PDA

View Full Version : Leroy bulter Reddit q&a

Upnorth
07-13-2022, 04:42 PM
He is doing a q&a on reddit. I asked which coach was most important to him making the hot.
He said for sure Ray rhodes, and then added Sherman.
I totally understand rhodes, but was suprised at sherman until I remembered his flaw was gm side.

Its cool he answered my question.

George Cumby
07-14-2022, 06:36 AM
https://www.reddit.com/r/nfl/comments/vycd12/im_2022_hall_of_fame_class_member_leroy_butler/

Anti-Polar Bear
07-15-2022, 04:40 AM
12-4. 12-4. 10-6. 10-6. Ain’t ever missed the playoffs as GM. Name one other GM who ain’t ever missed the playoffs with a minimum of 4 seasons.

Sherman the coach punted when a fucking yard with a red hot A-Green woulda iced the game. Sherman the GM traded for Pack great Al Harris.. Did I mention that Sherman ain’t ever missed the playoffs as GM?

Suffice it to say (again and again and again), Sherman was a better GM than coach. I don’t think Sherman even lasted a whole season coaching the Ottawa Redblacks, the CFL team with an even more racist name than “Redskins.”

George Cumby
07-15-2022, 07:44 AM
*Yawn*

Sparkey
07-15-2022, 09:26 AM
https://www.acmepackingcompany.com/2011/4/13/2108600/top-10-draft-busts-since-1980-mike-shermans-2004-draft

Great gm indeed!

Anti-Polar Bear
07-15-2022, 12:59 PM
https://www.acmepackingcompany.com/2011/4/13/2108600/top-10-draft-busts-since-1980-mike-shermans-2004-draft

Great gm indeed!

Indeed.

What’s the saying? Any draft that produces 2 starters is a good draft. That infamous 2004 draft, which you linked above, gave the Pack Scott Wells and Corey Williams. Wells spent 7 years with the Packers. Williams, a 6th rounder, was good enough to land Thompson a 2nd (which the Polar Bear wasted on the great Brian Brohm).

Don’t forget how much Thompson loved Demarcus Ware. Packers were 2-6. A top 10 pick was on the horizon. Then Sherman made the playoffs. Thompson tried to move up from the 24th spot to draft Ware, with no avail.

With Sherman’s 24th overall pick - a slot that was possible b/c Sherman made the playoffs - Thompson reluctantly picked some cocky QB from Butte Community College. The rest is motherfucking history.

bobblehead
07-16-2022, 08:40 AM
12-4. 12-4. 10-6. 10-6. Ain’t ever missed the playoffs as GM. Name one other GM who ain’t ever missed the playoffs with a minimum of 4 seasons.

Sherman the coach punted when a fucking yard with a red hot A-Green woulda iced the game. Sherman the GM traded for Pack great Al Harris.. Did I mention that Sherman ain’t ever missed the playoffs as GM?

Suffice it to say (again and again and again), Sherman was a better GM than coach. I don’t think Sherman even lasted a whole season coaching the Ottawa Redblacks, the CFL team with an even more racist name than “Redskins.”

He traded up for a punter. Just like sucking just one cock makes you gay and cements your legacy as a fag, trading up for a punter one time makes you a bad GM and cements your legacy as such....and I don't care how much you needed the money...or the punter.

Anti-Polar Bear
07-16-2022, 10:32 AM
He traded up for a punter. Just like sucking just one cock makes you gay and cements your legacy as a fag, trading up for a punter one time makes you a bad GM and cements your legacy as such....and I don't care how much you needed the money...or the punter.

John Holmes was straight as an arrow, and he did flicks with roosters. Ain’t mean he’s queer.

run pMc
07-16-2022, 02:25 PM
Sherman was an ok coach, but a bad GM.
I just Googled him and realized that after a stint as the OC with the Dolphins he coached high school football and just recently was let go by the Montreal Alouettes. Don't think he had a winning record as HC after his 2010 season at A&M.

re: Sherman as a GM -- BJ Sanders. What sane person trades up to take a punter in R3?

That aside, Leroy Butler was a very good safety. He deserved to be in the HOF, especially if John Lynch made it. Butler was smart and a playmaker who helped change the ways teams used safeties. First player to have 20 picks and 20 sacks, and invented the Leap (unless you ask Robert Brooks).

Freak Out
07-17-2022, 09:48 PM
Grabby had to have his hands clubbed so he wouldn't grab anyone. That's all the guy had. Joke of a draft.

Fritz
07-22-2022, 01:51 PM
Yes, that draft reminded me of Ted's abysmal Damarius Randall-Quinton Rollins one-two punch in 2015. Had to be Ted's worst draft. Very similar, because Sherman followed up in 2004 after Ahmad Carroll with Joey Thomas - another pooped-the-bed pair of defensive backs. Ron Wolf did the same thing in 1999, except he was even more stubborn and went back to the well in the third round after Antuan Edwards and Fred Vinson, and got Mike Mckenzie, who was good for a few years. Then Wolf traded Fred Vinson to Seattle for some fumble-prone running back named Ahmad Green.

Upnorth
07-23-2022, 08:10 AM
Fred vinson was one of my favorite players. But only because green was my favorite packer from that era, even more than Favre for a bit!

Joemailman
07-24-2022, 09:31 PM
Leroy got his jacket.
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FYeglz6XEAA6-rp?format=jpg&name=small

Upnorth
07-25-2022, 08:05 AM
Joe that pick is beautiful. Thanks for sharing!

bobblehead
07-25-2022, 09:07 AM
John Holmes was straight as an arrow, and he did flicks with roosters. Ain’t mean he’s queer.

cock in your mouth voluntarily=gay (or female)

Trading up in round 3 for a punter=shitty GM

George Cumby
07-25-2022, 10:47 AM
cock in your mouth voluntarily=gay (or female)

Trading up in round 3 for a punter=shitty GM

What are the ramifications of the punter having the name "BJ"?

Asking for a friend.