PDA

View Full Version : OFFICIAL GB PACKERS UNDRAFTED FREE AGENT SIGNINGS 2022

Bretsky
04-30-2022, 06:47 PM
Thread for Random Musings as well as signings

Bretsky
04-30-2022, 06:47 PM
looks like we have a few so far

Indiana OT Caleb Jones (Tom Silverstein)

UCF OL Cole Schneider (Aaron Wilson)

Iowa RB Tyler Goodson (Jason Hirschhorn)

Louisiana DE EDGE Chauncey Manac (Justin Melo)

LSU DL Glen Logan,

smuggler
04-30-2022, 07:30 PM
https://www.acmepackingcompany.com/nfl-draft-2022-packers/2022/4/30/23051045/packers-2022-undrafted-free-agency-tracker-nfl-draft

HarveyWallbangers
04-30-2022, 07:33 PM
Besides Goodson, I’ve never even heard of the other guys. :)

Bretsky
04-30-2022, 07:55 PM
https://www.acmepackingcompany.com/nfl-draft-2022-packers/2022/4/30/23051045/packers-2022-undrafted-free-agency-tracker-nfl-draft

Here is list from above

Cole Schneider, OL, UCF
Caleb Jones, OL, Indiana
Chauncey Manac, EDGE, Louisiana
Tyler Goodson, RB, Iowa
Glen Logan, DL, LSU (Signed with the Browns for $60k guaranteed)
Akial Byers, DL, Missouri
George Moore, OL, Oregon
Caliph Brice, LB, FAU
Raleigh Texada, CB, Baylor
Anthony Turner, WR, Grand View
Hauati Pututau, DL, Utah
B.J. Baylor, RB, Oregon State
Keke Chism, WR, Missouri
Ellis Brooks, LB, Penn State

Bretsky
04-30-2022, 07:58 PM
Colts signed QB Jack Coan
Eagles signed Carson Strong

Jaire
04-30-2022, 08:38 PM
Only one db. I wonder who they have signed: they must be content with that group. interesting.

Goodson is a good grab.

HarveyWallbangers
04-30-2022, 09:25 PM
I’ve heard of Goodson and Brooks.

HarveyWallbangers
04-30-2022, 09:25 PM
Only one db. I wonder who they have signed: they must be content with that group. interesting.

Goodson is a good grab.

We still have Kabian Ento, right? :)

Bretsky
04-30-2022, 10:56 PM
My daughter said the Packers signed a Badger so maybe they don't hate them....lol Danny Davis

Nelson signs with Seattle

Sanborne with Da Bears

Joemailman
05-01-2022, 04:52 PM
Tyler Goodson could challenge Patrick Taylor for the #4 RB position.

https://packerswire.usatoday.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/57/2022/04/Screen-Shot-2022-04-14-at-10.23.37-AM.png

Joemailman
05-01-2022, 05:12 PM
RAS scores of Packer UDFA signings'

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FRsqpt1VUAEkQ49?format=png&name=small

HarveyWallbangers
05-01-2022, 05:12 PM
I personally didn't like his tape, but we'll see. We also haven't had an RB under 205 pounds since DuJuan Harris, and we haven't drafted one since Thompson took over. Hopefully, Kylin Hill has a quick recovery because I like his potential.

Are there any really good athletes amongst the others? I suppose I should look that up.

HarveyWallbangers
05-01-2022, 05:13 PM
Awesome. You did the diryt work. Boy, this is about the least athletic group of UDFAs we've brought in. I wonder if the Packers realize there aren't a lot of openings for UDFAs and didn't pony up for big bonuses.

HarveyWallbangers
05-01-2022, 05:15 PM
I guess Heflin's RAS last year was 4.93. Yosh was 9.81. Malik Taylor was 8.34. Allen Lazard was 8.58. Robert Tonyan was 8.84. Lucas Patrick was 9.30. Kentrell Brice was 7.72.

Joemailman
05-01-2022, 07:18 PM
Awesome. You did the diryt work. Boy, this is about the least athletic group of UDFAs we've brought in. I wonder if the Packers realize there aren't a lot of openings for UDFAs and didn't pony up for big bonuses.

Could be. There was one guy who was reported to be signing with the Packers, but signed with someone else because they gave him 60K guaranteed. Honestly, Goodson is the only guy they signed that I've heard of.

smuggler
05-01-2022, 09:40 PM
Goodson looks like a (short) receiver being forced to play running back. Maybe he'll find a home in a slot or scatback role. I don't see him making the team as a true back.

HarveyWallbangers
05-02-2022, 02:24 AM
What a fall for Justyn Ross. Not only did he go undrafted, but nobody has signed him as a UDFA. Only four players from the scouting combine have been left out in the cold: EDGE Tre Williams (had character concerns and then ran a 5.08 40), CB Mykael Wright (2.94 RAS), CB Jermaine Waller (ran 4.68 40), and Justyn Ross. I wonder if he's not fully healthy, and teams are waiting for him to get healthy. He didn't look the same last year, and then ran 4.64 40 and had a 2.59 RAS score. What a difference from his freshman year when he was dominating in playoff games.

smuggler
05-02-2022, 05:45 AM
Ross has cervical spine fusion. Not even sure why he played last year. His football days are over.

Jaire
05-02-2022, 07:00 AM
Db room is thin. I'm surprised they aren't bringing in more. Makes me wonder who Shawn Davis, Keisean Nixon, and Kiondre Thomas are. (Also Innis Gaines who had ACL's in jr. and sr. years at TCU).

RashanGary
05-02-2022, 07:52 AM
The 6th round through UDFA was supposed to be strong this year. One or two probably makes it.

run pMc
05-02-2022, 11:25 AM
Db room is thin. I'm surprised they aren't bringing in more. Makes me wonder who Shawn Davis, Keisean Nixon, and Kiondre Thomas are. (Also Innis Gaines who had ACL's in jr. and sr. years at TCU).

They are thin at S but still have Jaire, Stokes and Rasul at CB. I think they'll see who else shakes loose and pick up a CB for depth unless SJC progresses.
Shawn Davis was like a R5 or R6 pick by IND so he clearly had a draftable grade.

HarveyWallbangers
05-02-2022, 11:46 AM
Ross has cervical spine fusion. Not even sure why he played last year. His football days are over.

Ross signed with KC today.

Jaire
05-03-2022, 07:03 AM
Caleb Jones makes Yosh look petite.

He will play tackle and guard

at the same time.

texaspackerbacker
05-03-2022, 10:35 AM
What ever happened to that 6'9" 400 plus pounder who used to play for Minnesota (Gophers, not Vikings)?

Joemailman
05-03-2022, 10:41 AM
What ever happened to that 6'9" 400 plus pounder who used to play for Minnesota (Gophers, not Vikings)?

Ravens took him in the 4th round. He's slimmed down to 384.

Fritz
05-03-2022, 03:26 PM
I'm surprised the Packers didn't bring in a few corners. Do they really think they need no depth? Do they like Ento that much? Do they like Shemale Jean Claude Van Damme that much?

Upnorth
05-03-2022, 04:15 PM
I'm surprised the Packers didn't bring in a few corners. Do they really think they need no depth? Do they like Ento that much? Do they like Shemale Jean Claude Van Damme that much?

Our top 3 cb are solid plus shamar looked ok. I think safety is more concerning, unless they transition shemar there

Joemailman
05-03-2022, 05:13 PM
I sense a Kevin King signing. He played quite well in dime packages last year after returning from injury. Did a decent job covering TE's.

run pMc
05-03-2022, 05:28 PM
I sense a Kevin King signing. He played quite well in dime packages last year after returning from injury. Did a decent job covering TE's.

It could happen, but it better be for a lot less than last year. There will be some cheap veterans out there to pick thru if they decide they need another CB. I wasn't exactly impressed with SJC but it's a jump from App State to the pros, and he might be ok after a year.

How old is Ento? Seems like dude has been on the PS or IR for at least 3 years now.

texaspackerbacker
05-04-2022, 12:01 AM
Hopefully your sense about King is wrong, Joe.

Ento would be better as a 4th Corner or maybe the UDFA just signed.

As for backups at Safety, we still have Vernon Scott who was good when he was healthy. Also, there is Snoop Dog's nephew, Nixon, who ought to be good enough to at least make the 53. I think Carpenter, in addition to special teams, will get more work at Safety than ILB.

run pMc
05-04-2022, 11:24 AM
yeah, I forgot about Vernon Scott, although he was a healthy scratch at times last year which is a concern.
Nixon will be a ST ace but they were talking him up like he could be more. I blew that off as typical off-season talk, but I guess we'll find out.

They are a bit thin at CB from the standpoint that they are top-heavy with Jaire, Stokes, Rasul and ... ? If one or two of them are hurt that becomes a potentially ugly lineup. Corners get banged up or pull hammys so you need at least 4 good-enough ones. I'm not sure SJC is there but maybe this offseason he makes a jump. I think if they bring in a corner it will be one who can play in the slot.

texaspackerbacker
05-04-2022, 01:41 PM
Tre Sterling, the UDFA is listed as a Safety, but supposedly has ability to play Corner also - maybe a Chandon Sullivan type.

smuggler
05-04-2022, 07:20 PM
Ross signed with KC today.

Good luck to him. I hope he doesn't make things worse with his neck.

run pMc
05-05-2022, 11:19 AM
Good luck to him. I hope he doesn't make things worse with his neck.

Yeah, he looked like a future R1 pick his freshman season. He must have failed many teams on the medical. You also wonder if the injuries have robbed him of some of that ability, and then there's the durability issue itself. If you can't stay healthy on the CFB level, it's not looking great for your pro prospects. Those guys are bigger, faster, and hit harder.

Fritz
05-05-2022, 03:53 PM
It could happen, but it better be for a lot less than last year. There will be some cheap veterans out there to pick thru if they decide they need another CB. I wasn't exactly impressed with SJC but it's a jump from App State to the pros, and he might be ok after a year.

How old is Ento? Seems like dude has been on the PS or IR for at least 3 years now.

I believe that Kevin King will have to pay the team this time around.

run pMc
05-06-2022, 09:14 AM
I believe that Kevin King will have to pay the team this time around.

lol would be a decent value signing.
Seriously, last year King actually wasn't awful... but his injuries have sapped his athleticism, and he should be at most a cheap/mediocre veteran backup for someone. I don't know that I want that someone to be GB...haven't seen who else is out there. Thing with CB is you always need to play a bunch of them (nickel or dime defense) and they get dinged up a lot.