PDA

View Full Version : R.I.P. Dwayne Haskins

Joemailman
04-09-2022, 10:42 AM
Steelers QB died after being hit by car. He was Washington's 1st round draft pick in 2019. He was 24.

Bretsky
04-09-2022, 02:34 PM
RIP; do we know if he was driving or walking ? Very odd reporting on this

Joemailman
04-09-2022, 02:38 PM
He was trying to cross the highway on foot. Not sure why.

Florida Highway Patrol spokeswoman Lt. Indiana Miranda said Haskins was pronounced dead at the scene.

"He was attempting to cross the westbound lanes of Interstate 595 when there was oncoming traffic," Miranda said in an emailed statement.

Miranda didn't say why Haskins was on the highway at the time. The accident caused the highway to be shut down for several hours, and Miranda said it's ``an open traffic homicide investigation.''

red
04-09-2022, 03:09 PM
damn, hit by a dump truck on a highway

gotta hope he had a broke down car or something , otherwise theres no good reason to be on a highway in that area and you gotta think alcohol or drugs or something

sad

run pMc
04-09-2022, 03:18 PM
I read he was hit by a dump truck at like 6:30am? The heck?
Sad news either way, left behind a wife et al.

call_me_ishmael
04-10-2022, 02:54 PM
He was jogging on the highway apparently.

scharpcheddar
04-10-2022, 04:12 PM
Absolutely bogus story

RashanGary
04-10-2022, 04:52 PM
Absolutely bogus story

What is bogus about it?

red
04-10-2022, 05:20 PM
What is bogus about it?

maybe the idea that a grown adult would think that it was a good idea to jog on a superhighway

doesn't pass the smell test

RashanGary
04-10-2022, 06:07 PM
maybe the idea that a grown adult would think that it was a good idea to jog on a superhighway

doesn't pass the smell test

It is weird. I wonder what he was doing??

hoosier
04-11-2022, 07:33 AM
Strange that the truck wasn't flagged for roughing.

RashanGary
04-11-2022, 07:37 AM
Strange that the truck wasn't flagged for roughing.

Too soon :lol:

Fritz
04-14-2022, 09:27 AM
If you're an NFL GM with a spare QB, how long do you think you have to wait before you pick up the phone and give the Steelers' brass a call? Strange world.

hBut te world keeps on going, man. It is what it is. The day after I've died, someone will post some crazy shit on Packerrats. My kids' alarms will go off, they'll get up, go to work. It just keeps on rolling. In some ways, that's a comfort.

Joemailman
04-20-2022, 03:10 PM
Dwayne Haskins' wife told a 911 dispatcher that the quarterback was walking to get gas on the morning he was struck and killed by a dump truck on a Florida highway, audio released by the Broward County Sheriff's office revealed Wednesday.

Kalabrya Haskins told the 911 dispatcher that her husband called her early April 9 and told her he was getting out of his vehicle to get gas and that he would call her back when he returned to the car. When she didn't hear back, she called 911 and requested that dispatch check on him.

red
04-20-2022, 07:07 PM
Dwayne Haskins' wife told a 911 dispatcher that the quarterback was walking to get gas on the morning he was struck and killed by a dump truck on a Florida highway, audio released by the Broward County Sheriff's office revealed Wednesday.

Kalabrya Haskins told the 911 dispatcher that her husband called her early April 9 and told her he was getting out of his vehicle to get gas and that he would call her back when he returned to the car. When she didn't hear back, she called 911 and requested that dispatch check on him.

and now its tragic

i thought there was a good chance he was drunk or high, cause theres no good reason to be on a highway. but he was just a normal guy who was broke down

sad