PDA

View Full Version : Predict the score: Packers vs Saints.

mmmdk
09-15-2006, 12:22 PM
:?: Predict the score: Packers vs Saints on sunday the 17th of september 2006.

Gimme your prediction and why.

I will give my prediction later in the day when this thread gets going.

jack's smirking revenge
09-15-2006, 12:25 PM
Saints 27
Pack 14

Reggie Bush looks like a madman, scoring thrice (2 by air, 1 by sea).

tyler

Packnut
09-15-2006, 12:27 PM
Saints 27
Pack 14

Reggie Bush looks like a madman, scoring thrice (2 by air, 1 by sea).

tyler

I'll go with that prediction since Bush is on several of my FF teams.

ahaha
09-15-2006, 12:29 PM
Packers 27
Saints 17

The Packers get on track offensively with a big game by Green going against a suspect defense. Bush gets a few nice gains through the air, but the Saints running game is stuffed by a solid run defense led by A.J. Hawk.

mmmdk
09-15-2006, 12:30 PM
I've got Bush in 1 FF league only but I'm in a dilemma; my # 1 RB is Tomlinson, 2 & 3 are R.Bush or A.Green. Tough call.

Rastak
09-15-2006, 12:31 PM
Saints 21 Packers 17

Packnut
09-15-2006, 12:32 PM
I've got Bush in 1 FF league only but I'm in a dilemma; my # 1 RB is Tomlinson, 2 & 3 are R.Bush or A.Green. Tough call.

Yeah that is a tough one. Both should do well but Bush has the added bonus of being a large part of the Saints passing game.

Cheesehead Craig
09-15-2006, 12:33 PM
I'm just hoping the Saints decide not to give us payback for last year's whooping we gave them.

Badgepack
09-15-2006, 12:34 PM
Packers - 35
Saints - 24

MadtownPacker
09-15-2006, 12:34 PM
Predict the score of predict if the Packers WILL score? :mrgreen:

20 - 14 Packers - M3 Lets Favre throw early and often against, why against Mac!!

Let the koolaid flow freely.

mmmdk
09-15-2006, 12:45 PM
Saints 20 Packers 17.

I do not expect a high scoring game and neither a blowout. Saints win because they're more settled on offense, defense and ST compared to the Packers. Rayner will get his first FG and he'll miss one too. Just a hunch. Brees will dink and dunk plus great one/two punch in Deuce & Bush. Packers will try to run all day and be somewhat successful. Saints win turnover battle 2-1 and that seals it. Packers passing game gets "sacked" by poor QB protection. The real reason for my prediction of a Packer loss is, as I indicated above, is that the team is still looking for an identity. Fact: in the last 15 years when a NFL team has been shot out, then 60% go out the next week as winners. Let's hope the fire from the Bears loss outweighs the inexperience of the Packer team. GO PACK GO

mmmdk
09-15-2006, 12:48 PM

Yeah that is a tough one. Both should do well but Bush has the added bonus of being a large part of the Saints passing game.

I hear ya, I think I'll wait till sunday...then I'll ask my 3 year old daughter who I should start :lol:

Fosco33
09-15-2006, 01:09 PM
This Saints squad is much diff't than the club we beat so easily last year. A healthy Deuce and the additions of Brees and Bush make this club better on offense and ST.

I see our 2ndry get burned again a few times and probably a few plays that make you say, 'huh?'. Overall though, I think we'll do okay defensively.

Our PR coverage team needs to make plays and stop the long returns.

Packers need to feed Green again and return to a mix of short and deep routes. I see the Packers using less max protection schemes and get Franks and Jennings involved early.

This game will be close - I'm thinking one of two things happen. We choke again b/c we're not cohesive and lack chemistry - Saints 28 Packers 10.... OR we hold our own and improve Saints 17 Packers 14.

We're still a young team and could pull this out but we need a few things to go our way early.

BlueBrewer
09-15-2006, 01:40 PM
Packers 473 Saints 3 Da Packers!!!

pkrjones
09-15-2006, 01:44 PM
Packers offense explodes for a 34-17 win.

Zool
09-15-2006, 03:26 PM
Packers offense explodes for a 34-17 win.21-20 Saints on a missed FG by Rayner at the gun.

My koolaid pitcher is empty from last week.

Brando19
09-15-2006, 03:29 PM
Packers 24 Saints 21

Ahman Green will have a great game with over 100 yards rushing and 1 touchdown.

Sparkey
09-15-2006, 03:31 PM
I see the game going one of posibly two directions:

1. Green Bay minimizes turnover and effectively runs the ball and has at least a 45% third down conversion percentage.

RESULT = GB 20 NO 16

2. Green Bay is unable to run the ball and Favre is under pressure all day

RESULT = NO 31 GB 10

I hope for the first, but past experience makes me not so sure.

BEARMAN
09-15-2006, 03:40 PM
Without having addressed your "O" line problem, and the way DA BEARS held you to our 35, I see Bush having a great day.
Saints 27
packers 13

Maybe next week ?

GO BEARS !

GBRulz
09-15-2006, 03:44 PM
Packers 38
Aints 21

I am giving Brett one more chance to prove himself to remain my starting QB in FF... knowing this, he will come out and throw 3 TD's..... :wink:

packrulz
09-15-2006, 03:52 PM
The Ain'ts just traded Stallworth, and it's at home, KROB will probably return kicks, and the Packs D did ok against T. Jones, ( only 63 yds rushing), the Ain'ts have a new QB, MM used to coach for them, I smell a Packer win. 27-14. Driver will burn McKenzie for a TD.

Willard
09-15-2006, 03:52 PM
Without having addressed your "O" line problem, and the way DA BEARS held you to our 35, I see Bush having a great day.
Saints 27
packers 13

Maybe next week ?

GO BEARS !

Next week will be tough too. The Lions will be really fired up after their upset win in Chicago this Sunday. :evil:

pittstang5
09-15-2006, 03:58 PM
Saints 24
Packers 17

Down all game (opening drive the Saints score), Favre tries a 4th quarter come back to tie it up and throws a deep one down the sideline for Jennings, only to be picked off by none other than M. Mac.

I've lost the faith. This team is going nowhere and fast.

gbpackfan
09-15-2006, 04:01 PM
TT is NOT going to bring in anyone else for the O line. We are going to develop the guys we have. I don't know where some of you think TT is going to get a starting G at this point in the season. He certainly isnt going to trade a draft pick! So, we develop our rookies and we will be better next season because of it. No more ONE YEAR CRAPPY STOP GAPS!

As for the game on Sunday. I watched the Saints play last week and wasnt overly impressed. The Packers should win on Sunday. I am very optomistic about our chances.

PACKERS 27
SAINTS 17

OS PA
09-15-2006, 04:05 PM
Packers 53 - Saints 3

Repeat

KYPack
09-15-2006, 04:17 PM
Saints 14

Packers 10

We show some good things, but don't close the deal

Harlan Huckleby
09-15-2006, 04:21 PM
TT is NOT going to bring in anyone else for the O line. We are going to develop the guys we have.

well, they better do some quick developing today and tomorrow! Is Spitz out? With Colledge starting, Coston out, who the hell is gonna backup across the line? Our crappy 2nd string center, White? Or that rookie guard from the waiver wire?

YIKES!

gbpackfan
09-15-2006, 04:37 PM
The active O-linemen will be:

Taush
Clifton
Wells
Colledge
Moll
White
Palmer / Spitz

MM said that Colledge will get the start but Spitz will be a game time decision. I wouldnt be surprised to see him active but he won't be in there on the first series.

Like it or not boys and girls, this is what we are going through the season with unless one of them is out with a season ending injury. At this point, I am fine with it. Develop them this year so they will be that much better next. Normally, I would rather develop one rookie at a time, but TT doesn't share my thinking.

woodbuck27
09-15-2006, 04:42 PM
Packers 473 Saints 3 Da Packers!!!

BlueBrewer:

Some Questions??

Then... GREAT, Brett Favre may break's Dan Marino's (TD's passing) Record (420) on Sunday? If so the HEAT is off! :mrgreen:

1.) Good chance , Ehh?

2. Anyone ?

Provided there are no Safety's for the Packers and all Td's are single point conversions. " a Wonderlic style question ".

What is " the minimum number " of FG's by Dave Raynar, that will make that score of 473 - 3, work ?

GO PACK GO !

Boy my eyes had to be twisting when I posted that.

sorry. . . conversions not concersions (what the heck is a concersion?)

Hey..maybe we have a new word and we need a definition of what a concersion is. We must make it football related, or we have to move it to Romper room. :mrgreen:

gbpackfan
09-15-2006, 04:49 PM
The answer is ZERO

67 TDs and 2 safety's will do the trick! Or just go for two on 4 of your TDs. Either way.

bbbffl66
09-15-2006, 05:06 PM
The backs are against the wall in game 2. Not a good sign. I will predict a Packer victory though. Brett just will not let the team be this bad. Plus I like the matchup of our WR against McKenzie and co.

GB 20
NO 17 :smile:

b bulldog
09-15-2006, 05:18 PM
Packers 27, Saints 24

oregonpackfan
09-15-2006, 05:52 PM
Saints 27
Packers 10

I hate to agree with the Bears troll but I think the deciding factor with the Packers just barely able to score is their inexperienced O-line. You just cannot have an effective running game or passing attack without sufficient blocking up front.

I think the defense will give up 27 points because the Packers defense will be on the field for a long time due to the weakness of the Packers offense. When the defense spends a disproportionate amount of time on the field, they tend to get fatigued. The opponents offense, in turn, scores more points.

In desperation to make a play, Brett Favre will throw at least 1 interception in the fourth quarter.

Sorry for the "Gloom and Doom" forecast but the team is not looking very good early in the season.

OPF

BF4MVP
09-15-2006, 06:14 PM
Packers 21
Saints 7

Yes, I know, it is a bold, and maybe stupid, prediction, but since when have I ever been anything other than a hardcore homer and eternal optimist when it comes to my hometown team?

The Packers are playing with a huge chip on their shoulder this week, and when I say huge, I mean monumental. They have taken the brunt of the national media's criticism after their abysmal performance against the Bears at home on Sunday.

I don't want to jinx it, but I really don't see Reggie Bush being that big of a problem. To me, it seemed like one of the few things the Packers did well against the Bears was stop the run. It's not like Thomas Jones is a scrub either. Who's to say that it's inevitable that a rookie runningback will come into Lambeau and tear it up? Could it happen? Absolutely. After all, Reggie Bush is one of the best prospects to come out of college in a long time. Does it have to happen? Nope. If the defensive line and linebackers just focus, they can stop him. How about putting Abdul Hodge on the field if you're concerned about stopping Reggie? From what I've seen, Hodge has played the run better than any linebacker on our roster.

It's time for Al Harris and Charles Woodson to buckle down, and prove they are one of the best corner duos in the league. Joe Horn isn't anywhere close to the receiver he used to be, and he's the only player who even resembles an NFL receiver on that entire roster.

Ahman needs to continue to do what he did last week.

A receiver besides Donald Driver has to step up this week, to give Brett Favre another weapon in the passing game. Robert Ferguson had a couple nice catches, including a clutch fourth and six catch, but it wasn't nearly enough. If not for the five-yard wide receiver screen that Jennings cought in the fourth quarter, he would have gone without a single reception. He was invisible. Where was all that playmaking ability we saw from Jennings in the preseason? Hopefully it shows up this week.

Just another random note: Get Brady Poppinga off the field.

There are a lot of "ifs," but they need to happen. A win would give the Packers a much needed confidence boost before they head to Detroit to take on the Lions. A loss will just send them further into the hole they're already in.

Fosco33
09-15-2006, 06:16 PM
MM said that Colledge will get the start but Spitz will be a game time decision. I wouldnt be surprised to see him active but he won't be in there on the first series.

Is that official now? :razz:

You were right about me calling it too early but the result will probably be the same. I hope Colledge isn't a huge disappointment...

FavreChild
09-15-2006, 06:33 PM
Pack 17
N.O. 14

Yes, it's a completely different opponent, but after getting shut-out, I would really be surprised to see the offense clicking at an acceptable level. Two TDs and a FG would be satisfactory, I guess.

Not expecting the D to work any miracles, either. I mean, we made Chicago look fairly prolific; the Saints arguably have more playmakers on offense....

But please, for the love of Gado ( :cry: ), NO TURNOVERS! Especially not on special teams.

I give absolutely no credit to McCarthy if we win this game. After all, he only considers these contests to be "learning experiences." :evil: Opponents can smell his fear.

RashanGary
09-15-2006, 06:35 PM
Packers 24
Saints 21

mmmdk
09-15-2006, 06:40 PM
Pack 17
N.O. 14

I give absolutely no credit to McCarthy if we win this game. After all, he only considers these contests to be "learning experiences." :evil: Opponents can smell his fear.

He (McCarthy) actually said that??? I'm baffled. I'd like to see it in writting though. I can't see Packers more than 2 games all season, if the above, is his approach.

GrnBay007
09-15-2006, 07:01 PM
Packers 24

Saints 13

Scott Campbell
09-15-2006, 07:06 PM
I predict we play twice as well as last week.

Saints 13
Packers 0

gbpackfan
09-15-2006, 08:24 PM

Is that official now? :razz:

You were right about me calling it too early but the result will probably be the same. I hope Colledge isn't a huge disappointment...

Fosco,

I didn't mean to sound like such an ass when I called you out. MM did say today that Colledge would get the start but that Spitz may still be active. It will be a game time decision.

The scary thing. Moll looked better last week then Spitz. And they both looked better then Clifton! I want the O line to gel too, but having Colledge get the start does not worry me any more then I already was about the O line. In fact, he may come out and win the job back. He was an OUTSTANDING O linemen in college and maybe his demotion lit a fire under his ass.

PaCkFan_n_MD
09-15-2006, 08:31 PM
Saints 2
Packers 3

The most boring game you have ever seen. :mrgreen:

woodbuck27
09-15-2006, 08:31 PM
I predict we play twice as well as last week.

Saints 13
Packers 0

Scott you are the Man....

to give me a chuckle. :mrgreen: X 10

wist43
09-15-2006, 08:47 PM
23-7

Saints

woodbuck27
09-15-2006, 08:55 PM
The answer is ZERO

67 TDs and 2 safety's will do the trick! Or just go for two on 4 of your TDs. Either way.

That was a possible Wonderlic answer to a Wonderlic multple Choice question... but not correct gbpackfan. :mrgreen:

I specified the minimum number of FG's (inferring that - my Bad) Dave Raynar does "in fact" kick a FG/FG's; and I did write that there were ZERO (NO) safety's or no two point conversions.

NOW your in trouble gbpackfan. . .if it gets just too difficult I advise that you move onto the next question.

Happy Wonderlic...ing. :mrgreen:

MadtownPacker
09-15-2006, 09:05 PM
Like I said, M3 lets Favre throw early and often. If not...

At he start of the second half last week, did anyone happen to catch the sideline reporter say she had spoken to M3 coming out of the locker and he had said Favre "is going to have to get them out of it"?

I am a M3 support but this really pissed me off and when she said it I knew the INTs where coming. If M3 doesnt let Favre try to win early and expects him to make comebacks I am off his bandwagon. :evil:

Packnut
09-15-2006, 09:11 PM
Packers 38
Aints 21

I am giving Brett one more chance to prove himself to remain my starting QB in FF... knowing this, he will come out and throw 3 TD's..... :wink:

Tough to throw 3 TD's with the run run run offense we now have.

woodbuck27
09-15-2006, 09:30 PM
Like I said, M3 lets Favre throw early and often. If not...

At he start of the second half last week, did anyone happen to catch the sideline reporter say she had spoken to M3 coming out of the locker and he had said Favre "is going to have to get them out of it"?

I am a M3 support but this really pissed me off and when she said it I knew the INTs where coming. If M3 doesnt let Favre try to win early and expects him to make comebacks I am off his bandwagon. :evil:

Nice reporting Mad.

It's been five days since the Bears massacer and NOONE...???

toss'd that out there ??

What's UP with that PACKERRATS?

Chubbyhubby
09-15-2006, 09:36 PM
Packers 12

Saints 14

It's going to be a good game close, however the offense doesn't get on track and the only player that scores is 4 FG's by Rayner.

Harlan Huckleby
09-15-2006, 11:02 PM
the only player that scores is 4 FG's by Rayner.

oh my god. I ain't watching.

Bretsky
09-15-2006, 11:36 PM
All week long I've said the Saints will beat the Packers, but my homerism is breaking me.

Let's set the QB's aside and look at the matchups.

The Packers OL could get torn apart by the Saints DL, but the Saints LB's are nothing special. Ahman Green looks solid, but his success will depend on how bad the Saints DL handles the Packer OL

The Packers WR's should be able to get open pretty easy; the only question is will the OL give them time to get open ?

The Saints OL is average at best; the Packers DL is average at best against the run. But those Saints RB's are stellar

The Packers CB's should be able to cover the Saints receivers fairly well
But if the DL gives Drew Brees time to host a picnic, how much does that matter ?

Let's face it; as far as special teams play, it's a reflection of how deep your team is. This team is not deep, so let's flatter ourselves and use our Packer Homerism to call the special teams a wash.

OK, back to the question. Who will win ?

If you read my above views, it certainly appears the Saints have the Edge.
But the Packers get a slight edge due to once alive Lambeau Mystique.

For the Money I'd bet the Aint's.

But for my official Packerrats prediction from the Grail, I'll go

Green Bay 23
Saints 20

Dave Rayner kicks a 37 yard field goal with 22 seconds left in the game for the win.

NOTE: If GB finds a way to lose to the Aint's at home this may be my last victory prediction of the seson.

Cheers,
B

J-Rok
09-15-2006, 11:44 PM
Saints 2
Packers 3

That was my prediction for the Bear game, but with the scores swapped. I don't think our PK can make a fg. So, I'll go with...

Packers 6
Saints 3

(missed XP)

woodbuck27
09-16-2006, 01:29 AM
After alot of thought:

Saints 27 - Packers 17

I believe that MM has to open up with Brett Favre early after getting the feel of the running game.

MM has to allow Favre to pass 12 -15 times in the first half. Will he?

Are we soon going to see the process to exit Favre? If so, that's not going to be pretty. I HOPE I'm totally wrong, yet, too much looks wrong.

Favre does make one TD pass and somehow a RB rush's for a TD. Rayner get's his first FG.

That's OUR 17 points

If we don't establish the run, that could easily be 10 points.

On N.O.'s side.

Bree's is not a QB to toss 2 picks in a game and he'll pass for about 200 yards.

The Saints are not the same team we last saw.

Bree's alone makes them better. Now, add Deuce McCallister and Reggie "Superman Rookie" Bush, and the 150 or so yards he'll generate and the fits he'll give aging and wished they had been in the OTA's - CB's Harris and Woodson and add a decent young receiving Corps. That translates to at least 21 points, and opportunities that were left to their FG kicker, who gets 2X FG's.

That's their 27 points.

Terry
09-16-2006, 03:14 AM
Provided there are no Safety's for the Packers and all Td's are single point conversions...

What is the minimum number of FG's by Dave Raynar, that will make that score of 473 - 3, work ?

Six.

mmmdk
09-16-2006, 12:02 PM
Our "bonafide" corner tandem, Harris & Woodson, will be up against a hubbled WR Horn & generally inexperience at the receivers position. If they fail, then we're cooked (for the season). Have they, our starting CBs, got anything left in the tank? On a note, our safeties are hardly average. IF, IF, IF the passing game is shot down then Packers might sneak by the Aints.

I still predict a 20-17 Saints win but I just want a Packer win.

MadtownPacker
09-16-2006, 12:16 PM
Our "bonafide" corner tandem, Harris & Woodson, will be up against a hubbled WR Horn & generally inexperience at the receivers position. If they fail, then we're cooked (for the season). Have they, our starting CBs, got anything left in the tank.Well whichever stinks up the joint this week needs to get demoted in favor of the younger, faster, and hungrier Ahmad Carroll. Should have stuck him on muhsin last week since Woodson and Harris wherent doing much anyways. People complain about Carroll's brash, rude or cocky behavior. WHATEVER! If the rest of the team thought so highly of themselves we would not have seen the big fat egg last week!

J-Rok
09-16-2006, 12:32 PM
If the rest of the team thought so highly of themselves we would not have seen the big fat egg last week!

Wow, couldn't have said it any better than that. Great post (I think).

Kiwon
09-16-2006, 04:44 PM
If the O-line plays well:

The Packers control the clock and win in an upset - Packers 24 Saints 21. MM becomes a temporary hero.

If the O-line struggles:

Saints 31 Packers 10 with Farve throwing 3 ints. The Lambeau faithful sends a message to TT and MM with a chorus of boos at the half and at the end of the game.

That said, "Come on, Pack! Get 'er done!"

woodbuck27
09-16-2006, 07:10 PM
Provided there are no Safety's for the Packers and all Td's are single point conversions...

What is the minimum number of FG's by Dave Raynar, that will make that score of 473 - 3, work ?

Six.

DAM STRAIGHT. Terry.

GOLD STAR. :mrgreen:

SD GB fan
09-16-2006, 09:55 PM
31-13.

Saints

prove me wrong

Fosco33
09-18-2006, 07:52 PM
This Saints squad is much diff't than the club we beat so easily last year. A healthy Deuce and the additions of Brees and Bush make this club better on offense and ST.

I see our 2ndry get burned again a few times and probably a few plays that make you say, 'huh?'. Overall though, I think we'll do okay defensively.

Our PR coverage team needs to make plays and stop the long returns.

Packers need to feed Green again and return to a mix of short and deep routes. I see the Packers using less max protection schemes and get Franks and Jennings involved early.

This game will be close - I'm thinking one of two things happen. We choke again b/c we're not cohesive and lack chemistry - Saints 28 Packers 10.... OR we hold our own and improve Saints 17 Packers 14.

We're still a young team and could pull this out but we need a few things to go our way early.

Ok, let the MMQB begin - or end - I guess...

I was pretty close in my assessment - as were JSR and Pitts - among others...