PDA

View Full Version : 2022 First Round Pick. #28, Devonte Wyatt Discussion Thread.

George Cumby
04-28-2022, 10:30 PM
Big, fast and nasty.

Upnorth
04-28-2022, 10:38 PM
Love this pick. Maybe we can have a great run d finally. This is the best dl we have had since 2009-10 I think, and possibly going back to 1997.

RashanGary
04-28-2022, 10:41 PM
Love this pick. Maybe we can have a great run d finally. This is the best dl we have had since 2009-10 I think, and possibly going back to 1997.

Clark and Wyatt are the top two.
Lowry and Reed are the top backups
Slayton hopefully has a good offseason and can spell Kenny Clark. If he doesnt, then we might have to bring Lancaster back.

Joemailman
04-28-2022, 10:56 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FOqLaAyXMAE78Ms.png

texaspackerbacker
04-28-2022, 10:59 PM
I hope he isn't overrated due to playing on a super D team and next to Davis. I hope the rotation is Clark and Wyatt with Reed and Slayton subbing in - and Lowry gone. But I suppose It will be Clark and Reed with Wyatt and Lowry subbing in - and Slayton basically going to waste.

call_me_ishmael
04-28-2022, 11:02 PM
Chris Simms loves Quay.

https://twitter.com/CSimmsQB/status/1519867831256600579?t=0K2XgBvZMyGeBA9KdSa2HA&s=19

Watch the video in the second tweet.

Bretsky
04-28-2022, 11:18 PM
Chris Simms loves Quay.

https://twitter.com/CSimmsQB/status/1519867831256600579?t=0K2XgBvZMyGeBA9KdSa2HA&s=19

Watch the video in the second tweet.

the cbssportline analyst gave the Walker pick an A; called him a big time playmaker

Anti-Polar Bear
04-29-2022, 01:01 AM
Fat, slow and nefarious.

Fixed. This guy will be a bigger bust than Justin Harrell.

George Cumby
04-29-2022, 03:44 AM
Fixed. This guy will be a bigger bust than Justin Harrell.

That's a pretty high bar of bust you're talking there.

King Friday
04-29-2022, 06:25 AM
I like Wyatt a lot...wish he wasn't close to getting his AARP card, but we can still get 5 great years out of him.

Jaire
04-29-2022, 08:34 AM
I've wanted a guy like this for three years now. Dude is Quinnin Williams. steal.

Gute thought he lost out on him when he took Quay. Again, I'm not sold on ilb in first round but getting Wyatt makes that pretty easy to swallow. And when you factor in Gute's reasoning for why they wanted Walker, it makes more sense. We'll see what edge they grab day two: that's likely BPA with one of our next three picks.

HarveyWallbangers
04-29-2022, 09:56 AM
One of those where I thought the DV incident would knock him down the Packers board. However, I'm positive the Packers properly vetted this guy (given their history), so I'm down with this pick. I had three DL that were head and shoulders above the rest, and he was one of them. He gives you a little less in run defense and taking on blocks, but he has the best pass rushing ability in this draft. He's also a high effort player--which I like to see from DL.

Fritz
04-29-2022, 11:45 AM
Gute's answer about vetting him made me cringe a bit: He never hit anyone!

Oh, okay.

But in seriousness, I like the pick a lot. Clark needs help, and if Slayton continues to develop, they'll have a nice defensive line to go with those ILB's and corners.

But part of my opinion is based on nothing more than what kind of football I like watching and having. I much prefer watching the Packers when they have great, shut-down defense, even if the O isn't as good. I'd much prefer that to a high-scoring circa 2011 offense paired with a defense that stops nothing. I actually did not enjoy that year all that much, even before the playoff knockout. Every time Rodgers would throw a TD to Jordy Nelson, the other team would come right back down the field and score, too, and the pressure would be back on the offense. I much, much preferred this past season's KC game, when it was clear that the KC offense was about useless against that Packer defensive effort. That was actually one of my favorite games to watch this year. And I love what that Packer D did to SF. So my liking of these picks is in large part simply a function of what I prefer in a team.

Deputy Nutz
04-29-2022, 11:51 AM
Watched 3 games from him. Initial thoughts

1.Needs to be better at pass/run recognition - causes him to get high and he gets pushed back when its run, or neutralized in the pass game - he is strong enough to bull rush, or uses his hands to eventually get through blocks.

2. Good Stunter whether that is a straight gap penetrator or stunting multiple gaps over. When he doesn't have to initially read blocks and goes the direction he is told he is usually causing disruption in the backfield.

3. Good motor on him, always involved in the chase.

4. Probably the 3rd or 4th best lineman on the Bulldogs defense in 2021.

5. I would say that he is 1st round talent, but he will be a bit of a project during his first year or so in the NFL.

George Cumby
04-29-2022, 12:05 PM
Gute's answer about vetting him made me cringe a bit: He never hit anyone!

Oh, okay.

But in seriousness, I like the pick a lot. Clark needs help, and if Slayton continues to develop, they'll have a nice defensive line to go with those ILB's and corners.

But part of my opinion is based on nothing more than what kind of football I like watching and having. I much prefer watching the Packers when they have great, shut-down defense, even if the O isn't as good. I'd much prefer that to a high-scoring circa 2011 offense paired with a defense that stops nothing. I actually did not enjoy that year all that much, even before the playoff knockout. Every time Rodgers would throw a TD to Jordy Nelson, the other team would come right back down the field and score, too, and the pressure would be back on the offense. I much, much preferred this past season's KC game, when it was clear that the KC offense was about useless against that Packer defensive effort. That was actually one of my favorite games to watch this year. And I love what that Packer D did to SF. So my liking of these picks is in large part simply a function of what I prefer in a team.

Agree about the type of team I want to see on the field.

A dynamic offense is great, but I want to see a hard-nosed, tone setting defense out there.

HarveyWallbangers
04-29-2022, 01:31 PM
Watched 3 games from him. Initial thoughts

1.Needs to be better at pass/run recognition - causes him to get high and he gets pushed back when its run, or neutralized in the pass game - he is strong enough to bull rush, or uses his hands to eventually get through blocks.

2. Good Stunter whether that is a straight gap penetrator or stunting multiple gaps over. When he doesn't have to initially read blocks and goes the direction he is told he is usually causing disruption in the backfield.

3. Good motor on him, always involved in the chase.

4. Probably the 3rd or 4th best lineman on the Bulldogs defense in 2021.

5. I would say that he is 1st round talent, but he will be a bit of a project during his first year or so in the NFL.

Next year, I'm going to make my NFL draft scouting spreadsheet public, and I'm going to make you do the OL and DL. :)

Deputy Nutz
04-29-2022, 01:45 PM
Next year, I'm going to make my NFL draft scouting spreadsheet public, and I'm going to make you do the OL and DL. :)
We should start a podcast

HarveyWallbangers
04-29-2022, 02:09 PM
We should start a podcast

People are making money. Some are decent. Most are awful.

HarveyWallbangers
04-29-2022, 02:10 PM
@Peter_Bukowski
Devante Wyatt was the highest graded iDL in the Power five last year by @PFF. He was also the only guy in that group to have an 80+ grade as a pass rusher and run defender.

Also led the iDL in rush wins in Senior Bowl 1v1s.

HarveyWallbangers
04-29-2022, 02:13 PM
The biggest question: after years of spelling Davante Adams name "Devante", will Bretsky get it right with Wyatt? Or will he spell it wrong? :)

RashanGary
04-29-2022, 03:20 PM
2. DEVONTE WYATT, Georgia (6-3, 309, 4.79, 1): Operated as a 3-technique, which figures to be his NFL position. “I’d take Davis,” said one scout. “Wyatt has quickness and agility. He’ll show you an explosive first step to engage and penetrate. He improved his hand use as a pass rusher as the 2021 season progressed. He has a knack for getting his hands up in passing lanes and batting the ball down. Potential starting DT. Can he continue to develop as an interior rusher?” Another scout said no DT in this draft was as good as the Titans’ Jeffery Simmons, adding that Wyatt was the closest. “He’s a f----- so he may slide,” said a third scout. “But he is talented enough. He’s not as big as Gerald McCoy. He’s got more movement than Kenny Clark. He’s a little bigger than Tommie Harris but he’s got lateral movement and explosiveness like that.” Arrested and charged after a domestic incident involving a woman at her dwelling in 2020; charges later were dropped. “He’s not a wow but he’s really good at everything,” a fourth scout said. “He’s strong and athletic. He can bend. Good with his hands. You want him to finish better but there were times he was almost unblockable, and he wasn’t playing against The Little Sisters of the Poor.” Finished with 113 tackles (12 for loss) and five sacks as a two-year starter. “He’s a little bit of a turd but he’s got more upside than (Davis),” a fifth scout said. “He’s good, but the really good one is still there. Jalen Carter. He’s the best player on their team.” Arms measured just 32 5/8. Wonderlic of 8. “Little bit of a screwup but he loves football,” said a sixth scout. “He’s got some strength at the point of attack and interior gap quickness. He will hustle to the ball. He’s a 3-technique penetrator.” From Decatur, Ga.

RashanGary
04-29-2022, 07:40 PM
Fact/stat: Fifth-year senior… After one season of junior college, he played off the bench in 2018-’19 before starting at 3-technique in 2020-’21 … Had 12 tackles for loss, five sacks and two forced fumbles in his career.

AFC scout: “He’s a 3-technique penetrator. He’s a really good player. I see him as a late one, early two. He’s an athletic 3-technique. He’s got some strength at the point of attack and interior gap quickness. He will hustle to the ball. He’s a little bit of a screw-up but he loves football. He’s a better fit for a 4-3 team than a 3-4.”

NFC scout: “He’s a twitched-up guy. He’s a guy that got overshadowed for the most part at Georgia. What you saw at the combine, he moves like that for real. You saw flashes in college. He has huge upside as a pass rusher, and you know he can play the run because that’s what they do (at Georgia).”

AFC scout: “I think he’s got a chance to do that (be an outstanding pass rusher).”

NFC scout: “He makes a mess in there. Doesn’t have much talent but guy plays his ass off. He’s smart. Got technique. He’ll get crushed but he keeps coming. The scheme helps him. Not a pass rusher by any stretch. Energy tough guy. Second round.”

AFC scout: “He’s pretty well-rounded. He can rush and is a great athlete.”

NFC scout: “He has the potential to be a three-down guy. He really tested well even though his production numbers didn’t (match). I don’t know if he the potential to be the next Danielle Hunter of the world in that he didn’t have a lot of production coming out but was so unique athletically. He has some in-line pass rush ability. Three-technique.”

AFC scout: “I’d take (Jordan) Davis. They lined (Wyatt) up all over the line. Has quickness, agility. He’ll show you an explosive first step to engage and penetrate. He improved his hand use as a pass rusher as the 2021 season progressed. He has a knack for getting his hands up in passing lanes and batting the ball down. Potential starting defensive tackle. Three-technique projection. Can he continue to develop as an interior rusher?”

NFC scout: “He’s a f---up so he may slide but he is talented. He’s not as big as Gerald McCoy. He’s got more movement than Kenny Clark. A little bigger than Tommie Harris but he’s got lateral movement and explosiveness like that. Good player. I’m still working through his off-the-field. Domestic violence. (Wyatt was charged with three misdemeanors in a domestic incident in 2020 but charges were dropped) … Holy f---, is he talented. He can do whatever he wants. I rated him higher than (Jordan) Davis. He’s not as stout. More athletic.”

AFC scout: “Struggles to learn. Aptitude concerns are real. Surprised the staff with knowledge of the defense. Accountable, on time, shows some leadership. Best fit is as a 4-3 3-technique where he can use his athletic ability and hide his small frame more. Not a fit for 3-4 teams. Wasn’t in the shape he needed to be in (2020). Got his weight back down (in 2021).”

AFC scout: “He’s the closest in the draft to Jeffery Simmons.”

NFC scout: “He is a better player than Davis.”

AFC scout: “He’d be good for a team that features a 3-technique playing in the gaps. That would be close to ideal for his system fit. It would allow him to play upfield, get off the ball. That’s who he is.”

AFC scout: “He’s not a wow like (DeMarvin) Leal but he’s really good at everything. He’s really stout, very strong, can hold a double, dominate a single. There has been some underachiever to him over the course of his career. May have had a senior epiphany … He could play both interior spots. He’s strong, athletic. He can bend. Good with his hands. You want him to finish better but there were times he was almost unblockable, and he wasn’t playing against The Little Sisters of the Poor.”

AFC scout: “He’s a little bit of a turd but he’s got more upside than Davis. He’s good; the really good one there is still there. Jalen Carter. He’s the best player on their team.”

NFC scout: “Explosive, powerful. He can easily handle single blocks and block-backs by offensive linemen. Good instincts to shock and shed. Good plant and change direction. Has acceleration in chase. Not as big or explosive as Davis but much more twitch. Strong at the point. He can run.”

Bretsky
04-29-2022, 08:09 PM
The biggest question: after years of spelling Davante Adams name "Devante", will Bretsky get it right with Wyatt? Or will he spell it wrong? :)

I'm spelling it wrong; ditto if we pick that TE you like ....Kosar.....lol

run pMc
04-30-2022, 02:51 PM
I liked him until the domestic stuff came to light, then I figured he was off the board... then they bring him in for a visit. They generally don't have tolerance for guys like that, but they did employ LeTroy Guion and a few others at times. I wonder about him AND Jarren Reed on the team. I do think he's a fuckup and probably surrounds himself with a bad group, but I don't doubt he like football. He's athletic and seems like he'll play the 3T and occasionally the 1. He struck me as a more athletic Kenny Clark, although I think Kenny was a 0/1T and thicker built coming out of UCLA. I think he can be disruptive enough rushing the passer and if teams double Kenny that will give him opportunities.

How Slaton fits in will be interesting. He's a nose, but maybe they think he can play the 5T? Or does Reed play there? I could see Wyatt and Kenny playing the 3T, but maybe Reed gets snaps there too?
Either way, that's a pretty good front, and it's a big step up from Tyler Lancaster, Heflin, and Abdullah Anderson. You have to have good players up front to send in waves or else your run D gets gashed because your line sucks or is dead-legged by the 4Q.

bobblehead
04-30-2022, 03:05 PM
@Peter_Bukowski
Devante Wyatt was the highest graded iDL in the Power five last year by @PFF. He was also the only guy in that group to have an 80+ grade as a pass rusher and run defender.

Also led the iDL in rush wins in Senior Bowl 1v1s.

There is a pattern that has emerged since fat mike left. Gone are the days of "this TE is for blocking, that one for passing. This LB for the run, that for the pass". ect. Gutes and MiLF are drafting guys who can do whatever is givwn them. TEs have to block and catch. ILB have to cover and run fit. OL have to run/pass block. And on it goes. Wyatt has such value (like Campbell) because you can't exploit his weakness.

HarveyWallbangers
05-01-2022, 03:25 AM
ESPN

Pre-Draft Analysis
Wyatt is an explosive defensive tackle who quickly locates the ball and slips blocks rushing the passer and defending the run. He chases with good effort, has good range and always seems to be around the ball. Wyatt is not a massive space eater -- and he can give too much ground to double teams -- but he plays with good leverage and is stout in one-on-one situations. -- Steve Muench

Matt Miller's NFL comp: Christian Wilkins

Post-Draft Analysis
Green Bay hasn't drafted a receiver in the first round since 2002, and barring a trade, that streak continues tonight. Wyatt is a good value at this point in the draft, and he has the potential to quickly develop into a three down player in defensive coordinator Joe Barry's scheme. -- Muench

Projected Year 1 impact: Day 1 starter. Wyatt can step in right away and become an explosive running mate alongside Kenny Clark -- Jordan Reid

RashanGary
05-03-2022, 03:00 PM
Were gonna play mostly 2-4 nickel. Watson is the perfect fit next to Clark.

Clark is a complete player with a lean toward run stopping.

Wyatt is a complete player with a lean toward pass rusher.

Together they can do everything. Clark will eat doubles and Wyatt can destroy singles.

Lowry and Reed become top backups. Both can play in a rotation.

And whoever wins out will be good as our 5th and 6th.

Now we have a good DL and its not just Clark anymore.

Fritz
05-03-2022, 03:21 PM
I liked him until the domestic stuff came to light, then I figured he was off the board... then they bring him in for a visit. They generally don't have tolerance for guys like that, but they did employ LeTroy Guion and a few others at times. I wonder about him AND Jarren Reed on the team. I do think he's a fuckup and probably surrounds himself with a bad group, but I don't doubt he like football. He's athletic and seems like he'll play the 3T and occasionally the 1. He struck me as a more athletic Kenny Clark, although I think Kenny was a 0/1T and thicker built coming out of UCLA. I think he can be disruptive enough rushing the passer and if teams double Kenny that will give him opportunities.

How Slaton fits in will be interesting. He's a nose, but maybe they think he can play the 5T? Or does Reed play there? I could see Wyatt and Kenny playing the 3T, but maybe Reed gets snaps there too?
Either way, that's a pretty good front, and it's a big step up from Tyler Lancaster, Heflin, and Abdullah Anderson. You have to have good players up front to send in waves or else your run D gets gashed because your line sucks or is dead-legged by the 4Q.

This is something I've been thinking. Is Reed a nose or a 3 or both? Be interesting to see if Ford can earn a spot. He's strictly nose, so if he makes it, do they move Slaton around a bit? Do they move Clark around a bit? And can Wyatt play the 5? I'm assuming Lowry is a 5?

HarveyWallbangers
05-03-2022, 04:57 PM
I don't think Reed is a nose. I think pass rushing is supposed to be his strength. He has 24 1/2 sacks in the equivalent of 5 season's worth of starts.

Joemailman
05-03-2022, 05:24 PM
Larry McCarren did some film breakdown of Reed earlier this year. Played a lot of 3 and some 5. I don't think he showed any 1 at all.

RashanGary
05-03-2022, 08:07 PM
Preston/Clark/Wyatt/Gary

Will be fun to watch! Cant wait!

RashanGary
05-03-2022, 08:12 PM
It would be nice to have a really lucky health year. I wonder how good the defense could be if they stayed healthy.

Bretsky
05-03-2022, 11:41 PM
Is our DEFENSE better than our OFFENSE ??

HarveyWallbangers
05-04-2022, 01:04 AM

Wasnt it better last year? At least, in some metrics.

Upnorth
05-04-2022, 07:17 AM

When bak and Jenkins are injured, yes 100%. And I really think we improved our d this off season vs a loss on o.

Joemailman
05-04-2022, 07:37 AM

I hope so. History shows for Packers to win the Super Bowl, the defense needs to be better than the offense. And really it should be. Over the last 10 drafts, 10 of 11 1st round picks have been on defense. The only exception player was Jordan Love.

Fritz
05-04-2022, 09:00 AM
Well, if Reed is a 3 and sometimes five, and Wyatt is a 3 and maybe a 5, and Lowry is ____?, then you've got Clark, Slayton, and maybe Ford anchoring the middle. Seems like there's some flexibility there.

Be nice not to have Lancaster on the team - it would mean there's been an upgrade in depth.

Joemailman
05-04-2022, 09:20 AM
Well, if Reed is a 3 and sometimes five, and Wyatt is a 3 and maybe a 5, and Lowry is ____?, then you've got Clark, Slayton, and maybe Ford anchoring the middle. Seems like there's some flexibility there.

Be nice not to have Lancaster on the team - it would mean there's been an upgrade in depth.

Lancaster is a free agent. I doubt the Packers have any thoughts of bringing him back. Heflin could be in the mix too.

Joemailman
05-05-2022, 08:27 AM
Can't teach this. https://twitter.com/i/status/1522057354220642304

SudsMcBucky
05-05-2022, 10:06 AM
Agrees to 4 year deal worth $12.86M including $6.53M signing bonus.

RashanGary
05-05-2022, 07:11 PM
2021 defensive snaps

Clark (782) 72%
Lowry (674) 62%
Keke (393) 36%
Lancaster (319) 31%
Slayton (255) 24%
Heflin (17) 2%

VS

2022 projected

Clark 70%
Wyatt 50%
Lowry 40%
Reed 40%
Slayton 20%
Heflin 0%

2022 vs 2021
Clark = Clark
Wyatt > Lowry
Lowry > Keke
Reed > Lancaster
2nd year Slayton > rookie Slayton

We look to be much improved on our DL rotation with the additions of Wyatt and Reed. Just how good Wyatt is, remains to be seen, but we could be in for a huge jump in 2022. Slayton could be much improved too.

texaspackerbacker
05-05-2022, 08:47 PM
When you're right, you're right.

run pMc
05-06-2022, 09:04 AM
Agree with Tex.

Replacing Lancaster and Keke with Wyatt and Reed should be an improvement.

RashanGary
05-06-2022, 11:05 AM
Sometimes you get those big second year jumps too. Slayton played well enough to see the field last year. We could get really lucky and be 5 deep on the DL.

bobblehead
05-06-2022, 01:24 PM
Hmmm....we are all agreeing with Tex. I'll take consolation with the fact I'm actually agreeing with JH. Tex is an over the top homer (not a bad thing) so his optimism means nothing to me.

bobblehead
05-06-2022, 01:29 PM
Lets add to it this way as well, since I think the game is won in the trenches on both sides of the ball:

OL 2021 vs. 2022

LT Bak vs. no Bak
LG Runyan vs. Jenkins by playoffs I hope, or Runyan one year improved
C Myers one year improved and healthy for playoffs I hope
RG Tom vs. Hansen will be a nice upgrade imo
RT Yosh another year in.

A lot of variables, but if we can get healthy it will be much better and I really like the draft picks we added. I'm especially high on Tom to be a TJ Lang type steal.

RashanGary
05-06-2022, 01:38 PM
You forgot to include Rhyan and Newman (a year improved) in your OL calculations.

But yeah, both sides of the line should be improved in 2022.

HarveyWallbangers
05-10-2022, 08:00 PM
I think he meant Newman—because Hansen is an OC only and unlikely to make the team.

Maybe Bakh will be healthy for the playoffs finally, I would love to roll into the playoffs with this OL:

LT Bakh
LG Runyan
C Myers
RG Tom, Rhyan, or Newman (may the best man win)
RT Jenkins

RashanGary
05-10-2022, 09:44 PM
Preston/Clark/Wyatt/Gary

Looks pretty good.

HarveyWallbangers
05-10-2022, 09:52 PM
Honestly, this might be the most complete Packers team we’ve seen since the 1996 Packers. Coincidentally, that was a team without a #1 WR. Brooks got injured early in the year. Our top WR, Antonio Freeman, was a second year player who had 8 receptions his rookie year. It took losing Sharpe for Favre to become an MVP caliber player.

HarveyWallbangers
05-10-2022, 09:57 PM
Rodgers, Jones/Dillon, Watkins/Lazard/Cobb/Watson, Tonyan, Bakh, Runyan, Myers, Rhyan/Tom, Jenkins
Gary, Clark, Wyatt, Smith, Campbell, Walker, Alexander, Stokes, Douglas, Amos, Savage

That is a kick ass starting lineup.

Upnorth
05-11-2022, 07:15 AM
Wr1 and fs are the only question marks. I feel confident in this team.

Actually until we see how his knee heals lt is our biggest question mark. If he is solid happy days!

Jaire
05-13-2022, 08:58 AM
Honestly, this might be the most complete Packers team we’ve seen since the 1996 Packers. Coincidentally, that was a team without a #1 WR. Brooks got injured early in the year. Our top WR, Antonio Freeman, was a second year player who had 8 receptions his rookie year. It took losing Sharpe for Favre to become an MVP caliber player.

What I've been seeing. I haven't been this high on a draft since 2009 when I started following drafts. And this has so much more depth. I just don't get the hand wringing: it's the disappointment in the last few years of playoffs, but last year was the most banged up team I can remember in 30 years, and still they had a legit (even favored) shot to win it all.

This team is also very young: just getting started.

1996 WR core: Don't think I ever noticed what a patch up job that was. That was Beebe's best year too. ...... I think it is most likely they roll with what they have and see if one of their rookies catches on in a role. If the team is promising, this is the year to pull a trade for a role playing WR for the playoffs.

bobblehead
05-13-2022, 12:56 PM
Can't teach this. https://twitter.com/i/status/1522057354220642304

Not football related, but I did like the video a couple down the thread of Tatum falling on a shitload of shot attempts trying to draw a foul when he was never touched.

bobblehead
05-13-2022, 01:00 PM
I think he meant Newman—because Hansen is an OC only and unlikely to make the team.

Maybe Bakh will be healthy for the playoffs finally, I would love to roll into the playoffs with this OL:

LT Bakh
LG Runyan
C Myers
RG Tom, Rhyan, or Newman (may the best man win)
RT Jenkins

I meant Newman, correct. And I summed it up with "A lot of variables, but if we can get healthy it will be much better and I really like the draft picks we added." because otherwise I could have written a book. LG Jenkins or Runyan, RG all 3 you mentioned. RT Jenkins or Yosh or Rhyan? A lot of moving parts to be worked out, but through health (jenkins and Bak) Improvement (Runyan, Yosh, Newman) and youth (Tom, Rhyan) this should be the best unit I can recall. Mike Sherman's best OL type of qaulity.

RashanGary
05-15-2022, 06:37 PM
Rashan Garys offseason training coach posted a training video on Twitter. Garys looking even leaner and faster. Cant wait to see Gary Clark Preston and Wyatt all together!

Fritz
06-20-2022, 03:49 PM
I always liked that Rashan Gary guy.

Joemailman
06-20-2022, 04:28 PM

Your tough love helped Gary reach his potential.

Bretsky
06-20-2022, 09:29 PM

Yup, your ties with Michigan nailed that scouting report and I jumped on that train as well :))

bobblehead
06-21-2022, 12:21 PM

We all have our white whale.

SudsMcBucky
06-21-2022, 01:36 PM
We all have our white whale.

Rashan is white???

Upnorth
06-22-2022, 02:36 PM

How many times did we all think Fritz needs to quit washing Gary's balls.
Nothing but praise. Or maybe it was butt prey?
Good thing the internet forgets all.

Upnorth
06-23-2022, 12:13 AM
Man I cant wait to see how teams try play our d with Clark and Wyatt on the field at the same time. Our secondary already looks good. With the amount of pressure these two can generate our CB will look like woodson. And Harris.

bobblehead
06-24-2022, 01:06 PM
Man I cant wait to see how teams try play our d with Clark and Wyatt on the field at the same time. Our secondary already looks good. With the amount of pressure these two can generate our CB will look like woodson. And Harris.

This has potential to be the best D of my lifetime, rivaling the Reggie White led super bowl win.

George Cumby
06-24-2022, 02:05 PM
Agreed.

Talented and deep.

run pMc
11-17-2022, 12:09 PM
Anyone taken a closer look at Wyatt? PFF grades him out pretty good but it's a very small sample size.
Seems like he's getting better but they aren't giving him a lot of snaps.

Hoping it's not off-field stuff.

bobblehead
11-17-2022, 01:28 PM
I just think Reed and clark make it tough on the rest to get snaps. This is a talented DL....even if they haven't shown it yet.

RashanGary
11-17-2022, 03:28 PM
Joe mentioned the other day that Clark has been quiet. He has. Is he taking a lot of doubles?

call_me_ishmael
11-17-2022, 11:15 PM
I just think Reed and clark make it tough on the rest to get snaps. This is a talented DL....even if they haven't shown it yet.

They should play more 3 DL given how terrible they are against the run.

bobblehead
11-18-2022, 10:24 AM
They should play more 3 DL given how terrible they are against the run.

They do, but again, the DL is kind of deep. Slayton and Lowry aren't slouches. But at this point with the season over you need to get Wyatt on the field. 20+ snaps a game. He isn't going to adjust to NFL size and speed on the bench.....same goes for Love now that we can pretty much say the season is over. Let Rodgers rest that thumb.

run pMc
11-18-2022, 01:33 PM
Joe mentioned the other day that Clark has been quiet. He has. Is he taking a lot of doubles?

Clark was doubled almost exclusively vs. DAL. I'd have to go back and rewatch TEN game. They also play him a lot of snaps -- Slaton or Wyatt should be rotating in more to give him a breather. I suspect he's saving his energy some downs.

DL has underperformed. I also think they aren't using them well -- run D is not Lowry's strength. Reed from what I've seen has been ok.
Is Jerry Montgomery a good DL coach? I have no idea.

I expect we'll start to see more snaps of Wyatt, but he's not had much impact for a R1 pick.

bobblehead
11-19-2022, 08:06 AM
This has potential to be the best D of my lifetime, rivaling the Reggie White led super bowl win.

Here ya go tank....bumping a post that does NOT prove me right or display my genius. This D has probably been better than people think given how bad they are handicapped by our offense, but that simply means they are barely better than average.

Bretsky
11-19-2022, 10:59 AM
They probably should have just draftednwatson here and kept both 2nds

Joemailman
11-19-2022, 11:38 AM

Time will tell. That's probably what they would have done if Wyatt had not dropped to them.

bobblehead
11-19-2022, 11:39 AM

Or drafted watson here, and traded the 2nds and taken george pickens.

Bretsky
11-19-2022, 01:23 PM
Or drafted watson here, and traded the 2nds and taken george pickens.

HONESTLY that would have been F'CKIN AWESOME

RashanGary
11-19-2022, 04:53 PM
Here ya go tank....bumping a post that does NOT prove me right or display my genius. This D has probably been better than people think given how bad they are handicapped by our offense, but that simply means they are barely better than average.

No one seems to factor that in. The defense gets off the field to have the offense put them right back in 3 plays. Skews things. Defense looks worse without Gary.