PDA

View Full Version : Check out the tailbacks in the Oklahoma-Oregon game Saturday

oregonpackfan
09-15-2006, 10:28 AM
Saturday's game pitting Oklahoma vs. Oregon will be televised Saturday on ABC at 12:30 p.m. PST.

It features several tailbacks who likely be in the NFL in years to come.

First and foremost, Oklahoma has their featured tailback, Adrian Peterson, who is just in his junior year. Projected to be a first round pick if he declares himself eligible early. Peterson has size, speed, elusiveness, and is a good receiver. As Ahmad Green is getting up in age, Peterson might be a good fit for the Packers.

The Ducks have two sophomore tailbacks with tremendous skills. Jonathan Stewart at 6-1, 230 lbs. has amazing quickness for a powerful runner his size. He has all the physical tools and team-oriented mindset to be be a future NFL player.

The reserve tailback is Jeremiah Johnson who is shorter than Stewart but brings power and toughness to the running position. He would be a legitimate starter on most Division I teams.

On the defensive side, Oklahoma has a very active linebacker in Rufus Anderson. He is all over the field. In last year's Holiday Bowl, he was a constant thorn in the Ducks' side. He was the games' MVP, IMO.

There are many excellent college games on TV tomorrow. If you are flipping channels during commercials and halftimes, flip over to the OU-UO game to watch these tailbacks in action.

OPF

MJZiggy
09-15-2006, 12:02 PM
It would be very funky to have Jon Stewart playing on our football team (only if he can play, though) :cool:

justanotherpackfan
09-15-2006, 03:48 PM
Saturday's game pitting Oklahoma vs. Oregon will be televised Saturday on ABC at 12:30 p.m. PST.

It features several tailbacks who likely be in the NFL in years to come.

First and foremost, Oklahoma has their featured tailback, Adrian Peterson, who is just in his junior year. Projected to be a first round pick if he declares himself eligible early. Peterson has size, speed, elusiveness, and is a good receiver. As Ahmad Green is getting up in age, Peterson might be a good fit for the Packers.

The Ducks have two sophomore tailbacks with tremendous skills. Jonathan Stewart at 6-1, 230 lbs. has amazing quickness for a powerful runner his size. He has all the physical tools and team-oriented mindset to be be a future NFL player.

The reserve tailback is Jeremiah Johnson who is shorter than Stewart but brings power and toughness to the running position. He would be a legitimate starter on most Division I teams.

On the defensive side, Oklahoma has a very active linebacker in Rufus Anderson. He is all over the field. In last year's Holiday Bowl, he was a constant thorn in the Ducks' side. He was the games' MVP, IMO.

There are many excellent college games on TV tomorrow. If you are flipping channels during commercials and halftimes, flip over to the OU-UO game to watch these tailbacks in action.

OPF
I don't think this game is going to be televised in our area. :sad: Instead we get the Michigan State/Pitt game. :? The Oregon game will be at 3:00 Central Time.

oregonpackfan
09-16-2006, 06:39 PM
Adrian Peterson was phenomenal in a 34-33 loss to the Ducks. He gained 211 yards in 32 carries. The Ducks contained him pretty well in the first half. True to his reputation as "AD" for "All Day" Peterson was stronger and more effective in the second half. He also made a remarkable catch on a screen.

The guy is a legitimate top 10 first round pick.

Sophomore Jonathan Stewart of the Ducks had over 100 yards in the game but was not as impressive as AD.

OPF

BallHawk
09-16-2006, 06:56 PM
I have to say Oregon got a lucky break on that blown onside kick call.

oregonpackfan
09-16-2006, 07:32 PM
I would have to agree that the replay appeared to me that an Oregon player touched the onside kick before it traveled the required 10 yards.

Even the announcer Dan Fouts, who starred as an Oregon Ducks QB, stated it was a "Terrible Call" by the officials.

The ball should have been awarded to the Sooners.

OPF

justanotherpackfan
09-16-2006, 08:02 PM
I was cheering for the Ducks the whole time.

HarveyWallbangers
09-16-2006, 08:25 PM
The play on the tipped ball was a bad call too. I don't root for either team (although I did pick Oklahoma), but I thought Oklahoma got some bad calls there at the end. If I were an Oklahoma fan, I'd be pissed.

oregonpackfan
09-17-2006, 11:51 AM

Good for you, Justanotherpackfan! If you keep cheering for the Ducks, I'll treat you to a salmon dinner!:)

OPF

justanotherpackfan
09-17-2006, 07:56 PM

Good for you, Justanotherpackfan! If you keep cheering for the Ducks, I'll treat you to a salmon dinner!:)

OPF
Unfortunately I don't get many of their games in this area.

How about Walleye instead?

BF4MVP
09-17-2006, 10:49 PM
Peterson is gonna be a stud.

I don't think the Packers are gonna be in a position to draft him though.