PDA

View Full Version : CFL news and notes

Upnorth
06-22-2022, 03:21 PM
While you yanks pine away for September bringing meaningful football back, here in the land of good beer and maple syrup we are moving into wk 3. And do you know what that means??

Propaganda about your SASKATCHEWAN ROUGHRIDERS! GODS OTHER TEAM.

After destroying hamilton pussycats (lions north) 30-13 then making the elks (Eskimos for traditionalists) wish they were in the wild 26-16 it's time to feast on winless Montreal.

Currently saskatchewan is 2-0 and lead the standings with a plus 27 point differential. The other undefeateds are in the single digits.

Calgary and Winnipeg are also undefeated but they will lose.

We ate going against Montreal who seem lost on the field. It's like a visual representation on texs u derstanding if the oline. Yes its that bad.

Saskatchewan is as hot as fritzes wife and as strong as cumbys bo.
They are better than an apb capitalist rant and more consistent than a mexican renewing his website in Texas.
Grey Cup here we come bitches!!!!

Joemailman
06-22-2022, 04:14 PM
With as usual no Canadian teams in the Stanley Cup Finals, it's good you Moose Humpers have something else to cheer for in the summer.

George Cumby
06-22-2022, 07:36 PM
With as usual no Canadian teams in the Stanley Cup Finals, it's good you Moose Humpers have something else to cheer for in the summer.

Savage.

Joemailman
06-25-2022, 10:05 PM
Watching Toronto vs BC on ESPN2 in what looks like a dome. I was expecting a natural grass field with maple leaves blowing around.

Which raises a question: Why aren't the Toronto Maple Leafs called the Maple Leaves?

MadScientist
06-25-2022, 11:14 PM
Watching Toronto vs BC on ESPN2 in what looks like a dome. I was expecting a natural grass field with maple leaves blowing around.

Which raises a question: Why aren't the Toronto Maple Leafs called the Maple Leaves?

“Your conundrum about the pluralization of the Maple Leafs may be less interesting than you were hoping for,” Chambers wrote. “It follows the simple rule that nouns used as proper nouns take regular (productive) plurals even if their common noun counterparts have irregular plurals.”
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/dc-sports-bog/wp/2017/04/17/the-less-than-thrilling-history-of-why-theyre-not-the-toronto-maple-leaves/

Upnorth
06-28-2022, 05:51 PM
So the riders shit the bed in absolutely epic fashion. The pain of fandom.... Sigh.

Winnipeg Calgary and bc all won putting pressure on you saskatchewan roughriders to defeat montreal this weekend at home.
Tough to do after such a beat down. Gonna tell a lot about this teams heart early in the season.

GOOOOOOOO. RIDERSSSSS

Upnorth
07-12-2022, 05:03 PM
Since my last post we have thumped montreal and Ottawa.

wthigoot
08-30-2022, 03:36 PM
Saw the Saskatchewan win last week against a team using its #3 quarterback. Saskatchewan isn't very good but the Eastern teams are so bad they should get the crossover by staying ahead of Edmonton.

This is the big back-to-back Labor Day series with Winnipeg.

CFL games are going mostly to streaming (ESPN+) here south of the border now that the fall sports are starting up.

Upnorth
08-30-2022, 03:39 PM
Saw the Saskatchewan win last week against a team using its #3 quarterback. Saskatchewan isn't very good but the Eastern teams are so bad they should get the crossover by staying ahead of Edmonton.

This is the big back-to-back Labor Day series with Winnipeg.

CFL games are going mostly to streaming (ESPN+) here south of the border now that the fall sports are starting up.

Wait, some one besides me cares? Nice!!! I was in vancouver getting my oldest settled in North van during the game.

wthigoot
08-30-2022, 04:00 PM
Wait, some one besides me cares? Nice!!! I was in vancouver getting my oldest settled in North van during the game.

Back in the 80s ESPN showed most of the CFL games. Figured if I was going to watch it I had to pick a team. Always thought Saskatchewan was a cool name, not that I have ever been anywhere near the place.

Then I found out they were the Packers of the CFL. Even better.

Upnorth
08-30-2022, 04:31 PM
Back in the 80s ESPN showed most of the CFL games. Figured if I was going to watch it I had to pick a team. Always thought Saskatchewan was a cool name, not that I have ever been anywhere near the place.

Then I found out they were the Packers of the CFL. Even better.

Dude, you are awesome! I think Winnipeg will destroy us. And that hurts....

wthigoot
09-13-2022, 11:34 PM
Two losses to Winnipeg and Saskatchewan is scrambling to get the crossover as the only way to get into the playoffs.

Luckily the eastern teams are reallllly bad.....

Upnorth
09-14-2022, 10:00 AM
Dude this was a safe space where no one would bring up the riders.... On labour day we played ok.
The banjo bowl on the other hand was a nightmare. Between this game and the packers game i have never watched so many missed open wr in a weekend.

wthigoot
06-24-2023, 06:42 PM
North of the border they are starting already, while we wait another month for training camp...

https://www.cfl.ca/

Saskatchewan vs. Calgary 3-3 after first quarter - doesn't sound like the CFL.

https://www.cfl.ca/2023/06/19/power-rankings-the-champs-make-things-interesting/

Joemailman
06-24-2023, 07:41 PM
Reggie Begelton still playing?

Harlan Huckleby
06-29-2023, 10:51 AM
Sorry but Canada is on my shit list this week.

MadScientist
06-29-2023, 02:44 PM
Sorry but Canada is on my shit list this week.

Yeah, I've had more than enough of the shit smoke from all their fires. I'm surprised that some of the CFL games don't look like the Bears-Eagles fog bowl.

Vincenzo
07-21-2023, 07:14 PM
Argos going 5-0!

Upnorth
08-08-2023, 10:36 AM
Riders broke their losing streak, back up to 4 - 4.
Winnipeg unfortunately is the team to beat this year from what I have seen. Best o and one of the best d.
Oh and Toronto finally lost. I think they had a fair amount of luck the 1st 6 games. I feel like they peaked.

Joemailman
08-10-2023, 09:04 PM
Edmonton Elks look like the Packers.

https://smartcdn.gprod.postmedia.digital/edmontonsun/wp-content/uploads/2023/07/BUT_9298.jpg?quality=100&strip=all

Upnorth
08-11-2023, 08:08 AM
Edmonton Elks look like the Packers.

https://smartcdn.gprod.postmedia.digital/edmontonsun/wp-content/uploads/2023/07/BUT_9298.jpg?quality=100&strip=all

But don't be seduced by them. They are one off the evil opponents. They share packers colors and winning traditions but after that they have nothing in common.

The riders have the smallest market yet thd most fans. Go anywhere in this country and there are rider fans. I was wearing my riders hat this summer in Edmonton and one cashier said she shouldn't help me. The other one immediately said well then we lose half our customers followed by a "go riders".
Fuck the elks,

Let's go riders!!!!