PDA

View Full Version : RANKING OF THE CURRENT TOP 32 WR TRIO'S IN THE NFL

Bretsky
04-24-2022, 05:18 PM
Counts down from 32, and yes, you won't need to read too far for the Packers to hit their spot.
Interesting ready. Captain obvious reason as to why we have to draft WR's high and in volume very soon.

https://nflspinzone.com/2022/04/19/power-ranking-32-nfl-wide-receiver/

texaspackerbacker
04-24-2022, 06:58 PM
This obviously is incomplete information hahahaha. Even so, if we went into the season with nothing more than those three as the top three,. I'd bet money that the Packers would be in the upper half statistically - yards, TDs passing, etc., and I'd bet larger money that we'd have a better record than all but a tiny handful of teams.

run pMc
04-24-2022, 08:00 PM
Well it's a Fansided article, so basically you or I could have written it.

It's highly unlikely Watkins and Cobb can stay healthy a full season, and Lazatd has been hurt too.

By losing Davante, MVS, and ESB, they lose 158 receptions for 2081 yards and 14 TDs on 241 targets.
As a team they were 15th in attempts, 11th in completions, 8th in yards, and 4th in TDs.

So there's some projection and debate (including what stats to use, DVOA might be better) as to how many they would need to crack upper half, I suspect Rodgers' skill will keep them pretty high despite the receiving talent.
As for that talent, I simply don't think the players currently in the WR room can make up that difference, even if you add Watkins and his 27 receptions (on 49 targets) for 394 and a TD.

Adams accounted for over 1500 yards and 11TD's, if they can replicate that by getting 4-500 from Watkins and an extra 200 each from Cobb and Rodgers and maybe another 100 from Lazard then you still need 500 to match what Adams gave you. That ignores the 500 MVS and ESB got you.

So... I guess if you're betting on that happening, they probably make the upper half... but I'd suggest just barely making the upper half isn't going to be good enough to win in the playoffs. If GB is running a barely above-to-average offense, this team is going to have trouble. They will definitely have to add to their receiving groups (WR and TE) - that most likely happens via the draft.

RashanGary
04-24-2022, 08:05 PM
The OL should be better. So 12 will have a little more time for the less capable receivers to work open. I actually dont think there will be too much drop off without Adams.

Upnorth
04-24-2022, 10:58 PM
Our rbs will be a big help (remember when ahman green lead our team in receptions?) And if tonyon recovers and either dafney or deguara are above average that will help a ton

HarveyWallbangers
04-25-2022, 03:21 AM
We haven't even hit the draft yet, so what's the point of the article? If the Packers draft, let's say, George Pickens and Alec Pierce, how does that affect things? Let's say they draft Treylon Burks and sign Julio Jones? They aren't going into the season with just Watkins, Cobb, and Lazard.

Bretsky likes to fall for the clickbait articles.

Bretsky
04-25-2022, 06:02 PM
We haven't even hit the draft yet, so what's the point of the article? If the Packers draft, let's say, George Pickens and Alec Pierce, how does that affect things? Let's say they draft Treylon Burks and sign Julio Jones? They aren't going into the season with just Watkins, Cobb, and Lazard.

Bretsky likes to fall for the clickbait articles.

Bretsky likes debate; some of these clickbait articles have turned into long long threads with lots of fighting :)

red
04-25-2022, 07:05 PM
we've got a bunch of 3's, 4's and 5's

still need a #1 and #2

run pMc
04-26-2022, 04:47 PM
we've got a bunch of 3's, 4's and 5's

still need a #1 and #2

Yup