the team. If they trade Rodgers they will be able to keep some talent here and not go into cap hell. I am also hopeful that the pick we would get in return will help with the restock. I am not certain Love is the answer but am not willing to write off the pick as he has not really gotten a good chance to shine, no game planning for his skills set etc... The North will be bad for a bit and that should help with the rebuilding not being so ugly. I am hopeful they get rid of him and start the new ERA. Let Rodgers last few years of drama be someone else's problem, let's keep the focus on football.

I also think that this team is not trading Adams, that is a fan pipedream, we do not have the cap space to even entertain the idea, but I also do not want to even entertain the idea of resigning a 30 yr old receiver. Start fresh with some youngins, take the 3rd comp pick

George Cumby
02-14-2022, 02:57 PM
THIS is the poll.

The team transcends the individual.

Just like with Bert.

Trade him for the future.

oldbutnotdeadyet
02-14-2022, 03:07 PM
Yup, team ALWAYS wins over individual..trade him, if we can..

Joemailman
02-14-2022, 03:14 PM
This is a really tough call for 2 reasons. One is that Love isn't tested enough to know if Love is the guy. The other is that this is a weak QB class in the draft, so it's not that they can likely draft the next franchise QB if they think Love is not the guy.

I went with keeping Rodgers. If you keep Rodgers, you have probably a 90% chance of making the playoffs. If you're in the playoffs, and you have a QB, you have a shot. Maybe the Packers get lucky and they don't get the #1 seed and aren't playing at frigid Lambeau in late January. Remember, the last time the Packers won the Super Bowl they were on the road and Rodgers played his best games (Atlanta and Super Bowl) in domes.

The last 2 teams to let a HOF QB get away, Colts (Manning) and Patriots (Brady) had to watch as the teams their QB's went to won Super Bowls while they wallowed. I now it's not a perfect comparison because the Packers can get considerable compensation for Rodgers whereas those teams did not. Still. it's hard to deny those teams missed their HOF QB once they were gone.

MadScientist
02-14-2022, 10:57 PM
If they can get a really good package, they should trade him. Keeping Rodgers will mean weakening the rest of the team, enough that it will be 3 years of one and done in the playoffs, followed by a complete rebuild. I suspect they either won't get a good enough package ( since there is only 1 year left), or they are too cowardly to make the bold call and will fondle Aaron's balls till he signs an extension.

Upnorth
02-15-2022, 10:42 AM
Man, I dont know. If love is garbage teading him is soooooo risky.
If he wants a lot of money keeping him is soooooo risky.

If he came back.cheap, gotra keep him. If he doesn't gotta trade him.
Can't see him retiring.

Guess I'll vote trade him now.
This whole situation sucks. Went all in last year and got nothing. Sigh.

Upnorth
02-15-2022, 10:44 AM
I hate this poll. Let me live in blissful ignorance. Im still waiting to watch the nfc divisional round. We should beat SF. It's this Sunday right???? Gotta be soon, can only make the Superbowl wait so long for us right???

(Ps im now only 29, my hair has no grey and life is perfect. Denile is a great lifestyle choice)

texaspackerbacker
02-15-2022, 01:16 PM
Seems like some people are still buying into the crap about cap problems. LaFleur said what I've been saying all along, it can be handled, and they've got a plan to handle it.

As for the idea of all in last season and nothing for it, 13-4 regular season is NOT nothing. Myself, I want 3-5 or more years of 13-4, 14-3, or whatever, playoffs and super Bowl be damned. If we get there, great. If we don't, it's still a helluva good season, unlike the mediocrity some people are craving who want to get rid of Rodgers.

Freak Out
02-15-2022, 03:21 PM
Work with him on a reasonable extension if he wants one. I wouldn't mortgage the farm just to lock him up for a couple more years.

Upnorth
02-15-2022, 03:55 PM
Seems like some people are still buying into the crap about cap problems. LaFleur said what I've been saying all along, it can be handled, and they've got a plan to handle it.

As for the idea of all in last season and nothing for it, 13-4 regular season is NOT nothing. Myself, I want 3-5 or more years of 13-4, 14-3, or whatever, playoffs and super Bowl be damned. If we get there, great. If we don't, it's still a helluva good season, unlike the mediocrity some people are craving who want to get rid of Rodgers.

Of course we can work something to keep him. My fears are what we might lose if we give him a huge contract

King Friday
02-18-2022, 02:19 PM
If he truly wants a deal that makes him the highest paid QB...buh-bye. Trade him to the highest bidder. The roster is already too top heavy in salary to accommodate Rodgers making premium money.

If he was willing to sign a reasonable deal that allowed the team to adequately build around him for a title, I would keep him. It doesn't seem like that is an option.

King Friday
02-18-2022, 02:21 PM

MLF sucks Rodgers dick. Thinking he is a partial observer is lunacy.

texaspackerbacker
02-18-2022, 05:06 PM
Whatever it takes to coach a winning team hahahaha. Clearly, the Packers are better off by a large margin for as many years as Rodgers plays for Green Bay - I doubt anybody is stupid enough to disagree with that. Where the disagreement comes in is what comes after - when, how bad, and how long? What I've said consistently, what LaFleur is saying also, and what is gonna happen is that we keep Rodgers, and we do it without some sort of all out disaster x number of years from now when we finally don't have Rodgers. Do any of ya'all seriously think LaFleur foresees a dark future of losing in x number of years? What's he gonna do? Retire like that weird McVey rumor? Leave the Packers and go coach somewhere else?

Prediction: 5 years give or take of success with Rodgers, then a couple or three slightly down years but still better than anybody else in the division and all but a few teams in the league, then (hopefully) finding our next superstar QB and being back on top. What's not gonna happen? the drop off that panicky fools who don't understand the cap whine about

Bretsky
02-18-2022, 10:00 PM
In the end of we keep Rodgers and pay him market value it will be the right move if we win a Super Bowl under him.

George Cumby
02-18-2022, 11:51 PM
^ IF

texaspackerbacker
02-19-2022, 12:19 AM
A couple of weeks after any given Super Bowl, it's hard to remember who was even in it, much less who won. On the other hand, everybody knows who the top teams are and who is on the bottom - all year every year. Hopefully, we win multiple Super Bowls through the rest of Rodgers' years, but if we don't, we don't - no big deal (to me at least) as long as we win 13 or 14 or more games every year.

I'd make the same kind of argument for college football, college basketball, probably NBA and MLB too. Other than the Bucks, I can't even recall who won in any of those last year.

Teamcheez1
02-19-2022, 12:19 PM
In the end of we keep Rodgers and pay him market value it will be the right move if we win a Super Bowl under him.

Here’s the thing. Everybody talks about Love being the anchor that will drag MLF/Gute down. In the end, it may actually be Rodgers. If they don’t win a SB with Rodgers and maxing the cap, neither of them may get a shot at the rebuild

Fritz
02-19-2022, 02:11 PM
If they can get a really good package, they should trade him. Keeping Rodgers will mean weakening the rest of the team, enough that it will be 3 years of one and done in the playoffs, followed by a complete rebuild. I suspect they either won't get a good enough package ( since there is only 1 year left), or they are too cowardly to make the bold call and will fondle Aaron's balls till he signs an extension.

"Hey, Aaron - we just traded you, man. We got a really good package for you!"

https://i.pinimg.com/474x/72/a6/83/72a683207f667118338c394e146272dc--sexy-guys-sexy-men.jpg

George Cumby
02-19-2022, 06:58 PM
'TF is wrong with you, Fritz!?

RashanGary
02-19-2022, 07:35 PM
Fritz has posted penis pictures several times. Once he said Darnell Savage was like a guided missile and posted a picture of an erect penis. I don't know what this all means. Fritz, do you have something to tell us?

Fritz
02-20-2022, 09:31 AM
Just trying to keep things equal here. We get the T & A pictures all the time - I have contributed a few of my own - but I want our female, heterosexual posters to feel included.

I bring people together.

And I enjoy making you guys cringe sometimes.

Joemailman
03-08-2022, 04:12 PM
Eat it, whiners, shitheads and media pukes!

RashanGary
03-08-2022, 04:27 PM
Tex makes a point. You do not remember who wins most Super Bowls. You remember the teams that win multiple Super Bowls. And then you remember teams of eras. The 2000s colts. The 90s, 2000s and 2010s packers. The 90s bills. It is not all about Super Bowls. People remember other things.

texaspackerbacker
03-08-2022, 04:31 PM
hahahahahahahaha Hell Yeah to what Joe (sarcastically?) said!

The Packers are gonna be better off for the foreseeable future because of today's news. All Packer fans will benefit, and it will be downright funny seeing/reading/listening to these "whiners, shitheads and media pukes" grudgingly have to admit what a bunch of ignorant fools they were - regarding the cap and just in general.

Hell yeah to what RG said too.

Bretsky
03-08-2022, 09:08 PM
Just trying to keep things equal here. We get the T & A pictures all the time - I have contributed a few of my own - but I want our female, heterosexual posters to feel included.

I bring people together.

And I enjoy making you guys cringe sometimes.

WTH Fritz; have you gone insane :))

PLUS, who are our female posters ? Red..........lol.............I don't think we have any

Bretsky
03-08-2022, 09:08 PM
Tex makes a point. You do not remember who wins most Super Bowls. You remember the teams that win multiple Super Bowls. And then you remember teams of eras. The 2000s colts. The 90s, 2000s and 2010s packers. The 90s bills. It is not all about Super Bowls. People remember other things.

TEAMS DON"T REMEMBER the FARTS in the WIND

We need to be more !

Fritz
03-09-2022, 09:18 AM
I remember my dog's farts in the wind. Ugh.