View Full Version : Official 2022 Training Camp Thread

Pages : [1] 2

Joemailman
07-22-2022, 08:28 AM
July 22: Rookies Report
July 26: Veterans report, Shareholders Meeting
July 27: First Practice
August 5: Family Night

First thing practice watchers will be looking for is to see which of the ACL Boys will be practicing. Bakhtiari, Tonyan, Kylin Hill and Elgton Jenkins all expected back at some point. Tonyan and Hill were both injured October 28. Jenkins was injured November 21.

Best Training Camp battles:

Left Tackle (If Bakhtiari and Jenkins are out)
Right Tackle
Right Guard
Wide Receiver
#3 Running back
#3 Edge rusher
#3 Safety

If you're going tp practice and want to see hitting, keep in mind that the first 5 practices have to be without pads.

Fritz
07-22-2022, 01:39 PM
July 22: Rookies Report
July 26: Veterans report, Shareholders Meeting
July 27: First Practice
August 5: Family Night

First thing practice watchers will be looking for is to see which of the ACL Boys will be practicing. Bakhtiari, Tonyan, Kylin Hill and Elgton Jenkins all expected back at some point. Tonyan and Hill were both injured October 28. Jenkins was injured November 21.

Best Training Camp battles:

Left Tackle (If Bakhtiari and Jenkins are out)
Right Tackle
Right Guard
Wide Receiver
#3 Running back
#3 Edge rusher
#3 Safety

If you're going tp practice and want to see hitting, keep in mind that the first 5 practices have to be without pads.

Seems like Bakhtiari has been injured since forever ago. What was it, 2020? November? Man, if he's not back at the beginning of camp, you really have to wonder if he'll ever play again.

Joemailman
07-22-2022, 03:44 PM
Seems like Bakhtiari has been injured since forever ago. What was it, 2020? November? Man, if he's not back at the beginning of camp, you really have to wonder if he'll ever play again.

New Years Eve 2020. I agree. I think we're past the point of the knee needing more time to heal and strengthen. Either he can go or he can't.

Joemailman
07-22-2022, 04:27 PM
Rob Demovsky
@RobDemovsky

Packers full PUP list from today’s transactions:

Christian Watson
Robert Tonyan
Elgton Jenkins
Mason Crosby
Dean Lowry
Kylin Hill
Hauati Pututau
Randy Ramsey
Patrick Taylor

SudsMcBucky
07-22-2022, 05:14 PM
Wonder what's up with Watson.

Joemailman
07-22-2022, 05:19 PM

No idea. Rookies reported today, so there must have been something that prevented him from passing physical exam.

Upnorth
07-23-2022, 08:13 AM
Just to get it out of the way early

WATSON IS ON PUP NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

WHY DID GUTE DRAFT HIM? NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

BLAH BLURG BABBLE BABBLE GLOOP! NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

I feel better already.

Bretsky
07-23-2022, 09:01 AM

Those NDSU guys are weak.....lol

Teamcheez1
07-23-2022, 09:02 AM
I don’t think all of the veterans have reported yet, so the list is certain to get longer.

Joemailman
07-23-2022, 09:27 AM
Those NDSU guys are weak.....lol

I think you should start calling him The Fraud.

bobblehead
07-23-2022, 09:57 AM

I feel better already.

We packaged a pick and traded up no less. OMG!! Why didn't Gutes use that pick on a QB!! (gotta go full circle on the anti logic of a fan)

Joemailman
07-23-2022, 06:18 PM
Bakhtiari added to PUP list.

RashanGary
07-23-2022, 06:56 PM

Thats bad news. He could be done for.

Upnorth
07-23-2022, 07:06 PM

That honestly is not good....

Sigh

Teamcheez1
07-23-2022, 09:22 PM
The Packers started preparing for this in the last 2 drafts with all the OL they chose. How much money has Bakh now cost us over the last 19 months?

Joemailman
07-23-2022, 09:59 PM
His cap hit in 2021 was 11 million. If the Packers end up releasing him this year, he will have a cap hit of 11.5 million each of the next 3 years. If he plays or is put on IR, his cap hit will be 13 million this year.

texaspackerbacker
07-24-2022, 12:47 AM
I'm a whole helluva lot more concerned with WHY Watson is listed that way - hopefully it's nothing of significance - than I am about overrated Bakhtiari and the not nearly as significant position he plays. If he comes back - as I tend to think he will, and if he plays up to the quality ya'll who hype him so much expect, great. I'm all for it. If not, we won 13 or 14 games last season without him, and we have an overall better team this season, and we could get along without him just fine this year. Watson not so much. The kid is gonna be super, sooner rather than later - barring some bad luck of injury.

run pMc
07-24-2022, 11:32 AM

I feel better already.

what a bust lol

run pMc
07-24-2022, 11:46 AM
The Packers started preparing for this in the last 2 drafts with all the OL they chose. How much money has Bakh now cost us over the last 19 months?

Yes and no. They generally take players who are athletic enough to play T on the college level and move them to G and if they can show they are versatile enough to play T in the pros even better.
This year's crop seems more promising than the previous two; I think Ryhan and Tom could probably get them out of a game at T and Walker is a project who needs a year or two. Rhyan looks like a G but he played a lot of games at LT for UCLA so who knows. Zach Tom seems like the new Lucas Patrick, with upside to be another Elgton Jenkins. Interior of the line should be good, it's those tackles we'll be watching. I don't think Jenkins won't be back until October.

Bahk is on his 3rd contract so he's no spring chicken in football years, with the knee still giving him problems 19 months out you have to wonder if he'll be back and if so how well he's going to play. I think he'll give it a go this year but after that it's anyone's guess.

CaptainD
07-24-2022, 12:45 PM
Not sure if this was posted here somewhere or not but it's from an interview Bak did over at CHTV:

So you’re on PUP and working to get back. They take you off of PUP on Nov. 10th, you’re listed as a Limited participant in that first practice of Seahawks week. How are you feeling?

I’m roughly eight, nine months in at this point. My right leg is definitely a bit stronger than my left leg, but I’ve never been through this before, so I just figured this is my new normal for now. But I didn’t like at all how I felt.

I was sitting at about 30 to 35 ccs (cubic centimeters) of fluid in my knee. This is where I’m going to educate you guys, for bigger guys you’re going to carry more fluid in your knee. Bryan (Bulaga) was in the 20-30 range, I was a bit higher.

The only way I can describe it, it was like I had a water balloon in my knee. When you bend it, it shoots out everywhere, and the problem with that is it basically shuts off. Fluid gets into places. It’s just uncomfortable.

So I’m practicing, I’m trying to be very positive about what’s going on but I’m thinking ‘Something’s definitely going on with my knee.’ I’m doing stretch and I can barely fucking bend it. I’m trying not to admit that it’s probably a little more swollen than yesterday but I’m like ‘Yeah, no big deal.’ I’m practicing and I can barely move around. Next thing you know I say ‘Nope, I’m done. I can’t do this.’

We ended up draining it. I’d been draining it for a while. I know it’s not the best thing, repeatedly going into your knee. To be clear, it was my choice, because I just wanted to play. But I must have done it around 15 times throughout the season.

We drained it that week, I had 96 ccs of fluid in my knee. To give you an idea, that’s a little bit less than four ounces of fluid in my knee. So there’s obviously an issue.

We scan it, and ended up finding that I ripped up some cartilage in a new spot.

Freak Out
07-24-2022, 01:41 PM
The Fargo Fraud?

Teamcheez1
07-24-2022, 03:29 PM
The exhibition soccer match sold out Lambeau yesterday. Several Packers were in attendance including AR who did a jersey swap.

Anti-Polar Bear
07-25-2022, 12:05 AM
The exhibition soccer match sold out Lambeau yesterday. Several Packers were in attendance including AR who did a jersey swap.

Apparently, Dillion was profiled by our very own Prof. Rand’s Five-0 cousin:

https://www.packersnews.com/story/sports/nfl/packers/2022/07/24/packers-aj-dillon-lambeau-leap-interrupted-police-officer-during-man-city-bayern-munich-soccer/10139591002/

bobblehead
07-25-2022, 09:13 AM
His cap hit in 2021 was 11 million. If the Packers end up releasing him this year, he will have a cap hit of 11.5 million each of the next 3 years. If he plays or is put on IR, his cap hit will be 13 million this year.

Didn't they gaurantee his salary which made it signing bonus for cap purposes? And they won't release him this year. I don't see how the impact could be that minimal to be honest.

Joemailman
07-25-2022, 02:57 PM
Didn't they gaurantee his salary which made it signing bonus for cap purposes? And they won't release him this year. I don't see how the impact could be that minimal to be honest.

His base salary for 2022 is only 1.1 million. I think they converted a roster bonus to signing bonus. It's all become a bit confusing. I'm no Russ Ball.

Joemailman
07-25-2022, 03:01 PM
Was at the Shareholders Meeting. Biggest cheer was for the hiring of Rich Bisaccia.

Teamcheez1
07-25-2022, 03:56 PM
His base salary for 2022 is only 1.1 million. I think they converted a roster bonus to signing bonus. It's all become a bit confusing. I'm no Russ Ball.

This year is already a sunk cost (regardless of his supposed cap number) for whatever happens with Bakh. Sportrac shows his cap hits as $29M for 2023 and $32M for 2024. Unless he produces at a high level this year, it will be a very short conversation about his future in Green Bay.

Joemailman
07-25-2022, 10:30 PM
Packers will sign another USFL player, WR Osirus Mitchell. Big (6-5, 210), not fast, at least according to his 40 time. Someone will need to be released.

Joemailman
07-26-2022, 04:47 PM
Will there be a great wailing and gnashing of teeth?

Julio Jones is headed to Tampa Bay to join Tom Brady and the Buccaneers, but the Green Bay Packers were one of the teams interested in the veteran wide receiver, according to Adam Schefter of ESPN.

Upnorth
07-26-2022, 05:04 PM

Is watins on pup/ non football injury list? I read it...on a bullshit site that will remain nameless. One step below schefter

Joemailman
07-26-2022, 06:00 PM
Is watins on pup/ non football injury list? I read it...on a bullshit site that will remain nameless. One step below schefter

Sounds like it's true. I had heard a rumor about this last week already. We'll know tomorrow.

Teamcheez1
07-26-2022, 06:59 PM
I love how Rob Demovsky adds standard verbiage to his injury tweets that “the expectation is that he will return sooner rather than later.” I guess this covers him for all injuries through 2023. Must be a contract requirement when speaking about Packer injuries…..

Joemailman
07-26-2022, 07:04 PM
Amari Rodgers says he's down to 202 pounds. That's 10 pounds lighter than his college weight, and 15 pounds lighter than what he played at last year. I'll be excited to see what a lighter, quicker Rodgers can do. Packers need him to turn into a Randall Cobb II.

Joemailman
07-26-2022, 08:32 PM
I love how Rob Demovsky adds standard verbiage to his injury tweets that “the expectation is that he will return sooner rather than later.” I guess this covers him for all injuries through 2023. Must be a contract requirement when speaking about Packer injuries…..

I noticed that too. He did it with Watson and Watkins. Should be an interesting PC tomorrow since Lafleur hates talking about injuries.

Bretsky
07-26-2022, 11:53 PM

DANGET I was just going to credit a Thread Tease about Breaking news Julio Jones signs and then you bury it in here :)

Anyways, not sure if this is a big deal or not. On the one had, he's probably better than any WR on our roster and it sucks ass he's going to Tampa Bay and according to Adam knows all Schefty TB pursued him harder than GB (perhaps that means offered him more money)

ON THE OTHER HAND

Julio is pretty known for not wanting to practice much during the week and rest his body; anybody coming in needs to put in the time and work with Karen so they become a koombayaa one and I'm not sure that is Julio

Plus we already have an old WR who is probably best served as a asst coach and a dinner buddy for Karen than a rostered player. If Jones disappoints and gets hurt we'd have two ole bothed up roster spots

AND

We really need to figure out who is going to support RDubbs and my Favorite Watson going forward. Not sure how many vets we want in here right now as they'll bump the young developmental WR's that we need to grow.

So mixed feelings

In reality I guess he's another WR who chose to play elsewhere over Green Bay

call_me_ishmael
07-26-2022, 11:57 PM
I just don't see any world where Julio doesn't greatly surpass the production of the dude the Packers signed this off-season who's name escapes me. Like... dude has been a bust everywhere he has been. I still like the pick since he's young and the talent is there, but man, Julio is a proven entity. Gimme that guy teaming with ARod any day.

Fritz
07-27-2022, 12:13 AM
I don't know, Ish. I think sometimes we imagine these big-name guys as they were in their primes and not as they are now. He'll probably make some catches in TB, he'll show up big occasionally, but I don't think he can get open like he used to, and I'm not sure he'd do much here that Watkins can't do, including getting hurt at some point. I think we tend to get worked up over all this - look at OBJ. Guy took a lot of time to acclimate in LA, had a few good games, and got hurt, tried to come back, got hurt again.

texaspackerbacker
07-27-2022, 03:18 AM
Gutekunst was wise to pass on Julio Jones. Tampa was unwise to sign him unless it was dirt cheap - which I doubt. He will be a big nothing this season. It woulda been a shame to cut one of the players we have to make a spot for Julio.

bobblehead
07-27-2022, 10:23 AM
I just don't see any world where Julio doesn't greatly surpass the production of the dude the Packers signed this off-season who's name escapes me. Like... dude has been a bust everywhere he has been. I still like the pick since he's young and the talent is there, but man, Julio is a proven entity. Gimme that guy teaming with ARod any day.

I'll give you the simple answer:

Julio Jones-33 y.o.
Sammy Watkins-29 y.o.

That and I have no idea what Julio got paid. My guess is both are healthy for about 8 games with similar production on the field.

texaspackerbacker
07-27-2022, 11:24 AM
Gutekunst just said in the PC very short term for Watkins, and Watson had some kind of procedure that could have waited, but they decided to do it now - no word on what part of the body.

Joemailman
07-27-2022, 11:38 AM
Matt Schneidman
Took about five seconds into camp for Jaire Alexander to get fired up. Just had a pretty PBU of an Aaron Rodgers out to Allen Lazard and let everyone know.

Ryan Wood
#Packers had Kenny Clark at 3-tech with Dean Lowry not practicing during offseason. Lowry is back, and Clark has slid back inside with Jarran Reed at 3 and Lowry at 5.

Ryan Wood
#Packers second offensive line: Zach Tom, Michal Menet, Jake Hanson, Sean Rhyan, Cole Van Lanen.

Andy Herman
Ok Tyler Goodson. Hell of a cut and some juice!!! Nice job by Tom & Menet blocking.

Andy Herman
Slaton with a nice quick pressure inside. Rodgers to Lazard with Stokes in coverage. Lazard looks fit! Zach Tom at LT with the 2’s.

Rob Demovsky
The Packers’ Day 1-Snap 1 offensive line: LT: Yosh Nijman LG: Jon Runyan �� Josh Myers RG: Jake Hanson RT: Royce Newman

Andy Herman
Starting defense: Reed - Slaton - Clark Campbell - Quay Jaire - Stokes Amos - Savage

Matt Schneidman
Players I don’t see practicing on Day 1 of camp: Mason Crosby Christian Watson Sammy Watkins Keisean Nixon Kylin Hill Jonathan Garvin Randy Ramsey Rasheed Walker David Bakhtiari Elgton Jenkins Robert Tonyan Malik Taylor Akial Byers

SudsMcBucky
07-27-2022, 11:48 AM
I'll give you the simple answer:

Julio Jones-33 y.o.
Sammy Watkins-29 y.o.

That and I have no idea what Julio got paid. My guess is both are healthy for about 8 games with similar production on the field.

$6 million plus bonuses/incentives.

Joemailman
07-27-2022, 11:58 AM
Sounds like WR's having a pretty good day. Lazard, Doubs and Winfree all with big catches.

Sparkey
07-27-2022, 01:05 PM
Green Bay Packers rookie wide receiver Christian Watson's (undisclosed) injury isn't considered serious and he's expected to "miss a little bit of time" in training camp, according to general manager Brian Gutekunst. Watson was placed on the Physically Unable to Perform list on Tuesday after having an undisclosed procedure in the offseason.

Joemailman
07-27-2022, 01:52 PM
Rob Demovsky
Packers K Mason Crosby said he had his right knee scoped two weeks ago. He’s never missed a preseason game before and said “having a couple of those off isn’t going to hurt.”

Ryan Wood
Asked Aaron Rodgers if it was good having Allen Lazard back after missing all offseason: “Yeah, I mean, it’s always tough going from Hall of Famer to Hall of Famer.”

He’s apparently on board the comparison train.

Ryan Wood
David Bakhtiari said the third procedure on his knee came shortly before OTAs, forcing him to miss this offseason.

Joemailman
07-28-2022, 11:45 AM
Ryan Wood
Christian Watson’s injury that landed him on PUP was a knee. Brian Gutekunst said yesterday Watson had a procedure before camp instead of playing through the injury. It’s unclear how long he will remain on PUP.

Ryan Wood
#Packers full injury report: Mason Crosby knee Christian Watson knee Sammy Watkins hamstring Keisean Nixon groin Kylin Hill ACL Randy Ramsey ankle Rasheed Walker foot Elgton Jenkins ACL Robert Tonyan ACL Malik Taylor shoulder Akial Byers groin

Andy Herman
Starting oline is new today: Zach Tom with the start at LT!!! Tom - JRJ - Myers - Newman - Yosh

Andy Herman
Rodgers to Lazard over the middle, slightly behind but a really nice adjustment on the catch. Lazard keeps his momentum going.

Andy Herman
Beautiful rep by Devonte Wyatt. Took on the double team from Tom & TE, set the edge, got in the backfield and made the stop. Really nice play.

Rob Demovsky
The No. 2 O-line is the same as yesterday: LT: Tom LG: Michael Menet �� Jake Hanson RG: Sean Rhyan RT: Cole Van Lanen

Andy Herman
Beautiful play by Ento. Came over the top of Toure - legally - and almost came up with the pick off Etling. Really nice pbu.

Andy Herman
Nice read by Lowry on a tight end screen to Deguara. Big time collision between Doubs & Savage on a slant and guess who held on. Doubs with an impressive concentration catch. I think both players are ok. That was a big collision - both went for the ball.

Andy Herman
Rashan Gary offsides - free play - Rodgers takes the free play and throws one well behind Doubs, would have been insanely difficult catch, prob wouldn’t call it a drop, tips off his hands and Amos picks it off with a nice return but offsides negates the turnover.

Andy Herman
False start by Tyler Davis, goes uncalled and he makes the catch on a nice comeback route. Great pbu by Shawn Davis - intended for Mack from Love. Was in the end zone. Defense celebrates.

Andy Herman
Really nice pass pro from CVL against Enagbare - gave Love lots of time.
Nice drag route from Rodgers to Winfree for a nice pickup - nice pass pro from Yosh against Gary.
Gary would be sack on Rodgers against Yosh.

Aaron Nagler
Doubs vs Stokes is growing into must see tv. Really fun battle in team stuff.

Andy Herman
Tyler Goodson is so smooth catching the ball. Just had a nice catch in the flat and then brought it up field - he may have been able to get in the end zone, would have been close.

Joemailman
07-28-2022, 12:29 PM
Romeo Doubs with another great today today. He is the talk of camp so far.

bobblehead
07-28-2022, 12:50 PM
2 things I took from all that. My man Zack Tom playing exclusively LT so far. That surprises me. All the talk about playing all 5 spots. Plus I just think he needs a year to gain the size and power to play tackle.

Yosh vs. Gary. I want a lot of that. Steel sharpens steel. Make them work. Gary is top 6-7 OLB at this point. Yosh needs to feel like gameday is a break.

Joemailman
07-28-2022, 03:53 PM
2 things I took from all that. My man Zack Tom playing exclusively LT so far. That surprises me. All the talk about playing all 5 spots. Plus I just think he needs a year to gain the size and power to play tackle.

Yosh vs. Gary. I want a lot of that. Steel sharpens steel. Make them work. Gary is top 6-7 OLB at this point. Yosh needs to feel like gameday is a break.

MLF has said he doesn't like to throw too much at rookies too soon as far as playing different positions. I'll bet he'll have him at another position before too long though. Newman as a rookie started out at RT last year before he became the starting RG.

RashanGary
07-28-2022, 06:29 PM
Romeo Doubs the early talk of camp. I guess hes making wow plays in back to back days.

Joemailman
07-28-2022, 08:50 PM
I don't think a Packer rookie WR has looked this good since Greg Jennings in 2006.

texaspackerbacker
07-28-2022, 10:23 PM
I shouldn't have criticized the Doubs pick when it was made. Ever since then, I've been coming around to the idea he is damn good. I still say Watson is infinitely better, though, and will be the clear best when he gets back. Lazard apparently has upped his game too. This offense in general and the passing game in particular is gonna be excellent again this year. And the D is gonna be noticeably better.

Bretsky
07-28-2022, 11:13 PM
I liked Dubbs all along and I loved the value we go there. I've said this before but it would not surprise me if Dubbs is our best rookie WR. I hope they are both great and I think Watson will be better long term. But who knows.

Fritz
07-29-2022, 01:20 AM
[QUOTE=Joemailman;1117651]Ryan Wood
Christian Watson

Fritz
07-29-2022, 01:21 AM
I always feel badly for the guys who are outside looking in, UDFA's or guys who are just on the fringe trying to make it, and then they get hurt. They got no chance. Draft picks are an investment, so they get some slack, but some poor unknown trying to catch on just can't do it if he misses time at all.

Joemailman
07-29-2022, 06:54 AM
I compared Doubs' start to Jennings in 2006. But when I read scouting reports on him, I think the better comparison is to James Jones. Doubs is bigger than Jennings, but may not be the smooth route runner that Jennings was. He might be a little faster than Jones was though.

RashanGary
07-29-2022, 08:52 AM
A faster James Jones is a decent comp.

I like Doubs chances. He won on a variety of routes in college. Showed the ability to create separation with the whole route tree. Made contested catches. Got open. And just enough deep speed.

It’s a big jump from Nevada to the NFL. And he’s a rookie. But he’s got a chance.

RashanGary
07-29-2022, 09:00 AM
Winfree has a chance this year. Winfree was a highly recruited college player who had some hiccups in college and some bad injury luck so far in the NFL. But he’s a high upside guy who’s had a little bit of time working in the NFL to polish his craft and a little time in lafleurs offense to get his bearings. I think he’s a dark horse to snag a spot and actually get playing time. Rodgers likes him. There was a puff piece about his upside and the obstacles he’s had to overcome by Tyler Dunne.

I like Doubs and Winfrees chances.

George Cumby
07-29-2022, 01:16 PM
I compared Doubs' start to Jennings in 2006. But when I read scouting reports on him, I think the better comparison is to James Jones. Doubs is bigger than Jennings, but may not be the smooth route runner that Jennings was. He might be a little faster than Jones was though.

A faster James Jones would be awesome. A WR capable of bullying DB's is great fun.

George Cumby
07-29-2022, 01:19 PM
Joe, thanks for compiling these daily reports.

Joemailman
07-29-2022, 01:25 PM
Good News: Sammy Watkins is back today.

Better News: He had a hamstring so he's already Packer People.

CaptainKickass
07-29-2022, 02:25 PM
On Thursday, after playing left tackle with the second-team group to open camp on Wednesday, Tom lined up at left tackle with the No. 1 offense.

I found these Zach Tom measurables very interesting. While there's no comparing the two as career players today, this information is inspiring at least. The downside is he violates the old timer adage of "never trust a man with two first names".

As such, I temporarily nickname him "ZachTiari" for the duration of camp. :-)

https://i.ibb.co/jyPXhxK/Zack-Tiari.png (https://ibb.co/5rgHTzD)

RashanGary
07-29-2022, 05:04 PM
A faster James Jones would be awesome. A WR capable of bullying DB's is great fun.

There’s not a great packer comp. He’s not the bullying type. Maybe Driver is a comp.

RashanGary
07-29-2022, 05:25 PM
We added Jaran Reed and Davonte Wyatt. But there is a third spot we could see some growth. TJ Slaton flashed a little last year. I glanced at training camp pictures and he looks to be fit and strong. We really could have a deep DL if a few things bounce our way.

RashanGary
07-29-2022, 06:36 PM
On 1075 they had Doubs offensive coordinator come on. He said Doubs is the hardest worker you’re gonna find. Glowed about him. He’s got all the potential with is size and speed and quickness. Maybe it will materialize.

Joemailman
07-29-2022, 07:04 PM
On 1075 they had Doubs offensive coordinator come on. He said Doubs is the hardest worker you’re gonna find. Glowed about him. He’s got all the potential with is size and speed and quickness. Maybe it will materialize.

MLF basically said the same thing about him today. Said he's always the first guy in the building going through his pre-practice routine.

RashanGary
07-29-2022, 08:15 PM
MLF basically said the same thing about him today. Said he's always the first guy in the building going through his pre-practice routine.

I saw that. He’s got the upside and work ethic. I like the combo.

George Cumby
07-29-2022, 09:01 PM

Cue: Training Camp Man-Crush Crushed by the Regular Season.

bobblehead
07-29-2022, 11:30 PM
I found these Zach Tom measurables very interesting. While there's no comparing the two as career players today, this information is inspiring at least. The downside is he violates the old timer adage of "never trust a man with two first names".

As such, I temporarily nickname him "ZachTiari" for the duration of camp. :-)

https://i.ibb.co/jyPXhxK/Zack-Tiari.png (https://ibb.co/5rgHTzD)

I'm a little shocked by the size thing. Bak struck me as a powerhouse bully from day one. Not so athletic but got it done with grit. Then he learned the art of holding and somehow never getting called for it.

I stand by my original sentiment that Tom was an absolute steal where we got him, but I don't want to test my conviction by having him play LT right out the gate. I think he could be a guard in the mold of Mike Wahle probably, or a tackle that I can't quite come up with a comp for. He just moves so well. Maybe like a Tony Jones from the old Bronco late 90's Owl teams.

run pMc
07-30-2022, 08:41 AM
Cue: Training Camp Man-Crush Crushed by the Regular Season.

LOL let's hope not, but there's a lot of Kool-Aid being drunk. They haven't even practiced in pads yet much less played a game.
Doubs sounds like a better pick than J'Mon, so there's that.

Or maybe the secondary isn't that great after all.

Joemailman
07-30-2022, 10:11 AM
LOL let's hope not, but there's a lot of Kool-Aid being drunk. They haven't even practiced in pads yet much less played a game.

Obviously, it's all preliminary. Things ramp up once the pads go on on Tuesday. But what made his performance on Thursday so impressive is it came on a day where the defense seemed to have a good day.

bobblehead
07-30-2022, 10:28 AM

Oh contraire. This is EXACTLY the time to develop irrational love for a player.

Joemailman
07-30-2022, 12:17 PM
Andy Herman
With full disclosure that I have no idea medically what it should look like - Kylin Hill to the untrained eye looks phenomenal moving and cutting. I’d have no idea he was coming off an ACL. Still rehabbing to the side for now.

Matt Schneidman
Rookie Zach Tom back at LT1 today. Runyan, Myers, Newman, Nijman to his right.

Andy Herman
What can’t he do?!

Doubs just did some lead blocking for Aaron Jones almost out of an h-back look.

Great rep by Jarran Reed meanwhile who handled Zach Tom and made a “stop” in the backfield.

Andy Herman
Jordan love with his longest completion to camp and it was to… Romeo Doubs. Doubs had a couple steps but he had to wait up for it a bit. Still a big play rolling out to his left for Love & Doubs. Kid is unreal.

Andy Herman
Enagbare double teamed and washed out of his gap on a run. I’ve had a lot of questions about him - I think he has a bright future ahead of him but it’s going to need some time. And as I’m typing this he just drew a would be holding call on Cannella.

Bill Huber
Botched snap and Rodgers is irked at Myers.

Wes Hodkiewicz
Good pickup by Tyler Davis on Preston Smith, allowing Rodgers to step into his throw. Amos had a nice PD to breakup a pass for Cobb

Matt Schneidman
Rookie kicker Gabe Brkic 0/2 just now. Wide left from 45 on the left hash, wide right from 47 on the right hash. Mason Crosby still sidelined with a knee injury.

Andy Herman
Really nice patience and recognition by Zach Tom picking up a stunt up front.

Mike Spofford
For punt drill, it’s Doubs, Cobb, A. Rodgers & Hyman rotating as returners.

Matt Schneidman
We’re not allowed to tweet exact quotes from coaches or players during practice, but let’s just say Rich Bisaccia is gonna bang some heads if Amari Rodgers fair catches another punt.

Wes Hodkiewicz
Dallin Leavitt working as the personal protector. Again, the fourth year safety played a whopping 73% of Raiders ST snaps last year

Wes Hodkiewicz
A couple nice completions from Love to Toure in move the ball. Two period ends with a Gafford PD

Andy Herman
Defense looks fantastic today. Pressure, run stuffing, sticky coverage. Showcasing the full potential today.

Enagbare with a rep with the ones. Great pressure by Preston and a wounded duck ball falls mercifully incomplete before Amos could get to it.

Andy Herman
Offense finally gets something going with a Texas route from Rodgers to Dillon. Got the rookie Walker on that one.

Matt Schneidman
Score another one for the chumps today. Rodgers having little time in the pocket during move-the-ball period. Rashan Gary and Preston Smith blowing up plays in the backfield.

Ryan Wood
Kabion Ento with an impressive PBU on left sideline vs. Osirus Mitchell on a deep out from Danny Etling. Ento has always shown a knack for playing the football. Just hasn’t been able to stay healthy.

Andy Herman
Rico Gafford has been showing up today. That’s his 3rd forced incompletion in coverage. Meanwhile a nice pass rush from Devonte Wyatt.

Andy Herman
Tough to tell if runs would be blown dead or not but Dillon just broke a nice run up field. Looked like he thought he would have been gone. Working in 2 min drill right now.

Mike Spofford
Defense wins two-minute with second units. Gafford good coverage on A.Rodgers deep, Slaton deflected pass, Rodgers can’t bring in ball over middle from Love. #PackersCamp

run pMc
07-30-2022, 12:30 PM
Oh contraire. This is EXACTLY the time to develop irrational love for a player.

Touche!

LOL Gotta love training camp.

Joemailman
07-30-2022, 12:43 PM
Wes Hodkiewicz
Shemar Jean Charles appeared to have a pick in end zone in two minute but ref says he bobbled it.

Wes Hodkiewicz
Allen Lazard is in a zone right now. Skies for the 16 yard TD on third and 6 to end ones two minute

Ryan Wood
Aaron Rodgers lobs a fade into the left end zone on 3rd & 6 from the 16, and Allen Lazard soars over Eric Stokes to catch it for a TD ending an impressive 2-minute drive. Heck of a catch from Lazard in the corner and zone.

Andy Herman
Donte Vaughn with a pbu.

And Romeo Doubs is human after all. A rare drop from the rookie with tight coverage from Ento who had a nice day.

RashanGary
07-30-2022, 01:58 PM
Thanks for the updates Joe. The defense is exciting. I’m worried about the OL. I actually think the OL might be a bigger concern than the receivers.

Fritz
07-30-2022, 02:37 PM
[QUOTE=Joemailman;1117711]Andy Herman
With full disclosure that I have no idea medically what it should look like - Kylin Hill to the untrained eye looks phenomenal moving and cutting. I

Fritz
07-30-2022, 02:40 PM
They've got a guy named Hyman returning punts?

Please, oh please, let him get the job: "Hyman breaks open!"

"They - are - going - all - the - way!"

RashanGary
07-30-2022, 02:45 PM
Aaron Rodgers on @nflnetwork: "Romeo Doubs has had a really nice start to camp. Getting a lot of attention based on some of the plays he's made. Like the approach, very understated kid, very humble kid...We all feel really good about Romeo and the start he's off to."

RashanGary
07-30-2022, 02:49 PM
Rodgers comments on Doubs….. “like the approach”, lafleurs comments about Romeo being the first guy in and establishing a professional routine…. And his college OC saying Doubs is one of the hardest workers he’s ever been around.

Combined with

His size, speed and high route running potential that the scouts talked about when he was drafted.

He’s a guy who will probably meet his potential some day.

I’m a fan of Doubs.

George Cumby
07-30-2022, 06:50 PM
I have a chub for Doubs.

But that's not gay.

Joemailman
07-30-2022, 07:39 PM
I have a chub for Doubs.

But that's not gay.

Sounds like you're in love with Romeo. But who am I to judge?

Upnorth
07-30-2022, 10:01 PM
So our 4th round pick has taken all the starting reps at lt when he is on the field and he is just ok. Idont like our ol

Joemailman
07-30-2022, 10:18 PM
So our 4th round pick has taken all the starting reps at lt when he is on the field and he is just ok. Idont like our ok.

Nijman took starting reps on Thursday. Relax. Bakhtiari may be back anyway.

Anti-Polar Bear
07-30-2022, 11:18 PM

“Call me” Ishmael Hyman.

QBME
07-31-2022, 10:15 AM

Fritzy in mid-season form!!
:-)

bobblehead
07-31-2022, 11:24 AM
fucking website. Even the copy paste method isn't working.

Gyst of the post was response to JH on Romeo. Watson might miss his opportunity and be a lesson on being available.

bobblehead
07-31-2022, 11:26 AM
I have a chub for Doubs.

But that's not gay.

Not that theres anything wrong with that.

Fritz
08-01-2022, 07:55 AM
There were several aspects of Amari Rodgers I did not like last year. His weight was one aspect - he ought to know better than to go all chubby in his first professional season, you'd think. I can't think of a reason he'd want to weigh as much as he did. He looked chubby, even.

So he slimmed down and was supposedly much sharper in understanding the offense. But one aspect of his game, which I disliked last year, has not changed: he seems leery of returning a punt. Apparently he's still fair-catching everything in camp this summer. You'd think a guy on the bubble would be trying to be a little more daring.

Even when he did return something, he always skipped out of bounds before he could be hit. He could've used a lesson from Mercedes Lewis there. I suppose you could argue he didn't want to get hit and fumble, but he seemed awfully eager to avoid contact altogether.

Which is to say, I won't be sad if he gets cut.

Joemailman
08-01-2022, 09:53 AM
There were several aspects of Amari Rodgers I did not like last year. His weight was one aspect - he ought to know better than to go all chubby in his first professional season, you'd think. I can't think of a reason he'd want to weigh as much as he did. He looked chubby, even.

So he slimmed down and was supposedly much sharper in understanding the offense. But one aspect of his game, which I disliked last year, has not changed: he seems leery of returning a punt. Apparently he's still fair-catching everything in camp this summer. You'd think a guy on the bubble would be trying to be a little more daring.

Even when he did return something, he always skipped out of bounds before he could be hit. He could've used a lesson from Mercedes Lewis there. I suppose you could argue he didn't want to get hit and fumble, but he seemed awfully eager to avoid contact altogether.

Well, there was a report of him drawing Bisaccia's ire because he did a fair catch on one punt. I'm not aware that he's been fair catching everything. In an unpadded practice, he probably shouldn't be fair catching anything, so that's why Bisaccia got angry. Now that he had his conditioning back, the key is getting his confidence back. He's got to be able to put 2021 in the rear view mirror.

bobblehead
08-01-2022, 10:09 AM

Kenny Gainwell does everything Amari was supposed to do and he does it better. Packers should have taken him instead.

Joemailman
08-01-2022, 01:07 PM
Andy Herman
Dean Lowry went full Dikembe with a rejection at the line.

Free play for the offense, looked like Kenny jumped but Lazard and 12 not on the same page. 13 cut his route off, Rodgers was expecting him to keep going.

Jarran Reed forces a pressure on Rodgers, incomplete.

Andy Herman
False start JRJ.

Hell of a job by Tipa holding the point of attack on a run by Jones. Marcedes was blocking him that’s no easy task.

And then Tipa follows it up with a pressure off the edge, possible he may have been pushed passes the QB but his presence was felt.

Ryan Wood
Yosh Nijman is back to left tackle after rookie Zach Tom lined up on the blindside and kicked Nijman to right Saturday.

First OL: Nijman, Runyan, Myers, Hanson, Newman.

Andy Herman
The run defense has been legit so far. Jarran Reed with a stop at the line.

Isaiah McDuffie, SJC, and Rico Gafford with a few random reps with the ones already.

Now La’Darius Hamilton busts through the line for a run stop. Love seeing Tipa & Hamilton showing up.

Andy Herman
Love with a bullet over the middle to Toure for 12. Quick read off play action.

Beautiful rep by Zach Tom in run blocking vs Devonte Wyatt - got inside and completely sealed him.

Ryan Wood
#Packers rookie Romeo Doubs drops a high pass from Aaron Rodgers on a left cross. So he is human.

Andy Herman
Menet skies a ball over Loves head on a shotgun snap.

Drop by Lazard in the end zone in red zone drills - nice pass rush by Preston.

Watkins touchdown from Rodgers but as
@AaronNagler
wisely points out, prob would have been a sack first.

Mike Spofford
Offense not sharp in goal-line work. Drops by Doubs & Lazard, would-be sack of Rodgers, then Watkins drops one vs tight coverage from Alexander.

Andy Herman
Amari Rodgers on a punt return gets vertical right away for a nice gain. Lots of horizontal running last season love to see the change there.

Andy Herman
De’Vondre Campbell just stood up Aaron Jones in the hole. Great read by the all-pro.

This defense is so fast. They are making things so difficult for the offense.

Run fits, pressure, coverage, rallying to the ball, speed - it’s all evident. Fun to watch.

Matt Schneidman
Rashan Gary would’ve sent Aaron Rodgers to Manitowoc during that move-the-ball period if he was allowed to hit the QB.

Ryan Wood
From OL to pass catchers, pretty sloppy practice for #Packers offense. Romeo Doubs, Allen Lazard and Dominique Dafney (with Jordan Love) have each dropped a pass. Multiple false starts too.

Wes Hodkiewicz
Rodgers with a nice pass to an open Dillon down the seam. 28 made a nice adjustment to catch it in stride

Ryan Wood
#Packers defense backed up all the way to 10-yard line on 2-minute drill, but Adrian Amos ended drive with PBU in the end zone on ball intended for Josiah Deguara, forcing short field goal. Aaron Rodgers talking about the play with Deguara on sideline after the drive.

Andy Herman
Stop me if you’ve heard this before - Rico Gafford pbu. He’s been impressive.

And very next play Gafford is right on Toure and stops him in bounds for a very very short gain. Clock ticks.

Vernon Scott game winning pick in 2 minute drill on an awful decision from Love.

Bill Huber
The No. 2 2-minute was a hot mess. Incomplete pass, Gafford limits completion for 3 and Scott with pick-six. Highlights another strong day for the defense.

Jeff Passan

BREAKING: The Brewers are trading star reliever Josh Hader to the Padres, a source tells ESPN.

Arctic Fox
08-01-2022, 04:42 PM
So, Doubs is having a pretty good camp so far. Good for him. He's my boy.

Want the season to start already, seems like forever since the 9ers loss...

run pMc
08-01-2022, 05:01 PM
Kenny Gainwell does everything Amari was supposed to do and he does it better. Packers should have taken him instead.

Gainwell wouldn't have been bad. I wonder if the weight lost will help Rodgers.
I don't think he's going to return punts.
IMO he was better returning kicks, but they have several players who can do that.

I'm pulling for Rodgers to do well, but I have a feeling the camp competition might get him traded unless they think they can keep him another year and hide Winfree or Toure on the PS. I'm skeptical they keep 7WRs.

Not sure what Amari Rodgers can do that Tyler Goodson can't.

Joemailman
08-01-2022, 05:27 PM
So far 5 WR's are getting a lot of reps with the 1's. Am Rodgers hasn't been one of them. Still early, but something to keep an eye on.

RashanGary
08-01-2022, 08:28 PM
Deshawn Watson got a six game suspension for handys during massages.

I went to Gohn Spa in Green Bay and got a couple handys. I had two Asian girls at the same time tugging away one time. That cost an extra bill. But just one girl was $60.

The first time I went I wasn’t sure if they were down. They were massaging my legs and getting awfully close. So when I turned over, I let the towel fall off and sure as shit, she went to work.

I wonder if something like that happened to Deshawn, he let the towel fall off and they ran away :lol:

I don’t know exactly what he did, but I don’t judge him for it. One of the girls at the Asian place seemed a little young. I probably shouldn’t have been there. Could you imagine the cops bust in and media is there taking pictures. Oof.

Freak Out
08-01-2022, 11:28 PM
Great football post you loser.

run pMc
08-02-2022, 07:17 AM
Ridley gets a full season for gambling, but Watson gets 6 games and a fully guaranteed contract for being a creepy jerk. Go figure.

In other news, the Bears are shopping last year's R2 pick Teven Jenkins.

Joemailman
08-02-2022, 07:41 AM
Ridley gets a full season for gambling, but Watson gets 6 games and a fully guaranteed contract for being a creepy jerk. Go figure.

In other news, the Bears are shopping last year's R2 pick Teven Jenkins.

Jenkins dropped from a likely 1st round pick to 2nd round pick in 2021 due to injury concerns. He might be damaged goods.

run pMc
08-02-2022, 12:11 PM
Jenkins dropped from a likely 1st round pick to 2nd round pick in 2021 due to injury concerns. He might be damaged goods.

Yeah a 24 year old OL with back injury is a concern. I think he played half of last season and has been out for most of this camp too. Too bad for him (I liked him as a prospect from his film) but LOL at the Bears.

run pMc
08-02-2022, 12:12 PM
I think today is the first fully padded practice for Packers. Will be curious to hear about the OL/DL and WR/CB battles.

Joemailman
08-02-2022, 12:22 PM
Wes Hodkiewicz
Zach Tom is the right tackle today and looked good in one on ones there. Yosh at left

MK Burgess
Doubs gets Stokes back, beats him on nice throw from Rodgers. Stokes frustrated, threw his helmet down. Jaire Alexander over to talk him down. Competition is FIERCE today

Ryan Wood
Nice start to one-on-ones for #Packers OT Yosh Nijman, standing up Rashan Gary twice. Nijman didnot take any reps after that. It was a good place to stop.

Matt Schneidman
Packers just did 25 1-on-1s between WRs/TEs and CBs/safeties with Rodgers and Love throwing. Will have notes on each in todays story, but highlight came on 25th rep. Romeo Doubs burned Eric Stokes down the right sideline for a TD from Rodgers. Stokes slammed his helmet after.

Mike Spofford
Rookie Zach Tom at RT with Royce Newman at RG to start 11-on-11 for the ones today at #PackersCamp

Andy Herman
Lowry just blew up a run play vs Tyler Davis in team, nice cut back from Jones to get as much as he could.

Bootleg but Campbell isnot fooled at all - he iss all over Dafney in the flat.

Rashan Gary not getting moved in the run game. He gets a stop at the line.

Andy Herman
Rodgers tries to hit Doubs deep but DeVondre Campbell gets deep in his drip, elevates, and tips the ball away at the last second. All-pro play by Campbell. That was super impressive.

Andy Herman
Love with his best throw of camp. Hits Watkins in stride deep to the sidelines. Watkins biggest play too.

Mike Spofford
After a good showing in 1-on-1s yesterday vs a fellow rookie, first-round pick Devonte Wyatt got matched vs starter Jon Runyan today at #PackersCamp. 3 good battles. Id say each won one with a draw.

Andy Herman
Jonathan Ford - hello. Bursts through the line for a stop on Goodson. Garvin was there setting a strong edge too.

Nice misdirection on a toss to Baylor for about 6. Wilborn did a good job getting over for the stop.

Dafney just owned Ramsey in pass pro but Etling misses Mitchell

Andy Herman
Garvin showing up in run defense today. Just beat George Moore to make a stop.

BJ Baylor just did everything he could but 5 defenders immediately surrounded him. Defense rallying to the football again.

Andy Herman
Doubs looks a little shaken up after a punt return attempt. Hes walking slowly to the sideline and with a little limp. Will keep an eye on it.

Meanwhile Hyman muffs a punt.

And Doubs is right back out there so he seems fine. Still walking gingerly and checking his ankle tho.

Ryan Wood
Amari Rodgers isnt the only punt returner struggling today. Rookie Romeo Doubs has misplayed two, and Ishmael Hyman muffed one as well. Rough day with a stiff wind blowing straight at the returners.

Andy Herman
Jones has had a really nice day running the ball. Making the most of small creases.

Doubs out there on offense with no noticeable issue so seems any major issue was avoided.

DeVondre Campbell has been everywhere. A quick stop on a short pass to Lazard.

Andy Herman
Rodgers hits Amari over the middle for a nice pickup. Amari got lots of separation on that one. Savage was the closest coming in from safety.

Really nice run by Goodson. CVL and Menet opening up the left side.

Love is having a nice day. Hits Dafney in stride over the middle.

Andy Herman
Gaines with a nice blitz off the edge, Love throws deep to Doubs on a nice throw but Doubs cant hold on and once again gets up a little gingerly

Kobe Jones beats G. Moore off the edge. Nice job flattening to the qb

Jones to the QB again. Meanwhile Baylor w/ great blitz pickup

Andy Herman
Hyman with a great block on the outside on Innis Gaines on a quick throw to try outside. Got Gaines on the ground.

Love hits Mack in stride to the outside. Nice bounce back day for 10 today.

Andy Herman
How good is Rashan Gary? He just split a double team of Nijman & JRJ for a pressure. Unreal power from him.

Next play - pressure by Lowry inside. This defense is relentless.

Wes Hodkiewicz
In red zone, Gary blows up third and goal play. Rodgers gets it out and Dillon nearly makes a circus catch before falling incomplete

Andy Herman
Rodgers hits Lazard for a td in red zone after buying a bunch of time. Despite the td you could tell he wasnt happy with the session as a whole. Defense won for sure.

Kiondre Thomas with a pbu in red zone on a throw form Love.

McDuffie comes screaming through on a blitz.

Andy Herman
Tipa with a nice pressure off the edge against Caleb Jones.

Love to Doubs in the corner of the end zone on a gorgeous throw and catch. That was beautiful. Td offense.

Matt Schneidman
@mattschneidman
Holy moly what a grab by Romeo Doubs in the back right corner of the end zone through contested coverage during a close red-zone period. Perfect touch pass from Jordan Love and Doubs touched both feet right in front of us. Ref threw a DPI flag on Rico Gafford, too.

Matt Schneidman
@mattschneidman
Also, Jarran Reed has been in Rodgers face the last couple days. Multiple times during that close red-zone period.

Tom Silverstein
#Packers QB Jordan Love is making more throws that look like theyre from a skilled passer. Hit Sammy Watkins in stride on a deep corner and in 3rd and goal drill, threw a pretty pass into back corner that only Romeo Doubs could get. 87 made a fingertip catch and got feet down.

Upnorth
08-02-2022, 02:11 PM
Love the doubs and Lazard stuff, and all the d sucess....

But what has me excited is love machines preformance. Imagine 3 in a row..... Cart way before horse but just smiling right now.

Joemailman
08-02-2022, 04:32 PM

But what has me excited is love machines preformance. Imagine 3 in a row..... Cart way before horse but just smiling right now.

The constant word on the D is how fast they are. Quay Walker instead of Barnes is a big difference. Love had an off day yesterday, but otherwise he's been very good. Tom Clements was a great hire.

Bretsky
08-02-2022, 06:25 PM
Reportedly very good day today for da Love Machine; ended practice on a good read, scramble, and TD to to rookie WR whose showed up big time in the Dubbs

Arctic Fox
08-02-2022, 06:30 PM
Doubs will be the #1 receiver by game 6!! It's my prediction, you read it here first!

Teamcheez1
08-02-2022, 06:31 PM
There's a different vibe this year. I haven't felt this good about the Packer's defense since the last time they won the Superbowl. The offense will see some growing pains, but all the pieces are there to excel. The GM/coaches seems to be making good decisions and have learned from past mistakes (i.e. special teams, etc.). This could be a special year.

Joemailman
08-02-2022, 06:31 PM
fucking website. Even the copy paste method isn't working.

Gyst of the post was response to JH on Romeo. Watson might miss his opportunity and be a lesson on being available.

The problem I've had is apostrophes. When I copy and paste text, if there's an apostrophe it cuts off everything starting with the apostrophe .

Teamcheez1
08-02-2022, 06:33 PM
I wouldn't at all be surprised to see Watson inactive for the first game of the season.

Joemailman
08-02-2022, 07:05 PM
Doubs will be the #1 receiver by game 6!! It's my prediction, you read it here first!

Could be since Watkins will likely be hurt by Week 5.

George Cumby
08-02-2022, 07:35 PM

Bruh.

I feel you:

"Perfect touch pass from Jordan Love and Doubs touched both feet right in front of us."

This Defense has me all sorts of fired up.

George Cumby
08-02-2022, 07:42 PM
The Search function seems a bit wonky.

I can't find a Zach Tom thread.

Did we start one when he was drafted?

Harv? Joe?

Joemailman
08-02-2022, 07:48 PM
The Search function seems a bit wonky.

I can't find a Zach Tom thread.

Did we start one when he was drafted?

Harv? Joe?

http://packerrats.com/showthread.php?32331-2022-Fourth-Round-Pick-140-OL-Zach-Tom

George Cumby
08-02-2022, 09:39 PM
http://packerrats.com/showthread.php?32331-2022-Fourth-Round-Pick-140-OL-Zach-Tom

Thanks Joe.

Here's the TL/DR:

https://twitter.com/JuMosq/status/1520993230589898752?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5 Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1520993230589898752%7Ctwgr% 5E%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fforums.footballsfuture.com%2 Findex.php%3Fapp%3Dcoremodule%3Dsystemcontroller%3 Dembedurl%3Dhttps%3A%2F%2Ftwitter.com%2Fi%2Fstatus %2F1520993230589898752

Joemailman
08-02-2022, 09:45 PM
Doubs beating Stokes in 1 on 1 drill

https://twitter.com/i/status/1554629526671527938

RashanGary
08-02-2022, 10:22 PM
Doubs beating Stokes in 1 on 1 drill

https://twitter.com/i/status/1554629526671527938

Damn, Doubs fast. He’s gonna be able do that in games. Stokes is no slouch. Rodgers will remember that and go back to it.

call_me_ishmael
08-02-2022, 11:08 PM
So is Romeo for real or what? It's hard to tell from the reports. Greg Jennings 2.0?

texaspackerbacker
08-02-2022, 11:49 PM
Great that Doubs seems to be the real deal, and I expect him to get a lot of yards, receptions, and TDs, but mark my words, Watson is a helluva lot better and assuming he comes back healthy soon, he will end up the top WR.

run pMc
08-03-2022, 08:36 AM
Thanks Joe.

Here's the TL/DR:

https://twitter.com/JuMosq/status/1520993230589898752?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5 Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1520993230589898752%7Ctwgr% 5E%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fforums.footballsfuture.com%2 Findex.php%3Fapp%3Dcoremodule%3Dsystemcontroller%3 Dembedurl%3Dhttps%3A%2F%2Ftwitter.com%2Fi%2Fstatus %2F1520993230589898752

I think Zach Tom has so far been everything you'd hope and expect for. That he's running with the 1's at OT says something...if he stays there then you really know what they think of him. Smart and really good feet. I'm not sure about his overall size/length at T but I think he can put on a little bit of weight and gain more strength a la Bahktiari (who was 299 as a rookie) then he can hold up. Will never be a road grader but I think he'll be one of those guys who is always in the right place and can mirror so well he frustrates his opponent.

run pMc
08-03-2022, 08:41 AM
So is Romeo for real or what? It's hard to tell from the reports. Greg Jennings 2.0?

I keep thinking James Jones 2.0 personally.
I don't think he's the shifty route runner Jennings was. The way he highpoints and wins those competitive 50/50 balls reminded the JSO reporters of Davante coming out of Fresno State.
Long way to go with Doubs, but I like what I've heard/seen.

Watson being on PUP for going on a week plus is concerning; this is important time to get reps, especially with Rodgers. He may end up the top WR, but it won't be this year.

bobblehead
08-03-2022, 09:04 AM
Great that Doubs seems to be the real deal, and I expect him to get a lot of yards, receptions, and TDs, but mark my words, Watson is a helluva lot better and assuming he comes back healthy soon, he will end up the top WR.

Are you basing this on his work on the stationary bike?

bobblehead
08-03-2022, 09:05 AM
I think Zach Tom has so far been everything you'd hope and expect for. That he's running with the 1's at OT says something...if he stays there then you really know what they think of him. Smart and really good feet. I'm not sure about his overall size/length at T but I think he can put on a little bit of weight and gain more strength a la Bahktiari (who was 299 as a rookie) then he can hold up. Will never be a road grader but I think he'll be one of those guys who is always in the right place and can mirror so well he frustrates his opponent.

We run ZBS so road grader isn't exactly on the menu. But if it were I wouldn't underestimate a guy who understands leverage the way Tom does.

Joemailman
08-03-2022, 09:19 AM
Are you basing this on his work on the stationary bike?

He showed pretty good vertical after Doubs scored a spectacular TD.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FZL4RYiXkAEV6q2?format=jpg&name=large

run pMc
08-03-2022, 09:30 AM
We run ZBS so road grader isn't exactly on the menu. But if it were I wouldn't underestimate a guy who understands leverage the way Tom does.

Agree. GB doesn't really do road-graders, to the dismay of some on this forum. I think Tom fits their scheme very well and looks to be a super sub if not a future starter. Interesting that he's battling the N-men (Njiman & Newman) currently for T reps. If Jenkins AND Bahk are on PUP to start (I think Bahk plays Week 1 but Jenkins stays on the PUP) he might be a starter.

Sean Rhyan is having a rougher/slower start. Seems like they are playing him at G exclusively at this point; I suspect they keep him there this season and try him at T next season, like they're doing with Newman and have done with others in the past. He looks like a G but has athleticism to play T. He reminds me of a better version of Lane Taylor, which isn't terrible.

run pMc
08-03-2022, 09:32 AM
He showed pretty good vertical after Doubs scored a spectacular TD.

Yeah I was a little surprised by this. I don't see a protective sleeve or obvious scar on the knee, so I'd expect him to be practicing soon.
He'll have to get up to speed in a hurry, when the regular season starts there isn't a lot of time for practice and development... it's all prepping for the next opponent.

bobblehead
08-03-2022, 03:01 PM
With the camp excitement around Doubs and Tom, I wonder if Gutes is rethinking trading away all those 4ths he tossed out there to move up in the first round. I'm still more excited about this draft than any prior. I am anxiously awaiting the puff pieces on Wyatt and the rest.

Joemailman
08-03-2022, 03:17 PM
With the camp excitement around Doubs and Tom, I wonder if Gutes is rethinking trading away all those 4ths he tossed out there to move up in the first round. I'm still more excited about this draft than any prior. I am anxiously awaiting the puff pieces on Wyatt and the rest.

I was always surprised he would trade those picks given the success Wolf and Thompson had with mid round picks. I believe he traded away a 4th to move up in the 3rd round to take Oren Burks. :bang:

Guiness
08-03-2022, 03:43 PM

I don't think the Pack had a rookie WR starter since Greg Jennings.

Joemailman
08-03-2022, 04:49 PM
I don't think the Pack had a rookie WR starter since Greg Jennings.

James Jones started 9 games in 2007, including Week 1. Jennings started 11 games in 2006.

RashanGary
08-03-2022, 05:46 PM
With 448 yards, Cobb would be top 10 all time receiving leader in packer history

call_me_ishmael
08-04-2022, 02:53 PM
James Jones started 9 games in 2007, including Week 1. Jennings started 11 games in 2006.

IIRC he was starting for the most recent Packerrats game, which IIRC was in 2007 against the Bears. He fumbled after a hot start.

Joemailman
08-04-2022, 08:55 PM
Was at practice today. Just a few things to mention:

Doubs looks very natural to me fielding punts.

Only heard 1 f-bomb from Bisaccia so ST must have been okay.

I think Watkins looked very good. Don't know if he can stay healthy, but at this point his string of injuries does not seem to have robbed him of his speed.

Tyler Davis looks to me a lot like 2020 Tonyan.

Danny Davis looks good. Great chance to make PS.

The Doubs/Stokes matchup is a great one to watch.

Love had an INT/fumble when an o-lineman got pushed into him and hit his arm as he was throwing. I think Love has improved a lot, but he still needs to work on getting rid of the ball quicker.

Zach Tom got 1st team reps at RT again today. He might start there if Bakh and Jenkins are both out to start the season. Gary made him look bad today, but Gary has been wrecking everybody.

I really like Tyler Goodson. Quick cuts and can catch the ball.

Bretsky
08-04-2022, 09:14 PM
With 448 yards, Cobb would be top 10 all time receiving leader in packer history

wow

Crazy; don't think of Cobb when I hear top 10

RashanGary
08-05-2022, 09:28 AM
wow

Crazy; don't think of Cobb when I hear top 10

He had a weird, consistently average career for a really long time.

bobblehead
08-05-2022, 09:47 AM

I think Watkins looked very good. Don't know if he can stay healthy, but at this point his string of injuries does not seem to have robbed him of his speed.

Love had an INT/fumble when an o-lineman got pushed into him and hit his arm as he was throwing. I think Love has improved a lot, but he still needs to work on getting rid of the ball quicker.

Zach Tom got 1st team reps at RT again today. He might start there if Bakh and Jenkins are both out to start the season. Gary made him look bad today, but Gary has been wrecking everybody.

My couple takeaways. I pimped Goodson as an absolute steal for undrafted. I think Hill might be replaced without ever getting back on the field (and I loved Hill in the 7th last year)

It seems my initial thought that Tom, as good as he is, wasn't big enough to be a starting tackle year one is off. If I have to be wrong, that is the right direction to be wrong in.

smuggler
08-05-2022, 12:23 PM
Hope the hype about Doubs and Tom is real. First time I've been so geeked for the first preseason game in quite a while.

bobblehead
08-05-2022, 12:55 PM
Hope the hype about Doubs and Tom is real. First time I've been so geeked for the first preseason game in quite a while.

I think its real. First of all, Tom has displayed everything you could want on tape and in testing. He should have gone in the 2nd. And Doubs isn't getting praise for "flashiing potential" He is going toe to toe with proven Eric Stokes. He is doing it every day. Not one person is suggesting its over hyped. Does that mean he is going to put up a Justin Jeffeson season....not likely, but 75 catches for 1000 yards shouldn't shock anyone at this point.

Joemailman
08-05-2022, 03:43 PM
I think its real. First of all, Tom has displayed everything you could want on tape and in testing. He should have gone in the 2nd. And Doubs isn't getting praise for "flashiing potential" He is going toe to toe with proven Eric Stokes. He is doing it every day. Not one person is suggesting its over hyped. Does that mean he is going to put up a Justin Jeffeson season....not likely, but 75 catches for 1000 yards shouldn't shock anyone at this point.

As much as I like Doubs, that would kind of shock me. He's likely behind Lazard, Watkins and maybe Cobb on the depth chart at this point. And Watson will return, likely fairly soon. He could have a great rookie season and not have enough targets for those kind of numbers.

RashanGary
08-05-2022, 04:18 PM
Lazard is clearly ahead of Doubs. After that, he could easily be our number 2 and get 700 yards.

Fritz
08-05-2022, 04:47 PM

I was glad to see that at least one writer has the same eighth-grade sense of humor I do: "Ishmael Hyman muffed one as well."

Let's nickname him "Buster" and he'll surely make the team.

call_me_ishmael
08-05-2022, 09:38 PM
I think if the kid gets 40 catches for 600 yards you're ecstatic.

RashanGary
08-05-2022, 11:42 PM
Devonte Wyatt absolutely destroyed Sean Rhyan on that deep throw that Love made to Toure. No way in hell Love gets that pass that far of Wyatt was allowed to hit him.

Joemailman
08-06-2022, 09:02 AM
Sean Rhyan has been a disappointment so far. I thought he would be challenging for a starting job at RG, but he's struggling with the second team. Something about those 3rd rounders. Wyatt had been kind of quiet in camp so far, but he seemed to have a pretty good night.

run pMc
08-06-2022, 09:05 AM
I was glad to see that at least one writer has the same eighth-grade sense of humor I do: "Ishmael Hyman muffed one as well."

Let's nickname him "Buster" and he'll surely make the team.

LOL

smuggler
08-06-2022, 04:39 PM
Don't forget, Wyatt doesn't exactly play a glamour position. I'm not too concerned if he's not making huge waves.

run pMc
08-06-2022, 05:03 PM
Don't forget, Wyatt doesn't exactly play a glamour position. I'm not too concerned if he's not making huge waves.

True. You can't really tell until they play in pads. Plus rookie DL take a while to figure out the position. They're college grads fighting in the trenches against some big grown men.
I do think Wyatt's athleticism will be an asset, and adding Reed means Wyatt can learn as he goes with less pressure. Will be interesting to see what the lineup is like by the end of the year (I'm thinking of Lowry) but the depth they have gives them some options.
Honestly, the DL depth is the best its been in several years. That will matter because the OLB depth is not good.

run pMc
08-06-2022, 05:18 PM
Jake Hanson must have really taken a leap forward. He was not good the previous two camps. I thought Zach Tom was going to be the new Lucas Patrick, but it's looking more like that role will be filled by Jake Hanson.

As for Tom, I think he needs to get stronger and time in an NFL weight room will provide that. I do wonder if he could end up being ANOTHER Unicorn for GB who can play anywhere a la Jenkins. Those guys are basically unique but having two would be crazy. The lineup flexibility would be a huge plus.

Joemailman
08-06-2022, 06:30 PM
I'm not sold on Hanson, but with Tom getting a lot of reps at RT, Hanson looks like the backup C. That would get him on the roster. However, if they get Bakhtiari and Jenkins back, and Tom starts getting backup reps at C, Hanson could be in trouble. Sean Rhyan's struggles so far in camp may help Hanson though. There's a lot of moving parts on the Oline because of the uncertainty surrounding Bakhtiari and Jenkins.

run pMc
08-06-2022, 07:09 PM
I'm not sold on Hanson, but with Tom getting a lot of reps at RT, Hanson looks like the backup C. That would get him on the roster. However, if they get Bakhtiari and Jenkins back, and Tom starts getting backup reps at C, Hanson could be in trouble. Sean Rhyan's struggles so far in camp may help Hanson though. There's a lot of moving parts on the Oline because of the uncertainty surrounding Bakhtiari and Jenkins.

Yeah, I'm not sold on Hanson either. I heard somewhere that he played against the ones a lot last season since he was on the PS and thus the scout team, so maybe that plus time to fully heal/recover from the hip injury led to some kind of leap. I'll believe it when I see it; last year his blocking and his shotgun snaps were not good at all.

Agree the OL is still murky but it's also early. I think the preseason games and the practices that follow will reveal the lineup.

There are some videos of Bahk moving pretty good; it's a matter of how the knee responds but I think he has time to get back on the field.
I think Bahk makes it back for Week 1 and Jenkins starts on the PUP. GB medical staff don't bring guys back from ACL until they hit 10 months.

texaspackerbacker
08-07-2022, 08:03 AM
Devonte Wyatt absolutely destroyed Sean Rhyan on that deep throw that Love made to Toure. No way in hell Love gets that pass that far of Wyatt was allowed to hit him.

Exactly. I noticed that too. As for Hanson, I think they have decided it's put up or shut up time for him - give him a chance to show something. If he doesn't, he's gone. I too am disappointed in Rhyan. Even though I can never get very excited about O Line in general, he at least was supposed to be the kind of "road grader" I'd prefer over somebody like Tom.

RashanGary
08-07-2022, 08:28 AM
Exactly. I noticed that too. As for Hanson, I think they have decided it's put up or shut up time for him - give him a chance to show something. If he doesn't, he's gone. I too am disappointed in Rhyan. Even though I can never get very excited about O Line in general, he at least was supposed to be the kind of "road grader" I'd prefer over somebody like Tom.

Rhyan is 21 and always played tackle. It might take a little time. Like Gary.

RashanGary
08-07-2022, 08:25 PM
The OL has been porous. If not for Romeo Doubs showing up and easing the concerns at WR, the story of camp would be the crappy OL.

Who the hell is going to start at RT? Newman or Tom. Both are being destroyed by Gary. And if Newman starts at tackle, who the hell plays guard?

The OL has gone worst case scenario so far. Bakh no where to be found. Jenkins out. It’s going to be a shit show come week 1. We are going to lose some games before Jenkins gets back.

Joemailman
08-07-2022, 09:13 PM
The OL has been porous. If not for Romeo Doubs showing up and easing the concerns at WR, the story of camp would be the crappy OL.

Who the hell is going to start at RT? Newman or Tom. Both are being destroyed by Gary. And if Newman starts at tackle, who the hell plays guard?

The OL has gone worst case scenario so far. Bakh no where to be found. Jenkins out. It’s going to be a shit show come week 1. We are going to lose some games before Jenkins gets back.

I do wonder if they would have cut Turner if they had known Bakh would still be out.

I do think things will get better once they settle on a starting lineup. An offensive line operates as a unit, and having a different starting 5 every day can't be helpful.

texaspackerbacker
08-07-2022, 09:27 PM
Nope. R E L A X. Don't Panic.

First of all, the D really IS that good, it's not bad O. Secondly, whenever it isn't Aaron Rodgers at QB, the Packers O is ordinary at best ...... but barring injury, it ain't gonna be without Rodgers when the real games start. Secondly, I think Rodgers either by instruction of the coaches or on his own plays a little looser/less careful in practice - more like the way opposing QBs play. Thirdly, they probably are just being hyper-cautious and/or experimenting with personnel - Hanson, Tom, Rhyan, etc. Bakhtiari and/or Jenkins probably WILL be available by the start of the regular season, and Fourthly, O Line just isn't that important anyway. With Rodgers and with mediocrity in the O Line, we still beat just about anybody just about anytime.

call_me_ishmael
08-07-2022, 09:32 PM
What was that name of
orange Juice the guard who was athletic as hell? Orange Juice Newman or something like that?

Joemailman
08-07-2022, 09:37 PM
What was that name of
orange Juice the guard who was athletic as hell? Orange Juice Newman or something like that?

Royce Newman?

call_me_ishmael
08-07-2022, 09:41 PM
Royce Newman?

No this was in like 2005. Bretsky will know and I bet he loves the guy.

Joemailman
08-07-2022, 09:47 PM
No this was in like 2005. Bretsky will know and I bet he loves the guy.

Junius Coston?

call_me_ishmael
08-07-2022, 10:00 PM
Junius Coston?

Orange Juice Coston, that's it. Well, now that I had the name wildly wrong and it wasn't newsome, this makes a lot less sense and is less relevant to the discussion lol :)

HarveyWallbangers
08-08-2022, 12:22 AM

I've read where Tom has actually held his own against Gary. Lost some, but won his share also.

HarveyWallbangers
08-08-2022, 12:24 AM
Is Hanson getting the Ben Braden treatment? Last year, nobody thought Braden had a chance. He ran with the ones a lot early. He ended up getting cut. They might be letting Hanson show what he's got or he's out the door. If everybody was healthy, I wouldn't see a need for him. I still think OC is Tom's best position--even though I felt he could hold up at OG and OT.

Fritz
08-08-2022, 10:24 AM
I am not as concerned about the offensive line. I think they have a lot of possibilities and they're sorting through them. It seems a deep group.

I think running back is also very, very deep. I know a lot of people here like that Goodson kid, but don't forget how good Kylin Hill was before he was hurt. I suppose they could start with Hill on the PUP list and go with Jones, Dillon, Goodson from Iowa for now. I think Patrick Taylor is a solid, straight-ahead guy but I think he may be odd man out.

Tight end is a weird room with specialists of different ilks (inline, all that), so I wonder if they'll start with Tonyan on the PUP and go with Lewis, Davis, Deguara and Daffney. But that's a lot of tight ends at the expense of another position.

I think receiver will sort itself out over the first six weeks or so. By season's end, barring too many injuries, they'll be okay, I think.

I think the OLB position and the safety position are two of the shallowest spots. Two good starters, then . . . ?

bobblehead
08-08-2022, 11:28 AM
I am still on top of the Zack Tom fan club, but look at this picture and tell me he is big enough to play LT right now.

https://packerswire.usatoday.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/57/2022/08/USATSI_18802464.jpg?resize=1024,858

Joemailman
08-08-2022, 12:34 PM
I am still on top of the Zack Tom fan club, but look at this picture and tell me he is big enough to play LT right now.

Trick of the camera. Tom and Runyan (#76) were the exact same height at the combine. He weighed 304 at the combine. Runyan was 306. Bakhtiari was the same height and weighed 299. Tom ideally wants to probably get up in the 310 area, (Bakhtiari is 310) but I think he can get by for this year.

Joemailman
08-08-2022, 02:58 PM
Andy Herman
Jaire 2/2 in one on ones. Shuts down Lazard and Doubs

Mack can’t hang on against Leavitt

Hyman beats Nixon as does Davis.

Lazard beats Vaughn deep.

Winfree beats Ento deep.

Doubs beats Jaire clean on a deep route but drops the ball. Been an issue at times.

MK Burgess
Rodgers taking a lot of time to talk to his rookie Doubs as he gets ready to run again Ja again..Romeo can’t hang on to the pass and #23 with some chirping for the rookie

Andy Herman
Amari toasts SJC deep.

Toure beats Gafford.

Tyler Davis beats Vernon Scott

Awesome hand battle Watkins vs Stokes. Watson gets a bit of separation but can’t hang on.

Doubs toasts Carpenter. Not a fair fight.

Andy Herman
Holy hell Jaire Alexander. He just ran the route for Sammy Watkins. That was un freaking real. Dropped the pick but the coverage was god mode.

Ryan Wood
Romeo Doubs finally met his match. In pair of 1-on-1s vs Jaire Alexander, Doubs didn’t have a catch. Alexander let the #Packers rookie hear it, too. After smothering him on an out for a PBU, Doubs got behind Alexander but dropped a pass. Alexander told Doubs it was OPI.

Andy Herman
Adrian Amos perfect coverage on a deep shot to Watkins. Ball isn’t close and falls incomplete.

Jarran Reed nice job resetting the LOS vs Runyan.

Tyler Davis comes wide open on a crosser. Nice start for him after winning his 1x1 battles too.

Matt Schneidman
Doubs later cooked Tariq Carpenter for a deep TD on a similar route he beat Alexander on. Alexander also perfectly read a Sammy Watkins slant for a PBU. Did push-ups for dropping the INT. Fun to watch both 87 and 23 in action today.

Ryan Wood
Eric Stokes has given up some catches in camp, but he showed why he was such a tough cover as rookie jamming Sammy Watkins at LOS. Had Watkins so out of sorts, he forced drop on slant. Stokes also covered good stutter-go route vs Watkins. Impressive blend of speed and toughness.

Andy Herman
Wyatt works hard for a pressure.

Clark probably would have drawn a holding penalty on a pass rush off play action. This dl is balling right now.

Jarran Reed with another stop at the line of scrimmage. Campbell there as well.

Andy Herman
Rodgers tries to hit Rodgers deep. Douglas with tight coverage but 8 had a chance along the sidelines. Falls incomplete. Would have been a very difficult catch.

Love throws a pick right to Krys Barnes. No idea what he was looking at there.

Ryan Wood
Jaire Alexander with a rare nickel rep. Blitzed Aaron Rodgers from the slot and forced an incompletion. Next rep, Alexander moved back outside with Rasul Douglas at nickel and forced an incompletion on deep ball from Aaron Rodgers.

Andy Herman
Preston Smith busts through a double team for a pressure on 12.

Now Garvin screams off the edge for a pressure.

Looks like Gafford got his ankle taped and is now back practicing. Good to see.

Ryan Wood
Vernon Scott has been getting first-team reps at safety with Darnell Savage not practicing because of the hamstring injury. The #Packers third safety job behind Adrian Amos abs Savage is still up for grabs, but Scott getting a look there right now.

Andy Herman
Breakdown on punt team. Rasul Douglas busts through and likely would have blocked it easily had he not pulled up. O’Donnell shanks it to the side. Douglas with a pressure on the next punt as well as Innis Gaines celebrates Kabion Ento’s speed release as a gunner.

Ryan Wood
Pat O’Donnell a bit all over the place punting on a chilly, wet day:54

37 yards, N/A hang
43, 3.47
56, 4.56
63, 4.50
45, 4.40
33, 3.09
53, 4.56
54, 4.56
52, 4.50 (TB)
43, 4.35 (downed at 5)

Mike Spofford
Rodgers slips tight throw in to Winfree on crosser vs Douglas and Winfree makes sliding catch, much to Douglas’ chagrin. #PackersCamp

Mike Spofford
Rodgers beats Campbell’s inside blitz with hot read throw to Lazard in the slot. Defense was getting better of things earlier but offense trying to turn the tide.

Rob Demovsky
LaDarius Hamilton is making a strong case for the No. 3 OLB spot. Two sacks, a pressure and a TFL in team periods so far today.

Andy Herman
2 min drill - 1 min - down 7 - own 30 - 1 timeout.

Checkdown Dillon - clock ticks
Out route to Watkins and out of bounds
Screen to Dillon out of bounds
Lazard over the middle - clock ticks
Doubs does the wrong thing on fake spike and Rodgers signals for a new WR.

Andy Herman
22 secs left. 4th and 2. Ball on opp 40.

Love hits Amari again. Clock ticks.

Ryan Wood
Packers defense has won a lot of days in camp. Today might have been their most dominant. The defense just closed practice pitching a shutout on a pair of 2-minute drills. Aaron Rodgers was rendered to heaving a pair of Hail Marys at the end.

Spike.

9 seconds left. Ball on 28ish.

Complete short to Hyman who gets out. 1 play left.

Keisean Nixon game winning INT off love to end it.

Andy Herman
Players of the day:

Jarran Reed
Jaire Alexander
La’Darius Hamilton

texaspackerbacker
08-08-2022, 04:12 PM
Good Reading as always. Thanks.

Joemailman
08-08-2022, 06:51 PM
FWIW, Packers have released a depth chart.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FZrAqJIXoAEt-de?format=jpg&name=large

Joemailman
08-08-2022, 07:00 PM
Things that surprised me a little bit:

Jake Hanson starting RG and Newman starting RT.

Dominique Daffney ahead of Tyler Davis at TE.

Tyler Goodson ahead of Patrick Taylor at RB.

LaDarius Hamilton 3rd team. He's been playing well.

Shemar Jean-Charles ahead of Keisean Nixon. Might be injury related.

Innis Gaines ahead of Shawn Davis.

Upnorth
08-09-2022, 12:15 AM
Amari not listed as wr, on st...

HarveyWallbangers
08-09-2022, 02:33 AM
Amari not listed as wr, on st...

He's listed as Cobb's backup.

Sparkey
08-09-2022, 09:29 AM
That depth chart looks about right, prior to first preseason game.

All those guys on the far right are on the outside looking in at the moment. Then you have the PUP guys that are not even listed yet. 5 or six of those guys will make the roster and a few others will earn PS spots. I really like the depth on the roster, top to bottom.

Fritz
08-09-2022, 10:28 AM
I am so excited about this defense. They have speed, speed, speed, and seem to be well-coached. They are flying all over. I love it.

I expect the offense will take a long time to work out the kinks, and I expect both that the defense will carry them for a while and that LeFleur will call a conservative offense until it gets its sea legs.

call_me_ishmael
08-09-2022, 11:19 AM
Aside from Doub-step, who is the surprise of camp? I feel like I'm just not as into as I am in years past. I used to love camp and would get so juiced up for it.

Joemailman
08-09-2022, 11:56 AM
Not really a lot of big surprises. At RB Tyler Goodson has had some good moments. Zach Tom is in the mix at RT. Jake Hanson is getting starting reps at RG. LaDarius Hamilton has been good lately at Edge. Vernon Scott is getting starting reps at safety with Savage out. T.J. Slaton looks to be better at NT.

HarveyWallbangers
08-09-2022, 12:00 PM
Yosh, Jarran Reed, Devonte Wyatt since they put on pads, Slaton, Quay Walker, Ladarius Hamilton, Rico Gafford seem to be some standouts.

Dillon, Gary, and Jaire have looked like studs.

https://packerswire.usatoday.com/lists/10-players-trending-up-so-far-at-packers-training-camp/

Sparkey
08-09-2022, 01:11 PM
Reed was a depth add but looks like he is a "find" TJ Slaton is making noise.

The Dline could go from a ? to being very VERY GOOD this season.

RashanGary
08-09-2022, 01:27 PM
I wonder if they’re gonna start Romeo Doubs on week 1. Or wait till Watkins gets injured. I expect 50 catches and 750 yards out of Doubs this year.

bobblehead
08-09-2022, 01:28 PM

Without seeing a damn thing, and going only off what I have read, here is my gut.

Nijman, Jenkins, Meyers, Runyan, Tom start the season. But there have been puff pieces about Hansen and Newman having added strength and looking good as well. What if Bakhtiari is healthy enough to start. So much can happen.

I'm not concerned about Gary wrecking practices. He is a bona fide stud at this point and I want those guys facing him daily. Our DL is down right elite at this point. Remember, wyatt is 23, not 21 like Clark was. Seriously, put Wyatt, Clark, and Reed on the field together with gary and preston on the edge and I pity any OL.

The OL could go 20 different ways to be honest. My ideal by playoffs is Bak, Runyan, Myers, Tom, Jenkins. But there are a lot of variations I can live with. What I will hunt down and hurt MiLF for though is if Nijman plays solid for 8 weeks and then we replace him in the playoffs. I've seen that movie twice and it sucked both times.

bobblehead
08-09-2022, 01:31 PM
Nope. R E L A X. Don't Panic.

First of all, the D really IS that good, it's not bad O. Secondly, whenever it isn't Aaron Rodgers at QB, the Packers O is ordinary at best ...... but barring injury, it ain't gonna be without Rodgers when the real games start. Secondly, I think Rodgers either by instruction of the coaches or on his own plays a little looser/less careful in practice - more like the way opposing QBs play. Thirdly, they probably are just being hyper-cautious and/or experimenting with personnel - Hanson, Tom, Rhyan, etc. Bakhtiari and/or Jenkins probably WILL be available by the start of the regular season, and Fourthly, O Line just isn't that important anyway. With Rodgers and with mediocrity in the O Line, we still beat just about anybody just about anytime.

When Rodgers was hurt and we started Hundly we ran the ball with absolute authority. The OLine was really good. Then he came back and either he or M3 forgot that running was an option and Carolina destroyed us. Your theory that Rodgers is awesome without an OLine has been disproven so many times its not worth fighting you anymore.

bobblehead
08-09-2022, 01:42 PM
Trick of the camera. Tom and Runyan (#76) were the exact same height at the combine. He weighed 304 at the combine. Runyan was 306. Bakhtiari was the same height and weighed 299. Tom ideally wants to probably get up in the 310 area, (Bakhtiari is 310) but I think he can get by for this year.

That camera plays a lot of tricks since he has looked smaller than other OL every time I see him. And Baktiari is 310 like I'm 185. I would put a c note down that says he goes 325 at this point.

bobblehead
08-09-2022, 01:49 PM
I am so excited about this defense. They have speed, speed, speed, and seem to be well-coached. They are flying all over. I love it.

I expect the offense will take a long time to work out the kinks, and I expect both that the defense will carry them for a while and that LeFleur will call a conservative offense until it gets its sea legs.

This is the best front 7 since Reggie White played. And the backend is damn good too.

bobblehead
08-09-2022, 01:51 PM
Reed was a depth add but looks like he is a "find" TJ Slaton is making noise.

The Dline could go from a ? to being very VERY GOOD this season.

Go watch the Rodgers out with Covid game vs. KC last year. Reed was living in Love's lap the entire game.

bobblehead
08-09-2022, 01:51 PM
I wonder if they’re gonna start Romeo Doubs on week 1. Or wait till Watkins gets injured. I expect 50 catches and 750 yards out of Doubs this year.

So week 1 or week 3?

RashanGary
08-09-2022, 06:39 PM
We know what we have in Clark, Lowry and Reed. Clark is a really good player. Lowry and Reed are good players.

You draft a 24 year old rookie in the first round, you do it knowing there isn’t as much room for growth. So you draft that guy feeling like he’s gonna be good right now. I fully expect Wyatt to be a damn good rookie.

And then we have Slaton. He made it on the field as a rookie and looked pretty good. If he’s made a big jump, that 5th spot is huge. It means we have 5 guys to rotate around and always be fresh. Slaton is a big wild card and I’m hoping for big things out of the big guy.

If our DL is as good as it looks on paper, holy shit. It’s gonna be a fun year to watch defense.

RashanGary
08-09-2022, 06:40 PM
I go through the pictures on packers.com. Slaton looks to be in good shape. For 330 he looks damn fit.

Joemailman
08-09-2022, 09:14 PM
I go through the pictures on packers.com. Slaton looks to be in good shape. For 330 he looks damn fit.

He was available in the 5th round because in college he let his weight get up to 360+. He's a beast at 330.

call_me_ishmael
08-09-2022, 11:01 PM
The prediction I made on here about Watkins not making the team is starting to pick up buzz on Packers twitter. I guess I just don't see a spot for him. What, is he gonna be the 6th receiver? Where is the special teams? I think he gets cut.

RashanGary
08-10-2022, 10:13 AM
How many sacks you guys think Wyatt gets? I’m gonna guess 4. 4 each for Wyatt, Lowry and Reed. Plus 7 from Kenny. And 1 from Slaton. That’s 20 sacks from the DL!!

RashanGary
08-10-2022, 10:15 AM
The prediction I made on here about Watkins not making the team is starting to pick up buzz on Packers twitter. I guess I just don't see a spot for him. What, is he gonna be the 6th receiver? Where is the special teams? I think he gets cut.

If Amari takes a big step, I can see Cobb cut. If Doubs is the real deal AND Winfree, Watkins looks like a wasted spot. He gets cut. I could see either or both cut. Probably more likely to be Watkins.

texaspackerbacker
08-10-2022, 11:22 AM
[QUOTE=RashanGary;1118067]How many sacks you guys think Wyatt gets?

That seems high for Lowery. Other than that, it sounds about right - maybe more for Wyatt and Reed and a little less for Clark, because I think Clark still gets the most attention by blockers.

bobblehead
08-10-2022, 12:16 PM

I can't say you are wrong. I don't see it happening though. I just think Rodgers will clamor for keeping a vet like Watkins. It won't matter too much anyway if we can stash a couple on the practice squad to come up by week 6 when watkins is nursing a torn vagina.

bobblehead
08-10-2022, 12:17 PM
How many sacks you guys think Wyatt gets? I’m gonna guess 4. 4 each for Wyatt, Lowry and Reed. Plus 7 from Kenny. And 1 from Slaton. That’s 20 sacks from the DL!!

Its so hard to predict because a lot of it has to do on how teams scheme. I would think doubling/chipping Gary is first choice for most teams. Next would be clark. Then the question is, who gets to the QB first among Preston, Reed, Wyatt?

Joemailman
08-10-2022, 03:06 PM
Andy Herman
Offensive line must have heard all the talk about the dl. Really nice blocking to spring Jones for a big run up the middle on the first play.

Andy Herman
Vernon Scott back with the ones at safety.

Jonathan Garvin with some very early reps with the 1s.

Gary comes unblocked on an attempted screen play. It did not work.

Zach Tom back in at RT now with Newman at RG and line opens another big hole this time for Dillon.

Andy Herman
Fake end around works well as Rodgers finds a leaping Juwann Winfree for a nice completion. Shawn Davis in coverage. Rodgers had high praise for Winfree yesterday.

Andy Herman
Packers o-line is feisty this morning. Jones, Dillon and Taylor all with nice runs up the middle. Offense starting strong today.

Ryan Wood
Jordan Love tries to split double coverage between Shawn Davis and Kiondre Thomas while rolling right, but cant get his pass over Davis. His first pick of the day. A flag down in defensive backfield though.

Matt Schneidman
Didnt see what caused it, but Rashan Gary just came in HOT and shoved TE Alize Mack with some force.

No punches thrown and cooler heads have now prevailed.

Andy Herman
Rashan Gary just went right through Royce Newman. No resistance, pure power from 52.

Better from Newman on the next rep but coverage forces 12 to scramble.

Lazard/Winfree/Doubs/Watkins the WRs with the 1s group today. All other WRs down with the 2s. (Cobb out today).

Ryan Wood

Aaron Rodgers hard count draws a free play with an offside from the defense. Play ends in a deep-shot incompletion, but Rodgers slaps fives with Yosh Nijman and Jake Hanson for holding their ground. Good moment for a struggling offensive line.

Mike Spofford

Lazard, no surprise, throws nice block on Douglas on the edge to spring Watkins on swing pass to flat. #PackersCamp

Andy Herman
Amari looks so much better returning punts in camp this year. Confident. Decisive. Getting up field and finding good return lanes. Competition between him and Doubs could come down to the end at PR.

Andy Herman
Not sure if Preston is getting some extra team rest off today but Garvin has been with the ones.

Rodgers fools everyone with a read option for a nice gain. Didn’t see that one coming.

Andy Herman
Garvin, Quay, and Tipa swarm a run play.

Couple nice completions from Rodgers to Deguara.

Absolute blanket coverage from Stokes on Winfree on a deep ball. Would have liked to see Stokes get his head turned sooner but there was no separation.

Andy Herman
Rodgers fires high for Lazard and had Vernon Scott gets his fingertips on it. Falls incomplete.

Now Rodgers fires high for Doubs and it’s picked by Shawn Davis. His second pick of the day already.

Mike Spofford
Deguara with 2 good grabs from Rodgers. Then deep shot for Winfree denied by Stokes in end zone. Play-action bullet for Lazard a tad off target, almost picked by Scott. Another high pass for Doubs is picked by diving Davis but replay would have to confirm it didn’t hit ground.

Andy Herman
Two mammoth men doing battle. Caleb Jones vs Jonathan Ford. Ford wins this round and sheds the power block from Jones to make the stop at the line. Fun battle and big play by Ford.

Andy Herman
Great pass pro by Josh Myers on Kenny Clark. Meanwhile DeVondre Campbell runs stride for stride down the field with Josiah Deguara and bats away the ball on a deep wheel. Big time lb play by 59.

Mike Spofford
Alexander falls down, Lazard beats him deep and Rodgers is on the money. #PackersCamp

Andy Herman
SJC shuts down Amari on a deep out.

And then SJC shuts down Hyman on a deep out.

Rashan Gary had a big celebration with Slaton for something Slaton did. But while celebrating the offense went no huddle and Slaton almost didnt make it back in time.

Bill Huber
Tyler Goodson with a 23-yard TD from Love in 2-minute. Going for 2 and win, Baylor runs it in.

Andy Herman
Young safeties showing out today. Two picks for Shawn Davis and one for Vernon Scott including two picks of Rodgers and one of Love.

Matt Schneidman
My guess is these guys wont play on Friday. Post-practice huddle with LaFleur and Lazard, Campbell, Clark, Crosby, Watkins, Jenkins, Cobb, Jones, Dillon, Amos, Smith, Savage, Alexander, Gary, Stokes, Douglas, Lewis, Tonyan, Rodgers, Lowry, Bakhtiari and Reed..

RashanGary
08-10-2022, 04:55 PM
Jordan Love has really started to come on. I’m interested to see him play this preseason.

Tom Clements is an old school fundamentals guy. Rodgers says Love is getting harped on a lot with the details. And it’s starting to show with his consistency.

Let’s hope for a big preseason out of Love. Maybe we can trade him for a second next off season if he tears it up. Or maybe Rodgers retires and Love ends up being the guy.

Bretsky
08-10-2022, 07:39 PM
[QUOTE=RashanGary;1118082]Jordan Love has really started to come on. I

Bretsky
08-10-2022, 07:40 PM
I know some in here bag on Wilde, but imo he gets 2x the info anybody in here does and is the closest thing to acccurate Packer reporting we have.

He's said over and over Love was really fallling short of expectations the past two years. He talked about flashing excellence. Noted while AROD didn't look good in years one or two you could see it. Yesterday as he was watching practice he was reporting that Love has taken huge strides this year. He's flashed some, but some of his throws are way off. Wilde sees him as something that can possibly develop and be functional. He's still not comfortable with him as a backup for any time period, but notes he's shown tremendous improvement. I hope Love KILLS it this offseason and a QB gets injured and we can unload him. QB's are supposed to be loaded in next year's draft. OF COURSE, other teams know that too so even if Love does play well the other teams still know next year is the year to get a QB in the draft.

Other ongoing discussions with Wilde and Tausch:

Incredibly concerned with OL; even Matty callled in Leaky and he tends to sugarcoat. They are probably more concerned with the OL than they are with our receiving core.

Defense has really dominated the offense at times.

Severe Severe talent deficiency after our top 2 OLB's so need to pray neither get hurt.

Hands down the most talented defense we have had in a long time.

they feel it's clear Matty wants to play AROD some in the pre season to get some chemistry with his receivers and the OL. He recognized how bad the offense was game one last year and may attribute that at least partially due to no preseason time. But in listening to AROD, he places absolutely no value on taking a snap in the preseason. Wilde and Tausch noted since GUTEGATE Rodgers has pretty much got 100% of what he wants. They don't think AROD will play much if at all in the preseason cause he doesn't want to. It was interesting to compare AROD's mentality with Tom Brady's regarding the preseason as well. Brady expects and uses the preseason as reps to prepare for game one, and he's goes out there with the same mindframe/intensity/loudness...etc he would in a preseason game. NO right or wrong, they note......but the mentality is complete opposites.

They are just fabulous to listen to.

Oh, one other misc thing. They noted AROD hired Clements, and TC has been fabulous for both Erin and the LoveMachine

RashanGary
08-10-2022, 09:37 PM
It’s good for a coach to be so strict on fundamentals at this point in Love’s career. If he can’t play in real games and get better that way, at least he can build a base that allows him to be consistently accurate with the ball.

I’m sure it’s boring to work on footwork all of the time, but it’s a big deal.

I still have hope for Love. The times I’ve seen him, I’ve always come away saying that he showed just enough to keep hope alive. I hope he shows a lot more this time. I hope he shows enough to build excitement.

Anti-Polar Bear
08-11-2022, 12:39 AM
I still have hope for Love.

I, too, still am holding out hope for love, even with 40 on the horizon. Unfortunately, I still flip burgers for the minimum wage. I could work out 7 days a week, look like Brad Pitt in his 30’s, and chick would still find me unattractive. Chicks dig frogskins and I ain’t got any.

O well. If Tex could find love (again) in his 50’s, maybe I could, too.

Btw, is there a Black Yokozuna Bobble ain’t like? Dude has been digging Josh Newman (?). Now he’s digging Tom Zach. Probably dug Kevin Barry before anyone had ever heard of the U-71 offense.

Btw 2, If anyone took the time to read my “Mastery Mockery of a Grade,” she’d notice that me dashing about Doub outperforming Watson. Never ever question moi football intellect again, yo!

RashanGary
08-11-2022, 10:24 AM
Bretsky, if Rodgers retires after this season and Love is a really good player, would you backtrack and say it was a good pick in hindsight??

texaspackerbacker
08-11-2022, 05:15 PM
Actually, it was sixties, APB.

The primary things I will be looking for in the game considering so many not playing will be roughly in order: 1. Run D - I think Wyatt and Walker are playing, right? Maybe Reed and Slaton too. 2. Who will show Pass D skill with the top three Corners and starting Safeties not playing. 3. Whether or not Love really does look legit like some are saying. 4. Receivers - Doubs, Toure, Winfrey, T. Davis, DeGuara, Amari 5. Goodson and maybe Dexter Williams 6. Brkic - whether there is any hope for him in post-Crosby years. 6. Who stands out in the O Line, particularly in run blocking

The problem I see with Tom as an O Lineman is not enough junk in the trunk to be a good "yokozuma". I want to see Rhyan the Road Grader look good.

smuggler
08-11-2022, 05:31 PM
I'd rather have a player play well than look good. So far, the former is Tom and the latter is Rhyan.

Bretsky
08-11-2022, 09:22 PM
Bretsky, if Rodgers retires after this season and Love is a really good player, would you backtrack and say it was a good pick in hindsight??

"Define" really good player ? Pro Bowler ?

If you really wanna dig dirt on me pre draft I didn't dislike Jordan Love. But I did hate Green Bay giving up a 1ss AND a 4th round pick to move up to get him. Even since then I've had a jaded view of him.

I probably would not have embraced using round one on a QB when I've been calling for a legitimate #2 WR for some time. But the trade up to me was just garbage.

Love sucked year one; Love sucked year two. He's a first round draft pick. He's supposed to be well above average year 3. I'm happy, from the sounds of it, that he continues to progress and I just hope he keeps getting better.

Now let's say he's a legit top 10 QB; let's say he wins us a Super Bowl. I would absolutely backtrack and say it was a good pick and I hope I do. But more than likely, that's not going to happen. So I just hope he shows enough to maybe get us a round 2 pick next year, and then maybe we reset things next year and draft a QB.

Bretsky
08-11-2022, 09:24 PM

IF Rodgers retires after this year, what happens to his contract ? Is he walking away from the money, or do we still have to pay him the other 100 MIL ?

call_me_ishmael
08-11-2022, 10:30 PM
IF Rodgers retires after this year, what happens to his contract ? Is he walking away from the money, or do we still have to pay him the other 100 MIL ?

He described it on something recently as a one year, a two year, and a one year all in one. So I assume that he would not get the entire 100M. Man I cannot remember where I heard him say that, it was some interview.

SudsMcBucky
08-12-2022, 09:02 AM
He described it on something recently as a one year, a two year, and a one year all in one. So I assume that he would not get the entire 100M. Man I cannot remember where I heard him say that, it was some interview.

Was A-Rod under the influence of ayahuasca at the time?

Upnorth
08-12-2022, 09:06 AM
[QUOTE=RashanGary;1118082]Jordan Love has really started to come on. I

RashanGary
08-12-2022, 09:15 AM
Tyler Dunne just did a story on Kenny Clark having a great off season and being in even better shape. I couldn’t read the whole thing cuz it’s a pay site. I only pay in the draft season for McGinn.

If Clark has taken a step forward, that will be fun to watch. Clark and Gary! YES!!!

Upnorth
08-12-2022, 11:25 AM
I don't understand the desire to unload love. If he looks good to very good this offseason we need to keep him. Qbs are a massive crap shoot and we pick late. Rodgers likely is done here in 3 years. If love is good you need that. In a year or 2 we draft his backup. And right now we need a backup, 12 has missed 6+ games in 3 different seasons.
Be pissed we spent a 1st and 4th on love but that is a sunk cost. Trading love for a 2nd if he is good would double down on a bad decision and add to the problem not help it.

If love is garbage get rid of him, but with Clements he is looking better and better. 2 wrongs don't make a right.

texaspackerbacker
08-12-2022, 12:19 PM
Practice without hitting is way too early to say one way or the other about Love. I remember one of his big plays - to Toure, he was just about to get clobbered but Wyatt or whoever pulled up at the last second. If he looks good in these preseason games, then maybe we can come to a conclusion.

As for the logic of unloading him if he looks good, there is good - a level of maybe 7 or 8 out of 10 being about the most you can expect of him, and then there is Aaron Rodgers who is damn near a perfect 10 over the course of a season. It's an absolute sure thing that Love will be a serious come down from Rodgers, even if he is say Kirk Cousins level good.

This year, for the first time, the Packers have reached a quality level where IMO there is a little bit of hope they could be near the top of the league with somebody good but not Aaron Rodgers level of good.

If Love is good mainly because of Clement's coaching, you can assume a lot of future QB prospects would be that good, maybe better than Love. If that's the case, unload him when the market value is highest for him - maybe a second rounder.

The bottom line? Here we are not even to the first preseason game, and some panicky people are what iffing about Rodgers retiring. The best case - and I HOPE the most likely case - is that Rodgers plays another 3, 4, 5 maybe even more years. He said he couldn't see himself playing at 45 like Brady; Well, I'm fairly sure he could, and hopefully as he gets closer to that, he will want to also.

Joemailman
08-14-2022, 04:25 PM
Andy Herman
Zach Tom getting some work at left guard for JRJ. That’s interesting. Runyan doesnt look hurt. Will keep an eye on it.

Mike Spofford
Slick pass and fingertip grab by Big Dog vs Campbells coverage on short route in 11-on-11. First units taking bulk of team reps today at #PackersCamp after sitting out Fridays game.

The Packers Wire
Huge news: Elgton Jenkins, Robert Tonyan and Christian Watson are all coming off the PUP list for the Packers on Sunday.

Andy Herman
Samori Toure finds some nice separation on an intermediate crossing route. Love underthrows it a bit but Toure adjusts for a sliding catch. Nixon in coverage.

Andy Herman
Man these linebackers are fasssstttt. De’Vondre all over an outside run by Jones. Been the same thing all camp with Campbell & Quay flying to the sidelines.

Not just outside - Campbell stuffs a Dillon run inside too. Campbell has had a GREAT camp

Andy Herman
Nice cut by Jones. Doesnt matter - Clark eats it up inside.

Rodgers hits Lazard over the middle then Cobb over the middle for nice gains. Offense running up tempo right now.

Runyan is back with ones at LG.

Ryan Wood
AJ Dillon with a nifty, one-handed catch on a bubble pass from Aaron Rodgers thrown behind him. Turned to adjust, and the back just stuck in his left hand. He wasn’t supposed to make those kinds of plays out of Boston College. Impressive.

Andy Herman
A collision between Dillon and Quay. Nothing malicious, just two players going hard. Lazard didn’t seem too happy with the play by 7 tho. Alexander backed up his man.

Meanwhile Rodgers is dealing over the middle - hits Tyler Davis in stride.

The Packers Wire
Due to an injury, the Packers had to swap kickers on the 90-man roster. Gabe Brkic was released, while Ramiz Ahmed was signed.

The Packers Wire
Coach Matt LaFleur said Packers S Dallin Leavitt is expected to be out a while after injuring his shoulder against the 49ers.

Wes Hodkiewicz
Pressure might have gotten home but Amari Rodgers did a nice job on the scramble drill to find space for Aaron Rodgers to find him down field

Andy Herman
Enagabare with a key pressure on 4th down against Newman but Rodgers fades away and throws up a prayer that Aaron Jones answers as he skies for a massive, clutch catch. Wow play from Jones. Whole offense explodes in celebration.

Matt Schneidman
Kingsley Enagbare was in Aaron Rodgers face three times during that two-minute drill..

RashanGary
08-14-2022, 06:32 PM
Kinglsey Enagbare in Rodgers face three times. Would be nice to hit on a 4th round edge.

Joemailman
08-14-2022, 07:59 PM
Kinglsey Enagbare in Rodgers face three times. Would be nice to hit on a 4th round edge.

5th round, but who's counting? He has a good game Friday night too. Both him and Sean Rhyan starting to improve after slow starts.

Joemailman
08-14-2022, 08:22 PM
Matt Schneidman

Robert Tonyan said he needs to get hit to really feel like hes back: "Rashan Gary, he’s the only person I wouldn’t let hit me. Everyone else Ill let hit me."

:tup:

RashanGary
08-14-2022, 09:18 PM
5th round, but who's counting? He has a good game Friday night too. Both him and Sean Rhyan starting to improve after slow starts.

Rhyan switched spots. Plus he’s 21 years old. It might take him a bit.

MadScientist
08-14-2022, 09:37 PM
The Packers Wire
Due to an injury, the Packers had to swap kickers on the 90-man roster. Gabe Brkic was released, while Ramiz Ahmed was signed.
Due to Brkic's sucking in the game more likely. Hard to keep a guy who shanks a short field goal that bad.

Joemailman
08-14-2022, 11:08 PM
Due to Brkic's sucking in the game more likely. Hard to keep a guy who shanks a short field goal that bad.

I'll cut the guy a break. He has a hamstring injury. I suspect the injury affected the kick, or perhaps occurred during the kick.

run pMc
08-15-2022, 08:30 AM
Hurt his hamstring during warmups allegedly. Brkic is officially Packer people.

run pMc
08-15-2022, 08:34 AM
Jenkins and Tonyan off the PUP is big news and a little surprising. Jenkins must be way ahead of schedule.
Looked like he was in RT stance, so I'd bet that's where they want to play him. Until Bahk comes back you have a serviceable tandem in Njiman and Jenkins at tackle.

The OL played decent on Friday, but Week 1 you know ZaDarius is gonna be hyped to chase after Rodgers. They need all the good players they can get.
A bad OL gets Rodgers hurt which means we have a backup QB playing. Rather not see that happen.

texaspackerbacker
08-15-2022, 09:41 AM
Jenkins will help; Tonyan will help more; But the really big deal is getting Watson back.

Rodgers will avoid the pass rush and throw with success like he has his whole career with mediocre O Line blocking.

George Cumby
08-15-2022, 12:13 PM
"Rashan Gary, he’s the only person I wouldn’t let hit me. Everyone else Ill let hit me."

Now THAT, is a true compliment.

Joemailman
08-15-2022, 01:26 PM
Packers cut Randy Ramsey. Missed all of last year with leg/ankle injury and the ankle was still a problem this year.

Joemailman
08-15-2022, 01:42 PM
Just a jog thru, but good news.

Mike Spofford

No. 1 OL in 11-on-11 jog thru today starts with, L to R: Nijman, Runyan, Myers, Newman, Jenkins. #PackersCamp

ThunderDan
08-15-2022, 03:55 PM
So we should be really worried about Bacteria at this point? Of course, the "good" news in that tweet is that Jenkins went to RT not LT. So... the Pack is expecting Bakh back and to plug him in at LT?

Joemailman
08-15-2022, 05:46 PM
So we should be really worried about Bacteria at this point? Of course, the "good" news in that tweet is that Jenkins went to RT not LT. So... the Pack is expecting Bakh back and to plug him in at LT?

Not necessarily. If Bakh is not back, they might leave Jenkins at RT and play Yosh at LT.

run pMc
08-16-2022, 07:36 AM
Not necessarily. If Bakh is not back, they might leave Jenkins at RT and play Yosh at LT.

I think this is what they do. Long term Bahk returns and Jenkins is entrenched already. Will be interesting to see who the RG is.

Joemailman
08-16-2022, 01:10 PM
Andy Herman
Starting OL - Yosh - JRJ - Myers - Hanson - Newman

Watkins - Lazard - Lewis - Cobb - Jones - Rodgers round out the starters.

Jones gets stuffed on first play.

Wes Hodkiewicz
Romeo Doubs forcing the DPI on first pass against Lattimore

Mike Spofford
Chris Olave catches a deep out from Dalton vs Eric Stokes along the far sideline. Good timing by Saints vs #Packers

Mike Spofford
Preston Smith in good position on Kamara for checkdown in flat. Then Kenny Clark meets Kamara behind the line to wreck a run.
#Packers

Andy Herman
Jordan Love finds Tyler Davis in stride on a crosser.

Rodgers tries to No look Lazard in the flat but its off target.

Cameron Jordan doing Cameron Jordan things and busting through the OL for a stuff of Dillon.

Andy Herman
@AndyHermanNFL
Lazard comes open on a deep crosser that Rodgers hits but looks like there was a penalty on the offense - possibly OPI.

Holding on Winfree (seemed a bit weak) but a nice swing pass to Jones comes back.

Pressure on Love forces a quick incompletion.

Andy Herman
Packers offense off to a rough start. Two false starts, hold, and a possible OPI. Not doing much against the Saints defense.

Nice cut by Dexter Williams but not much doing.

Andddd another false start. Brutal.

Andy Herman
Watching some defense now. Jarran Reed and Rashan Gary meet at the QB to force a checkdown.

Douglas pbu on a pass attended for Landry. Nice play by 29.

The entire front collapses the pocket but credit Preston with the sack. Reed, Clark, Gary the others.

Andy Herman
Kamara drops a pass, ball ricochets in the air and Trautman comes down with it.

Lowry busts through the line, Dalton throws one 10 yards over the head of Thomas.

Rodgers and Winfree not on the same page along the sidelines.

McDuffie all over a Landry crosser. Hes been great.

Andy Herman
Rodgers misses Watkins badly - he had a step.

Kobe Jones and Devonte Wyatt combine for a sack. Give the nod to Jones.

Quay Walker comes off the edge and forced a hold on Ramczyk - Quay still would have got the sack. Wow play for Quay.

Love throws a pick on the other side.

Andy Herman
The Saints OL has had no answers for the Packers front. Immediately surround Dalton here and tip the ball at the line.

Love to Hyman for a nice pickup.

Dalton is struggling. He misses Thomas again - solid coverage by Douglas.

Defenses are absolutely dominating both sides early

Ryan Wood
Jordan Love tries to hit Malik Taylor deep down the left sideline on third & 9, but his pass is under thrown. Saints CB Bradley Roby picks it. Its been all Saints defense early.

Mike Spofford
Quay Walker draws a hold on an inside blitz for #Packers. Then Lowry bats down a pass at the line, his specialty. Douglas all over Thomas on another high sideline throw and the woofing continues. And Taysom Hill drops an open cross over the middle.

Mike Spofford
Shawn Davis picks Ian Book for the twos. #Packers D in command that period.

Tom Silverstein

#Packers defense bringing it vs. Saints and CB Rasul Douglas is letting them know all about it. The drill was weighted toward the defense, but the Packers had good pressure on Andy Dalton. Douglas was screaming at the #Saints side for testing him, including a breakup vs. J Landry

Ryan Wood
#Packers using Eric Stokes and Rasul Douglas as perimeter blockers on punt return.

Mike Spofford
Preston Smith gets in the backfield for another sack. Jarran Reed with a run stop at LOS. False start on Saints, who then take shallow cross on third & long. #Packers first D with another good sequence.

Andy Herman
Quay Walker finding out that Alvin Kamara is not a fun matchup. Beautiful route by Kamara to get open outside for a touchdown.

Ryan Wood
Romeo Doubs with a nice catch on an out route to the right sideline from Aaron Rodgers. Got both feet in. Can’t keep the rookie from making a play in a practice.

Andy Herman
Enagbare getting in on the sack party. It has been insane to watch the pressure this defense is getting. It’s become a shock when they aren’t in the backfield.

Wes Hodkiewicz
Good protection buys Love time and he finds Winfree for the last TD of red zone

Andy Herman
Kamara with a couple nice runs back to back.

Rodgers hits Watkins deep for a huge play along the sidelines.

Thomas actually gets a catch on Jaire. Super rare. Quick in breaker and Jaire was still all over it.

Andy Herman
A few minutes ago Rashan Gary walked into the Hutson center. No reason to panic yet - could very well be nothing - and he didn’t seem hurt - but he has yet to re-emerge.

Ryan Wood
Romeo Doubs toasts Saints CB Bradley Roby deep down the right sideline, but the #Packers rookie drops a perfect ball from Aaron Rodgers. Oof.

Matt Schneidman
Saints O got a couple plays rolling there. Really good coverage by Jaire, even better catch by Thomas.

Mike Spofford
Nothing doing for Saints QB Book on zone read vs Enagbare. #Packers edge defender stayed home. Book responds with strong throw over middle to Smith for nice gain.

Mike Spofford
Taysom Hill ends that stretch on a plus note for Saints twos, making contested catch over middle vs Thomas. Tough grab. #Packers

Andy Herman
Sammy Watkins with an outstretched catch over the middle. His best day of camp but it gets called back on what we think is a holding penalty.

Holy shit what a catch by Lazard with CJ Gardner Johnson in coverage. An absolute beast mode leaping catch by 13.

Andy Herman
Dillon nice run up the middle. The offensive line has settled down nicely today.

Rodgers tries to hit Tyler Davis on a slant but not on the same page and ball hits Marcus Maye low but in the hands. Falls Incomplete.

Pressure by Saints leads to a Rodgers throwaway.

Matt Schneidman
Jaire Alexander locks up Michael Thomas over the middle on third down during two minute for the PBU to force a punt. Jaire, Rasul Douglas and Eric Stokes just turned up in the middle of the field.

Rob Demovsky
Rashan Gary was getting checked out by the medical staff and now is not doing 2-minute. He does still have a helmet on but Kobe Jones took his place at left OLB..

Joemailman
08-16-2022, 01:25 PM
Tom Silverstein

FWIW, Gary had two fingers wrapped up as he left. Not sure if he came in that way or that’s the injury. Either way, he was not in distress or acting like he was injured. Hung around after practice for awhile.

Freak Out
08-16-2022, 07:44 PM
Thanks Mailman.

Joemailman
08-16-2022, 07:50 PM
Thanks Mailman.

Even though I'm retired, I still deliver.

Fritz
08-17-2022, 09:28 AM
That's what your wife says about you, Joe.

Anyway, I add my thanks for your work here. The info is good, really good.

Big news seems to be whether Rashan Gary is injured.

Sounds like defenses are ahead, as is expected, but it also sounds like the Packer defense is crazy good. I am so excited for watching this team this year.

Joemailman
08-17-2022, 10:06 AM
MLF said Gary will be practicing today.

Fritz
08-17-2022, 10:42 AM
Packer Nation breathes a collective sigh of relief.

run pMc
08-17-2022, 12:10 PM
Sorry Tex
https://www.acmepackingcompany.com/2022/8/17/23309906/packers-release-wide-receiver-malik-taylor-amid-shoulder-injury

Joemailman
08-17-2022, 12:34 PM
Andy Herman
Another day of Nijman - JRJ - Myers - Hanson - Newman

Rodgers, Lazard, Davis, Jones, Watkins, Deguara the other starters.

Andy Herman
Very first play of offense and another penalty. Tyler Davis jumps. Major issues yesterday.

Rodgers overthrows Lazard on an intermediate crosser. Well off target.

Jones run behind Hanson/Newman - nothing doing.

Andy Herman
And weve got a major fight between Packers defense and Saints offense. No idea what happened. Sides clear quickly.

Andy Herman
Nice run by Dillon off the right side.

Marcus Maye picks off Rodgers on a deep post to Doubs. Ball hung up and no real separation. Good defense.

Andy Herman
Another nice run by Dillon this time off left side. It’s been two nice runs by Dillon and nothing else has worked at all.

Patrick Taylor with a nice little run off a block by Caleb Jones. Taylor finished with a nice stiff arm.

Patrick Taylor stuffed off right tackle.

Ryan Wood
#Packers D picking up where it left off yesterday. Rashan Gary and Preston Smith just blew up Saints tackles to sack Andy Dalton. Tipa Galeai and La’Darius Hamilton did the same a couple snaps earlier. Krys Barnes stuffs RB Tony Jones Jr at the LOS.

This defense flies around.

Andy Herman
Another right side run by the offense, another stuff. Running behind Newman/Tom/Davis not working.

Run left - same result. Nothing doing for the offense so far.

Tyler Goodson run left. Stuffed. Been a roughhhh start.

Andy Herman
Packers first period on offense:

No complete passes
1 interception
1 false start
2 nice Dillon runs
1 solid Taylor run
About 12 runs stuffed at or behind the LOS.

Mike Spofford
Watkins picks up where he left off yesterday, catching corner TD in red zone from Rodgers. Best play for #Packers so far.

Andy Herman
Rodgers sacked in red zone. Give the Saints’ coverage credit.

Cameron Jordan gets around Newman, Rodgers steps up right, throws low and right for Davis who dives but can’t come up with it.

Rodgers slant to Cobb broken up.

Ryan Wood
#Packers defensive line depth is well documented, but Krys Barnes showing they have depth at ILB too. Barnes already has a TFL, PBU and sack today.

Andy Herman
Love with a great ball to Winfree for a touchdown in red zone. Winfree won clean on the route.

Love to a sliding Toure in red zone for a touchdown. Nice job by Love of stepping up in the pocket.

Wes Hodkiewicz
Dalton with a few TD throws in deep red zone. Finds Krull on a crosser

Andy Herman
Rodgers incomplete to Cobb - broken up (still in red zone).

Doubs almost comes down with a phenomenal one handed catch from 12 but it falls incomplete. A bit high and to the left from Rodgers.

Rodgers tries to pump fake but ball comes out incomplete.

MK Burgess
Rodgers to Doubs for the touchdown. Celebration from the #Packers offense

Bill Huber
Saints tight ends make some plays but the pass rush was overwhelming in red zone.

Andy Herman
Love probably would have been sacked but buys time and throws incomplete to Amari.

Love to Doubs for a touchdown on a quick out.

Love was extremely sharp in red zone drills.

Mike Spofford
Love to Toure again on quick out at goal line. #Packers offense very up and down but was much better in red zone than earlier team period.

Bill Huber
Christian Watson in punt return rotation.

Matt Schneidman
Packers O ran 12 plays in red-zone period vs. Saints D. Five resulted in TD passes. Some rough moments, for sure, but Rodgers found Winfree in traffic on a sprint out and Sammy Watkins on a back shoulder for TDs. Jordan Love threw TDs on 3/4 plays (to Winfree, Toure and Doubs).

Ryan Wood
Big run for Saints RB Mark Ingram up the middle of #Packers defense.

Andy Herman
Dillon middle run - short gain.

Slot blitz all over Rodgers. Sack.

Rodgers overthrows Watkins deep. Tough angle but Watkins looked like he had a half step.

Smoke screen to Winfree - saints all over it.

Andy Herman
Play of the day on offense - Rodgers finds Josiah Deguara deep middle over Demario Davis. Great separation by Deguara and a dime by 12.

Andy Herman
Play of the day on offense - Rodgers finds Josiah Deguara deep middle over Demario Davis. Great separation by Deguara and a dime by 12.

Matt Schneidman
One 32-yard completion from Rodgers to Deguara wide open down the middle during move the ball period, but Saints D otherwise putting the clamps on Aaron Rodgers and Co.

Andy Herman
Caleb Jones at RT with the 2s today.

CVL - Tom - Menet - Rhyan - Jones.

Andy Herman
Goodson with an explosive run inside against the 2s.

Love quick throw outside to Hyman for a short pickup.

Love to Mack over the middle, 7-8 yards ish.

Andy Herman
Jarran Reed with another pressure. Saints get a completion for first down. (Short)

Rashan Gary would be sack. Dalton throws it away.

Olave with separation from Jaire for a big gain out of bounds. That rookie can play.

Andy Herman
Dalton incomplete Over the middle. 20 seconds left.

Dalton incomplete again. Looked like Quay was in coverage.

Sack by packers defense. Timeout saints. Looked like Tipa. 11 seconds left.

Ryan Wood
#Packers defense holds thanks to Kobe Jones sack. No points for Saints starting offense in 2-minute drill for second straight day. This time, the Saints at least got a first down.

Andy Herman
Packers number one offense with same two minute drill:

Rodgers to Doubs over the middle. Clock ticks.

Checkdown to Dillon - clock ticks - timeout. Gb to their own 40 - 44 seconds left.

Rodgers to Doubs quick screen good pickup out of bounds.

Wes Hodkiewicz
Rodgers is cooking in two minute - passes to Doubs twice, Dillon and now a 20-yard strike to Watkins in middle

Ryan Wood
#Packers offense, needing a TD, held on 4th & 10 from the 24 — but it’s a win. Romeo Doubs had 2 catches for 18 yards from Aaron Rodgers on the drive.

That’ll earn the trust.

Andy Herman
Saints number twos on the 2 min drill next.

Enagbare shoves the left tackle right back into the QB. That 5th rnd pick is showing out lately.

And Enagbare with a rip move looks like it drew a hold. My lord.

Andy Herman
Packers number twos up next.

Love to Mack outside. Complete and gets out of bounds.

Love to Amari over the middle for a big pickup. Timeout.

Ball at midfield - 56 secs left.

Have a day Jordan Love. Deep ball to Toure touchdown. Beyond awesome pass.

Andy Herman
And Love hits the throw for the 2 point conversion and the win.

No question about this one - Jordan Love the clear player of the day. He was fantastic in red zone and 2 minute..

Joemailman
08-17-2022, 12:42 PM
As previously mentioned, Malik Taylor cut today. He's been injured. Packers might be looking to sign a WR. With Cobb, Watkins and Lazard sitting out, and Watson not playing yet, Packers might be down to 5 WR's Friday night.

RashanGary
08-17-2022, 01:05 PM
Thanks again for the update, Joe. How do you get all those quotes to post so clean like that? Do you have to copy and paste each one? And where do you find them all in a row like that? Damn.

Either way, much appreciated.

So glad Gary is fine.

RashanGary
08-17-2022, 01:06 PM
As previously mentioned, Malik Taylor cut today. He's been injured. Packers might be looking to sign a WR. With Cobb, Watkins and Lazard sitting out, and Watson not playing yet, Packers might be down to 5 WR's Friday night.

Rodgers getting impatient with the young guys. He wants to move the ball and score and these kids are fucking up the system.

RashanGary
08-17-2022, 01:12 PM
Writers saying Love had his best practice ever today. Rodgers said Love has some serious bullshit to sort through with receivers messing up the show in the preseason game. Maybe I spoke too soon about giving up on Love. I’m back to wait and see.

Joemailman
08-17-2022, 01:16 PM
Thanks again for the update, Joe. How do you get all those quotes to post so clean like that? Do you have to copy and paste each one? And where do you find them all in a row like that? Damn.

Either way, much appreciated.

So glad Gary is fine.

So I get them from a twitter list of Packer beat writers. https://twitter.com/i/lists/17403554

I cut and paste the ones I want and make sure there's no apostrophes in there.

bobblehead
08-17-2022, 01:42 PM
[QUOTE=RashanGary;1118364]Writers saying Love had his best practice ever today. Rodgers said Love has some serious bullshit to sort through with receivers messing up the show in the preseason game. Maybe I spoke too soon about giving up on Love. I

Joemailman
08-17-2022, 04:00 PM
Field Yates

The Packers have claimed WR Travis Fulgham off of waivers.

Packers had him in camp for 9 days in 2020. He had a decent year for Eagles that year.

Joemailman
08-17-2022, 04:03 PM
Rodgers getting impatient with the young guys. He wants to move the ball and score and these kids are fucking up the system.

Rodgers met with the WR group this morning. Young guys played much better today.

Bretsky
08-17-2022, 09:08 PM
Rodgers met with the WR group this morning. Young guys played much better today.

I get fed up with this garbage when Aaron turns into Sharon. He's whining about them being out of position and not being connected with what the QB wants.

Here's a clue SHARON. COME TO OTA's. Work with the rookies at a time that is not completely convenient for you.

Show value as a f'cking leader and teach the rookies, instead of whining when things aren't going your way at practice.

That would help the team

RashanGary
08-17-2022, 09:24 PM
I think Sharon is probably throwing this fit because he knows Gute has ice in his veins and could easily hack off Cobb or Watkins. He’s making a big dramatic stink that he can’t play with the young guys so Gute doesn’t get rid of his pets.

RashanGary
08-17-2022, 09:25 PM
The rookies didn’t even know the plays in OTAs there’s not much Rodgers could do at that time to get them up to speed. I’m fine with him missing OTAs.

RashanGary
08-17-2022, 09:36 PM
I honestly don’t see the point of Sammy Watkins. A below average journeyman who can’t play special teams. You know he’s on Gutes cut radar. Just play the young guys and deal with the growing pains. At least there’s a chance that they could be something.

Joemailman
08-17-2022, 09:47 PM
Many of the problems Rodgers was talking about happened when Jordan Love was playing. Jordan Love was the QB in those all important OTA's that Rodgers missed. So the argument they'd be doing better if Rodgers had been here doesn't hold much water. Rodgers was right in what he said (stop dropping passes, run the right route), and got results. That bothers some people.

Fritz
08-18-2022, 02:33 AM
I see that Rashan Gary, our poster, has admitted he might've spoken too soon on whetherJordan Love will be a starting NFL QB. Rashan - I appreciate your willingness to admit you might've jumped the gun on Love and will re-assess. Me, I prefer to stick with my initial uninformed assessment and keep hammering on it until it's completely obvious I was wrong, then pretend I liked the guy all along and hope nobody bothers to go back and look at my posting history.

run pMc
08-18-2022, 09:33 AM
I see that Rashan Gary, our poster, has admitted he might've spoken too soon on whetherJordan Love will be a starting NFL QB. Rashan - I appreciate your willingness to admit you might've jumped the gun on Love and will re-assess. Me, I prefer to stick with my initial uninformed assessment and keep hammering on it until it's completely obvious I was wrong, then pretend I liked the guy all along and hope nobody bothers to go back and look at my posting history.

You might have described a number of posters here. ;)

run pMc
08-18-2022, 09:51 AM
On one side you have the fact that Love has played in 3 preseason games and 1.5 real games on the pro level. On the other hand, this is Year 3, and yet Year 1 was the COVID year where the offseason and practices were about as weird as it gets.

From what I've seen, accuracy is still an issue for him. Arm strength is not, and his poise is improved. I think he's gotten a lot of fundamentals coaching and it's helped, but there are times he seems a bit robotic. More game experience probably improves his mental processing and ability to read defenses, he's certainly willing and able to go thru progressions. He's no Rodgers, but nobody else is.

If he had to start I'd say he probably slots in anywhere between 15 and 25 in QB rankings, meaning he's a guy you'll lose more than you'll win with and likely try to replace.
Would I take him over Sam Darnold? I probably would simply on the basis of the coaching he's had, improvement he's shown and knowledge of the MLF offense.

I do not think they pick up his 5th year option. I don't think they trade him either.
My guess is they let him test the market when his contract is up, and Gute probably drafts another QB. They could resign Love on a prove-it deal to compete with another QB in the Post-Rodgers era, which is coming faster than Tex (or anyone of us) would probably like.

I don't think he's a wasted pick or a bust necessarily. You need to have a halfway serviceable backup at QB, especially when your starter is pushing 40 and getting more brittle by the day.
Losing out on Jefferson and Aiyuk stunk and trading that R4 to move up was a gamble. The process behind picking him was a bit odd, and I think he's a pick that likely doesn't work out for GB. Wouldn't be the first time that happened. QBs have a high bust rate (as do many draft picks) but it's worth it to keep looking -- if you hit on one it's incredibly valuable. Wolf and TT had plenty of head scratchers, so I just shrug and move on while cheering for GB (and Love) to succeed.