PDA

View Full Version : Joemailman's Official Packer Mock Draft

Joemailman
04-05-2022, 08:31 PM
nm

Site is cutting everything off.

Edit:At least managed to post the picks.

Joemailman
04-05-2022, 08:46 PM
Round 1 - Pick 22 Treylon Burks - WR - Arkansas - 6-3, 225

[B]Trade! Packers trade picks 28 and 132 for picks 42 and 73

Round 2 - Pick 42 Logan Hall - DL - Houston - 6-6, 280

[b]Round 2 - Pick 53 - George Pickens - WR - Georgia- 6-3, 200

[B]Round 2 - Pick 59 - Cameron Thomas - Edge - San Diego St. - 6-4, 264

[B]Trade! Packers trade picks 73 and 140 for pick 65

[B]Round 3 - Pick 65 - Tyler Smith - OT - Tulsa - 6-6, 332

[B]Round 3 - Pick 92 - Jeremy Ruckert - TE - Ohio St. 6-5, 250

[B]Round 5 - Pick 171 - Luke Goedeke - OL - Central Michigan - 6-5, 310

[B]Round 7 - Pick 228 - Dane Belton - S - Iowa - 6-1, 205

[B]Round 7 - Pick 249 - Tanner Conner - WR - Idaho St. - 6-3, 235

[B]Round 7 - Pick 258 - Myron Tagovailova-Amosa - Edge - Notre Dame - 6-2, 262

RashanGary
04-05-2022, 08:47 PM
If you are using your phone, and using the mobile version, it cuts everything off if you us quotes or apostrophes. That is why I am always saying (I am) and (they are) and (that is) cuz I cannot use apostrophes.

Joemailman
04-05-2022, 08:59 PM
Tanner Conner is the new Janis. Big. White. Fast.

https://media.gettyimages.com/photos/idaho-state-bengals-wide-receiver-tanner-conner-during-a-game-between-picture-id1236404353?s=2048x2048

RashanGary
04-05-2022, 09:06 PM
5 picks in the top 65. That would be nice.

Joemailman
04-05-2022, 09:09 PM
5 picks in the top 65. That would be nice.

Yeah, it's a good year to go for that. I think this draft may be a bit short on superstar potential, but there are a lot of really good players in rounds 2-3.

call_me_ishmael
04-05-2022, 10:07 PM
I <3 the trades and this draft in general. I'd like Pickens and the Watson fellow though. I just feel uneasy about the Arkansas dude. I don't really know why.

Joemailman
04-05-2022, 10:38 PM
I <3 the trades and this draft in general. I'd like Pickens and the Watson fellow though. I just feel uneasy about the Arkansas dude. I don't really know why.

I like Burks' physicality. He's not much of a deep threat but can make things happen after the catch. Should also be good blocking for the run. I like Pickens over Watson but not by much. Wish Watson had played against tougher competition. That makes me a little more hesitant. I won't be opposed if they pick him though.

HarveyWallbangers
04-06-2022, 01:44 PM
In the little tape I could find of Tanner Conner he didn't look like much. Janis dominated his level, and he posted crazy agility numbers. He and Isaiah Weston got some buzz for their size/speed ratio, but then you look at the agility numbers. Yikes!

Tanner Conner = 6'3" 226, 4.50 40, 4.41 shuttle, 7.15 3 cone
Isaiah Weston = 6'3" 214, 4.42 40, 4.40 shuttle, 7.20 3 cone

Jeff Janis = 6'3" 219, 4.42 40, 3.98 shuttle, 6.64 3 cone

Jaire
04-06-2022, 02:01 PM

I agree. I watched his Alabama game. He just stood around on half the plays. He has (deceptively) good top speed but I didn't see much else. I think he's getting over hyped: just what my eyes are telling me here.

I like the Thomas and Pickens picks in this mock, and others. I'd sooner go defense with the Burks pick though.

Anti-Polar Bear
04-06-2022, 02:10 PM
Nice article on Burks at Elf’s Sports and Playboy network: https://www.espn.com/nfl/draft2022/story/_/id/33670524/nfl-draft-2022-meet-treylon-burks-wild-boar-hunter-first-round-prospect

Seems humble. Harrell would be all jolly to get him. Burks’ a redneck through and through. Likes to fish and hunt 200lbs boars with knives.

That being said, I ain’t too fond of sloth WRs. Packers need a 4.3 or lower, not sloth 4.55. Let the Kittens draft him. They dig slow WRs. Signed the Sloth himself and drafted that 4.8 Wisconsin WR, Cypress Hill, I think.

Bretsky
04-06-2022, 02:20 PM
Watch multiple games of Burke’s. I think he’s impressive. Great job Joe on the draft mock imo

Joemailman
04-06-2022, 02:30 PM
Nice article on Burks at Elf’s Sports and Playboy network: https://www.espn.com/nfl/draft2022/story/_/id/33670524/nfl-draft-2022-meet-treylon-burks-wild-boar-hunter-first-round-prospect

Seems humble. Harrell would be all jolly to get him. Burks’ a redneck through and through. Likes to fish and hunt 200lbs boars with knives.

That being said, I ain’t too fond of sloth WRs. Packers need a 4.3 or lower, not sloth 4.55. Let the Kittens draft him. They dig slow WRs. Signed the Sloth himself and drafted that 4.8 Wisconsin WR, Cypress Hill, I think.

If Burks is a sloth, then Adams was a sloth. Ran the same 40 time. Jordy was 4.51. James Jones 4.59.

RashanGary
04-06-2022, 03:21 PM
If Burks is a sloth, then Adams was a sloth. Ran the same 40 time. Jordy was 4.51. James Jones 4.59.

I think Cooper Kupp ran a 4.62

Anti-Polar Bear
04-08-2022, 08:58 AM

No one seems to care that Burks is a redneck. I mean, razorbacks have sharp tusks and they could exceed 200lbs. Plus, there ain’t a bear or a wolf that scares them. And the guy hunts them with a knife - not a rifle. It’s akin to Harrell fishing for colossal catfishes with only his bare hands.

Adams makes up for the lack of speed with excellent foot works. Jones, while not the elite route runner Greg Jennings was, was pretty decent at it. Nelson, well, an argument could be made supporting the notion of Nelson’s success being the byproduct of underestimation - ain’t no Black corner in the rye believed he couldn’t shut down that hill boi, J-Nel.

Burks looks like a poor man’s TO. TO has a bronze bust, so if Burks’ anything like TO in the Green and Musta Yella, cool. But it’s about time the Packers arm the Great Arm of Butte with a 4.3 stallion that also has the ability to run routes like Jennings.

Plus, fast WRs are awesome on Madden - I’m my youth, I was once the top Packers player online while throwing to Charles Johnson. Gonna miss MVS and his 95 speed.

bobblehead
04-08-2022, 09:38 AM
2 thoughts for the day.

Burks consistently outran defenders. Don't care what a stop watch has to say about it.

Janis truly was an elite kind of athletic freak. Shame we couldn't turn him into a better pro.

Joemailman
04-08-2022, 11:30 AM
2 thoughts for the day.

Burks consistently outran defenders. Don't care what a stop watch has to say about it.

Janis truly was an elite kind of athletic freak. Shame we couldn't turn him into a better pro.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uxmk0MpDyTo

Bretsky
04-08-2022, 03:44 PM

worthless good for nothing Sloth :))

RashanGary
04-08-2022, 04:36 PM
worthless good for nothing Sloth :))

I have really warmed up on Treylon Burks. I think no matter what a good receiver will be there at pick 22. I just worry that they will have someone rated higher and then stick to their board and end up with no receivers. Yikes.

Anti-Polar Bear
04-08-2022, 10:37 PM

Kupp is successful in the same manner that the dark esquire is so successful practicing law: underestimation…see onion thread in FYI for more.

run pMc
04-09-2022, 03:43 PM
I think Burks has sufficient football speed, but he's not an MVS type. I don't think he's a bigger version of Deebo or AJ Brown. He reminds me of Anquan Boldin. I think he can break tackles, create size mismatches, and does pretty good with contested catches. He's not a great route runner or anything. They did some gadget stuff with him and that worries me a little because that makes me wonder if he's a WR or if he's just a bigger Ty Montgomery. MLF is sharp enough where they'd figure out how to use him.

Not sure which time vs. Alabama, but there was one game where he looked like one of the few Razorback players who was as good or better than anyone on Alabama. He was giving their secondary all they could handle.

I won't be upset if they take him in R1, but I sure wouldn't trade up for him.

Joemailman
04-09-2022, 03:57 PM
I think Burks has sufficient football speed, but he's not an MVS type. I don't think he's a bigger version of Deebo or AJ Brown. He reminds me of Anquan Boldin. I think he can break tackles, create size mismatches, and does pretty good with contested catches. He's not a great route runner or anything. They did some gadget stuff with him and that worries me a little because that makes me wonder if he's a WR or if he's just a bigger Ty Montgomery. MLF is sharp enough where they'd figure out how to use him.

Not sure which time vs. Alabama, but there was one game where he looked like one of the few Razorback players who was as good or better than anyone on Alabama. He was giving their secondary all they could handle.

I won't be upset if they take him in R1, but I sure wouldn't trade up for him.

I do think MLF would figure out how to use him. In my opinion, MM never did figure out how to utilize Montgomery. Or Cobb for that matter. But I think MLF would find various ways to get the ball into Burks' hands. And that's all you have to do. He is a tough guy to tackle.

run pMc
04-09-2022, 06:17 PM
I do think MLF would figure out how to use him. In my opinion, MM never did figure out how to utilize Montgomery. Or Cobb for that matter. But I think MLF would find various ways to get the ball into Burks' hands. And that's all you have to do. He is a tough guy to tackle.

Agree. I actually think an in-prime Ty would have been a really interesting weapon in the MLF offense. In fact I think Ty could have been a closer comp to Deebo than Burks.

I think Burks can be a productive pro, but he has to be used in situations where he has a chance to succeed. I don't think you can just line him up as an X and expect him to beat CBs off the line like Adams did. The concern with him being a bit of a gadget guy is whether he can ever be anything more...and if not, do you want to spend a R1 for him? He's gotta be a playmaker for it to be worth it.

Pre-combine, Burks was considered a top-15 pick and possibly the 1st WR taken. He was basically a focal point of an SEC offense, and he was up to the challenge. Christian Watson tested amazing, but compared to most SEC defenses he might as well have been playing against paint cans.
I think both Burks and Watson have bust potential, but if they think they are scheme fits and Vrable can coach them up then I'm ok with drafting them.

cheesner
04-10-2022, 07:05 AM
Can you imagine how good Burks would be if he wasn't so damn slow?

Great mock!

If it were to unfold like this the Packers would be elated. Gotta believe in Rodgers would actually be happy.