PDA

View Full Version : Koren Robinson to play this Sunday?

KYPack
09-15-2006, 11:00 AM
Well we've had opinion's from everybody.

Legal eagle and disgruntled fan Rastak.

The forum's moral compass Mad Town Pack.

Now here comes SI & Scout's Inc & the AP to say, let's Play Some Football!

New Packer WR Robinson expects to play Sunday Associated Press

GREEN BAY, Wis. -- Although he doesn't yet know the playbook and his knee is bothering him, Koren Robinson expects to suit up for the Green Bay Packers this weekend.

And barring more trouble off the field -- or consequences from previous incidents that keep him from playing football -- Robinson expects Sunday's game against New Orleans to be the first in a long career in Green Bay.

"The Green Bay Packers have given me the opportunity, and I'm going to try to make this my home," Robinson said. "I'm going to try to retire as a Green Bay Packer."

The talented wide receiver and kick returner was cut by the Minnesota Vikings last month, 10 days after being charged with drunken driving. He signed with the Packers earlier this week.

The team began slowly working him into the offense and on special teams in practice on Wednesday and Thursday.

"I might get a couple of snaps, I might not," Robinson said. "I might just cheer my team on from the sideline. But like I said, I'm in the playbook, trying to learn it, so I can come out there next Sunday, this Sunday, and do what I can do."

What Robinson can do on the field isn't in dispute. It's the potential off-the-field distractions that remain in question.

Robinson made the Pro Bowl as a kick returner last year and has proved to be a skilled receiver.

"I watched a lot of film on him," offensive coordinator Jeff Jagodzinski said. "I watched every time he touched the ball last year, every time the ball was thrown to him last year. He's a very talented guy."

The Packers injury report listed Robinson as questionable with a knee injury on Thursday, but Robinson said any pain he is having in his knee comes from being away from football for a few weeks.

"I'm not worried about it," Robinson said. "It's not an issue or anything like that."

Special teams coordinator Mike Stock said that if Robinson is active Sunday, he'll line up at kick returner along with Robert Ferguson or Noah Herron.

However, Robinson said he is trying to learn the playbook as soon as possible so he can play on offense.

"I guess I just have to show and prove that I am a playmaker and can produce when I touch the ball," Robinson said. "But at the same time, I know I have to work my way into whatever position, whatever spot that I'm going to be in."

Jagodzinski said Robinson is familiar with the style of offense Green Bay runs after his stints in Seattle and Minnesota, but he will need time to learn the specific terminology the Packers use.

"He's very familiar with the system because he was with Mike [Holmgren] up in Seattle and he's been in the Minnesota deal, which is very similar in the terminology and all that," Jagodzinski said. "So I don't think it should be too hard for him."

Robinson is likely to face court hearings in two different states next month -- one for his most recent drunken driving charges in Minnesota, and another hearing in Washington to determine whether he has violated the probation he was issued after he pled guilty to DUI in 2005.

After facing tough questions from the media at his introduction in Green Bay on Sunday, he said he doesn't want to address his off-the-field issues.

"I'm just trying to play ball," Robinson said. "Like I said, I don't want to talk about all that other stuff. Like if you want to talk about football, all of that, then I'm fine to do that. But all that, man, I'm going to leave that in the past, move it in the past. And like I said, I just want to get a chance to play football."

OK KROB, give us break. You haven't earned a chance to do shit, but I guess you get one anyhow. Grab that kickoff, bust it to the wedge, & try to find a seam. We need all the help we can get, even if it's from a wobbly ass drunk like you.

Harlan Huckleby
09-15-2006, 11:06 AM
I know what you're REALLY wondering, KY: "What would Tank say?"

Brando19
09-15-2006, 11:19 AM
Here's what Jimmie Johnson had to say:
Fox studio analyst Jimmy Johnson think the signing of Koren Robinson was the act of a desperately bad team. Robinson isn't the kind of player a team like Green Bay has any business adding to its roster, Johnson says. "This Green Bay team looks terrible," said Johnson, the former Dallas Cowboys and Miami Dolphins coach. "I know I won't be the first one to say it and I won't be the last, but what's going to happen there? "Now they've signed wide receiver Koren Robinson. Why sign a problem when you're as bad as the Packers? Sign a risk when you have a chance to get to the next level. Do they think Robinson can help win six games instead of four? I don't think that makes sense."

Man wouldn't it be awesome for Green Bay to hit a big winning streak to shut these idiots up?

KYPack
09-15-2006, 11:29 AM

Ya got me there, HH.

Actually the ONLY thing Tank ever inspired me to do was to stifle my criticsm of Thompson.

I didn't dare make any Anti-Thompson posts as long as that fool was on the forum.

It caused me to remain silent in some areas of concern in TT's modus operandi. Thompson has done very poorly in his handling of vet FA's, both in his signings and his decisions on those he let's walk.

I don't know if our '06 vet FA signings are worth their salary value, espec Woodson and Manuel.

The guys he let's go make we wonder, also. I wouldn't mind seeing Tony Fisher, Ruegy, Chatman, and some of the other guys we let go hanging on the roster this season. Those marginal vets can be a real bargain. TT needs to re-consider his battle plan.

MadtownPacker
09-15-2006, 11:59 AM
Moral compass? Hahaha! I doubt it. I have done worse shit then KR by far.

I hope he plays the week. Gonna need some weapons.

pbmax
09-15-2006, 02:23 PM

Ya got me there, HH.

Actually the ONLY thing Tank ever inspired me to do was to stifle my criticsm of Thompson.

I didn't dare make any Anti-Thompson posts as long as that fool was on the forum.

It caused me to remain silent in some areas of concern in TT's modus operandi. Thompson has done very poorly in his handling of vet FA's, both in his signings and his decisions on those he let's walk.

I don't know if our '06 vet FA signings are worth their salary value, espec Woodson and Manuel.

The guys he let's go make we wonder, also. I wouldn't mind seeing Tony Fisher, Ruegy, Chatman, and some of the other guys we let go hanging on the roster this season. Those marginal vets can be a real bargain. TT needs to re-consider his battle plan.
In Tankspeak, we were only ever Sharper, Wahle (or Mankins) and one more FA (don't remember the position) away from a Shermy Super Bowl. He never explained how we had failed with that combo in the other playoff runs.

What I want to know, and this is the only question I consider important in T2 last move:

Is Vernand Morency THAT much better a runner than Tony Fisher?

Harvey, or someone, made this point that Morency was better. But is this a real upgrade?

Style suited for the ZBS is one thing, can this guy actually produce?

MJZiggy
09-15-2006, 03:04 PM
I don't know if you are supposed to compare him to Fisher, after all, Fisher is long gone. I think he was supposed to be replaced by Davenpoop or Gado ( :sad: ) and when the Poop didn't put out, he got whacked too. Question I guess is supposed to be is the Dump Truck (I love that) that much better than Fisher and is Morency better than the Poop?

Zool
09-15-2006, 03:23 PM
I think its more of a case, who would cost more? Fisher was a F/A and I missed what he signed for, but we dont owe this kid any of his rookie signing bonus if im correct, and he's making a fairly low yearly salary in football terms.

Plus he can return kicks.

packrulz
09-15-2006, 04:08 PM
Moral compass? Hahaha! I doubt it. I have done worse shit then KR by far.

I hope he plays the week. Gonna need some weapons.

Did you drive drunk AND naked like the Lions coach? I doubt it but mayhe. :D As far as I know he still has a job. Hell yea, KROB can return kicks, he's a Pro Bowler, I think he knows how. He's getting paid, use him.

Harlan Huckleby
09-15-2006, 04:16 PM

that compass always points south.

KYPack
09-15-2006, 05:22 PM

that compass always points south.

It's an ill wind that blows no man good. - John Heywood (c.1497-1580)

Scott Campbell
09-15-2006, 05:37 PM
I'm going to chug a beer everytime KR touches the ball this week in honor of our newest Packer.

Harlan Huckleby
09-15-2006, 05:38 PM
KY, I accuse you of not knowing what that expression means.

http://www.randomhouse.com/wotd/index.pperl?date=20001110

The complete version most commonly found today is It's an ill wind that blows no (or no one or nobody) good. Commonly, it means that an event would have to be pretty bad not to wind up benefiting someone. Unless an event is downright catastrophic, when some people lose, others profit. Ill is used here in the sense of 'unfavorable; adverse', as in "ill fortune."

Early attestations evoke potential origins. For example, when we read from John Heywood's Proverbs (1562) that "It is an yll wynde that blowth no man to good," we can picture a sailing ship, with all those aboard, blown off course but perhaps headed toward some paradisiacal island."

FavreChild
09-15-2006, 07:35 PM

More posters should opine in poetry. :mrgreen:

K-town
09-15-2006, 08:17 PM

More posters should opine in poetry. :mrgreen:

Iambic pentameter always confuses me.

KYPack
09-15-2006, 08:54 PM
KY, I accuse you of not knowing what that expression means.

I'm guilty as charged.

I thought my uncle Jim invented that one. When we'd be working, or playing ball, or whatever in a hellish fall or winter wind in Central Wis, my uncle would get a glint in his eye and holler "It's an ill wind that blows no man good" and then he'd laugh a cacklish laugh.

Your compass quote about mad reminded me of Jim's quotation. I was gonna credit Jim, but realized that old guards don't really write poetry, they steal it. So I googled the quote and learned it was 600 something years old.

thanks for you URL on it, I mighta learned something.

Regarding the Pack, I think the quote is appropriate. We deserve to catch a break this year, we paid our dues last year.