PDA

View Full Version : RECEPTION LEADER FOR THE PACKERS

Bretsky
07-24-2022, 06:28 PM
who will lead the Green Bay Packers in receptions during the regular season ?

Bretsky
07-24-2022, 06:32 PM
I'm holding back my vote for a while but I'm curious who wins. For those with stones, post your top 2 in the thread as I'm curious who rats think is #2 as well

texaspackerbacker
07-24-2022, 08:51 PM
Slam Dunk Sure Christian Watson is #1 - assuming this PUP is a big nothing.

Number 2 could be Watkins or Lazard or even Doubs. Since you made number of receptions your criterion, I have to go with Lazard.

If you go with yardage or TDs, it's Watson by an even bigger margin.

Joemailman
07-24-2022, 09:08 PM
I think it's Jones. Not that they won't be throwing to wide receivers, but the WR targets will be spread out to about 5 different guys.

I think Lazard will be #2. Or whatever WR manages to play 17 games.

Joemailman
07-24-2022, 09:27 PM
Slam Dunk Sure Christian Watson is #1 - assuming this PUP is a big nothing.

Number 2 could be Watkins or Lazard or even Doubs. Since you made number of receptions your criterion, I have to go with Lazard.

If you go with yardage or TDs, it's Watson by an even bigger margin.

It's possible Watson could do it. If he does, he will be the first Packers rookie WR to lead the Packers in receptions since Sterling Sharpe in 1988.

SudsMcBucky
07-25-2022, 07:40 AM
#1 - Lazard
#2 - Watkins (I'm basing this on the assumption he'll actually stay healthy for most the year.)

Upnorth
07-25-2022, 08:00 AM
Assuming healthy for full season
1) Lazard
2) Jones

If jones is injured I tgink dillion is #2.
If we Watkins was guarenteed to not get injured he would be #1 but that won't happen.
Starting 2023 watson will be #1 for 4 straight years.

bobblehead
07-25-2022, 09:11 AM
I think Lazard gets 80 this year and that leads the team with Watson mid 60's low 70's. By playoffs Watson is the clear #1.

RashanGary
07-25-2022, 12:08 PM
Well see what the Fargo fraud does. Im not expecting much.

Fritz
07-25-2022, 12:38 PM
who will lead the Green Bay Packers in receptions during the regular season ?

Hmm. Bakh is already married and had his reception before the season started, so he won't count.

Maybe Aaron Rodgers, if he gets married to Blue of Earth, or maybe one of the young guys will get married and divorced immediately so he can get married again, and thus lead the team with two receptions in the regular season.

Hard to say.

bobblehead
07-25-2022, 01:15 PM
Well see what the Fargo fraud does. Im not expecting much.

Time to get off whatever meds the Dr. put you on JH. I like the old poster who would give a sentence or two to explain his position.

Upnorth
07-25-2022, 05:05 PM
Time to get off whatever meds the Dr. put you on JH. I like the old poster who would give a sentence or two to explain his position.

Didn't he let his nephew post a bit here and there a few years back? Perhaps thats whats going on. Or reverse whammy.

George Cumby
07-25-2022, 09:07 PM
I like Lazard, I just don't see him rounding into a legit #1.

I think Jones gets the most just because the WR corps is so diluted.

Bretsky
07-25-2022, 09:33 PM
I knew how I was going to vote.

I will vote for Aaron Jones
My second option would be Sammy Watkins; while he's underachieved through his career this is his ideal chance to shine for at least a decent payday next year. And he has more talent than our vet guys.

I am cautiously optimistic about Watson but if he gets 45 to 50 catches in Year one and 750 years that would be great

Romeo, oh Romeo, it would not surpise me if he starts out better than Watson, and even has more catches at end of yr. Maybe a better season. But I think long term Watson will be better.

Cobb is Cobb; he'll occasionally get open on a scramble and uses his football smarts to get open but his best days are far behind him. If not for AROD's ticket, he'd never stick on this team

Lizard is really an ideal #4 WR IMO. Great guy; has a rapport with Rodgers. But he's just not that talented.

And last but not least, is Gute's typical 3rd round draft pick in Amari. Hopefully he shows something, and if not hopefully Gute has the stones to say goodbye

jklowan
07-26-2022, 08:41 AM
Lazard and A Jones number 2

call_me_ishmael
07-26-2022, 10:18 AM
I knew how I was going to vote.

I will vote for Aaron Jones
My second option would be Sammy Watkins; while he's underachieved through his career this is his ideal chance to shine for at least a decent payday next year. And he has more talent than our vet guys.

I am cautiously optimistic about Watson but if he gets 45 to 50 catches in Year one and 750 years that would be great

Romeo, oh Romeo, it would not surpise me if he starts out better than Watson, and even has more catches at end of yr. Maybe a better season. But I think long term Watson will be better.

Cobb is Cobb; he'll occasionally get open on a scramble and uses his football smarts to get open but his best days are far behind him. If not for AROD's ticket, he'd never stick on this team

Lizard is really an ideal #4 WR IMO. Great guy; has a rapport with Rodgers. But he's just not that talented.

And last but not least, is Gute's typical 3rd round draft pick in Amari. Hopefully he shows something, and if not hopefully Gute has the stones to say goodbye

All of the above is correct IMO.

Fritz
07-27-2022, 12:40 AM
I like Lazard, I just don't see him rounding into a legit #1.

I think Jones gets the most just because the WR corps is so diluted.

This is what I'm thinking. If they play Dillon and Jones together a lot I can see lots of wheel routes and things like that. I'm not sure having a RB be the receptions leader is a good thing, but it's forseeable that it could be so.

Joemailman
07-27-2022, 09:54 AM
This is what I'm thinking. If they play Dillon and Jones together a lot I can see lots of wheel routes and things like that. I'm not sure having a RB be the receptions leader is a good thing, but it's forseeable that it could be so.

It's not ideal, but it can work if the QB and RB's are elite. Ahman Green led the Packers in receptions in 2001, and was 2nd in 2002. Packers had the #6 offense in 2001 and #12 in 2002.

bobblehead
07-27-2022, 10:16 AM
It's not ideal, but it can work if the QB and RB's are elite. Ahman Green led the Packers in receptions in 2001, and was 2nd in 2002. Packers had the #6 offense in 2001 and #12 in 2002.

Favre threw one of the best screens in the game, but became inaccurate the deeper the route. Rodgers is nearly dead opposite. I can't imagine a RB leading the team in receptions for a Rodgers offense.

Joemailman
07-27-2022, 10:42 AM
Favre threw one of the best screens in the game, but became inaccurate the deeper the route. Rodgers is nearly dead opposite. I can't imagine a RB leading the team in receptions for a Rodgers offense.

Aaron Jones had 52 receptions in 2021 while missing 2 games. He could get that up to 60. If the Packers have a WR by committee situation, I could possibly see no WR's getting to 60. Watkins and Cobb are the only 2 WR's on the roster who have ever gotten to 60, and neither is a good bet to last the whole season. Maybe Lazard, but he's had injury issues as well.Watson? He's starting out on PUP which could hurt his chances of being productive early.

Joemailman
09-30-2022, 11:25 PM
Doubs, who is not in the poll, is the early leader.