PDA

View Full Version : Team ACL

Guiness
07-24-2022, 01:10 PM
I think this deserves its own thread. Four players out, Bahtiari, Jenkins, Tonyan, and Hill.

Bakhtiari on PUP is onerous. I'm very pessimistic about him at this point. I hope he's not done but it's hard to believe he'll come back the player he was, if at all. I don't know what the recovery time for the second procedure is expected to be.

No surprise Jenkins and Hill are still out. I'd expect Tonyan back sooner rather than later though, he's had a coupoe extra months to recover.

texaspackerbacker
07-24-2022, 09:00 PM
Is it really that unusual to have three starters and a lesser contributor go down with ACLs over a year or two?

Joemailman
07-24-2022, 09:04 PM
Is it really that unusual to have three starters and a lesser contributor go down with ACLs over a year or two?

They lost 3 last year in the span of a month. That's pretty unusual.

call_me_ishmael
07-25-2022, 12:14 AM
Is Bahktiari ever coming back? It's been 18 months at this point. That is concerning to say the least given many come back after 9. Did the surgery go poorly? Given that he had a second procedure it sounds like it did.

Upnorth
07-25-2022, 08:04 AM
I read they missed some damage the first operation. If his knee is still swelling I think he is done.
I am so glad gute drafts heavy into oline so we can survive the oline knee carnage of last year.
Wasn't meyers a knee as well? Started with finger came back then knee?

Fritz
07-25-2022, 08:15 AM
Is Bahktiari ever coming back? It's been 18 months at this point. That is concerning to say the least given many come back after 9. Did the surgery go poorly? Given that he had a second procedure it sounds like it did.

This is where I'm at. It's been over a year and a half, and it's still not right. That suggests it ain't never going to be right. Even if he does come back at some point, it would seem that it'll be a replay of the Detroit game - he plays, it swells, he sits. I think he's done.

They need to really consider if Nijman is the starting left tackle of the future, and plan accordingly.

run pMc
07-25-2022, 08:39 AM
Tonyan and Hill injured their knees in the same ARI game. Hill's injury looked much much worse, but the bits of video I saw of him working out on the sideline during camp looked like he's doing pretty good.
Agree Tonyan is the most likely to make it back first. There's no need to rush Hill back anyway.

Bahktiari is a concern. Not having Turner to play RT and possibly no Bahk or Jenkins makes the OT spot one to watch.

Tex, agree over the course of a little over a season 4 ACLs isn't much. It also depends on who suffers the injury; having 2 starters on the left side of the OL go down feels like a bit of bad luck. Many late season games are a matter of who is healthy enough to play effectively.

bobblehead
07-25-2022, 09:06 AM
This is where I'm at. It's been over a year and a half, and it's still not right. That suggests it ain't never going to be right. Even if he does come back at some point, it would seem that it'll be a replay of the Detroit game - he plays, it swells, he sits. I think he's done.

They need to really consider if Nijman is the starting left tackle of the future, and plan accordingly.

If Yosh had another good offseason and improves he can be a middle of the road starting LT this year (which is the harsh way of saying 15-20 in the league). That is good enough. And there would still be room to become top 10 based on his physical gifts. If he sat round and got fat then that would be a problem.

texaspackerbacker
07-25-2022, 09:30 AM
They lost 3 last year in the span of a month. That's pretty unusual.

I was talking about compared to other teams. Three last season plus Bakhtiari left over from the year before doesn't seem like too much out of the ordinaty, although those three did come real close together.

Is there any real reason to think Bakhtiari isn't coming back this year? I'm thinking it's just panic and worry by fans who don't really know much.

SudsMcBucky
07-25-2022, 10:38 AM
I was talking about compared to other teams. Three last season plus Bakhtiari left over from the year before doesn't seem like too much out of the ordinaty, although those three did come real close together.

Is there any real reason to think Bakhtiari isn't coming back this year? I'm thinking it's just panic and worry by fans who don't really know much.

At this point, even if it plays out being invalid, I think there's very REAL reason to worry about his status.

bobblehead
07-25-2022, 01:17 PM

The interview someone posted about the amounts of fluid in his knee was reason to worry. Without the team being confident enough to have him full participant at this point I am very worried.

Tony Oday
07-25-2022, 03:04 PM
Eh this team isnt built for anything more than winning the North and that is just because the rest of the Division is Dog Water

Joemailman
07-25-2022, 03:29 PM

Until he shows he can play without his knee turning into a water balloon (his words), there is every reason to question whether he'll be back.

call_me_ishmael
07-25-2022, 03:31 PM

The singular thing that makes me think they have some confidence is the fact they pushed him money back when given the Adams trade discussions they likely knew they wouldn't have needed the money. That, to me, suggests they think he plays. But overall yes, very concerning.

Arctic Fox
07-25-2022, 03:59 PM
I'm concerned for Bahktiari as well. Doesn't look good for him right now. I hope Jenkins rebound well and plays at some point this year. Tonyan is desperately needed, unless we pick up another tight end somehow.

Upnorth
07-25-2022, 05:07 PM
I'm concerned for Bahktiari as well. Doesn't look good for him right now. I hope Jenkins rebound well and plays at some point this year. Tonyan is desperately needed, unless we pick up another tight end somehow.

It's like you have never heard of Sal cannella

Arctic Fox
07-25-2022, 05:16 PM
Well no. I didn't know we signed him. I'll have to check out his stats

Joemailman
07-25-2022, 05:25 PM
Kyle Malzhan
@KyleMalzhan

On NFL Live this afternoon, ESPN's Dianna Russini reported that #Packers star LT David Bakhtiari felt good and was set to start training camp - but Bakhtiari had a set back during his rehab that placed him on the PUP list.

Upnorth
07-25-2022, 05:36 PM
Well no. I didn't know we signed him. I'll have to check out his stats

Picked up from usfl. Did ok there but likely just a guy.

Arctic Fox
07-25-2022, 05:41 PM
Picked up from usfl. Did ok there but likely just a guy.

I checked out his stats and they're not very impressive but I guess he's a good blocker and that is important.

Joemailman
07-25-2022, 06:20 PM
Cannella has some real athleticism.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1037102614335369216

https://twitter.com/i/status/1200901861206904832

Upnorth
07-25-2022, 07:31 PM

That is something rodgers can work with. If the rest of his tape is half as good he will be an asset.

Guiness
07-26-2022, 10:33 AM

good find, thanks for that.
First video, db covering him is still on the field looking for his jockstrap. He bit on that double move harder than me when I was covering Hank Bask...oh never mind, that was someone else.

Upnorth
07-26-2022, 11:38 AM
good find, thanks for that.
First video, db covering him is still on the field looking for his jockstrap. He bit on that double move harder than me when I was covering Hank Bask...oh never mind, that was someone else.

Had to Google him. Cheat on a playboy model with a transgender person.... Proof of head injury!

Fritz
07-27-2022, 12:14 AM
Had to Google him. Cheat on a playboy model with a transgender person.... Proof of head injury!

Did he for real do that?

Upnorth
07-27-2022, 10:46 AM
Did he for real do that?

I read it on the internet so who the fuck knows???? But it's the rum

RashanGary
07-27-2022, 05:45 PM
I think Bakh will be back at some point. But it might be mid way through the season and I dont think hell he himself until next season.

When he left for the offseason, they told him to just hang out and go to the beach and take it easy. His strength is not where it should be.

On top of being off during the off season, he had another procedure so is still off.

It will take him time to build up strength and endurance in his legs.

I dont think theyre gonna rush him after so much time off.

So like I said, mid season is my guess. But I do predict hell be back.

CaptainD
07-27-2022, 06:26 PM
That makes 3 procedures on his knee now.

https://twitter.com/RobDemovsky/status/1552293532341256192?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5 Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1552294528010186752%7Ctwgr% 5E%7Ctwcon%5Es2_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fforums.realgm.com%2Fboards%2 Fviewtopic.php%3Ft%3D2182461start%3D460

Packers GM Brian Gutekunst said LT David Bakhtiari had another procedure on his knee this offseason, which helps explain why he’s been out all offseason and is on PUP to start camp.

Joemailman
07-27-2022, 06:39 PM
Now that it turns out Bakhtiari had another procedure done on his knee, I'm more optimistic. It makes his appearance on the PUP list more understandable and less ominous.

bobblehead
07-27-2022, 08:41 PM
I think I read Watson had a knee surgery too. Now he is officially "packer people"

Joemailman
07-27-2022, 08:49 PM
I think I read Watson had a knee surgery too. Now he is officially "packer people"

He missed 3 games last year with a hamstring injury. He was "Packer people" before he was a Packer.

RashanGary
07-27-2022, 09:22 PM
Now that it turns out Bakhtiari had another procedure done on his knee, I'm more optimistic. It makes his appearance on the PUP list more understandable and less ominous.

It feels like 50/50. But I still think hes gonna give it a go. He said his ACL is fine now, its other things. I dont know if they went in and did a clean up of cartilage or what?? If thats the case and hes got some issues with cartilage, then he can grind through the pain like Favre did on the ankle and Butkus did for the back end of his career on his knees.

Well see how it shakes out. If it comes down to pain, I think hell play through it.

Sparkey
07-28-2022, 07:44 AM
It feels like 50/50. But I still think hes gonna give it a go. He said his ACL is fine now, its other things. I dont know if they went in and did a clean up of cartilage or what?? If thats the case and hes got some issues with cartilage, then he can grind through the pain like Favre did on the ankle and Butkus did for the back end of his career on his knees.

Well see how it shakes out. If it comes down to pain, I think hell play through it.

The problem with ACL's is that it is actually never the ACL that is the recovery issue. It is almost always the soft tissue damage done to the cartilage in the knee and/or scar tissue buildup that prevents the knee from functioning properly.