PDA

View Full Version : News for Twin Cities Rockers--93x's Remy Maxwell Fired

jack's smirking revenge
04-17-2006, 03:42 PM
So this really only has relevance if you live in the Cities or TC area. Main drivetime host Remy Maxwell for rock station 93x, an icon in the rock industry and drivetime host for the last 10 years, was fired by 93x last week for accidentally missing an f-bomb on the radio. He is no longer with the radio station. He was placed on suspension and, rather than bring him back at the end of the suspension, ABC Radio opted to release him. He has acquired a lawyer and will be suing 93x.

Conspiracy theory: Disney is selling off ABC Radio and the station is trying to cut fat before the sale.

In any event, if you live in the TC area and you listen to 93x, write the station and voice your opposition to 93x's actions. Please keep this information anonymous though, as I know several people within the station and its somewhat secretive (as news of this will send a huge backlash against 93x from loyal listeners).

tyler

CyclonePackFan
04-17-2006, 03:57 PM
Sniff sniff...

You smell that?

It smells like bullshit.

I enjoyed listening to Remi when I was driving down. I usually listen to 93X whenever I'm home, especially on my drive down to Ames from Wisconsin until it cuts out just south of Faribault (the start of the "dead zone" between Minnesota and Iowa). The FCC is getting out of control. You know ABC is firing him because they got threatened with some huge fine if they didn't.