PDA

View Full Version : 2022 NFL Draft Day 2 (Rounds 2-3)

Pages : [1] 2

HarveyWallbangers
04-28-2022, 11:21 PM
We may be an EDGE away from having a top 5 defense. Onto Day 2.

WR
Christian Watson (2)
George Pickens (2)
Skyy Moore (2)
Alec Pierce (2)
Jalen Tolbert (2)
Calvin Austin (3)
John Metchie (3)

TE
Trey McBride (2)
Greg Dulcich (3)
Charlie Kolar (3)
Jeremy Ruckert (3)
Jelani Woods (3)

OT
Abraham Lucas (2)
Bernhard Raimann (2)
Nicholas Petit-Frere (3)

IOL
Dylan Parham (3)
Zach Tom (3)

EDGE
Arnold Ebiketie (2)
Boye Mafe (2)
Drake Jackson (2)
Nik Bonitto (2)
Cameron Thomas (2)
David Ojabo (2-3)
Josh Paschal (3)
Sam Williams (3)
Alex Wright (3)
Dominique Robinson (3)

CB
Zyon McCollum (3)
Jalyn Armour-Davis (3)
Cam Taylor-Britt (3)
Tariq Woolen (3)
Tariq Castro-Fields (3)

S
Jalen Pitre (2)
Jaquan Brisker (2)
Nick Cross (2)
Kerby Joseph (3)
J.T. Woods (3)
Tycen Anderson (3)

Bretsky
04-28-2022, 11:24 PM
TY for the list; this is pretty f'ckin awesome. I like some of your guys in different order (mainly TE's I think) but it's awesome.

ODDS are good our 2nd rounders will come from your core. After round two, it seeems, who the heck knows ...:)

Bretsky
04-28-2022, 11:27 PM
I think there is a decent chance one of either Watkins, PIckens, Pierce, or Moore are there at 53. I would predict we take an EDGE and WR round two (of course I'll be wrong on both)

I'd take McBride in a second but my gut says he goes in the 40's

HarveyWallbangers
04-28-2022, 11:30 PM
I think there is a decent chance one of either Watkins, PIckens, Pierce, or Moore are there at 53. I would predict we take an EDGE and WR round two (of course I'll be wrong on both)

I'd take McBride in a second but my gut says he goes in the 40's

I'm not sure. My bet is Gute trades one of his 4th round picks to move up high enough to get one he likes. We could get up to the low 40s by trading #53 and a 4th round pick. If Gute gets Watson, Pickens, or Pierce, I will forgive him for the Quay Walker pick. :)

Bretsky
04-28-2022, 11:36 PM
I'm not sure. My bet is Gute trades one of his 4th round picks to move up high enough to get one he likes. We could get up to the low 40s by trading #53 and a 4th round pick. If Gute gets Watson, Pickens, or Pierce, I will forgive him for the Quay Walker pick. :)

don't you like Sky Moore ? I'd put him in that same bucket too.

I don't wanna give up R4; that is where they are going to draft Jelani Woods :))

Bretsky
04-28-2022, 11:39 PM
be pretty dam funny if they drafted Pickens and Jelani Woods.

Any other Georgia players rated highly ? Perhaps another Edge ?

Maybe we can just make it an all Georgia Draft

It was the first time ever TWO defensive players were drafted by the same team. And the first time there were 5 first round draft picks on defense from one school. Crazy

Joemailman
04-28-2022, 11:44 PM

I think it takes a 3rd to get up to about 40. Trading a 4th would only move you up a few spots.

Bretsky
04-28-2022, 11:46 PM
I think it takes a 3rd to get up to about 40. Trading a 4th would only move you up a few spots.

We're up in about 20 picks
There is a ton of really good players left.
Odds of one of those 4 being there seem strong
BUT

would you consider Travis Jones if he slid and was the BPA ? Or is he out of consideration at this point ?

In a perfect world, we get one of those WR's and an edge or McBride

Joemailman
04-28-2022, 11:59 PM
Another list:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FRfB36RX0AENE9c?format=png&name=medium

Bretsky
04-29-2022, 12:13 AM
Another list:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FRfB36RX0AENE9c?format=png&name=medium

Great Stuff as well

HarveyWallbangers
04-29-2022, 12:15 AM

Not according to this chart. #53 and #132 would get you to #43. The Falcons could probably use more picks.

https://draftwire.usatoday.com/2022/04/26/2022-nfl-draft-pick-trade-value-chart/

This one has it getting you to #46, so who knows.

https://titanswire.usatoday.com/lists/2022-nfl-draft-trade-value-chart-titans-chiefs-bills/

Maybe you could throw both 4ths in there and get a 5th or 6th back. It's not always an exact match. Billy B said the trades usually are within 5-10% of a common trade chart that teams use.

call_me_ishmael
04-29-2022, 12:20 AM
Gimme Watson and Alec Pierce in R2 and this is a great draft on paper.

Bretsky
04-29-2022, 12:22 AM
Rumor Mill on radio today was Atlanta was calling about the Love Machine trade. They have picks 43 and 58. Tempting :)

Bretsky
04-29-2022, 12:23 AM
Gimme Watson and Alec Pierce in R2 and this is a great draft on paper.

I'll take Watson and Tre McBridge as well....then go with another WR later.

As much as I'd love to see it, I really doubt Gute takes 2 WR's in round 2, even if there are two round 2 Wr's there

HarveyWallbangers
04-29-2022, 12:24 AM
TB, MN, TEN, NYG, HOU, NYJ, CHI, SEA, SEA, IND, ATL, CLE, BAL, DET, WAS, CHI, NO, KC, PHI, PIT are in front of us.

I think there's a good chance all four of those guys are gone by the time we pick. Pickens, Watson, and Moore are the consensus next best three WRs. They are likely gone by #53. Pierce could last, but I think he'll go higher than projected. Tolbert would be another option.

If the Packers like Pickens, Watson, Pierce, and Tolbert (for example), they could wait to see when 3 come off the board and then try to trade up to the necessary spot to grab the 4th guy.

Bretsky
04-29-2022, 12:28 AM
TB, MN, TEN, NYG, HOU, NYJ, CHI, SEA, SEA, IND, ATL, CLE, BAL, DET, WAS, CHI, NO, KC, PHI, PIT are in front of us.

I think there's a good chance all four of those guys are gone by the time we pick. Pickens, Watson, and Moore are the consensus next best three WRs. They are likely gone by #53. Pierce could last, but I think he'll go higher than projected. Tolbert would be another option.

If the Packers like Pickens, Watson, Pierce, and Tolbert (for example), they could wait to see when 3 come off the board and then try to trade up to the necessary spot to grab the 4th guy.

YA, when you look at the list I could so see all of them get plucked off the board right before we pick. You are right; I think Gute has to identify the groups of 3 or 4 he really likes and wait til there are one or two left and then use the picks to move up. In the ideal world, some of those EDGE's, OL, QB, RB, and other positions fall off first and a few falls. But in today's NFL when some teams like having 3 really good WR's they could fall off the board fast.

HarveyWallbangers
04-29-2022, 12:44 AM
Hope that all four QBs go early round 2. NYG, Seattle, Indianapolis, Atlanta, and Detroit all need a QB. I love me some Breece Hall, but I'm hoping the Falcons take him. Now, I want DL and LBs to come off the board. Hope for Travis Jones (just not TB or MIN please), Winfrey, Hall, Leal, Mathis to come off the board. Nakobe Dean, Muma, Chenal, Troy Andersen, Christian Harris, Tindall.

Bretsky
04-29-2022, 01:28 AM
Hope that all four QBs go early round 2. NYG, Seattle, Indianapolis, Atlanta, and Detroit all need a QB. I love me some Breece Hall, but I'm hoping the Falcons take him. Now, I want DL and LBs to come off the board. Hope for Travis Jones (just not TB or MIN please), Winfrey, Hall, Leal, Mathis to come off the board. Nakobe Dean, Muma, Chenal, Troy Andersen, Christian Harris, Tindall.

also hopefully some OL are nabbed as well

HarveyWallbangers
04-29-2022, 01:32 AM
also hopefully some OL are nabbed as well

Leave some for us. We're pretty much done at QB, RB, DL, and LB. :)

Bretsky
04-29-2022, 01:33 AM
Leave some for us. We're pretty much done at QB, RB, DL, and LB. :)

Ya, but I truly want a WR and either an EDGE next round, unless McBride is there

Jaire
04-29-2022, 06:33 AM
“I’m sure Packers nation will be wondering why we didn’t take a receiver or trade up. At this point you just have to have faith in the org…Whoever we bring in tomorrow & the rest of this draft, I’m going to put in the time to work w those guys.” Rodgers on Pat McAfee show. Also he knew it would be Wyatt when the pick was in.

Wonder if they trade Love to Atlanta today.

George Cumby
04-29-2022, 07:53 AM
^Damn. He's talking the company line.

What a difference a year makes.

Bretsky
04-29-2022, 07:58 AM

Apparently AROD said they had 6 first round grades on the WR's; and they were gone

Jaire
04-29-2022, 08:29 AM

Yeah. I thought so too.

Jaire
04-29-2022, 09:59 AM
Fully expect an edge and WR today. Good article that highlights the depth here. There's five or six guys I really like though I have only watched a few tbh: of course my top three WR picks for GB (Watson, Pierce, Pickens) are still available.

https://packerswire.usatoday.com/2022/04/29/plenty-of-receiver-and-edge-rusher-talent-available-to-packers-on-day-2/

bobblehead
04-29-2022, 10:08 AM

I actually want 2 of those guys. And to be honest I don't care too much if he overpays to get there. Watson and Pickens would be 2 guys 6' 3" and 6' 4" who can both move like smaller guys. I've been on the "we don't need to over draft WR" for years, but without D, we need to over draft a couple now.

bobblehead
04-29-2022, 10:12 AM

Now I'm POSITIVE they are trading Love today :)

Joemailman
04-29-2022, 10:17 AM

I thought the same thing. Falcons need a QB. Falcons have picks 43 and 58. Seattle has 40 and 41.

George Cumby
04-29-2022, 10:32 AM

I'm all for it.

With the defense they are building, Rodgers could be in a walker and they'd still score enough points to win.

Joemailman
04-29-2022, 10:42 AM
I'm all for it.

With the defense they are building, Rodgers could be in a walker and they'd still score enough points to win.

The Kool-aid is flowing freely I see.

https://i.pinimg.com/564x/d4/a2/a1/d4a2a11779741876f65e39a57be425cf.jpg

George Cumby
04-29-2022, 10:48 AM
^ Chug-chug-chug.

King Friday
04-29-2022, 11:08 AM
I'm all for it.

The playoff game last year might need to be rewatched by a few of you.

King Friday
04-29-2022, 11:13 AM
Gotta agree with those who think the Packers will move up. Our roster is well stocked. If we keep all of our picks, more than half of them won't be on the final roster week 1 anyway.

The Packers decided to go all in short term with the Rodgers deal. It would be stupid to go counter to that now and fail to get the WR help we need. Trade up and get the guy you want.

call_me_ishmael
04-29-2022, 11:34 AM
Rumor Mill on radio today was Atlanta was calling about the Love Machine trade. They have picks 43 and 58. Tempting :)

I would do this in a second. Rodgers even said last night "a few more years" on McAfee so what is the point? Do it Gooter. Sell him. Get 43. Load up and go for it.

George Cumby
04-29-2022, 12:08 PM
The playoff game last year might need to be rewatched by a few of you.

Hahahahaha.

Let us enjoy our Draft-drunk, would you?

:-)

Anti-Polar Bear
04-29-2022, 12:14 PM
If our asshole GM can get Ty Thornton, this draft will be a success.

Upnorth
04-29-2022, 12:54 PM
I hope pierce is around. If not then trey McBride.
Ojabo at edge might be a good fit to.

Fritz
04-29-2022, 01:19 PM
I hope pierce is around. If not then trey McBride.
Ojabo at edge might be a good fit to.

Anybody thinking they might trade one of their seconds for the Raiders' tight end, Waller?

HarveyWallbangers
04-29-2022, 01:34 PM
Anybody thinking they might trade one of their seconds for the Raiders' tight end, Waller?

I think Waller is off the table. Hell, he was on stage for the draft intro with Goodell and Carr.

Deputy Nutz
04-29-2022, 01:56 PM
I was sort of amazed at how high all the receivers went in this draft. Some teams actually tier their draft boards and when the first tier started going everyone panicked and moved in on Tier 1 as fast they could. I would say they all reached especial the Commanders with the Johan Dotson pick and the Titans with the Burks pick. I would consider both late first round talents, so it wasn't a multiple round reach, but I was surprised to see both of them go that early in the first round.

Teamcheez1
04-29-2022, 02:15 PM
I don’t mind the Packers passing on a WR in the first round considering the draft capital it would have taken to move up. The concern I have is that the second round talent will disappear before our next pick. Gute may be forced to trade up to have a shot at picking any of our remaining targets.

HarveyWallbangers
04-29-2022, 02:18 PM
I was sort of amazed at how high all the receivers went in this draft. Some teams actually tier their draft boards and when the first tier started going everyone panicked and moved in on Tier 1 as fast they could. I would say they all reached especial the Commanders with the Johan Dotson pick and the Titans with the Burks pick. I would consider both late first round talents, so it wasn't a multiple round reach, but I was surprised to see both of them go that early in the first round.

I sort of understand the Burks pick. He's the most similar to Brown. There did seem to be some panic once the WRs started coming off the board. I understand Gute's philosophy in round 1, but I'm hoping he gives into the panic if the top WRs start coming off the board early in round 2. We need somebody better than Metchie or Shakir. There are 4-5 guys I like, and I'd be disappointed if we don't get one of those guys.

Deputy Nutz
04-29-2022, 02:28 PM
I sort of understand the Burks pick. He's the most similar to Brown. There did seem to be some panic once the WRs started coming off the board. I understand Gute's philosophy in round 1, but I'm hoping he gives into the panic if the top WRs start coming off the board early in round 2. We need somebody better than Metchie or Shakir. There are 4-5 guys I like, and I'd be disappointed if we don't get one of those guys.

100% Agree, I have soured on Pickens, but I have gone sweet on Watson, but I would be ok with either in the second round.

HarveyWallbangers
04-29-2022, 02:55 PM
Funny story. This is the first year my younger daughter has really gotten into the draft. She loves football and Christian Watson (and all Bison). She also likes George Pickens (and all Dogs) because we lived in Georgia for a year (near Athens). We even went to a game at Stanford Stadium. She was disappointed in pick #22, but she was happy it was a Dog. Every pick between #22 and #28 she was cheering when Watson or Pickens wasn't drafted. She was super excited and just knew the Packers would take one of those guys. I kept telling her that Gute wasn't going to take any player we wanted. She was so disappointed when it wasn't Watson or Pickens, but in the end she was okay with it because it was another Dog. Her first taste of a TT/Gute draft night. :)

RashanGary
04-29-2022, 03:24 PM
7. SKYY MOORE, Western Michigan (5-9 1/2, 191, 4.44, 2): Third-year junior, three-year starter.

RashanGary
04-29-2022, 03:25 PM
7. SKYY MOORE, Western Michigan (5-9

RashanGary
04-29-2022, 03:26 PM
7. SKYY MOORE, Western Michigan (5-9 1/2, 191, 4.44, 2): Third-year junior, three-year starter. “I compared him to Deebo,” one scout said. “He’s an athletic slot. He ran powerful, explosive routes. He has good hands. He can set a guy up once he had the ball in his hands. He had some games this year where he lit it up. It wasn’t just, you kind of chalk it up to kind of the MAC shit. He had good games against Pitt and San Jose State.” Finished with 171 receptions for 2,482 (14.5) and 16 TDs. “His hands were the biggest (10 1/4) in the class, which wasn’t surprising the way he catches the ball,” said a second scout. “He’s a tough guy, a smart player. He came on the radar late but he probably made a good decision coming out early. The combine helped him.” Compares favorably to D’Wayne Eskridge, Moore’s ex-teammate who was drafted in the second round by the Seahawks last year. “Eskridge was just a straight-line fast guy,” said a third scout. “This guy is the exact opposite. Knows how to play. He was their whole offense. I compared his run-after to a mini-Deebo Samuel because he breaks so many tackles. He’s just a player.” From New Kensington, Pa. “I ain’t seeing it,” a fourth scout said. “He’s a small slot receiver that doesn’t do returns. I don’t see an outside receiver because he’s not big or fast enough. I just don’t see the top-end speed, even at the pro day. I saw kind of an average guy.”

8. JOHN METCHIE, Alabama (5-11, 189, no 40, 2-3): Third-year junior, two-year starter. “More smooth, than fluid,” one scout said. “He’s got release quickness, crisp route runner, instinctive runner. More short and intermediate production with some deep-ball ability. Competitive and tough on screens. Will catch in a crowd. Reliable and steady. I didn’t see real elite deep speed or a second gear. He’s a No. 3 with the flexibility to play inside or out. Possibility to be a No. 2.” Suffered a torn ACL in the Southeastern Conference Championship Game. “The injury will hold him back,” said another scout. “I don’t know what he’d run. Nobody will know. You find out after you draft him. He’s a solid receiver. He won’t bust.” Was born in Taiwan, and also lived in Ghana and Canada. Played high-school ball in Hagerstown, Md. “Real dude,” said a third scout. “He’s a little faster than that (possession). More of a combo guy. Inside-outside-X-Z-slot. Can do it all.”

9. GEORGE PICKENS, Georgia (6-3, 200, 4.51, 2-3): Third-year junior led the team in receiving as a freshman non-starter. Finished with 90 catches for 1,347 (15.0) and 14 TDs. “He’s not a speed guy like Olave but he does have enough speed to run the full route tree,” one scout said. “He make catches at the high point. He can develop into a No. 3 rotational starter. Kind of a boom-or-bust prospect. A lot of his issues come off the field. Work habits, how he’s going to fit on a team. His talent level is up there with guys in the second and third round but a lot of people have him further down because of his football makeup and personal character.” Was thrown out of one game and suspended. Removed from one team’s draft board because of off-field issues. “Very talented,” a second scout said. “There’s some boom or bust with him. The injury, and being sort of coddled at Georgia … there’s maybe some football character concerns.” Suffered a torn ACL in 2021 spring practice and missed the first 11 games of the Bulldogs’ title season. “He’s got great ball skills,” a third scout said. “I wouldn’t take him in the second. He’s got a big ego. He’s not a bad guy.” A fourth scout said Pickens was his top-rated receiver coming off 2020 tape. “I kind of squashed him a little bit,” said a fifth scout. “He’s got talent, a shitload of talent. But Georgia receivers never pan out.” From Hoover, Ala.

10. ALEC PIERCE, Cincinnati (6-3, 208, 4.44, 2-3): All-around athlete from Glen Ellyn, Ill., where he also participated in volleyball, track and basketball at Glenbard West. “He’s big and fast,” said one scout. “Straight-line and rigid, but he plays big and with urgency. He’s not really a good route runner but he can get down the field. He’s got decent enough hands. He won’t be a playmaker on the ball. He looks like he has that backup-special team temperament that you need. I’d take him probably third round, but somebody might jump on him earlier because he is big and can run and you can develop him. People still get enamored with that (size).” Finished with 106 receptions for 1,851 (17.5) and 13 TDs. “If you just watch his workout, you kind of think he’s sort of just a guy,” a second scout said. “But he is a gamer, man. He’s a physical receiver who isn’t afraid to take a hit. He’ll go up and get it. His workout was a little disappointing. His testing was pretty good, but he dropped some balls. He does have small hands (9), which shows up every once in a while on the quicker stuff where he has to track it and react quick. But on back-shoulder fades and jump balls, he’s all over that stuff. Excellent, excellent makeup. Played well in big games. Notre Dame. Ohio State a couple years ago.” His vertical jump of 40

RashanGary
04-29-2022, 03:28 PM
13. JALEN TOLBERT, South Alabama (6-1, 193, 4.52, 3): Suffered a knee injury as a freshman in 2017 and redshirted. Played four seasons, starting the final three. “Baseball player,” said one scout. “Went there to play both. Then he hurt his knee and focused on football. He’s a good fit for this West Coast offense all these teams are running because he is very versatile. He makes plays. You cannot discount this kid’s playmaking ability. Second round is a little rich, but people will be all over him in the third. He’s sturdier than the top guys. He’ll be close to 200 (pounds). Little more rocked-up than those other guys. I like him as an underneath guy and I think he runs good enough to get over the top.” Finished with 178 receptions for 3,140 (17.6) and 22 TDs. Wonderlic of 27. “He’s got really good hands but he had too many concentration drops,” another scout said. “He tries to run too much before the catch. He’s basically their entire offense. He is talented.” From Mobile, Ala.

14. TYQUAN THORNTON, Baylor (6-2 1/2, 183, 4.30, 3-4): Ran the fastest 40 by a wideout this year. “I know he’s skinny as a stick but I see quickness and great speed,” said one scout. “He’s explosive. He can get vertical. He’s just got to get stronger and put on some weight, but those are things you can do. He’s a big-play threat waiting to happen. He’s a better version of Darius Slayton or Will Fuller. What (Henry) Ruggs was. He’s got that caliber impact. But this guy can actually run routes.” Has tiny hands (8 1/4). “That league (Big 12) does have some speed and he just ran by people,” said a second scout. “Quick feet, loose hips, good change of direction. He runs through the deep ball. A lot of guys try to lunge at the deep ball. He doesn’t get his arms up until the last minute.” Finished with 143 receptions for 2,242 (15.7) and 19 TDs. “Just smooth,” a third scout said. “Just an immature kid. I think once he gets into a pro camp he’ll be fine. He looks like more of a track guy than a football guy. Looks like an 800-meter guy.” From Miami.

Sparkey
04-29-2022, 03:29 PM
I expect a run on cb's and Edge types.

I really REALLY like Sam Williams from Ole Miss as a situational pass rusher early in his career.

Jaire
04-29-2022, 03:40 PM
I expect a run on cb's and Edge types.

I really REALLY like Sam Williams from Ole Miss as a situational pass rusher early in his career.

With this drafts depth, some of these guys are going to slide to the fourth round.

Jaire
04-29-2022, 03:43 PM
14. TYQUAN THORNTON, Baylor (6-2 1/2, 183, 4.30, 3-4): Ran the fastest 40 by a wideout this year. “I know he’s skinny as a stick but I see quickness and great speed,” said one scout. “He’s explosive. He can get vertical. He’s just got to get stronger and put on some weight, but those are things you can do. He’s a big-play threat waiting to happen. He’s a better version of Darius Slayton or Will Fuller. What (Henry) Ruggs was. He’s got that caliber impact. But this guy can actually run routes.” Has tiny hands (8 1/4). “That league (Big 12) does have some speed and he just ran by people,” said a second scout. “Quick feet, loose hips, good change of direction. He runs through the deep ball. A lot of guys try to lunge at the deep ball. He doesn’t get his arms up until the last minute.” Finished with 143 receptions for 2,242 (15.7) and 19 TDs. “Just smooth,” a third scout said. “Just an immature kid. I think once he gets into a pro camp he’ll be fine. He looks like more of a track guy than a football guy. Looks like an 800-meter guy.” From Miami.

They brought him in as well as Pickens and Watson. So they did double extra homework on WR, as well as OL: lots of visits from those two positions.

red
04-29-2022, 03:49 PM
i just watched an interview that PFT did with george pickens at the combine, and i can't see anything about him that makes me think he's this giant asshole

so i think i would have no problem getting him

so my guys are watson, pickens and skyy moore (go broncos!!!)

the rest i really don't know much about

red
04-29-2022, 03:50 PM
i'd like to see us double dip for WR's, then IMO we need to get some O-line guys

RashanGary
04-29-2022, 03:52 PM
Metchie is our best bet. Unless we go Thornton for the deep speed and rely on the other guys underneath

Bretsky
04-29-2022, 04:26 PM
Metchie is our best bet. Unless we go Thornton for the deep speed and rely on the other guys underneath

I would be fine with those as our 2nd wr taken

HarveyWallbangers
04-29-2022, 04:44 PM
No thank you on Metchie in round 2. I don't think he's all that good and his has the ACL injury. He looked better in that Bama system with Jameson taking all of the attention and Bryce throwing him the ball. 187 lbs with average athleticism. Not many guys turn out to be really good with those traits. Was it one guy under 195 lbs with average athleticism (Diontae Johnson) on that list of top 25 WRs in receiving yards in the NFL that you posted? If he's there in round 3, I'd think about it.

RashanGary
04-29-2022, 06:01 PM
I listened to Gutes presser after last nights picks. Sounds like he had a couple receivers drafted high and he thought about moving up. Said the receivers went early and he didnt want to give up so much draft capital to move up. Said once the draft got going he realized it was best to sit tight.

I got the impression he would move up for a WR but since they went so early he sat tight.

Obviously if he was looking to move up yesterday, he will be again today if a run happens on the guys he likes.

Joemailman
04-29-2022, 06:15 PM
Bucs on the clock.

Joemailman
04-29-2022, 06:16 PM
Packers on the clock.

red
04-29-2022, 06:17 PM
I listened to Gutes presser after last nights picks. Sounds like he had a couple receivers drafted high and he thought about moving up. Said the receivers went early and he didnt want to give up so much draft capital to move up. Said once the draft got going he realized it was best to sit tight.

I got the impression he would move up for a WR but since they went so early he sat tight.

Obviously if he was looking to move up yesterday, he will be again today if a run happens on the guys he likes.

PACK ON THE CLOCK

just gave up 2 picks in the 50s

King Friday
WR time

Rastak
Wow, Vikes traded you boys the pick.

red
04-29-2022, 06:18 PM
CHRISTIAN WATSON!!!!!!!!

Rastak
Mad looks good on camera there.

Teamcheez1
Seems like a steep price to move up.

RashanGary
04-29-2022, 06:19 PM
Where is everyone. Pack moved up

red
there was a lot of talk that he was shooting up boards

he was obviously the guy we want

King Friday
Seems like a steep price to move up.

We have a stocked roster... What the hell are you going to do with 11 picks?

Rastak
Harv will be happy.

red
picks been made folks

Sparkey
wATSON!!!

pittstang5
04-29-2022, 06:20 PM
I'm not too keen on giving up both pics, but what do i know

Teamcheez1
04-29-2022, 06:21 PM

This

red
04-29-2022, 06:22 PM

if we would hve waited until pick 22 in this round we wouldn't have gotten shit at WR

RashanGary
Harvey is gonna explode

RashanGary
What did we trade away? Both seconds and a fourth??

Joemailman
04-29-2022, 06:23 PM
Somebody pick Harvey up off the floor.

pittstang5
04-29-2022, 06:23 PM

Both seconds - that's it i believe

King Friday
04-29-2022, 06:24 PM
if we would hve waited until pick 22 in this round we wouldn't have gotten shit at WR

Correct. This is the correct move. The Packers are all in on the next 2-3 years. Stockpiling picks is a futile exercise at this point. The Packers thought Watson was the best of the WRs remaining...they went and got him. Waiting wasn't an option tonight.

Sparkey

53 & 59

red

i hear just both 2nds

HarveyWallbangers
04-29-2022, 06:26 PM
Funny story. This is the first year my younger daughter has really gotten into the draft. She loves football and Christian Watson (and all Bison). She also likes George Pickens (and all Dogs) because we lived in Georgia for a year (near Athens). We even went to a game at Stanford Stadium. She was disappointed in pick #22, but she was happy it was a Dog. Every pick between #22 and #28 she was cheering when Watson or Pickens wasn't drafted. She was super excited and just knew the Packers would take one of those guys. I kept telling her that Gute wasn't going to take any player we wanted. She was so disappointed when it wasn't Watson or Pickens, but in the end she was okay with it because it was another Dog. Her first taste of a TT/Gute draft night. :)

She's VERY happy

RashanGary
04-29-2022, 06:27 PM
She's VERY happy

Cool!

pittstang5
04-29-2022, 06:28 PM
it should be only both seconds. #53 and #59 = 680 points / # 34 = 560 points

HarveyWallbangers
04-29-2022, 06:28 PM
Bulldog, Bulldog, Bison

We love Gute!

RashanGary
04-29-2022, 06:30 PM
Wyatt got a 9.59 ras
Walker 9.63
Watson 10

Yikes.

Teamcheez1
04-29-2022, 06:31 PM
Now we can trade Love and recoup another 2nd rounder.

George Cumby
04-29-2022, 06:31 PM
You can't coach speed.

red
04-29-2022, 06:35 PM

i'd shit myself if we got a 2nd for love

maybe a 4th or 5th

RashanGary
Quay Walker is the one I question. Instincts lacking from the LB position. Not a good look.

Gute said Walker got better and better every step of the way and his trajectory was steady up.

I dont know if thats a good enough reason to take a LB that lacks instincts.

pittstang5

To who?

Sparkey
04-29-2022, 06:36 PM
https://cdn.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/zKLpPef7CIn59KIwwZbQoJ-Mxec=/0x0:701x410/1120x0/filters:focal(0x0:701x410):format(webp):no_upscale ()/cdn.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_asset/file/23417505/Screen_Shot_2022_04_26_at_12.53.20_PM.png

From Bigblueview:

North Dakota State wide receiver Christian Watson projects as a developmental receiver who would likely have to start as a “Number 3” receiver to start his career, but has the upside to be a true starter before his rookie contract is up.

Watson has an uncommon blend of size, speed, and movement skills. While he looks like a deep ball contested catch specialist, he has the potential to be much more than that with a bit of work. Watson has the athletic profile to be a well-rounded receiver, and his experience playing out of a variety of alignments would give an NFL offense a huge variety of options for using him to attack the defense.

Offenses could use Watson out of the “X”, Flanker, or Slot alignments, send him in motion, set him up with wide receiver screens, or use him as a ball carrier. We rarely see receivers with his size and the athleticism used in such a wide a variety of ways.

All of that makes Watson’s upside truly exciting in a modern NFL offense. However, he is going to need a bit of work to truly unlock his potential. Watson was able to use his size and speed to dominate FCS level cornerbacks, and he probably would have been a problem for corners in any conference in the country. But the NFL is a different animal, and he will need to continue to hone his craft to win in the pros. Watson visibly improved throughout his time at North Dakota State, but he will need to continue to do so or NFL caliber corners will exploit breakdowns in his technique.

Teamcheez1
04-29-2022, 06:36 PM
To who?

Seahawks for 40 or 41

red
04-29-2022, 06:37 PM
is this the highest we've taken a WR since javon?

Sparkey
04-29-2022, 06:42 PM
is this the highest we've taken a WR since javon?

Yup, Jordy Nelson was # 36

red
04-29-2022, 06:44 PM
Yup, Jordy Nelson was # 36

jordy was the only one i thought could get close. i knew he was very high second round, wasn't sure how high though

Joemailman
04-29-2022, 06:45 PM
So apparently Gute is only taking guys whose last name starts with W.

Who in the 3rd?

Kenneth Walker?
Perrion Winfrey?
Malik Willis?

HarveyWallbangers
04-29-2022, 06:48 PM
Breece Hall, my RB1, goes to the Jets. My comp was former Jet Curtis Martin.

Joemailman
04-29-2022, 06:48 PM
Packerrats draft contest standings have been updated.

Jaire is 3 for 3!

Joemailman
04-29-2022, 06:49 PM
Seahawks just took Mafe.

Joemailman
04-29-2022, 06:49 PM
And Kenneth Walker to Seahawks.

Joemailman
04-29-2022, 06:55 PM
As things stand right now, 57 players will be taken between Packer picks.

Teamcheez1
04-29-2022, 07:00 PM
Obi Wan Kenobi is a reach for the Giants.

Joemailman
04-29-2022, 07:04 PM
Obi Wan Kenobi is a reach for the Giants.

That surprised me too.

Wonder if Gute will trade a 4th round pick to move up in 3rd.

Joemailman
04-29-2022, 07:05 PM
Metchie to Texans. Another run on WR's?

Upnorth
04-29-2022, 07:10 PM
I cant believe we got Watson. I just assumed he would be long gone.
Maybe trade back into late 2nd for trey McBride?

Joemailman
04-29-2022, 07:15 PM
I cant believe we got Watson. I just assumed he would be long gone.
Maybe trade back into late 2nd for trey McBride?

Packers traded 2nd round picks to move up to get Watson.

Teamcheez1
04-29-2022, 07:18 PM
None of the receivers on our board have been taken yet.

Upnorth
04-29-2022, 07:20 PM
Packers traded 2nd round picks to move up to get Watson.

Yes, tgats why we need back in late 2nd i think

The Shadow
04-29-2022, 07:22 PM
This is shaping up as an all W Packer draft.
Therefore : Watch out for OL Matt Waletzko.

Joemailman
04-29-2022, 07:24 PM
Yes, tgats why we need back in late 2nd i think

Got it. You're talking about trading up. I think it's more likely they try to trade up in 3rd. Getting back into the 2nd would take a lot.

Upnorth
04-29-2022, 07:28 PM
Got it. You're talking about trading up. I think it's more likely they try to trade up in 3rd. Getting back into the 2nd would take a lot.

If he is there even better. And yes much cheaper.

Jaire
04-29-2022, 07:31 PM
Really not a fan of lb at 22, since it forced us to give so much up for Watson.

Bretsky
04-29-2022, 07:31 PM

Hey Bitches ! I see we got that scab HW loved ;)

Red, there will be good WR's. I agree we gave up an awful lot if we gave up both 2nd's

But if he turns into a star it'll be worth it.

Bretsky
04-29-2022, 07:33 PM

Trade him and grab Sky Moore or Pierce here :))))

I think Atlanta has a pick in the 50's :))

Bretsky
04-29-2022, 07:37 PM
Hoody Genius has given me some surprises.

Did anybody have Cole Strange as a near first rounder ?

Dammit, Thornton selected in R2 by Hoody; he was one of my guesses for R4. I should have stuck with the every player in round 7

Jaire
04-29-2022, 07:38 PM
Thornton to New England. That's a surprise.

HarveyWallbangers
04-29-2022, 07:39 PM
Rodgers played it coy. He said they only had a first round grade on 6 WRs. They obviously had a first round grade on Watson, but were sneaky. Probably felt like Wyatt would be more likely to get drafted by the point they could trade up to.

Bretsky
04-29-2022, 07:43 PM
Steelers draft Pickens.

Joemailman
04-29-2022, 07:44 PM
Steelers draft Pickens.

At 52. Boy would people here be pissed if Packers had stayed at 53.

Bretsky
04-29-2022, 07:45 PM
Pickens 52
Pierce 53 (I think this was one of Packer's picks they gave up along with 59

Joemailman
04-29-2022, 07:45 PM
Alec Pierce to Colts.

Bretsky
04-29-2022, 07:46 PM
At 52. Boy would people here be pissed if Packers had stayed at 53.

Not at all; I'd have been very happy with Pierce or Moore at 53 and McBridge at 59 as well

RashanGary
04-29-2022, 07:47 PM
Rodgers played it coy. He said they only had a first round grade on 6 WRs. They obviously had a first round grade on Watson, but were sneaky. Probably felt like Wyatt would be more likely to get drafted by the point they could trade up to.

Tiny Jahan was probably the one they didnt have a 1st round grade on.

Jaire
04-29-2022, 07:48 PM
Well. There goes all the receivers now. Interesting which teams picked them all in round two. I would not at all be surprised if round two picks outperform round one.

George Cumby
04-29-2022, 07:48 PM
When do they pick next?

HarveyWallbangers
04-29-2022, 07:49 PM
Probably would have taken Tolbert with Pierce, Pickens, and Watson gone.

HarveyWallbangers
04-29-2022, 07:49 PM
Oh. Didn’t notice Pierce was taken at 53.

HarveyWallbangers
04-29-2022, 07:50 PM
Not at all; I'd have been very happy with Pierce or Moore at 53 and McBridge at 59 as well

I don’t think they would have taken Moore. Probably a slot.

Bretsky
04-29-2022, 07:51 PM
Probably would have taken Tolbert with Pierce, Pickens, and Watson gone.

Wait, didn't we pick at 53 ??

George Cumby
04-29-2022, 07:52 PM
Wait, didn't we pick at 53 ??

I thought that got packaged up to trade up?

Bretsky
I don’t think they would have taken Moore. Probably a slot.

probably not; I just liked Moore cause he reminded me of Jennings.

MCBRIDE just picked. So GB could not have got Pierce and McBride.

HarveyWallbangers
We’d taken Tolbert and then McBride would have been gone. :)

Bretsky
04-29-2022, 07:53 PM
I thought that got packaged up to trade up?
\

Yup, I'm just neurotic with analysis. I want to compare our WR with the two guys we could have had :))

George Cumby
04-29-2022, 07:54 PM
Next pick #92 in the third?

An auspicious number......

Bretsky
04-29-2022, 07:54 PM
We’d taken Tolbert and then McBride would have been gone. :)

Wouldn't we have taken Pierce over Tolbert ?

HarveyWallbangers
04-29-2022, 07:55 PM
Yes. You said Moore, so I was thinking Tolbert, but I think we would have taken Pierce.

Bretsky
04-29-2022, 07:56 PM
Would be really f'ckin funny if we traded the Love Machine, and then used the pick to select Malik Willis

RashanGary
04-29-2022, 07:56 PM
Wouldn't we have taken Pierce over Tolbert ?

Im confused too. Everyones saying Pierce was gone before our pick but he was still there

RashanGary
04-29-2022, 07:57 PM
Well. There goes all the receivers now. Interesting which teams picked them all in round two. I would not at all be surprised if round two picks outperform round one.

It happens every other year. Some years you get more from 1 but other years you get more from 2. Both rounds about equally productive.

Bretsky
04-29-2022, 07:58 PM
Yes. You said Moore, so I was thinking Tolbert, but I think we would have taken Pierce.

So our fun exercise would be looking at who we might have taken on pick 59 and comparing them.

I like Watson though......but if e sucks we can give you crap forever, and that has value :))))

RashanGary
04-29-2022, 07:59 PM
So our fun exercise would be looking at who we might have taken on pick 59 and comparing them.

I like Watson though......but if e sucks we can give you crap forever, and that has value :))))

:lol:

Jeff Janis 2.0

Bretsky
04-29-2022, 07:59 PM
Im confused too. Everyones saying Pierce was gone before our pick but he was still there

We had pick 53; Pierce went 53
GB would have probably picked him there

Bretsky
04-29-2022, 08:00 PM
:lol:

Jeff Janis 2.0

We can call him Christine :)))

Bretsky
04-29-2022, 08:02 PM
Sky Moore tied record
13 in first two rounds

Joemailman
04-29-2022, 08:02 PM
Would be really f'ckin funny if we traded the Love Machine, and then used the pick to select Malik Willis

Shut up. :smack:

Bretsky
04-29-2022, 08:03 PM
ANYBODY think the Bucks will beat the Celtics ? I hope I'm wrong but I think we lose the series

Joemailman
04-29-2022, 08:04 PM
Sky Moore tied record
13 in first two rounds

I think it's all the crazy contracts being given to WR's. Teams figure they better draft WR's so they don't have to go out and sign one in FA.

Bretsky
04-29-2022, 08:07 PM
I think it's all the crazy contracts being given to WR's. Teams figure they better draft WR's so they don't have to go out and sign one in FA.

My guess is we tried but it would have been interesting to see if we could have traded both 2nd's for the last pick in round one.

You get the 5th year with first rounders

With WR money blowing up there is value in year 5 options

Joemailman
04-29-2022, 08:13 PM
Wow. Luke Goedeke went in 2nd round. I thought he's be a 4th round guy.

RashanGary
04-29-2022, 08:13 PM
My guess is we tried but it would have been interesting to see if we could have traded both 2nd's for the last pick in round one.

You get the 5th year with first rounders

With WR money blowing up there is value in year 5 options

Yep. I'm sure they tried.

George Cumby
04-29-2022, 08:21 PM
I have to say I hate this new draft format.

RashanGary
04-29-2022, 08:31 PM
I have to say I hate this new draft format.

what's new about it? its been like this for several years

George Cumby
04-29-2022, 08:33 PM
At age 54, anything not from 1990 is 'new'.

call_me_ishmael
04-29-2022, 08:34 PM
Wow they traded both the picks for that dude? Not sure I like that.

smuggler
04-29-2022, 08:40 PM
Seems like this draft, more than many others, has a lot of differing views on player draft valuation.

I wonder if it's an indication of a sea change in talent evaluation. Some teams are more quick to adapt than others, and thus the huge chasms in valuation?

George Cumby
04-29-2022, 08:42 PM
Seems like this draft, more than many others, has a lot of differing views on player draft valuation.

I wonder if it's an indication of a sea change in talent evaluation. Some teams are more quick to adapt than others, and thus the huge chasms in valuation?

Rashan's been posting all these scout's takes in the Discussion Threads. It's all over the fucking map.

texaspackerbacker
04-29-2022, 08:42 PM
ANYBODY think the Bucks will beat the Celtics ? I hope I'm wrong but I think we lose the series

hahahahahaha wrong second round

Joemailman
04-29-2022, 08:44 PM

https://memegenerator.net/img/instances/60508024/and-youre-gonna-like-it-dammit.jpg

smuggler
04-29-2022, 08:50 PM
Walker, Wyatt, Watson

we signed Watkins

we currently have a Winfree

perhaps we'll snag Isaiah Westin in the 4th or 5th round.

red
04-29-2022, 08:52 PM
Walker, Wyatt, Watson

we signed Watkins

maybe the packer pro shop finally started bitching about the huge stockpile of W's that they've been building up in storage over the years

Joemailman
04-29-2022, 08:52 PM
Velus Jones just went. These WR's are going early.

Joemailman
04-29-2022, 08:53 PM
Walker, Wyatt, Watson

we signed Watkins

Malik Willis and Perrion Winfrey are still out there.

smuggler
04-29-2022, 08:55 PM
There's a 10 RAS TE named Jelani Woods. Could be a candidate.

All the Ws.

Joemailman
20 picks away from Packers pick.

Joemailman

Packers are RAS champs so far.

Joemailman
04-29-2022, 08:56 PM

All the Ws.

Woods just got drafted.

smuggler
04-29-2022, 08:57 PM
Just saw that. Got picked right after my post.

Colts got Pierce and Woods, then.

Bretsky
04-29-2022, 08:58 PM

They overpaid on paper; but it may work out. I was really hoping we'd wait it out and move up a bit to get one of the next tier.

Guters obviously rated Watson as a 1st round talent and well above the next group.

Joemailman
04-29-2022, 08:58 PM
Bengals just took a QB. Wonder if Burrow is pissed.

Bretsky
04-29-2022, 08:59 PM
Woods just got drafted.

That's a big dammit from me
He was my 2nd favorite TE in the draft

red
04-29-2022, 08:59 PM
They overpaid on paper; but it may work out. I was really hoping we'd wait it out and move up a bit to get one of the next tier.

Guters obviously rated Watson as a 1st round talent and well above the next group.

then why the hell didn't we just draft him at 28?

Bretsky
04-29-2022, 09:00 PM
DANG; Desmond Ridder got picked at Atlanta. They were rumored to be inquiring about the LoveBag

Bretsky
04-29-2022, 09:00 PM
then why the hell didn't we just draft him at 28?

I think Wyatt is a really good player

Bretsky
04-29-2022, 09:01 PM
20 picks away from Packers pick.

STILL HOPING FOR A TE

King Friday
04-29-2022, 09:01 PM
No one wants the Love.

Joemailman
04-29-2022, 09:04 PM
No one wants the Love.

Maybe the Packers ask too much for Love.

texaspackerbacker
Not looking good about unloading Love with QBs going so slow in the draft.

red
No one wants the Love.

thats what happens when you look like shit every chance you get

red
04-29-2022, 09:07 PM
No one wants the Love.

Not looking good about unloading Love with QBs going so slow in the draft.

why the fuck do you guys that anyone would want him. he's looked horrible whenever he's gotten to play

he was a terrible first round pick and his stock has tanked since then

Bretsky
04-29-2022, 09:08 PM
TRAVIS JONES TO THE RAVENS at pick 76

what a great value; DAM Ravens

King Friday
04-29-2022, 09:08 PM
I doubt we take TE here...I don't see a ton of upside over what is left compared to what you could get in the 6th round tomorrow.

Bretsky
04-29-2022, 09:10 PM
I doubt we take TE here...I don't see a ton of upside over what is left compared to what you could get in the 6th round tomorrow.

Who are a couple of your big upside picks ?

Any WR's ? :)) IMO we could use more

Joemailman
04-29-2022, 09:10 PM
TRAVIS JONES TO THE RAVENS at pick 76

what a great value; DAM Ravens

He was overrated by some, but that's a good pick.

Joemailman
04-29-2022, 09:12 PM
Who are a couple of your big upside picks ?

Any WR's ? :)) IMO we could use more

Still some interesting guys out there. https://www.espn.com/nfl/draft/bestavailable/_/position/wr

King Friday
04-29-2022, 09:13 PM
Still some very good talent on the DL out there.

smuggler
04-29-2022, 09:14 PM
We need to get a safety, a corner, an edge, a tackle, another receiver, and maybe a tight end.

red
04-29-2022, 09:16 PM
Still some interesting guys out there. https://www.espn.com/nfl/draft/bestavailable/_/position/wr

i wouldn't mind david bell

he was one of the top WR's coming into the year

King Friday
04-29-2022, 09:16 PM
Decent OL talent left at this point as well. No need to consider WR at this point. That turkey looks like one from 8pm on Thanksgiving.

Bretsky
04-29-2022, 09:17 PM
We got out big speed guy

I want David Bell as well

HOWEVER

ISN'T THE 3RD ROUND PACKERS PICK SENTENCED TO SUCK ??

Bretsky
04-29-2022, 09:19 PM
Had we picked the guy we wanted (JERMAINE JOHNSON) we'd have our EDGE and we could look at my man LEO from THEE Wisconsin Badgers

red
04-29-2022, 09:19 PM
We got out big speed guy

I want David Bell as well

HOWEVER

ISN'T THE 3RD ROUND PACKERS PICK SENTENCED TO SUCK ??

and its never worked out when we both want the same guy

red
04-29-2022, 09:20 PM
Had we picked the guy we wanted (JERMAINE JOHNSON) we'd have our EDGE and we could look at my man LEO from THEE Wisconsin Badgers

OR

nakobe dean

Bretsky
Jalen Tolbert still out there also

King Friday
I like Joseph from Illinois if we go safety. He's a big play kid, but he's also very good on special teams, which is obviously a need.

Bretsky
04-29-2022, 09:21 PM
OR

nakobe dean

I'd be on board there; another GEORGIA guy

Bretsky
04-29-2022, 09:22 PM
Where are you guys watching ? I'm on NFL network but they do a crap job with best players available

King Friday
04-29-2022, 09:22 PM

Yes, I will be eternally pissed at skipping Johnson, especially if Quay never puts it together between the ears.

red
04-29-2022, 09:23 PM
so

calvin austin III

dude is tiny, but fast and quick as hell, and can return kicks

it would be interesting

Bretsky
04-29-2022, 09:25 PM
Yes, I will be eternally pissed at skipping Johnson, especially if Quay never puts it together between the ears.

Jermaine Johnson was TOO GOOD to be true IMO; GB rarely goes after those

red
04-29-2022, 09:25 PM
Where are you guys watching ? I'm on NFL network but they do a crap job with best players available

i'm watching ABC, its shit. they spent about 20 minutes talking about dancing

i was watching the espn reaction show on youtube, but that got a bit old. but at least they didn't show all this selection bull shit

Bretsky
04-29-2022, 09:26 PM
Could we possibly take Dean ? If he's clear BPA ??

red
04-29-2022, 09:26 PM
there goes dean finally

RashanGary
04-29-2022, 09:27 PM
0nly 9 edges taken so far.

pretty sure it was deeper than that

Joemailman
04-29-2022, 09:27 PM
https://d3omj40jjfp5tk.cloudfront.net/products/5dc10d3cbc3e382cfb486a26/large.png

Jaire
04-29-2022, 09:28 PM

Yeah. There's a few left I like.

Bretsky
04-29-2022, 09:28 PM
At least ESPN 2 gives us Mel's best available

red
04-29-2022, 09:29 PM

obviously the GM disagree with the "draft experts" you were looking at

Bretsky
Yeah. There's a few left I like.

Who is your wishlist for Packer considerations ???

Joemailman
Cameron Thomas still out there.

King Friday
Yeah, I think edge is where we go here.

red
04-29-2022, 09:30 PM

fuck mel, that useless piece of shit

how can a guy continue to be so bad at his job yet somehow keep it and be considered an expert somehow?

Joemailman
04-29-2022, 09:30 PM
DeMarvin Leal just went to Steelers.

texaspackerbacker
04-29-2022, 09:31 PM
I still want Kevin Austin in the 3rd - I doubt he lasts 'til our picks in the 4th where I picked him in the contest.

King Friday
04-29-2022, 09:32 PM

Yeah, ESPN2 for me. I hate Greenberg, but he mostly stays out of the way and let's the big boys talk.

Bretsky
04-29-2022, 09:32 PM
Walker, Wyatt, Watson

we signed Watkins

WESTON needs to be ROUND 7

Then Bretsky celebrates his 2nd Champtionship :)))

red
04-29-2022, 09:33 PM
I still want Kevin Austin in the 3rd - I doubt he lasts 'til our picks in the 4th where I picked him in the contest.

do you mean Calvin Austin?

King Friday
04-29-2022, 09:33 PM
DeMarvin Leal just went to Steelers.

He wasn't an edge at the next level.

Bretsky
04-29-2022, 09:34 PM
I like Charlie Kolar as a TE option

BUT

We have a shitty history of TE's in round 3 and it seems like we just keep doing it

King Friday
04-29-2022, 09:35 PM
fuck mel, that useless piece of shit

how can a guy continue to be so bad at his job yet somehow keep it and be considered an expert somehow?

That's just ESPN. Chris Berman has been a joke for the last 25 years.

red
04-29-2022, 09:35 PM
I like Charlie Kolar as a TE option

BUT

We have a shitty history of TE's in round 3 and it seems like we just keep doing it

i don't see the shitty TEs in this draft being any better then the shitty TEs we already have

Joemailman
04-29-2022, 09:36 PM
Titans took Willis.

King Friday
04-29-2022, 09:37 PM
Yeah, this draft is NOT deep at TE. Take a flyer late, but don't waste day 2 picks on anyone who is left.

smuggler
04-29-2022, 09:37 PM
I don't know how bad Mel is, really. He's not an insider. He does not get to conduct interviews with these players and deconstruct their psychology and work habits. He just evaluates their play in college. It's the kind of thing where batting .250 makes you a professional - like baseball.

King Friday
04-29-2022, 09:38 PM
Willis was a better college QB than Love...God, Gute really fucked us over with that pick.

Bretsky
04-29-2022, 09:39 PM
Andrew Ogletree TE Youngstown State is a guy to look at R7

King Friday
04-29-2022, 09:42 PM
Good... Keep taking WRs.

wthigoot
David Bell would be decent value at 92, better value if taken in 4th. He will need some time to figure out how to get open in NFL.

Joemailman
Jalen Tolbert went to Dallas.

call_me_ishmael
04-29-2022, 09:43 PM
Darn, I wanted Jalen Tolbert.

Jaire
04-29-2022, 09:45 PM
Who is your wishlist for Packer considerations ???

No. I take that back. Looks like almost all the top edge are now gone. About 17 off the board now.

RashanGary
04-29-2022, 09:46 PM
No. I take that back. Looks like almost all the top edge are now gone. About 17 off the board now.

That trade up in the second took us out of the edge sweepstakes.

Joemailman
04-29-2022, 09:47 PM
Couple safeties out there.

QBME
I know nothing, well following y’all I’ve learned a little.
From 30 K feet seems like the Guter has filled in the blank spaces.
The prima donna has the tools to run the flowers offense. (btw, Davante giving him the big FU is a positive).
If ARod is half as intelligent as he believes he is he will buy in.
Now, on to filling special teams with players that have the trust they can advance with commitment and, well, commitment.

RashanGary
We should just take an OL. We do well in the 4th. Just take the one you like now

Joemailman
04-29-2022, 09:48 PM
Bucs gonna take Chenal?

Bretsky
04-29-2022, 09:49 PM
That trade up in the second took us out of the edge sweepstakes.

Yup it did

On one hand it took Stones for Gute to probably overpay. On the other hand if Gute really had stones he'd have tried to wait it out in hopes to get a WR by using his 2nd and 3rd.

King Friday
I think I want Joseph here. Big drop off soon at safety, and Joseph is a good all around player.

texaspackerbacker
Either Austin or the best edge rusher still there

Bretsky
04-29-2022, 09:50 PM
Bucs gonna take Chenal?

Bucs or Pats would be a great fit for LEO; he's going to be a baller

smuggler
04-29-2022, 09:50 PM
Bucs took a RB, so we will probably take a safety or a lineman.

Bretsky
04-29-2022, 09:51 PM
Either Austin or the best edge rusher still there

Edge rushers are really picked through

Bretsky
04-29-2022, 09:51 PM
We should trade down

smuggler
04-29-2022, 09:52 PM
We get Sean Rhyan, a guard.

Jaire
04-29-2022, 09:52 PM
We should trade down

Agreed. Very few trades in round 3

King Friday
04-29-2022, 09:53 PM
We should trade down

Nah.

red
04-29-2022, 09:54 PM
sean rhyan. G from ucla

nice pick

texaspackerbacker
04-29-2022, 09:55 PM
Damn. Can't win'em all hahahaha. I really didn't want an O Lineman.

Bretsky
OG Sean Rhyan: Scouting Report
Ryan is a three-year starter at left tackle in college, and he has the ability to play either tackle or guard at the NFL level, which is a valuable skill to have. Just like most offensive line prospects, he comes in with great size to handle the physicality at the line of scrimmage. Rhyan struggled with penalties during his college career and will need to work on his technique to create more leverage over his opponents. These are areas that can be improved with NFL coaching, and we’ll see how Rhyan’s talent will translate.

Joemailman
That's a good pick.

Rhyan is expected to kick inside to guard after starting 31 games at left tackle at UCLA. He is a natural knee bender and an easy mover in pass protection. He stuns pass-rushers with his punch, and his shorter arms should be less of an issue at guard. Rhyan is an aggressive run-blocker with good short-area power and big hands to latch onto defenders. -- Steve Muench