PDA

View Full Version : Koren Robinson's Future?????????????????????????

BlueBrewer
09-15-2006, 01:44 PM
Does anyone have any insight into what probability he has of playing a good portion of this season? I would think that he will be in prison for sure at this time next season, but are we going to get more than two weeks out of him this year? Will the NFLPA possibly take his side saying alcohol is not a banned substance? :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

Rastak
09-15-2006, 01:46 PM
Does anyone have any insight into what probability he has of playing a good portion of this season? I would think that he will be in prison for sure at this time next season, but are we going to get more than two weeks out of him this year? Will the NFLPA possibly take his side saying alcohol is not a banned substance? :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

Blue, that sig is the greatest. I think his main concern right now is that the judge in Seattle will revoke his probation and he could then be sent to jail immediately...they will let him out I assume for his Minnesota trial on felony charges. I don't know for sure but I think the league will either act after the Seattle hearing or after the Minnesota trial.

Tony Oday
09-15-2006, 02:13 PM

Blue, that sig is the greatest. I think his main concern right now is that the judge in Seattle will revoke his probation and he could then be sent to jail immediately...they will let him out I assume for his Minnesota trial on felony charges. I don't know for sure but I think the league will either act after the Seattle hearing or after the Minnesota trial.

He still is not convicted in minnesota at that time he will have to go back to seattle and will be placed in jail for say 30 days or be on home confinement. He will play the full season. His attorney will file sect 5 and 8 i think is what they are called to postpone the trial so it happens after the season is over. Once he is convicted he will be sentenced in MN and the NFL will suspend him.

Rastak
09-15-2006, 02:20 PM

He still is not convicted in minnesota at that time he will have to go back to seattle and will be placed in jail for say 30 days or be on home confinement. He will play the full season. His attorney will file sect 5 and 8 i think is what they are called to postpone the trial so it happens after the season is over. Once he is convicted he will be sentenced in MN and the NFL will suspend him.

That scenario is possible. Of course his sentence is one year but the judge could stay all but 30 days, as you say. Not sure he would do that, or even why he would. I would guess he's royally pissed because he looks like an idiot for staying it in the first place after what happened.

Your second point is also possible Tony. The defense attorney could file motions to delay the trial but the judge in Minnesota may or may not sustain and of these motions. Who knows on that one.

I'd say your scenario is best case.....worst case would be a year in the can starting in a couple weeks and then jail time next year for the felony, then a year suspension after his second stint.

I would think he'll land somewhere in between. I'd like to guess but with the USA justice system anything can happen. OJ was able to kill people and walk.

Tony Oday
09-15-2006, 02:53 PM

That scenario is possible. Of course his sentence is one year but the judge could stay all but 30 days, as you say. Not sure he would do that, or even why he would. I would guess he's royally pissed because he looks like an idiot for staying it in the first place after what happened.

Your second point is also possible Tony. The defense attorney could file motions to delay the trial but the judge in Minnesota may or may not sustain and of these motions. Who knows on that one.

I'd say your scenario is best case.....worst case would be a year in the can starting in a couple weeks and then jail time next year for the felony, then a year suspension after his second stint.

I would think he'll land somewhere in between. I'd like to guess but with the USA justice system anything can happen. OJ was able to kill people and walk.

Im just reallly retelling what I heard on KFAN on the legal implications on the DUI charge he recieved. Seattle cant do anything yet, MN cant do anything yet and it is REAL easy to push off a trial...REAL easy all you have to do is plead Not Guilty and have your attorney book the next trial later...NFL cant do anything because under the collective barganing agreement the NFL cant do anythign until convicted eventhough we know he drank...

Terry
09-16-2006, 04:12 AM
You're all forgetting the revocation hearing in a few weeks. This has nothing to do with any sentence from the recent infraction. It can't be postponed and the decision cannot be appealed.

Rastak
09-16-2006, 07:58 AM
You're all forgetting the revocation hearing in a few weeks. This has nothing to do with any sentence from the recent infraction. It can't be postponed and the decision cannot be appealed.

Nobody is forgetting that, it was mentioned several times in this thread.
Generally when a judge stays a sentance it's on the promise of good behavior by the criminal. If the dude commits a crime the judge looks like an idiot....judges do NOT like to look like idiots.

red
09-16-2006, 08:17 AM
1. if they find him guilty of breaking his probation, is it an automatic 364 days in jail, or is it a maximum sentice of 364 days in jail?

2. wouldn't it make sense to have the minnesota trial first to make sure he did do something wrong, before saying that what he accused of doing was breaking his probation. it sounds far fetched, but oj got off because "racist cops were setting him up". so, to me, it makes sence to have the minnesota trial first to make sure he did do something wrong before they decide if he broke his probation.

3. how long is his probation. if he's close to the end of his probation theres a chance he could get off pretty easy. or, is there any way that the judje could decide that he did well for, say, x% of his probation, so he'll take off x% of his jail time. is that possible? i guess this goes back to my first question.

if i remember right, mike irvin, was on probation and broke the law again, and i was so happy because i thought for sure his ass would go to jail, and i would never have to watch that dickhead on tv again. but for some reason the judge did not throw him away for the amount of time that he promised.

Rastak
09-16-2006, 08:36 AM
1. if they find him guilty of breaking his probation, is it an automatic 364 days in jail, or is it a maximum sentice of 364 days in jail?

2. wouldn't it make sense to have the minnesota trial first to make sure he did do something wrong, before saying that what he accused of doing was breaking his probation. it sounds far fetched, but oj got off because "racist cops were setting him up". so, to me, it makes sence to have the minnesota trial first to make sure he did do something wrong before they decide if he broke his probation.

3. how long is his probation. if he's close to the end of his probation theres a chance he could get off pretty easy. or, is there any way that the judje could decide that he did well for, say, x% of his probation, so he'll take off x% of his jail time. is that possible? i guess this goes back to my first question.

if i remember right, mike irvin, was on probation and broke the law again, and i was so happy because i thought for sure his ass would go to jail, and i would never have to watch that dickhead on tv again. but for some reason the judge did not throw him away for the amount of time that he promised.

1. I think the judge has leeway to revoke the entire probation or just sentence him to a few months in the cooler if he wants.

2. It would make a certain amount of sense but that's not how it's happening. Probation isn't like a trial, if the judge thinks you fucked up he can just send your ass to jail since you've already dodged the bullet the first time. Don't forget, the sentence was one year and this guy was only required to serve one day in jail...and he actually showed up with alcohol on his breath for his one day, which was itself a violation of his probation.
I guess you could look at this one of two ways...a) The judge is quite lenient since he could have already put him away for a year or b) he'll say "that's it I've had it" and puts him away.

3. Shouldn't matter at all.

mmmdk
09-16-2006, 08:55 AM
The Saints have a beer man (Lewis) on roster. Well, so do we (K-Rob)!

packrulz
09-16-2006, 05:49 PM
The Packers only concern about signing Koren Robinson was whether he was in shape. So he lifted up his shirt and showed them his six-pack. :D