PDA

View Full Version : NFL Free Agency/Offseason Thread

Pages : 1 [2]

call_me_ishmael
08-21-2022, 10:32 PM
Pretty sure my sister has dealth with mens antics quite a bit in her life. As has my wife. I count on them to be strong and tell men to fuck off. They seem to do it well without getting 6 figure settlements (which I'm not necessarily against).

Most dude's aren't 6'2" and 220 lbs of pure muscle though. The power dynamics are something else. I am sure a lot of the girls were happy to go a long and are in it for the money but I am sure many of them felt they had to comply.

smuggler
08-22-2022, 05:19 PM
Feelings are like assholes. Everyone has them and they don't really factor into things, except (horse)shit.

Fritz
08-23-2022, 10:39 AM
I'd say Aaron Rodgers's feelings factored into a lot of what the Packers have done this past offseason or two...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qV-eccq-988

smuggler
08-23-2022, 03:01 PM
Aaron ia responsible for his own feelings. The Packers are responsible for conducting business in a responsible, respectful way. Big difference.

Fritz
08-24-2022, 09:56 AM
But I'd say his feelings impacted their decisions. Pretty directly.

smuggler
08-25-2022, 08:32 PM
What Aaron ultimately did was communicate some deficiencies in behavior to the front office, and they made corrections. His motivations, we can only guess. But obviously he wasn't happy with some of the standards. Action, though, brought change. Not emotion.

The concept is that we don't want to get into the practice of fagging down to emotional instability. Communication is not emotion, it's action.

Fritz
08-26-2022, 09:53 AM
My feelings are hurt now.

Joemailman
08-31-2022, 07:49 PM
49ers cutting RB Trey Sermon. He was the 88th pick in the 2021 draft.

call_me_ishmael
08-31-2022, 11:11 PM
Is it just me or does it seem like there are a lot of high picks from 2021 cut? The covid draft, after all.

Joemailman
08-31-2022, 11:30 PM
Is it just me or does it seem like there are a lot of high picks from 2021 cut? The covid draft, after all.

That was considered to be a weak draft because players were given an extra year of eligibility.

bobblehead
09-01-2022, 11:47 AM
My feelings are hurt now.

So take action dammit!

bobblehead
09-01-2022, 11:59 AM
Not to get too sidetracked by getting back to NFL hypocrisy, but I saw the NFL decided that Aaron Donald assaulting guys in practice isn't their area to get involved in....only what happens in massage rooms.

The idea that if Aaron Donald does EXACTLY what Myles Garret did the NFL just can't bother to be involved because it was in practice is.....well, pick your synonym for outright fucking stupid.

To be clear, what DeSean did was in a massage room. Mychal Kendricks got 8 fucking games for INSIDER TRADING.

But Aaron? He is a star on an L.A. roster of defending superbowl champs. Can't even look at him cross eyed for swinging a bengals players helmet all over the place in the middle of a brawl.

Get some fucking consistency for fucks sake. Guys get suspended for fights all the time. Again, the Myles Garret incident was nearly identical. Goodell is a joke.

Joemailman
09-01-2022, 08:09 PM
Blake Martinez released by the Giants.

Fritz
09-02-2022, 04:52 AM
Wow. Shows you how much this defense is improved that nobody on this forum would even bother with a post about re-signing him, even though after former Packers are released elsewhere the usual reactions is to sign 'em back up in Green Bay. But Martinez - ugh. Slow. This defense isn't slow any more.

run pMc
09-02-2022, 08:45 AM
Martinez wasn't bad, he just wasn't great either. He certainly wasn't worth $10M a year for what he did.
We hadn't seen really good ILB play in so long some probably overvalued him. I wish him well, but I don't wish Gute to sign him. They have a pretty good set of ILBs.

smuggler
09-02-2022, 07:58 PM
Didn't watch the Aaron Donald video. Did he hit anyone in the head with the helmet?

run pMc
09-03-2022, 01:47 PM
Didn't watch the Aaron Donald video. Did he hit anyone in the head with the helmet?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FbhaB9OMIf4

Apparently nobody was hurt, and it was technically a practice and not a game, so the NFL will probably leave it up to the Rams to determine discipline.

I'm not sure I fully agree, but I suspect it's because nobody was hurt. if someone had been hurt you're talking about possibly criminal or civil actions (see: Bill Romanowski breaking eye sockets).

Teamcheez1
09-04-2022, 01:25 PM
The Packers should really excel this year as their bookend corners, 2017 2nd round draft pick Kevin King and 2018 2nd round draft pick Josh Jackson, hit their prime.

Hard to believe both are out of the league now.

Fritz
09-05-2022, 09:43 AM
The Packers should really excel this year as their bookend corners, 2017 2nd round draft pick Kevin King and 2018 2nd round draft pick Josh Jackson, hit their prime.

Hard to believe both are out of the league now.

Thompson rolled the dice on King, knowing he had an injury history but hoping King would overcome that. He never did, and the extra fourth round pick he acquired in exchange for what became TJ Watt for the Steelers was . . . Vince Biegel. That and Gute's pooping the bed on Jackson (though he hit big on Jaire Alexander) is what happened there. Good thing he drafted Alexander. I suppose the lesson there is if you're going to draft two guys in the same position in either the same draft or in two drafts in a row, you'd better hit on at least one of them or you're in trouble. Or be like Ron Wolf and just draft three in a row.

smuggler
09-05-2022, 02:16 PM
Ah yes, the old Moss maneuver. One of those picks became Ahman Green and the other was Mike McKenzie. Not so bad, honestly.

Fritz
09-07-2022, 01:54 AM
True. It did work out, once he traded Vinson for Green. But it's funny to see that Gute did a later-round version of that with that Moore guy in the fourth, St. Brown in the fifth, and MVS in the sixth, I think.

run pMc
11-07-2022, 04:01 PM
Indy HC Frank Reich fired

Jeff Saturday is interim HC.

Fritz
11-07-2022, 04:30 PM
Wow.Frank Reich was the golden boy for about three years, wasn't he?

Kinda like a certain green-and-gold coach I know...

Joemailman
11-07-2022, 04:45 PM
GM gives Reich a washed up Matt Ryan at QB to work with and then fires him when that doesn't work. Wrong guy got fired.

Bretsky
11-07-2022, 05:38 PM
GM gives Reich a washed up Matt Ryan at QB to work with and then fires him when that doesn't work. Wrong guy got fired.

I wonder if Reich was a Carson Wentz guy, and he failed

Wonder who wanted Matt Ryan ? Regardless two vets in a row and they Ryan's replacement sucking looks bad

red
11-07-2022, 10:35 PM
colts fire their head coach while 3-5-1 after high expectations in the offseason

thats a better record then us and we were considered super bowl contenders

how long are we gonna wait until we start firing people?

Joemailman
11-07-2022, 10:44 PM
I don't think firing coaches in the middle of he season usually accomplishes much. I think what the Colts did was stupid.

red
11-07-2022, 10:49 PM
I don't think firing coaches in the middle of he season usually accomplishes much. I think what the Colts did was stupid.

what about GM?

all they should be doing is scouting

if ours sucks at that, shouldn't we replace him sooner rather then later? let the new guy get in and start researching

oldbutnotdeadyet
11-08-2022, 04:38 AM

It seems to be working for the Badgers..

Sparkey
11-08-2022, 08:48 AM
what about GM?

all they should be doing is scouting

if ours sucks at that, shouldn't we replace him sooner rather then later? let the new guy get in and start researching

My guess would be that Irsay told Ballard, "Fire Reich or I fire both of you!"

Speaking of Irsay, he is the perfect patsy to take Aaron Rodgers off our hands this offseason.

KYPack
11-08-2022, 09:29 AM
My guess would be that Irsay told Ballard, "Fire Reich or I fire both of you!"

Speaking of Irsay, he is the perfect patsy to take Aaron Rodgers off our hands this offseason.

I was thinking the same thing. You've really seen a herd of QB's go down the tubes this season.

Indy is one dumping ground for ARod and his franchise choking deal