PDA

View Full Version : 2022 Seventh Round Pick, #258, Samori Toure

HarveyWallbangers
04-30-2022, 06:10 PM
CBS Sports

Samori Toure WR, NEB
Height: 6-3, Weight: 190

Darn good football player. Smooth routes, natural hands, some YAC capabilities. Tracks it well deep and has deceptive speed. Was sensational at FCS level then was a major producer after transferring into the Big Ten.

Jaire
04-30-2022, 06:57 PM
Good throw at the dart board

Wow. I thought he was shorter.

HarveyWallbangers
05-01-2022, 03:33 AM
ESPN

Pre-Draft Analysis
Toure is a lean wide out with the speed to challenge vertically and he tracks the deep ball well. He's a competitive open-field runner who flashes after the catch. He averaged 19.5 yards per catch in 2021. -- Steve Muench

Jaire
05-01-2022, 06:56 AM
Three guys that can get deep. Samori is 24.

It's an interesting haul, definitely more talented than the 2018 group.

HarveyWallbangers
05-03-2022, 12:38 PM
This guy's speed testing numbers are pretty strange. He ran a very solid 4.48 40 yet had a 1.64 10yd split--which is one of the slowest in the class. It looks like he has build up speed.

Watson's 1.45 10yd split is very good--especially for a big WR. Calvin Austin ran 4.32 40 with 1.44 10yd split.

Fritz
05-03-2022, 12:47 PM
I wonder if that means this Samurai will be good or terrible at getting off against the bump and run type of coverage at the line of scrimmage.

run pMc
05-04-2022, 11:30 AM
He's 6-1, not 6-3. Not what I'd call a burner but has some build-up speed to go with good agility.
Tore up the FCS with like 1300+ yards, then moved up to Big10 football and was the Cornhuskers leading receiver last year. Played well in whatever bowl game (Shrine? East/West?) he was invited to. Was pretty good college player, if a bit of an older prospect. No idea if he has ST upside, but I'm sure they'll give him a look. Good depth piece to develop and push Amari for time in the slot. Can probably also play outside - he led the Big 10 in ypc. Sneaky good pick... I like it. If they can stash him on the PS and let him develop for a year he could be a really nice WR3.

texaspackerbacker
05-04-2022, 01:44 PM
He's listed on several websites as 6'3". Where did you hear he is shorter?

Sparkey
05-04-2022, 02:02 PM
He's 6-1, not 6-3. Not what I'd call a burner but has some build-up speed to go with good agility.
Tore up the FCS with like 1300+ yards, then moved up to Big10 football and was the Cornhuskers leading receiver last year. Played well in whatever bowl game (Shrine? East/West?) he was invited to. Was pretty good college player, if a bit of an older prospect. No idea if he has ST upside, but I'm sure they'll give him a look. Good depth piece to develop and push Amari for time in the slot. Can probably also play outside - he led the Big 10 in ypc. Sneaky good pick... I like it. If they can stash him on the PS and let him develop for a year he could be a really nice WR3.

James Jones says Toure reminds him of himself when he played. Jones also comps Watson to Jordy and Doubs to Greg Jennings. Take it for what it's worth...

run pMc
05-04-2022, 04:32 PM
He's listed on several websites as 6'3". Where did you hear he is shorter?

https://ras.football/ras-information/?PlayerID=21626

Packers website also lists him at 6-1
https://www.packers.com/team/players-roster/samori-toure/

The 6-3 was a typo (or typical lie from college school) likely replicated around the interwebz.

Sparkey
05-05-2022, 06:55 PM
https://youtu.be/5bAFEWki2jU

run pMc
05-15-2022, 01:20 PM
Kool-aid? possibly. I think he's better than other late round flyers they've taken (DeAngelo Yancey, Malachi Dupre).
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g76h9ewaJc8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hqePRKiV-g0

He's an older prospect but he's a good route runner with decent speed and the agility numbers GB likes. Can probably be a vice or gunner on ST if needed too. A long shot to make the roster but worth keeping on the PS for a year IMO.

Joemailman
05-18-2023, 05:36 PM
Ryan Wood
@ByRyanWood
Jason Vrable says the receiver who is turning heads inside #Packers building -- albeit, before OTAs start -- is Samori Toure: "83 looks unbelievable. He's put on 10 pounds, he's worked his butt off."

Keep an eye out for that development.
1:03 PM · May 18, 2023

Break out the Kool-Aid.

red
05-18-2023, 06:35 PM
interesting, very interesting

Joemailman
05-18-2023, 07:19 PM
I did like a lot of things he did in preseason last year. But he did look like he wasn't strong enough to take a big hit or block

If he's gained 8-10, that puts him in the 200 lb. Range.

RashanGary
05-18-2023, 07:30 PM
6’1” 200 is in the ideal range. We’ll see. More to it than weighing 200 lbs

run pMc
05-19-2023, 09:24 AM
Break out the Kool-Aid.

Yeah, I hate that kind of stuff, it always makes me think they're pumping some guy up who really stinks. Remember how Tyler Davis looked great and might have a great year last offseason? Or how Amari Rodgers dropped weight and looked leaner and faster?

For the record, I think Toure has a lot of talent and this could be an exception to these Kiss of Death offseason puff quotes. Felt like he didn't quite have a grasp on the offense and they didn't play him because of it. He'll be leaned on more heavily this year and it sounds like he's taking it seriously.

QBME
05-19-2023, 06:10 PM
https://youtu.be/5bAFEWki2jU

Ok for now
Out of Nebraska fits Green Bay
All highlights seemed to be warm weather fall
We shall see

RashanGary
05-20-2023, 10:11 PM
Yeah, I hate that kind of stuff, it always makes me think they're pumping some guy up who really stinks. Remember how Tyler Davis looked great and might have a great year last offseason? Or how Amari Rodgers dropped weight and looked leaner and faster?

For the record, I think Toure has a lot of talent and this could be an exception to these Kiss of Death offseason puff quotes. Felt like he didn't quite have a grasp on the offense and they didn't play him because of it. He'll be leaned on more heavily this year and it sounds like he's taking it seriously.

It’s an endless list of puff pieces that don’t amount to much.

NewsBruin
05-21-2023, 02:02 AM
Ok for now
Out of Nebraska fits Green Bay
All highlights seemed to be warm weather fall
We shall see

It's really hard to judge Toure in the pros by those loping passes at Nebraska.

MadScientist
05-21-2023, 02:24 PM
It’s an endless list of puff pieces that don’t amount to much.

Yep. It's happy-clappy season for Packers reports. However, I did really like the pick last year, much more than this year's DuBise pick. Maybe the puff piece will actually turn out right.

Joemailman
05-21-2023, 04:15 PM
Spring is the time of year for puff pieces. Pads don't go on until August.

Fritz
05-22-2023, 08:04 AM
I've been on this kid's bandwagon, and I am pulling for him. If he really did buckle down and put on the needed weight, and if the offense is getting more understandable to him, and if he is willing to block, then I think this kid has the rest of the tools to be a pretty darn good player.

Unless by "turning heads inside #Packers building" they just mean he looked sexy.

You know how you pick out an underdog and pull for him just for the hell of it? Well, he's that guy for me.

Anyway, I'm hopeful, and I'm rooting for him.