PDA

View Full Version : Idiocracy

jack's smirking revenge
09-15-2006, 09:59 AM
The new movie by Mike Judge about an army librarian who volunteers for a secret hibernation program. Stars Luke Wilson as the librarian who wakes up in 2025 and is the smartest man on the planet because our race has turned terribly stupid. Sounds like another Mike Judge cult-classic, similar to "Office Space".

Anyone know anything about where this movie is? It was supposed to have been released around Labor Day, but I can't find it in any theatres and I'm dying to see it. It doesn't have a website and details about its release are sketchy. I'm guessing its release date got rescheduled, but I can't even find anything stating that.

Any info you can find would be appreciated. I'm really jazzed about seeing this flick. Thanks,

tyler

jack's smirking revenge
09-15-2006, 10:17 AM
So, I'm answering my own question. Here's an article about the fate of the movie that I just discovered of IMDB.com.

http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,1533437,00.html

Has anyone seen it?

tyler

Tyrone Bigguns
09-15-2006, 10:25 PM
If you are REALLY into movies, you wanna check out this review site. www.pajiba.com. "Scathing reviews for bitchy people"

Some of the best reviews and reader comments ever.

And, they have already reviewed Idiocracy.

Jimx29
09-16-2006, 01:08 AM
I couldn't even find it anywhere in torrents or newsgroups.

I believe you're screwed on this on Tyler :D

Fosco33
09-16-2006, 01:18 AM
I saw this last weekend. Here's the skinny - it's an interesting idea for a movie but it's really, really lame. Lots of folks left before the end and the 'funny' parts were more due to stupid humor jokes than actual intelligent comedy.

In looking back, it was so stupid it was mildly intertaining - for what it's worth. I'd wait til DVD - if then.

jack's smirking revenge
09-16-2006, 07:58 AM
I saw this last weekend. Here's the skinny - it's an interesting idea for a movie but it's really, really lame. Lots of folks left before the end and the 'funny' parts were more due to stupid humor jokes than actual intelligent comedy.

In looking back, it was so stupid it was mildly intertaining - for what it's worth. I'd wait til DVD - if then.

Awesome Fosco. Thanks for the review!!! I'll definitely wait for DVD. Maybe they'll be able to "clean it up" for that release.

tyler