PDA

View Full Version : Packer Milestones 2022

Joemailman
06-20-2022, 01:49 PM
Aaron Rodgers

With 1664 passing yards, Rodgers will move from 10th to 9th in NFL history, passing Eli Manning.

With 64 rushing yards, Rodgers will move from 12th to 11th in Packers history, passing Eddie Lacy

With 2 touchdowns scored, Rodgers will move from 28th to 23rd in Packers history, passing Ted Fritsch, Robert Brooks, Carroll Dale, Gerry Ellis and Elijah Pitts.
__________________________________________________ ____________________________

Aaron Jones

With 863 rushing yards, Jones would move from 5th to 3rd in Packers history, passing John Brockington and Tony Canadeo.

With 10 rushing touchdowns, Jones would move from 4th to 3rd in Packers history, passing Paul Hornung

With 10 touchdowns of any kind, Jones would move from 10th to 7th in Packers history, passing Hornung, Donald Driver, and Antonio Freeman
__________________________________________________ __________________________

Randall Cobb

With 448 receiving yards, Cobb would move from 11th to 10th in Packers history, passing Max McGee. With 639 yards, he would move to 9th, passing Greg Jennings.

With 5 touchdown receptions, Cobb would move from 10th to 8th in Packers history, passing Max McGee and James Lofton. With 8 he would move to 7th, passing Greg Jennings.

Mason Crosby

With 108 points scored, Crosby would move from 14th to 11th in NFL history, passing Phil Dawson, Stephen Gostkowski* and Sebastian Janikowski. (He could also pass Robbie Gould, pending what Gould does)

*Gostkowski did not play in 2021, but is not officially retired.

With 17 games played, Crosby would move from 70th to 39th in NFL history, passing, among others, Charles Woodson, Dan Marino, Philip Rivers and Fran Tarkenton.

With 15 games played, Crosby will become the all time Packers leader in games played, passing Brett Favre.

Matt LaFleur

With 14 regular season coaching wins, Matt LaFleur would move from 7th to 6th in Packers history, passing Bart Starr.

Fritz
06-20-2022, 03:43 PM
Christ, as much as I dislike Rodgers the person, how can Eli Manning possibly be ahead of him for number of passing yards? WTF?

Joemailman
06-20-2022, 03:50 PM
Christ, as much as I dislike Rodgers the person, how can Eli Manning possibly be ahead of him for number of passing yards? WTF?

Manning has 27 more starts than Rodgers.

Joemailman
06-20-2022, 04:51 PM
If Adams had stayed in Green Bay, he would have passed Sterling Sharpe in 2022 for 3rd on Packers in receiving yards, and would have had an outside shot at passing James Lofton for 2nd. He would have been on pace to break Donald Driver's team record in 2023. He finishes his Packer career 26 behind Don Hutson's team record for TD receptions.

RashanGary
06-20-2022, 04:54 PM
The Packers dont exactly have a rich history at RB. Jones has only had a couple good seasons and that will put him 3rd all time.

Joemailman
06-20-2022, 05:12 PM
The Packers dont exactly have a rich history at RB. Jones has only had a couple good seasons and that will put him 3rd all time.

Ahman Green is 38th all time in rushing yards. Probably to be expected when you have several hall of famers at QB and WR. And more on the way.

MadtownPacker
06-21-2022, 10:00 AM
If Adams had stayed in Green Bay, he would have passed Sterling Sharpe in 2022 for 3rd on Packers in receiving yards, and would have had an outside shot at passing James Lofton for 2nd. He would have been on pace to break Donald Driver's team record in 2023. He finishes his Packer career 26 behind Don Hutson's team record for TD receptions.
He would have also ended up with "Most home losses in the playoffs" hanging out with #12.

Joemailman
06-21-2022, 10:29 AM
He would have also ended up with "Most home losses in the playoffs" hanging out with #12.

Well, home playoff games is something he won't have to worry about on Mark Davis' team. Haven't had one of those in 20 years.

bobblehead
06-21-2022, 12:06 PM
Well, home playoff games is something he won't have to worry about on Mark Davis' team. Haven't had one of those in 20 years.

Be happy you don't live here. What used to be the best sports talk radio in the nation has turned into the Raiders personal cheerleading squad 24/7 all stations.

ThunderDan
06-21-2022, 01:09 PM
Be happy you don't live here. What used to be the best sports talk radio in the nation has turned into the Raiders personal cheerleading squad 24/7 all stations.

Can't wait to be back in Las Vegas this week for the WSOP.

MadScientist
06-30-2022, 09:39 PM
Team
With two more wins than the Bears, the Packers will have the most wins of any franchise. The Bears have had the lead for all 102 years of the NFL.

Joemailman
07-01-2022, 08:09 AM
Nice! And they play the Bears in Week 2. So a chance they can pass the Bears by beating the Bears.

Upnorth
07-01-2022, 08:17 AM
Team
With two more wins than the Bears, the Packers will have the most wins of any franchise. The Bears have had the lead for all 102 years of the NFL.

This brings me happiness, especially if it happens wk 2 like joe said.

bobblehead
07-01-2022, 10:13 AM
Can't wait to be back in Las Vegas this week for the WSOP.

I'm playing the $250 event today at 2pm Dan.....hope to see you at the final table.

MadScientist
07-01-2022, 10:24 AM
This brings me happiness, especially if it happens wk 2 like joe said.

Definitely the way it should happen, but win the first two games and it's guaranteed to be tied up. Remarkable when you consider the Packers were tied with the Giants 85 games back 30 years ago. Giants are still 77 games back.
The Cardinals (the only other current franchise that joined in 1920) is over 200 games behind.

Joemailman
12-20-2022, 08:54 AM
Aaron Jones passes John Brockington for 3rd all time for Packers in rushing yards.

Joemailman
12-20-2022, 12:13 PM
When Mason Crosby takes the field Sunday he will become the Packers all-time leader in games played.

Anti-Polar Bear
12-20-2022, 01:47 PM
When Mason Crosby takes the field Sunday he will become the Packers all-time leader in games played.

Ain’t as impressive a feat as Bert Favor’s iron man streak. Good QBs face bounties on their heads. Fucking kickers rarely get hit or hit people.

Anti-Polar Bear
12-20-2022, 01:50 PM
Aaron Jones passes John Brockington for 3rd all time for Packers in rushing yards.

Jones also passes Ahman Green for most all time on the fumble list. Jones poops out rocks like Favor throws picks.

Joemailman
12-20-2022, 04:51 PM
Jones also passes Ahman Green for most all time on the fumble list. Jones poops out rocks like Favor throws picks.

Jones has 12 career fumbles. Green had 37. Green did have many more touches. Walter Payton had 86. A lot of great backs have a lot of fumbles because they don't go down easily.

Anti-Polar Bear
12-21-2022, 02:19 AM
Jones has 12 career fumbles. Green had 37. Green did have many more touches. Walter Payton had 86. A lot of great backs have a lot of fumbles because they don't go down easily.

Seems like Jones poops out the rock every game. Even pooped out the rock on his TD catch last game. Jones doesn’t go down easily? Dude wouldn’t be able to break a tackle against the Vince Lombardi Middle School football team.

Just cos degenerate gambler says he doesn’t have a gambling problem, doesn’t mean he doesn’t have gambling problem. Jones has a fumbling problem.

run pMc
12-21-2022, 01:27 PM
I wouldn't say Jones has a fumbling problem. Some of his fumbles have been very poorly timed: against TB in the '20 NFCCG for example.

Randomly picking some RBs:
Nick Chubb has 7 fumbles in 1272 touches
Dalvin Cook has 18 fumbles in 1463 touches
Aaron Jones has 12 fumbles in 1238 touches
Jamaal Williams famously never fumbled with GB, he has 4 fumbles (all with DET) in 1027 touches
Zeke has 22 fumbles in 2142 touches.

So he's not the best nor the worst at fumbles.
In many cases fumbles are just bad luck (helmet perfectly hits the ball or arm and it squirts out) nowadays with the way ball security is drilled into RBs. Not all fumbles are lost, either.

Aaron Rodgers has 7 fumbles this season, do you think he has a fumbling problem?

Anti-Polar Bear
12-21-2022, 02:01 PM
I wouldn't say Jones has a fumbling problem. Some of his fumbles have been very poorly timed: against TB in the '20 NFCCG for example.

Jamaal Williams famously never fumbled with GB, he has 4 fumbles (all with DET) in 1027 touches

In many cases fumbles are just bad luck (helmet perfectly hits the ball or arm and it squirts out) nowadays with the way ball security is drilled into RBs. Not all fumbles are lost, either.

Aaron Rodgers has 7 fumbles this season, do you think he has a fumbling problem?

Maybe I’m being hit with recency bias. Still, Jones’ fumbles are inexcusable. He’s a fucking RB for fuck’s sake! Protect the rock at all cost!

Butte needs to do a better job protecting the rock, too. But at least he’s a QB. QBs are prone to pooping out rocks when they’re hit violently.

Joemailman
12-21-2022, 02:10 PM
Maybe I’m being hit with recency bias. Still, Jones’ fumbles are inexcusable. He’s a fucking RB for fuck’s sake! Protect the rock at all cost!

Butte needs to do a better job protecting the rock, too. But at least he’s a QB. QBs are prone to pooping out rocks when they’re hit violently.

Recency bias. He has 4 fumbles this year, which is the most of his career.

texaspackerbacker
12-21-2022, 04:18 PM

True that part about luck. Slow whistles also can be a factor - like in the Rams game. All things considered, I'll take Aaron Jones over just about any RB around. It would be a crime to trade, cut, or just let him walk as a FA.

run pMc
12-21-2022, 07:38 PM
True that part about luck. Slow whistles also can be a factor - like in the Rams game. All things considered, I'll take Aaron Jones over just about any RB around. It would be a crime to trade, cut, or just let him walk as a FA.

It was a little bit of a slow whistle - I think it was Ramsey that had him stood up and stopped and they probably should have blown the whistle then. I've seen the refs let plays go longer so OL can shove the RBs forward more often; maybe that was the idea. Still, it seemed like progress had stopped and that's a decent cue to blow the whistle.

I can't think of many RBs off the top of my head who are better all around than Jones. McCaffrey has had a renaissance now that he's used appropriately and is healthy. He's up there, along with Alvin Kamara or Dalvin Cook.

Agree it would be a shame to let him go, he's been the engine of the offense this year. Great locker room and community guy as well.
I think they will redo his contract since he has a big cap number next year, but he's 28 so he probably doesn't have a lot of good years left, so they have to watch out for that. 30+ year old RBs who are efficiently productive are rare, and often overpriced.

Freak Out
12-21-2022, 08:11 PM
That was a BS non whistle. He had most the defense trying to rip the ball out after he was stood up. Not a fair fight.

MadtownPacker
12-22-2022, 09:13 AM
Ahman probably got those most of the 37 in a few games. That Monday nighter with the sleeves had to be 3 or 4.

MadtownPacker
12-22-2022, 09:16 AM

Ya you are smoked out. Rodgers didn’t really fumble ever before. Just sacks. Maybe he is trying to not get concussion anymore so not as focused on the ball when going down.