PDA

View Full Version : Who Should Gute Draft At #22 and #28 (Pick 2!)

Joemailman
03-26-2022, 05:03 PM
Who should Gute take with his 2 1st round picks?

Poll to follow.

I've included Other, Trade Up and Trade Down as options. There are many more players that are options than what I could include in the poll.

Joemailman
03-26-2022, 05:17 PM
Went with Treylon Burks and Devonte Wyatt.

Keep in mind some familiar names are not in the poll as I estimated they won't be available when Packers pick. Choose other if you want to pick one of them.

bobblehead
03-27-2022, 12:55 AM
Other, Olave. I hope he trades up 2x using the 2 fourths. Gutes has drafted very well in the early rounds. I trusted TT to utilize the 3rds and 4ths, but not so sure on Gutes.

So Olave with one of the picks, and with the other I could choose a bunch of guys. Watson would be cool, but I would love a DL to end up in our lap.

run pMc
03-27-2022, 09:42 AM
Best Player Available.

texaspackerbacker
03-27-2022, 11:30 AM
It's too soon to say because we're almost certainly not done signing free agents. Right now, it seems slam dunk sure we get at least one WR among the 4 first and second rounders. After we get one or even two quality WR FAs, that won't seem so obvious. I said before the Adams trade the most likely was an edge rusher, and very likely IMO one of those top two picks will be that. However, I don't particularly like any of the three edge guys listed.

I agree, trading up is a strong possibility, and that skews the whole picture.

For now, I'll just say I do not want a first round O Lineman.

run pMc
03-27-2022, 12:53 PM
I actually agree with tex. I think their top picks will be among the EDGE, DL, WR groups.
As for an R1 OL, it depends on where they think Jenkins will play long-term.
I suspect his agent wants him at OT, but he's awful good as a LG and a quality OT could keep him there. I don't see it as likely unless someone they really like falls to them.

I also wonder if Billy Turner got released because he'd had it with being shuffled around and wanted an extension with commitment that wouldn't happen or else a trade/release. Njiman can probably fill in there for now, but Turner only saved them $3M and he was a solid RT when healthy.

Jaire
03-27-2022, 01:11 PM
Watson, Pickens are later picks after some more digging and Burks is off my board after watching him in the Alabama game.

I'm just at BPA with the first two picks because I don't see value in this receiver class in round one as much as I try. I think Gute will trade for a WR after the draft to get some help. Not sure the FO is sweating it.

Joemailman
03-27-2022, 03:45 PM
Watson, Pickens are later picks after some more digging and Burks is off my board after watching him in the Alabama game.

I'm just at BPA with the first two picks because I don't see value in this receiver class in round one as much as I try. I think Gute will trade for a WR after the draft to get some help. Not sure the FO is sweating it.

You have a 1st round grade on any WR's?

Sparkey
03-27-2022, 07:33 PM

Watson won't make it to the third round.

Fritz
03-28-2022, 09:16 AM
I have a feeling that Gutes will go defense if a DL is sitting there at #22 that he likes. Then he'll move up to snag whatever WR he wants after that.

I don't know a lot to know whom to vote for, except that Jordan Davis looks like a man amongst boys out there. Adding him to the D-line would really solidify that defense. Big time. I don't care if he's not a pass rusher extraordinaire. He would make that defense instantly so much better, in part because if you don't want him out there on passing downs, you would then plug in a more rested Dean Lowry with Clark, then let P Smith, R Gary and _____ go to it.

run pMc
03-28-2022, 10:42 AM
I have a feeling that Gutes will go defense if a DL is sitting there at #22 that he likes. Then he'll move up to snag whatever WR he wants after that.

I don't know a lot to know whom to vote for, except that Jordan Davis looks like a man amongst boys out there. Adding him to the D-line would really solidify that defense. Big time. I don't care if he's not a pass rusher extraordinaire. He would make that defense instantly so much better, in part because if you don't want him out there on passing downs, you would then plug in a more rested Dean Lowry with Clark, then let P Smith, R Gary and _____ go to it.

I think someone will overdraft Jordan Davis, not that he's a bad player. I also think Devonte Wyatt could very well be the pick at #22. Jarren Reed is a nice upgrade from Keke but I think they want a long-term running mate for Kenny on the front and after this season Lowry is gone so they need players. Would love to see a crazy good DL shred NFCN OLs. Just my hunch, but I still vote for BPA.

HarveyWallbangers
03-28-2022, 01:44 PM
I think someone will overdraft Jordan Davis, not that he's a bad player. I also think Devonte Wyatt could very well be the pick at #22. Jarren Reed is a nice upgrade from Keke but I think they want a long-term running mate for Kenny on the front and after this season Lowry is gone so they need players. Would love to see a crazy good DL shred NFCN OLs. Just my hunch, but I still vote for BPA.

I wouldn't be surprised if Wyatt is off our board with his character concerns.

Joemailman
03-28-2022, 04:03 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if Wyatt is off our board with his character concerns.

What are the character concerns?

George Cumby
03-28-2022, 05:36 PM
Guys who play football gud.

Upnorth
03-28-2022, 06:56 PM
Guys who play football gud.

No, shuld be 2 guyz whos play da gud foozbal. Ain't dat righ