PDA

View Full Version : 2022 NFL Draft Day 1

Pages : [1] 2

HarveyWallbangers
04-28-2022, 01:54 PM
The masses asked for it, here it is.

HarveyWallbangers
04-28-2022, 01:56 PM
Personally, I'd love to come away with Travis Jones (or Daxton Hill) and a WR. The homer in me wants Christian Watson, but there are others I'd be happy with. I'd be okay with Karlaftis. I don't want Logan Hall or Tyler Smith in round 1.

Joemailman
04-28-2022, 02:09 PM
My hunch is Gute will trade up from 22 and take Olave. I don't buy the notion Packers won't take him because he's not big enough to block. MLF does a good job of adjusting his offense to the talent he has.

I have no clue about 28. BPA.

SudsMcBucky
04-28-2022, 02:10 PM
I should just list the 1 or 2 guys I absolutely do NOT want the Packers to draft in R1. That will ensure they WILL draft those 2 and they will turn out to be complete studs.

call_me_ishmael
04-28-2022, 02:57 PM
Personally, I'd love to come away with Travis Jones (or Daxton Hill) and a WR. The homer in me wants Christian Watson, but there are others I'd be happy with. I'd be okay with Karlaftis. I don't want Logan Hall or Tyler Smith in round 1.

Yeah, this is basically what I want too. I think I'd be even happier with Jones & Hill. I'm not sure how realistic that is.

I would love to do that and then find a way to pick two receivers tomorrow. Ideally one is Watson.

RashanGary
04-28-2022, 03:12 PM
I think well sit tight and draft BPA in the first. I see at least one big guy, probably Travis Jones. Then well move up in the second and draft the WR we target. And well draft one late too.

Jaire
04-28-2022, 03:13 PM
Today's odds:

2022 NFL DRAFT - FIRST ROUND BETTING TOTALS (over / under)
Defensive Players 15.5
Offensive Players 16.5
Quarterbacks 2.5
Running Backs 0.5
Wide Receivers 5.5
Tight Ends 0.5
Offensive Lineman 7.5
Cornerbacks 4.5
Safeties 1.5
....that leaves 10 picks for LB, DL, and Edge: my guess is 2, 2, & 6.

2022 NFL DRAFT - DRAFT POSITION BETTING ODDS
Ahmad Gardner 8.5
Aidan Hutchinson 1.5
Jermaine Johnson II 9.5
Garrett Wilson 10.5
Charles Cross 7.5
Kayvon Thibodeaux 5.5
Ikem Ekwonu 3.5
Drake London 10.5
Evan Neal 3.5
Kyle Hamilton 8.5
Derek Stingley, Jr. 10.5
Jordan Davis 13.5
Jameson Williams 16.5
Travon Walker 3.5
Trevor Penning 16.5
Andrew Booth, Jr. 26.5
Chris Olave 17.5
Devin Lloyd 18.5
Tyler Linderbaum 27.5
Trent McDuffie 17.5
George Karlaftis 16.5
Treylon Burks 23.5

....looks like Davonte Wyatt and Travis Jones (edit: misread) are more likely going to be available at 22. interesting. I'm hoping for a move down to be honest.

I'd thought it would be interesting to post the last minute odds.

And I don't want Burks: he'll have an even harder time getting open than N'Keal Harry from Arizona St, imo, who I was higher on then.

run pMc
04-28-2022, 03:23 PM
My hunch is Gute will trade up from 22 and take Olave. I don't buy the notion Packers won't take him because he's not big enough to block. MLF does a good job of adjusting his offense to the talent he has.

Agree, I think a lot of teams are going to move around because the consensus is there isn't a clear #1 and the QBs are not good. IF Olave slides (unlikely, but you never know) into the late teens I could see Gute trade up for him. It won't cost as much to move up because teams will want to move around/trade down.

I'd be perfectly fine with them trading down for extra Day 2 picks where the heart of the talent is, but if they keep the picks it's BPA.

I'd love to see Karlaftis drop to them at 22 and then take Pickens at 28. I think Pickens will be gone by 53, and they can get a DL on Day 2. If Karlaftis is gone Travis Jones would be good too -- assuming he can play along the line and not just at nose.

RashanGary
04-28-2022, 03:30 PM
Ojabo and Travis Jones are two possibilities in round 1

RashanGary
04-28-2022, 03:33 PM
Ojabo would be back around September and probably be close to 100 by mid season. We have Gary and Preston so we can get by in the first few games without a third. I like Ojabos game.

call_me_ishmael
04-28-2022, 03:43 PM
Ojabo would be back around September and probably be close to 100 by mid season. We have Gary and Preston so we can get by in the first few games without a third. I like Ojabos game.

I highly doubt that. It is a one year plus injury.

HarveyWallbangers
04-28-2022, 04:01 PM
Achilles injuries are nasty. I’d be surprised if he goes in the first round. I have a hunch Gute is going to trade up for somebody other than a WR. The WR ground is too even for me to think they’ll lose Draft capital to move up.

RashanGary
04-28-2022, 04:03 PM
I highly doubt that. It is a one year plus injury.

Cam Akers came back in 6 months and doctors expect a similar time line with Ojabo.

RashanGary
04-28-2022, 04:04 PM
Achilles injuries are nasty. I’d be surprised if he goes in the first round. I have a hunch Gute is going to trade up for somebody other than a WR. The WR ground is too even for me to think they’ll lose Draft capital to move up.

The only thing worse than not trading down is trading up. We need young talent to offset our top heavy salary cap.

Bretsky
04-28-2022, 04:17 PM
The masses asked for it, here it is.

Is this the motivational intro with your spicy predictions ?:))

Bretsky
04-28-2022, 04:20 PM
Would love a trade with seattle for pick 40 and 41

Jaire
04-28-2022, 04:20 PM

I can guarantee GB is not drafting an injured player. They never have.

I'm looking for trade up scenarios. I just don't see anyone they will be able to trade up for. It's deep at edge. They'll wait. Gute said he's not looking to trade up (and I don't believe it's smoke). The only players I could see them move up for are maybe (big maybe) Olave and Jordan Davis; I just can't see it. And I read that the Chargers are looking to move up for Davis. So, that leaves Olave: .....nope.

Bretsky
04-28-2022, 04:22 PM
Rg wanna raise the stakes for the Williams bet ??

Jaire
04-28-2022, 04:23 PM

That seems like a sweet spot in the draft.

Jaire
04-28-2022, 04:24 PM
Rg wanna raise the stakes for the Williams bet ??

Packers will never take Williams in a million years. I'll bet everything on that. They simply do not draft injured players.

Bretsky
04-28-2022, 04:26 PM
Packers will never take Williams in a million years. I'll bet everything on that. They simply do not draft injured players.

That is not the bet ;). But you can get in . I bet Williams is getting drafted round 1. To be honest I think he goes before gb picks

Jaire
04-28-2022, 04:27 PM
That is not the bet ;). But you can get in . I bet Williams is getting drafted round 1. To be honest I think he goes before gb picks

Oh. I agree with that.

Bretsky
04-28-2022, 04:27 PM
That seems like a sweet spot in the draft.
Yup. I wonder if our 22 would get that value ?

Bretsky
04-28-2022, 04:30 PM
Anybody know who McGinnis predicted ? Anybody have access to his stuff ? I think the gb guy at the athletic predicted burks

RashanGary
04-28-2022, 04:31 PM

Seattle would have to want to part with two high picks. But yeah, I

Joemailman
04-28-2022, 04:51 PM
Got my Jordy jersey on. Maybe that will inspire Gute to do what he should do. Trade out of the 28th pick and draft a WR early in the 2nd round.

HarveyWallbangers
04-28-2022, 05:05 PM
Anybody know who McGinnis predicted ? Anybody have access to his stuff ? I think the gb guy at the athletic predicted burks

Who cares?

Joemailman
04-28-2022, 05:14 PM
Just think of the promos for the game in London if they draft Drake London.

Teamcheez1
04-28-2022, 05:37 PM
Whatever we do, I am adamantly against trading up in the first round.

Bretsky
04-28-2022, 05:49 PM

Tom pellisari reporting huge has been making calls today regarding trading up for olave who some feel will be the 4th we taken. And Atlanta inquiring about luvmachine

Bretsky
04-28-2022, 06:06 PM
Off to a
Confirmation service . Peter king reported arod wants olave. Olave called arod the best and in the nfl. What arod wants does arod get ?

Jaire
04-28-2022, 06:12 PM
"Venerable NFL writer Peter King wanted to send Chris Olave to Green Bay but settled for Jahan Dotson." https://www.si.com/nfl/packers/news/peter-king-mock-packers-trade-up-for-jahan-dotson

Move up for Dotson?? No way we move up for a slot receiver. Peter King getting senile.

Man, I hope we aren't moving up at all, but if we are, it better be Olave or the Fridge at Georgia.

Rastak
04-28-2022, 06:39 PM
Greetings guys, I really have regressed from watching all 7 rounds to not caring a whole helluva lot. Hope you are all doing well, going to have it on while doing some gaming.

MadtownPacker
04-28-2022, 06:41 PM
Mofo why not? Give all these stupid fanboys one less guy to fail!

red
04-28-2022, 06:47 PM

i think that would be a smart move. how far do you think we would have to move up? in front of the saints?

red
04-28-2022, 06:49 PM
I should just list the 1 or 2 guys I absolutely do NOT want the Packers to draft in R1. That will ensure they WILL draft those 2 and they will turn out to be complete studs.

yup. just like the Love draft

i was fine with about 25 guys when we were on the board. i said anyone but love. not only did we not need a 1st round QB, but i thought he sucked as a prospect

so of course we got him

red
04-28-2022, 06:51 PM
Off to a
Confirmation service . Peter king reported arod wants olave. Olave called arod the best and in the nfl. What arod wants does arod get ?

i don't think he's there at 22

Rastak
04-28-2022, 07:14 PM
I see this place matches my excitement. Later guys.

Joemailman
04-28-2022, 07:20 PM
Jags select Travon Walker. Lions are on the clock.

I guess I won't be posting any player profiles since this site can't handle it.

red
04-28-2022, 07:20 PM

no shit, later ras. good seeing ya

lions just got handed a gift

George Cumby
04-28-2022, 07:22 PM
Lions take the local kid.

What I saw of him was impressive at the end of last season.

Joemailman
04-28-2022, 07:23 PM
Lions select Aidan Hutchinson - Michigan. Texans are on the clock.

Hutchinson is an ultra-productive edge rusher with ideal size, quickness and polish. He stood up this past season in defensive coordinator Mike Macdonald's system at Michigan. As a pass rusher, he has a quick first step and a wide array of hand moves to generate pressures/sacks. He’s collected wins with dip/rip moves, quick hand swipes, long inside-arm bull rushes and swim moves. He can feel when OTs overset and he is quick to counter inside. He also has the ability to grab and control the wrist of his opponent. He doesn’t have elite bend at the top of his rush, but once free, he has an impressive closing burst. In the run game, he holds the point of attack and his effort is nonstop on the back side. Hutchinson isn’t in the same class as the Bosa brothers, but he’s not far behind.

Joemailman
04-28-2022, 07:26 PM
Best players available now are probably OT's. Texans should trade down if they can.

Joemailman
04-28-2022, 07:29 PM
Texans select Derek Stingley - LSU Jets are on the clock.

Stingley has ideal size, speed and fluidity for the position. He had a monster freshman season, but his play was inconsistent in 2020 and 2021. He is at his best in press coverage, as he effectively re-routes wideouts with a one- or two-hand jam. He has easy speed to carry vertical routes and can flip his hips smoothly to redirect on underneath routes. Stingley is always in position downfield, but he's given up some plays on 50/50 balls. From off coverage, he has a smooth pedal and explodes out of his plant/drive. His instincts are excellent, but I do have concerns with his effort and execution as a tackler. Overall, Stingley has all of the tools to be an elite cover man, but he needs to play with more urgency and aggression.

HarveyWallbangers
04-28-2022, 07:32 PM
I had Stingley over Sauce, so I think it’s a good pick.

Joemailman
04-28-2022, 07:34 PM
I had Stingley over Sauce, so I think it’s a good pick.

A lot of people say his best year was his freshman year, and he hasn't been as good since. That's why some are surprised.

Joemailman
04-28-2022, 07:36 PM
Jets select Sauce Gardner - Cincinnati. Giants are on the clock.

Gardner is a tall, long cornerback with elite movement skills and toughness. In press coverage, he uses his length to successfully re-route wideouts. He has abnormal fluidity for such a huge cornerback (6-foot-3, 190 pounds). He can completely open his hips to mirror and match underneath. He’s rarely out of position, but if it happens, he has an incredible burst to recover. From off coverage, he is fluid and explodes out of his plant and drive. He has natural ball skills; he can find it and play it. His overall awareness is magnificent. He is very willing as a run defender and blitzer. Although he'll miss an occasional tackle, the aggressiveness and want-to are easy to identify. Overall, Gardner has a unique skill set for his size, and I see similarities to four-time Pro Bowler Antonio Cromartie when he was coming out of Florida State.

Joemailman
04-28-2022, 07:43 PM
Giants select Kayvon Thibodeaux - Oregon Panthers are on the clock.

Thibodeaux has the explosive first step to get into the pads of offensive linemen and the quick hands to prevent blockers from latching onto his frame. His swipe and push-pull moves are extremely effective. He stacks blockers, locates the ball and sheds in time to make plays as a run defender. Thibodeaux is an excellent tackler with the burst to make plays in the backfield and closing speed to make plays chasing from the backside. -- Steve Muench

Joemailman
04-28-2022, 07:44 PM
5 defensive players in a row. 1st QB coming up?

Freak Out
04-28-2022, 07:51 PM
Nope

Joemailman
04-28-2022, 07:53 PM
Panthers select Ikem Ekwonu - OT - North Carolina St. Giants are on the clock with pick from Bears.

Ekwonu is an aggressive run blocker with the power to knock defenders off the ball and drive them into the ground. In pass protection, he's extremely long and jolts rushers with his powerful punch. His pancake reel is outrageous. He sometimes over sets and needs be more patient, but he has the foot speed, length and strength to quickly develop into an effective starting tackle at the NFL level. -- Steve Muench

Joemailman
04-28-2022, 07:57 PM
Giants select Evan Neal - OT - Alabama Falcons are on the clock.

Neal is a dominant run blocker who overpowers defenders when he latches on and drives his legs. He has excellent first-step quickness for his size and shows good range as a zone blocker and when climbing to the second level. Neal doesn't have elite mirror quickness, but his wide frame makes it tough to get around him and he gives zero ground to bull rushers. He has started at both tackle positions and left guard in college. -- Steve Muench

RashanGary
04-28-2022, 07:59 PM

Hey, it wont be the same without ya. Im torn between my gf and the draft

HarveyWallbangers
04-28-2022, 08:00 PM
The Packers are going to pick Logan Hall or Tyler Smith because those are about the only guys I don’t want. Or an ILB.

King Friday
04-28-2022, 08:01 PM
QBs drop, drop, dropping...

Joemailman
04-28-2022, 08:02 PM
Falcons select Drake London - WR - USC Seahawks are on the clock

London is an elite red-zone target (and former basketball standout) who excels at making contested catches thanks to his ability to box out and contort his body while adjusting in the air. He's smooth getting out of breaks and excels at finding pockets in zone looks. London breaks tackles and flashes quick feet after the catch. -- Steve Muench

Matt Miller's NFL comp: Mike Evans

Joemailman
04-28-2022, 08:04 PM
Seahawks might be looking at Kyle Hamilton. Need to rebuild that defense. Or offensive line.

HarveyWallbangers
04-28-2022, 08:06 PM
My guy, London, goes #1 at WR.

George Cumby
04-28-2022, 08:07 PM
Any big surprises so far?

Anyone dropping?

Any big reaches?

Joemailman
04-28-2022, 08:10 PM
Seahawks select Charles Cross - OT - Miss. St. Jets are on the clock with pick from Seattle.

Cross is a two-year starter who is still developing as a pass blocker, but he's a natural knee bender. His mirror-and-slide agility is outstanding, and he has the length to keep edge rushers off his frame. As a run blocker, he fits best in a zone-heavy scheme where he can use his foot speed and length to reach and seal defensive linemen. -- Steve Muench

Matt Miller's NFL comp: Terron Armstead

Joemailman
04-28-2022, 08:11 PM
Any big surprises so far?

Anyone dropping?

Any big reaches?

Stingley was a bit of a surprise, but nothing major.

Joemailman
04-28-2022, 08:12 PM
Jets need a WR. Garrett Wilson could go here.

King Friday
04-28-2022, 08:13 PM
So far, this has gone relatively how many thought it would. It is surprising whenever you don't have a QB taken in single digit picks though.

RashanGary
04-28-2022, 08:13 PM
My guy, London, goes #1 at WR.

Youve hit a couple already. Nice work. Im sure Breece Hall in the first will be another

red
04-28-2022, 08:15 PM
run on WR's starting earlier then thought

Joemailman
04-28-2022, 08:16 PM
Jets select Garrett Wilson - WR - Ohio. St. Commandos are on the clock.

Wilson is a big-play threat with the top-level acceleration and speed to take the top off the coverage and score after the catch. His elite trait is body control. He excels at making late adjustments to the ball and makes extremely difficult contested catches because of his ability to contort his body and his hand-eye coordination. Wilson is still developing, but he has the suddenness getting in and out of breaks to run any route. -- Steve Muench

Matt Miller's NFL comp: Robert Woods

RashanGary
04-28-2022, 08:16 PM
My big prediction is Jameson Williams dropping. Too many healthy guys around to take a 182 lb wr with a high pick

red
04-28-2022, 08:17 PM
saints trade up probably for WR

Joemailman
04-28-2022, 08:18 PM
run on WR's starting earlier then thought

That will happen when there's no QB's worth taking.

King Friday
04-28-2022, 08:19 PM
My big prediction is Jameson Williams dropping. Too many healthy guys around to take a 182 lb wr with a high pick

Packers will get 2 very good players tonight.

Saints moving up? Are they taking a QB?

Joemailman
04-28-2022, 08:19 PM

Or he could go right here to Washington. Wonder how far he would have to drop before Gute would consider trading up.

Joemailman
04-28-2022, 08:20 PM
Saints are on the clock.

red
04-28-2022, 08:21 PM
saints gave up #16 and a second and third round pick to move up to #11

RashanGary
04-28-2022, 08:23 PM
saints gave up #16 and a second and third round pick to move up to #11

QB

Jaire
04-28-2022, 08:23 PM
Looks like we won't be moving up.

red
04-28-2022, 08:24 PM
lions traded up to #12

we have to move up if we get any WRs tonight

George Cumby
Looks like we won't be moving up.

Good.

George Cumby
Joe, you're cracking me up with your misnomers.

pittstang5
04-28-2022, 08:25 PM
Tony G - SHUT UP and ANNOUNCE THE PICK!

red
04-28-2022, 08:26 PM
vikings trade up instead of lions?

nope its the lions

Joemailman
04-28-2022, 08:27 PM
Saints select Chris Olave - WR - Ohio St. Vikings are on the clock

Olave is a silky smooth route runner who drops his weight and accelerates out of breaks. He explodes off the line, has outstanding top-end speed and excels at creating separation vertically. He has soft hands and attacks the ball away from his frame. Olave is seamless transitioning upfield when plucking on the run. -- Steve Muench

Matt Miller's NFL comp: Terry McLaurin

Jaire
04-28-2022, 08:28 PM
Dang. Detroit paid a lot.

HarveyWallbangers
04-28-2022, 08:28 PM
Ted Ginn and Anthony Gonzalez :)

HarveyWallbangers
04-28-2022, 08:29 PM
What was the trade?

George Cumby
04-28-2022, 08:30 PM
The Lions have picks to spare?

King Friday
04-28-2022, 08:30 PM
I would not have traded up for Olave. I'm happy staying put and grabbing top talent at other positions if need be, as long as we get at least one WR by end of the second round.

George Cumby
04-28-2022, 08:31 PM
Prisco didn't like the Olave pick.

HarveyWallbangers
Dang. Detroit paid a lot.

What they showed on NFL Network had to be wrong.

Jaire
Three trade ups in a row. Pretty crazy

Teamcheez1
I think these receivers are going way too high in the draft.

George Cumby
04-28-2022, 08:32 PM
I would not have traded up for Olave. I'm happy staying put and grabbing top talent at other positions if need be, as long as we get at least one WR by end of the second round.

Yes. If this draft is as deep as they say, don't give up capital, esp. given our cap woes.

red
there goes the elites

King Friday
Well, that may be the end of the WRs for awhile.

HarveyWallbangers

Yep. Glad we didn’t do it.

King Friday
Lions just got a lot better tonight though.

HarveyWallbangers
there goes the elites

None of those guys are elite. Burks, Pickens, and Watson have similar upside.

red

pick 32, 34 and a 3rd rounder for pick 12 and a second next year

Joemailman
04-28-2022, 08:33 PM
Lions select Jameson Williams - WR - Alabama Eagles are on the clock.

Williams was one of the fastest-rising prospects during the season, prior to his ACL tear in the College Football Playoff title game. He will likely miss some time while still rehabbing as a rookie, and he might not return to full strength until his second season. He had 79 receptions for 1,572 yards and 15 touchdowns last season. He is a tall, lean prospect with elite difference-making speed. Williams explodes off the line and shows rare closing burst to the ball in the air. He tracks the deep ball beautifully. The Ohio State transfer is also a shifty runner with the ball in his hands and shows outstanding up-field acceleration when plucking on the run. He's still developing some of the nuances of route running and can be a little bit choppy when gearing down at the top of his stem, but he has good separation skills because of his elite acceleration off the line and his natural feel for tempoing his routes. When healthy, Williams' ability to stretch the field vertically and create chunk yards is unique. -- Final evaluation

Jaire

Philadelphia just gave up four picks to move two spots. All these trades are $$$$. Detroit paid $$$$ for an injured receiver.

red
None of those guys are elite. Burks, Pickens, and Watson have similar upside.

will those guys be there?

these teams just jumped that hight to get ahead of other teams that were gonna draft WRs

HarveyWallbangers
04-28-2022, 08:34 PM
There were no truly elite WRs in this draft. A lot of good ones though. This whole draft is devoid of elite talent. I’d say maybe the top 5.

Joemailman
04-28-2022, 08:34 PM
Eagles need a WR. They're probably ticked off.

Jaire
04-28-2022, 08:35 PM
I like the Phili pick (listening to Pat McAfee show). Good pick; very Phili.

King Friday
04-28-2022, 08:35 PM
Philadelphia just gave up four picks to move two spots. All these trades are $$$$. Detroit paid $$$$ for an injured receiver.

He will get healthy...and he's the best speed receiver in the draft when he is.

King Friday
04-28-2022, 08:36 PM
There were no truly elite WRs in this draft. A lot of good ones though. This whole draft is devoid of elite talent. I’d say maybe the top 5.

Yeah...Watson or Burks could easily end up with better careers than any of the guys just picked.

red
04-28-2022, 08:36 PM
eagles just traded up 2 spots

HarveyWallbangers
04-28-2022, 08:37 PM
will those guys be there?

these teams just jumped that hight to get ahead of other teams that were gonna draft WRs

There are many more guys that will work. We knew those guys would be gone before GB picked, so no big deal. Still didn’t want to trade up.

Joemailman
04-28-2022, 08:38 PM
Drinking a Pecatonica Muskelager.

http://pecatonicabeer.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/PecCo_SS_Musky.jpg

George Cumby
04-28-2022, 08:41 PM
^ I'll have to pick one of those up next time I'm back in 'Sconnie.

Joemailman
04-28-2022, 08:42 PM
Eagles select Jordan Davis - IDL - Georgia Ravens are on the clock.

At 341 pounds, Davis is a massive nose tackle with long arms. He's impossible to move off the spot despite consistently getting double-team attention. His 4.78-second 40-yard dash is the fastest time for any player over 300 pounds at the combine since 2006, according to ESPN Stats & Info. He has good range for his size. He's a powerful bull-rusher capable of driving a single blocker back into the quarterback. -- Steve Muench

Matt Miller's NFL comp: Haloti Ngata

George Cumby
04-28-2022, 08:42 PM
I like the Phili pick (listening to Pat McAfee show). Good pick; very Phili.

Exhibit #1 for you not being Rand. Rand wouldn't listen to the Pat McAfee show, or admit to it.

King Friday
04-28-2022, 08:43 PM
Now I have to sit here and try to unsee the picture of the Muskie Queen in my mind's eye.

RashanGary
04-28-2022, 08:43 PM
I owe Bretsky a beer at the Oval Office.

RashanGary
04-28-2022, 08:47 PM
With all the receiver contracts, teams want rookie deals. Moving the WRs up. None of
these guys meet the size threshold of what top receivers usually look like. And top 11. Sheesh.

King Friday
04-28-2022, 08:47 PM
14 picks. 0 quarterbacks.

Joemailman
04-28-2022, 08:48 PM
Ravens select Kyle Hamilton. Texans are on the clock.

Hamilton is a versatile defender with a rare combination of height, weight, arm length and mobility. He posted only a slightly above-average 40-yard dash time for a safety at the combine and plays much faster on tape, thanks to his instincts and long arms. He shows high-end range in zone coverage and is capable of blanketing tight ends in man coverage. Hamilton is a playmaker who is excellent at the catch point; he picked off eight passes in 31 college games. He closes like a missile in run support and uses those long arms to lasso ball-carriers in space. -- Steve Muench

Matt Miller's NFL comp: Derwin James

HarveyWallbangers
04-28-2022, 08:49 PM
I want some QBs to start going.

King Friday
The Ravens always get great defensive players. I think Hamilton is going to be very good at the next level.

Jaire
Ravens trade Hollywood Brown to Arizona for pick 23

HarveyWallbangers
04-28-2022, 08:50 PM
Malik Willis is going to be a Steeler.

Pickett would be a good fit in NO, but I think they are rolling with Jameis.

Joemailman
04-28-2022, 08:53 PM
Texans select Kenyon Green - G - Texas A&M. Commandos are on the clock.

Green is an outstanding run blocker who takes sound angles, jolts defenders on contact and is effective climbing to the second level. His mirror-and-slide quickness is just average, but he plays with good body control, handles bull rushers well and shows good awareness in pass pro. He projects best as a guard in the NFL, but he has starting experience at every offensive line position except center. -- Steve Muench

Matt Miller's NFL comp: Trai Turner

HarveyWallbangers
04-28-2022, 08:53 PM
Vikings passed on Davis and Hamilton. Trading down is rarely a bad option though.

Jaire
04-28-2022, 08:57 PM
Good players dropping. Packers will have quite a lot to pick from at 22.

King Friday
04-28-2022, 08:57 PM
A lot of midget receivers going awful early.

George Cumby
04-28-2022, 08:59 PM
So looks like an OT for the Packers, eh?

Joemailman
Commandos select Jahan Dotson - WR - Penn St. Chargers are on the clock.

Dotson is an undersized but sudden slot receiver with elite ball skills and excellent body control. He plucks the ball on the run and over his head with ease. He has the foot speed to get off press, is a crisp route runner and is silky smooth with good field vision after the catch. -- Steve Muench

Matt Miller's NFL comp: Tyler Lockett

HarveyWallbangers
A lot of midget receivers going awful early.

Good for us

Jaire
AJ Brown to Philadelphia

King Friday
04-28-2022, 09:00 PM
17 picks...still 0 quarterbacks.

HarveyWallbangers
04-28-2022, 09:00 PM
Zion Johnson. Dang it. My guy.

King Friday
04-28-2022, 09:01 PM
The Packers may have to face their fears and take a LB in the first round.

Joemailman
04-28-2022, 09:01 PM
Chargers select Zion Johnson - G - Boston College. Titans are on the clock.

Johnson, who transferred from Davidson in 2019, played both left guard and left tackle at Boston College. He was a two-time team captain. He allowed just one sack last season and is much better suited inside. He's smooth getting set and does a good job of staying balanced and keeping in front of his assignments. Johnson shows shock in his punch and strong hands to control pass-rushers when latched on. He is not a mauler in the run game, but he consistently gets into good position, establishes early leverage, rolls his hips and keeps his legs driving. He frequently generates push and has strong hands to latch on and steer. He shows the mobility and balance to develop into an effective zone blocker. Johnson took some reps at center at the Senior Bowl and could end up there long-term. He is the top guard prospect in the 2022 class. -- Final evaluation

HarveyWallbangers
04-28-2022, 09:02 PM
AJ Brown to Philadelphia

That stinks. Titans going WR?

RashanGary
04-28-2022, 09:03 PM

Ugh. Seems like a lot of them bust.

HarveyWallbangers

Hell no

Bretsky
I owe Bretsky a beer at the Oval Office.

DUDE HE WENT 11

I think I deserve a paid Lapper :))))))

Joemailman
Is there a chance Packers could get Jermaine Johnson?

King Friday
04-28-2022, 09:04 PM
Ugh. Seems like a lot of them bust.

I think Dean may be a good one though.

Bretsky
04-28-2022, 09:05 PM
Trade 22 or 28 to a team who wants to get to round one for a QB

Bretsky
04-28-2022, 09:05 PM
Is there a chance Packers could get Jermaine Johnson?

that would be AMAZING

RashanGary
04-28-2022, 09:06 PM
Karlaftis fits what the Packers like at edge

King Friday
04-28-2022, 09:07 PM
Karlaftis fits what the Packers like at edge

I'd rather have Johnson.

King Friday
that would be AMAZING

Yes, PLEASE.

George Cumby
Titans took the WR we wanted, eh?

Jaire
phewwww!!!

Burks is gone. I was worried about that pick. Go Titans!!! (and AJ Brown gets a four year 100 million dollar extension).

Bretsky
04-28-2022, 09:08 PM
There goes the guy I was silently hoping for .....Burks gone

pittstang5
Damn - I really liked Treylon Burks

King Friday
Looking like Watson might be our guy.

Joemailman
Titans select Treylon Burks - WR - Arkansas. Saints are on the clock.

Burks is a thickly built receiver who excels after the catch and is a mismatch working out of the slot, where he primarily lined up at Arkansas. He's an instinctive open-field runner, has the strength to break tackles and plays faster than his timed speed. He has some focus drops, but he has long arms, great body control to adjust to the ball and will make some highlight reel one-handed catches. -- Steve Muench

Matt Miller's NFL comp: A.J. Brown

George Cumby
How much you want to bet Pitt takes a defensive player we covet?

Jaire

They can take any edge they like.

HarveyWallbangers
04-28-2022, 09:09 PM
I might think about Watson or Pickens at #22. There will be good players at other positions at #28

wthigoot
04-28-2022, 09:09 PM

Pitt will probably take Karlaftis

King Friday
04-28-2022, 09:10 PM
Pats will take Johnson right before us. Fuck you hoodie.

call_me_ishmael
Treylon Burks AJ Brown cue Pam Beasley it’s the same picture meme

RashanGary
I miss the days of having rounds 1-3 on the first day of the draft.

King Friday
04-28-2022, 09:11 PM

They need offense badly.

Bretsky
JERMAINE JOHNSON COUNTDOWN

What is he like character wise ?

He seems TOO GOOD to be true

We're getting set it; he'll be there and we'll pick somebody else :)))))))))))))

RashanGary

Hoodie always does weird stuff. He might not.

Bretsky
04-28-2022, 09:12 PM

Ya, he's a Hoody Genius guy

I'm guessing Hoody Genius picks Leo Chenel too; Leo is a Hoody guy

Bretsky
04-28-2022, 09:13 PM
I am ok with Saints picking Penning

Jaire
I might think about Watson or Pickens at #22. There will be good players at other positions at #28

Agreed. Just depends if they have Watson / Pickens graded that high.

Bretsky
GREEN BAY should call PITTSBURG, give up a 5th, move to 20, and get Jermaine Johnson

King Friday
I am ok with Saints picking Penning

Absolutely.

Joemailman
04-28-2022, 09:14 PM
Saints select Trevor Penning - OT - Northern Iowa. Steelers are on the clock.

Penning is an outstanding run blocker and relentless mauler who overwhelms defenders at the point of attack. His footwork is inconsistent and he sets too high at times, but he has the foot speed, size, length and heavy hands to quickly develop into an effective pass blocker. -- Steve Muench

Matt Miller's NFL comp: Nate Solder

HarveyWallbangers
04-28-2022, 09:15 PM
I kind of felt like Johnson was a tad overrated. Gave him a late 1st grade, but I’d take him at this spot in the draft. We pass on WR at #22, we’d need to hope we can get Moore, Pierce, or Tolbert in round 2.

King Friday
04-28-2022, 09:16 PM
If Johnson is there, we damn well better take him. Damn that would make our DL scary.

Bretsky
04-28-2022, 09:16 PM
Agreed. Just depends if they have Watson / Pickens graded that high.

I"d rather trade down than overdraft a WR. Think they will both be gone at 28 ?

Bretsky
04-28-2022, 09:17 PM
I kind of felt like Johnson was a tad overrated. Gave him a late 1st grade, but I’d take him at this spot in the draft. We pass on WR at #22, we’d need to hope we can get Moore, Pierce, or Tolbert in round 2.

You don't think we can get Watson or Pickens at 28 ?

Jaire
If Johnson is there, we damn well better take him. Damn that would make our DL scary.

There's a lot of great edge left and some better than Johnson.

King Friday

Maybe, but he had 11.5 sacks, and played hard on a crappy team. I agree he wasn't worth a top ten pick, but he's worthy of a pick in the middle of the first. Getting him at 22 would be fabulous.

red
04-28-2022, 09:18 PM
COME ON WATSON

Joemailman
04-28-2022, 09:18 PM
Packers can have Johnson, Karlaftis or Daxton Hill. Not bad.

King Friday
04-28-2022, 09:19 PM
There's a lot of great edge left and some better than Johnson.

Who?

George Cumby
04-28-2022, 09:19 PM
Ok. Who's BPA ATM?

King Friday
04-28-2022, 09:20 PM
Thank you Steelers.

Bretsky
04-28-2022, 09:20 PM
I would think Jermaine Johnson is the BPA

RashanGary
04-28-2022, 09:21 PM
Steelers take a swing at QB

pittstang5
Kenny Pickett to the Steelers is just awesome. As a Pitt Alum, I wish the best of luck to Kenny and the Steelers.

Bretsky
I would bless Watson as well; I don't think Watson is getting by KC

Joemailman
04-28-2022, 09:22 PM
Steelers select Kenny Pickett - QB - Pittsburgh. Patriots are on the clock.

Pickett is a fast and accurate processor, and his ability to buy time is one of his greatest strengths. He shows good touch and timing as a deep passer. Pickett is a threat to tuck the ball and scramble for first downs. His hands are smaller than any starter's or notable backup's hands in the NFL. -- Steve Muench

Matt Miller's NFL comp: Kirk Cousins

King Friday
04-28-2022, 09:22 PM
Pickett deserved to be first QB taken.

Jaire
04-28-2022, 09:23 PM
KC jumps Green Bay

Bretsky
CHIEFS JUST TRADED AHEAD OF GB

HERE GOES HW'S GUY

George Cumby
What's KC after?

texaspackerbacker
I'm hoping for Jermaine Johnson for the Packers and Watson at 28. Worried about the Patriots, though.

red
04-28-2022, 09:24 PM
someone just jumped us

Joemailman
What's KC after?

Watson I bet

Bretsky
COME ON WATSON

CHIEFS

Joemailman
someone just jumped us
Chiefs

call_me_ishmael
Pickens and Watson go right here IMO

red
04-28-2022, 09:25 PM
chiefs trade up wanting watson

Bretsky
multiple media heads were predicting KC would trade up to jump GB to take Watson

RashanGary
Watson

Freak Out
04-28-2022, 09:26 PM
Yep

Bretsky
HOLY CRAP

McDuffie

We didn't want that guy :)))

pittstang5
Thank God...

red
KC takes Mcduffie

George Cumby
Ha!

Jaire
McDuffie

King Friday
04-28-2022, 09:27 PM
C'mon Johnson! Then get whoever is left at WR at 28.

Freak Out
Whoa

Bretsky
JERMAINE JOHNSON OR WATSON ?????:pc::pc::pc::pc::pc: THE TABLE

HarveyWallbangers
Interesting. We may be able to wait until #28 for WR now. Take Johnson, Hill, or Jones maybe.

Joemailman
Chiefs select Trent McDuffie - CB - Washington. America's Team is on the clock.

McDuffie has smooth hips, excellent burst and easy speed. He shows good pattern recognition and discipline in zone. His lack of length is a concern when it comes to competing with bigger targets at the catch point, and he's not a ball hawk. McDuffie plays the run with a linebacker's mentality; there isn't a better tackling corner in this class. -- Steve Muench

Matt Miller's NFL comp: Chris Harris Jr.

King Friday
04-28-2022, 09:28 PM
Fast pick turn in.

Bretsky
Don't wanna sleep on Sky Moore
He's really really good too

RashanGary
If it was Ted wed take the DL

Bretsky
04-28-2022, 09:29 PM
NFL Network shocked Jermaine Johnson is still there. Noting the value is not there at WR.

Bretsky
04-28-2022, 09:29 PM
If it was Ted wed take the DL

Let's channel our inner TED and take a WR at 28

red
04-28-2022, 09:30 PM
took Quay Walker

RashanGary
Karlaftis fits what we do.

HarveyWallbangers
Yuck! He’ll probably be great.

George Cumby
04-28-2022, 09:31 PM
Hahahahahhahahhaaha

red
its amazing how all of a sudden we realized after like 20 years that ILBs actually can make a difference

Upnorth
Wtf?????

Bretsky
not sure what I think
Kind of speechless

texaspackerbacker
DAMN DAMN DAMN

call_me_ishmael
WTF I hate it. Didn’t we just sign that dude at ILB? Woof.

King Friday
04-28-2022, 09:32 PM
Yuck.

Joemailman
Packers select Quay Walker - LB - Georgia. Bills are on the clock.

Walker is a rangy run-defender and strong striker who wraps up ball-carriers. He matches up well with tight ends in coverage and shows good awareness in zone. He has some upside as a pass-rusher. Walker flashes the ability to slip blocks, and he closes well. He has experience rushing off the edge and between the tackles. -- Steve Muench

pittstang5
Yelp. Not surprised. Again, totally didn't see that coming.

Bretsky
OK, thoughts on Walker ???????

To be honest I don't know the LB's that well since I didn't think there was any way we were taking this one

Jaire
I think I like it.

He can play edge and ilb

King Friday
One year starter on a team filled with NFL talent...I didn't think he was a first round talent.

red
04-28-2022, 09:33 PM
Fucking gutey

red
04-28-2022, 09:33 PM
I think I like it.

He can play edge and ilb

except hes limited as a pass rushed and can't play man

Bretsky
04-28-2022, 09:34 PM
WTF I hate it. Didn’t we just sign that dude at ILB? Woof.

Ya, the theory by some was since we just paid big for the ILB we would pass on a guy like this

Gute is smarter :))))

In the end, if Gute wins a Super Bowl this will be considered a great pick; if he doesn't we'll be wondering what the helil happened three years from now

texaspackerbacker
04-28-2022, 09:34 PM
Johnson, Watson, Wyatt, Karlaftis all there and they take a damn ILB - DAMN.

Joemailman
04-28-2022, 09:35 PM
I think I like it.

He can play edge and ilb

And pretty good in coverage. Didn't see it coming (never do with Gute), but I'm okay with it.

Bretsky
Once upon a time an elite amazing talent named Odell Smash Mouth Thurman was way underdrafted because he was a bad human being

Maybe Jermaine Johnson is as well.

pittstang5
We do need help stopping the run...so, there's that.

George Cumby
04-28-2022, 09:36 PM
A leader, loves the game and a hot motor AND the measurable:

https://thedraftnetwork.com/player/quay-walker

red
Ya, the theory by some was since we just paid big for the ILB we would pass on a guy like this

Gute is smarter :))))

In the end, if Gute wins a Super Bowl this will be considered a great pick; if he doesn't we'll be wondering what the helil happened three years from now

we aren't making the playoffs if we don't find 2 starting WRs soon

King Friday
I don't like the pick at all. Too much talent at more premium positions available that can help NOW.

Joemailman
04-28-2022, 09:37 PM

He also plays outside.

Bretsky

TEX, you can't be negative. You are the KOOL AIDE GUY :)))

Wyatt has some huge character concerns

I'm shocked by Johnson falling this badly

Karliftkis might be there at 28 and Watson, Pickens, and Sky Moore may be as well

Anti-Polar Bear
Walker: Poor man’s Micah Parsons. I dig this dawg and this pick.

Now trade the 28 and the Fucking Center for DK!!!

George Cumby
04-28-2022, 09:38 PM
Prisco gives the pick an 'A'.

Rastak
04-28-2022, 09:38 PM
Vikings trade might cheer you up. Probably not.

HarveyWallbangers
04-28-2022, 09:39 PM
I like Walker. I was this close to moving him to LB1. Didn’t have the balls, but I put him in the same tier as Dean and Lloyd.

Joemailman
Bills select Kalir Elam - CB - Florida. Cowboys on the clock.

Elam is a tall corner with outstanding straight-line speed. He excels in press-zone coverage, where he can lean on his best traits -- physicality and instincts. He has quick feet and closes well, but he's tight and too "handsy" at times. He has shorter arms and smaller hands, but he had six picks and 26 passes defended over the past three seasons. -- Steve Muench

King Friday
And pretty good in coverage. Didn't see it coming (never do with Gute), but I'm okay with it.

I hope he's good in coverage. He has the wingspan of a 747.

Bretsky

There are still about five or six six guys who might fit the bill as staters. Sky Moore, Watson, Pickens, and Pierce jump out. I know it's greedy but I kind of wanted two of the top 11 or so and six of them are gone

HarveyWallbangers
04-28-2022, 09:40 PM

We don’t need two starting WRs. We need one good one. Tonyan and Jones/Dillon can be utilized more.

Bretsky
04-28-2022, 09:41 PM
I like Walker. I was this close to moving him to LB1. Didn’t have the balls, but I put him in the same tier as Dean and Lloyd.

Thx for the view

I didn't watch much of him at all cause I thought there was no chance we'd draft him

King Friday
We don’t need two starting WRs. We need one good one. Tonyan and Jones/Dillon can be utilized more.

I agree. The MiLF offense will become more prominent in 2022-23.

HarveyWallbangers
I love “my” Georgia guys and Stokes was good last year.

Bretsky
04-28-2022, 09:42 PM

I would really like two high end, draft wise WR's.

But I really would love one of three TE's as well.

call_me_ishmael
04-28-2022, 09:43 PM
ARod is probably pissed. Dumb. Good chance we get Pickens or Other Guy though.