Tony Oday
05-06-2022, 07:12 AM
Could be the Andre Rison we need.

Joemailman
05-06-2022, 07:31 AM
https://cdn.ponly.com/wp-content/uploads/No-Memes-13.jpg

Spaulding
05-06-2022, 07:43 AM
OBJ - maybe. AB - negative. Although obviously quite talented he's a team cancer and that far outweighs any field contribution he might make. Besides with such a young receiving corps (Watson, Doubs, Rodgers) you want players like Cobb as mentors and not AB.

SudsMcBucky
05-06-2022, 07:52 AM
Oh, f*ck no!!!

texaspackerbacker
05-06-2022, 08:03 AM
Why this now? Is there some fresh rumor about it?

Sparkey
05-06-2022, 11:02 AM
GAWD NO!

Tony Oday
05-06-2022, 11:32 AM
If we go into the year with this WR corp we would be lucky to get 10 wins.

texaspackerbacker
05-06-2022, 12:34 PM
Uh no. We could have gone into the year with nothing but what he had before the draft and won way more than 10. We really don't need any more. Watson is gonna be a superstar, and I'm coming around to thinking Doubs will be fairly good too.

Tony Oday
05-06-2022, 01:07 PM
Uh no. We could have gone into the year with nothing but what he had before the draft and won way more than 10. We really don't need any more. Watson is gonna be a superstar, and I'm coming around to thinking Doubs will be fairly good too.

I bet together they dont get 40 catches for 1000 yards.

RashanGary
05-06-2022, 01:17 PM
Lazard 50 for 700
Watson 40 for 650
Watkins 45 for 600
Cobb 40 for 500
Doubs 25 for 350

Aaron Jones 60 for 700
AJ Dillon 30 for 350

3,850 yards on 290 completions

bobblehead
05-06-2022, 01:21 PM
Oh, f*ck no!!!

upvoted. Tried to upvote twice. I say F*ck yes to your F*ck no.

run pMc
05-06-2022, 03:59 PM
I agree with spaulding -- AB is a cancer with off and on-field concerns. You do NOT want that guy around your rookies.

I think RG's estimates are super optimistic. 60 catches for Jones? Wow.
I don't think a rookie WR has caught over 600 yards from Rodgers ever. I think these numbers will be lower for each player, and I also think you're forgetting the TEs and Amari Rodgers in the list. Rodgers could reach 4000 yards passing, but I think they will have a more run-heavy scheme.

HarveyWallbangers
05-06-2022, 04:46 PM
Jones caught 52 last year, so it’s not a huge stretch. MVS had 581 yards in a 16 game season, so I’m expecting 600-800 from Watson.

RashanGary
05-06-2022, 06:11 PM
I agree with spaulding -- AB is a cancer with off and on-field concerns. You do NOT want that guy around your rookies.

I think RG's estimates are super optimistic. 60 catches for Jones? Wow.
I don't think a rookie WR has caught over 600 yards from Rodgers ever. I think these numbers will be lower for each player, and I also think you're forgetting the TEs and Amari Rodgers in the list. Rodgers could reach 4000 yards passing, but I think they will have a more run-heavy scheme.

Oh yeah, I totally forgot about TEs. They wont do much anyway. Maybe knock 100 yards off each of the receivers and add a total of 600 to the TE group.

run pMc
05-06-2022, 06:57 PM
Jones caught 52 last year, so it’s not a huge stretch. MVS had 581 yards in a 16 game season, so I’m expecting 600-800 from Watson.

Didn't realize he caught that many. Yeah, then 60 is possible for him. I think the RBs are going to be used a lot in the passing game given the WR room's inexperience.

texaspackerbacker
05-06-2022, 09:22 PM
Valdez-Scantling missed several games, I believe, and he was at best the second option for Rodgers to throw to. Watson will likely be the first option. Not to mention the fact that he has the tools to be considerably better than MVS. I'd be surprised if he doesn't at least approach Davante Adams numbers, especially if he plays 17 games, which Adams did not.

Rodgers is gonna get his completions and yardage and TDs. It just comes down to which receiver gets how much of it. And hell no, the Packers are NOT gonna devolve into a run first team. That's just not happening.

RashanGary
05-06-2022, 09:57 PM
Rodgers is gonna get his completions and yardage and TDs. It just comes down to which receiver gets how much of it.

Youre probably right that Rodgers will get his yards. The goat, Brady, always got his even when it was down years for his receiver group. But he had MVP years when his pass catchers were better.

There is no way in hell that Watson gets even close to Adams for yards. Not a chance. Not in a 24 game season.

texaspackerbacker
05-06-2022, 10:36 PM
You seriously are gonna spew shit that Brady, not Rodgers is the GOAT? Shame on you.

We'll see about Watson versus Adams. I wouldn't necessarily bet that Watson beats Adams' stats from last year with Rodgers even though I think he at least comes close. I would bet, though, that Watson beats Adams' totals this coming season playing with a lesser QB and team.

Mazzin
05-06-2022, 10:57 PM
Always lurking, had to log in to say HELL NO to this!

smuggler
05-07-2022, 07:34 AM
Imagine spending two second round picks, a fourth round pick, and a seventh round pick all on rookie receivers, just to let them all be poisoned by Antonio Brown. Dude is toxic, and I do not use that word lightly.

No.

run pMc
05-07-2022, 09:49 AM
There is no way in hell that Watson gets even close to Adams for yards. Not a chance. Not in a 24 game season.

Agree. They aren't going to replace Adams' production with a single receiver, especially a rookie.
If Watson gets HALF of Adams' production from this last year (let's say about 40-750-6) it would be a very successful season for a rookie and would likely point to a Year 2 jump. Let's see how he does in camp and preseason first.

run pMc
05-07-2022, 09:55 AM
You seriously are gonna spew shit that Brady, not Rodgers is the GOAT? Shame on you.

I appreciate the homerism and fandom here, but I think this topic has its own thread. How you define "GOAT" QB is pretty subjective.

Some might debate Rodgers isn't even the GOAT Packer or GOAT Packer QB. Recency bias is a helluva drug.

Hard pass on Antonio Brown. He quit on his team mid-game; he's so radioactive he'd need a lead-lined uniform.

RashanGary
05-07-2022, 10:11 AM
Always lurking, had to log in to say HELL NO to this!

Anti polar bear is gonna lose it

texaspackerbacker
05-07-2022, 11:01 AM
I appreciate the homerism and fandom here, but I think this topic has its own thread. How you define "GOAT" QB is pretty subjective.

Some might debate Rodgers isn't even the GOAT Packer or GOAT Packer QB. Recency bias is a helluva drug.

Hard pass on Antonio Brown. He quit on his team mid-game; he's so radioactive he'd need a lead-lined uniform.

Rodgers would have been super on any team he played on. The Packers were fortunate enough to have him. Brady on the other hand, needed (and had) outstanding pass blocking his whole career with both the Patriots and Buccaneers. He wouldn't have been nearly as good on a different team, even the Packers. Is anybody gonna dispute that idea? Nobody in NFL history had the combination of super accuracy, ability to read defenses, and mindset to avoid interceptions like Rodgers, all that and he is mobile too. That combination says GOAT. Favre had some of that ability; Brady could do some of it; P. Manning some; Elway probably most of it; Going way back to Otto Graham probably most of it; But literally nobody was ever as good in the sum total of all aspects as Rodgers.

And yeah, I know this is Antonio Brown's thread. Fuck him. The Packers don't need him simply because we are good enough at WR now, and somebody good would need to be cut to keep him. This silly cancer to the team shit is overrated. These are grown-assed men. even the rookies. They aren't going to follow some some absolute fool like Brown even if he did come here.

Upnorth
05-07-2022, 12:32 PM
Re rodgers being goid anywhere... When he came out he had a horrible release point that was corrected, and he had time to learn it, repeat it and reinfirce it. With out that time he may have sucked. Look at his college release to year 2 packers release in 2006. Massive difference.

Bretsky
05-07-2022, 02:43 PM
Rodgers would have been super on any team he played on. The Packers were fortunate enough to have him. Brady on the other hand, needed (and had) outstanding pass blocking his whole career with both the Patriots and Buccaneers. He wouldn't have been nearly as good on a different team, even the Packers. Is anybody gonna dispute that idea? Nobody in NFL history had the combination of super accuracy, ability to read defenses, and mindset to avoid interceptions like Rodgers, all that and he is mobile too. That combination says GOAT. Favre had some of that ability; Brady could do some of it; P. Manning some; Elway probably most of it; Going way back to Otto Graham probably most of it; But literally nobody was ever as good in the sum total of all aspects as Rodgers.

And yeah, I know this is Antonio Brown's thread. Fuck him. The Packers don't need him simply because we are good enough at WR now, and somebody good would need to be cut to keep him. This silly cancer to the team shit is overrated. These are grown-assed men. even the rookies. They aren't going to follow some some absolute fool like Brown even if he did come here.

Love AROD but he's not the GOAT.

I consider him MVP quality in the pre season, BUT not in the post season.
He was MVP quality versus Pittsburg in the Super Bowl.
But he's failed to perform at that level in recent playoffs years.
In the recent losses, He was ok, but not great. Had he been great I might consider it.

In comparison to Brady, Brady has not always had great offensive lines. And many many of the years AROD had better weapons than Brady as well. Brady has converted in the playoffs. That has weight in these debates. Rodgers failure to convert can't be ingored. Taking it a step further, I would argue Green Bay the last two years had superior talent to several NE teams who won it all. Rodgers shares his part of the blame

Anti-Polar Bear
05-08-2022, 05:23 AM
The only reason O’Day suddenly jumped on the AB bandwagon is, AB made some lame comments about Kap being a “trash” QB and a sellout. Said some shit about Kap not being ‘hood’ cos he was raised in a middle class white family, which is kinda true, I guess.

Kap pissed off O’Day so fuckery, the idiot fishmonger stopped watching, get this, the fucking NHL.

As for AB, I’m with Mazzin: heck NO! Trade J-Love and bring in Kap to back up Butte. I’d be extremely jolly with O’Day disavowing his fair-weather Packers fandom for, say, the Queens.

Btw: I with Tex regarding so-called locker cancer being overrated. NFL players are professionals, not 8th graders at Tom Landry Middle School. Do your fucking job!