PDA

View Full Version : Ten Most Important Packer Players

Joemailman
07-16-2022, 04:59 PM
List your ten most important Packers. These would be the players that will most determine overall team success or the players it would be most devastating to lose to injury.

1. Aaron Rodgers
2. Rashan Gary
3. Kenny Clark
4. David Bakhtiari
5. Elgton Jenkins
6. DeVondre Campbell
7. A.J.Dillon
8. Aaron Jones
9. Jaire Alexander
10. Preston Smith

Anti-Polar Bear
07-16-2022, 06:16 PM
List your ten most important Packers. These would be the players that will most determine overall team success or the players it would be most devastating to lose to injury.

1. Aaron Rodgers
2. Rashan Gary
3. Kenny Clark
4. David Bakhtiari
5. Elgton Jenkins
6. DeVondre Campbell
7. A.J.Dillon
8. Aaron Jones
9. Jaire Alexander
10. Preston Smith

Cletidus at 3? I wouldn’t call a Yokozuna whose production is no better than Dean Lowry’s an important players. Trust me, Packers will not miss Clark’s 4 sacks and impotency against the run. Trade Clark for DK Metcalf.

1. Butte
2. J-Alex
3. Gary Lightbody
4. Campbell
5. P-Smith
6. A-Jones
7. Amos
8. Iranian Stallion
9. Stokes
10. Tonyan

texaspackerbacker
07-16-2022, 06:19 PM
Is this straight out of your head? Or somebody else's choices?

I'd put it like this:

1. Rodgers - obviously
2. about a 6 way tie - but my choices in order by a close margin:
2. Jaire
3. Stokes
4. Jones
5. Clark
6. Gary
7. Campbell
8. a drop off before 8-10
8. Wyatt
9. P. Smith
10. Watson

Next Five:
11. Amos
12. Douglas
13. Walker
14. Dillon
15. Lazard

Next Five:
16. Myers
17. Jenkins
18. Tonyan
19. Watkins
20. Bakhtiari

Anti-Polar Bear
07-16-2022, 06:34 PM
Et tu, Tex? I don’t get the hard ons for Clark. $18M a year for 4 sacks and subpar kung fu against the run is the definition of overpaid. Corey Williams, Johnny Jolly and Cletidus Hunt were more productive than Clark.

texaspackerbacker
07-16-2022, 06:50 PM
I don't agree with you on dissing Clark, APB. What I think of O Lineman "yokozumas", though, is well known. Clark is damn good, and the way the D is designed has a lot to do with his stats. Edge Rushers and inside blitzers get most of the sacks, but without Clark, they are definitely less effective. I'm hoping with Wyatt playing beside him now, the overall D is a lot more effective. Great Corners, though, make the most difference.

RashanGary
07-16-2022, 07:45 PM
After quarterback, DT is the next most impactful position on the field. The most important run defender and if you have a good one, the most impactful pass rusher (up the middle) on the field. Great DTs are the hardest to find, but the biggest impact if you find one.

Clark is a big deal.

Anti-Polar Bear
07-17-2022, 04:45 AM
After quarterback, DT is the next most impactful position on the field. The most important run defender and if you have a good one, the most impactful pass rusher (up the middle) on the field. Great DTs are the hardest to find, but the biggest impact if you find one.

Clark is a big deal.

I’d argue that, defensively, CB and OLB are more important than DT.

Clark is neither impactful vs the pass nor the run. Gets a sack once in a blue moon. There was a time not so long ago when the 69ers pounded the rock up and down Clark’s phat rear end all fucking day. If Clark was making $7.25/hr like myself, I’d be cool about him. For $18M/yr, we expect a dominator. Clark’s a milksop.

bobblehead
07-17-2022, 09:50 AM
My list will definitely reflect depth since I won't put Jones/Dillon or Bak/Jenkins higher on the list. We have to lose BOTH of those combos by playoff time to be devastated. If one of each combo is available we can still win.

1) Rodgers -Losing Rodgers would be an unmitigated disastor
2) Gary
3) Preston -OLB is so weak after these 2. We need someone to step up
4) Campbell -High Hopes Walker can step up, but I can't 100% count on any rookie
5) Amos -Almost want Savage in top 10 also since depth resembles OLB...but a lesss important position
6) Bak
7) Jenkins -Need one of these guys to play LT or suffer significant drop off. Really want both starting by playoffs
8) Jaire -The island that can change what you are allowed to do on defense...similar to the way Campbell changed things in 2021
9) Clark -Just a stud. Deep position now so may be able to fade his loss
10) Watson/Lazard/Watkins -with no stud anymore losing any of these 3 has a trickle down effect.

Upnorth
07-17-2022, 06:35 PM
1)12
2)Gary (pressure makes secondary better)
3)Campbell (even if quay is a stud next up is barnes)
4) Jenkins (bak was already gobe a year. )
5)dillion. (When he went down vrs 49ers we got nothing more as jones can't be fulltime)
6)Meyers (without an oline we ate screwed)
7)Amos
8)p smith
9)jaire
10)Jones (I really think we ate going to be run focused)

SudsMcBucky
07-18-2022, 12:49 PM
1. A-Aron
2. Jaire
3. Stokes
4. Gary
5. Clark
6. Jenkins
7. Jones
8. Dillon
9. Watkins
10. Tonyan

QBME
07-18-2022, 08:15 PM
As many of you know I’m just a fan, don’t know from x’s or o’s.
An interesting thread. Some years back I read a real interesting article, dissertation or whatever, on how to build a sports team; be it football, baseball, hockey or whatever.

The basic point is the best teams are built from the middle out. For example a baseball team starts with the catcher, shortstop/second base man and center fielder, combined with a pitching staff. Hockey starts with a goalie, middle defensemen and middle offense.

As I read the 10 Most Important replies I kinda chuckled, as most aligned with the “middle - out” hypothesis.

HarveyWallbangers
07-19-2022, 12:49 PM
Rodgers
Gary
Clark
Smith
Jaire
Campbell
Amos
Stokes
Jenkins/Bakh
Jones/Dillon

call_me_ishmael
07-21-2022, 10:48 AM
Is the guard on track to play in camp post ACL?

Joemailman
07-21-2022, 10:50 AM
Is the guard on track to play in camp post ACL?

Haven't heard anything on Jenkins. Beat writers seem to think not.

Fritz
07-22-2022, 01:46 PM
There's a case to be made for everyone listed. Not much I can add to this, except the obvious: it depends on the context. If the Packers are in the NFCCG and both starting ILB's get hurt, then Khrys Barnes becomes an all-important Packer. And so on.

But yes, I agree with the lists produced.

bobblehead
07-23-2022, 09:59 AM
There's a case to be made for everyone listed. Not much I can add to this, except the obvious: it depends on the context. If the Packers are in the NFCCG and both starting ILB's get hurt, then Khrys Barnes becomes an all-important Packer. And so on.

But yes, I agree with the lists produced.

I tried to factor in where we could least afford to lose a guy due to depth. Gary becomes the no brainer #2 on the list that way. If Jenkins returns and Bak can never play again it stings less.

Fritz
07-23-2022, 03:40 PM
I tried to factor in where we could least afford to lose a guy due to depth. Gary becomes the no brainer #2 on the list that way. If Jenkins returns and Bak can never play again it stings less.

That makes sense. Your list is a good one, and your reasoning is solid.

bobblehead
07-25-2022, 09:17 AM
That makes sense. Your list is a good one, and your reasoning is solid.

And sadly my comment on Bak is scaring the shit out of me.

Upnorth
07-26-2022, 05:05 PM
1. A-Aron
2. Jaire
3. Stokes
4. Gary
5. Clark
6. Jenkins
7. Jones
8. Dillon
9. Watkins
10. Tonyan

So it appears watkins is already injured....

Arctic Fox
07-26-2022, 05:23 PM
Rodgers
Jones
Alexander
Clark
Gary
Dillon
Bahktiari
Jenkins
Amos
Crosby
Willie wood
Herb aderly

Joemailman
07-26-2022, 05:25 PM
So it appears watkins is already injured....

I had heard rumors of this last week. Playing basketball I believe.

Bretsky
07-26-2022, 11:56 PM

F'ckin Pansy Ass Bison can't even stay healthy playing basketball :)))

Fritz
07-26-2022, 11:58 PM

Sheesh.

RashanGary
07-27-2022, 08:34 AM
F'ckin Pansy Ass Bison can't even stay healthy playing basketball :)))

I think its Watkins not Watson. But the Fargo fraud isnt healthy either