PDA

View Full Version : Butte Facing Suspension?

Anti-Polar Bear
08-04-2022, 04:31 AM
https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/packers/2022/08/03/aaron-rodgers-ayahuasca-experience-aubrey-marcus-podcast/10231898002/

https://www.si.com/.amp/nfl/2022/08/03/aaron-rodgers-opens-up-about-psychedelic-use-ayahuasca-mental-health-podcast

12 admitted that he has (or had) been drinking ayahuasca tea in his quest to seek “self-love.” Said dope contains the hallucinogenic dope DMT. I ain’t an expert on the NFL dope policy, but if they suspended Johnny Jolly for utilizing the Purple Drank, shouldn’t they, too, suspend Butte for utilizing the Hippie Drank?

Hopefully Butte escapes suspension. I grow fonder of Butte everyday.

hoosier
08-04-2022, 07:29 AM
"For me, I didn't do that and think 'oh, I'm never playing football again,'" Rodgers said. "No, it gave me a deep and meaningful appreciation for life. My intention the first night going in was 'I want to feel what pure love feels like.' That was my intention. And I did. I really did. I had a magical experience with the sensation of feeling a hundred different hands on my body imparting a blessing of love and forgiveness for myself and gratitude for this life from what seemed to be my ancestors."

Too bad it didn't help him figure out how to get rid of the ball before all those hands get to him.

run pMc
08-04-2022, 09:05 AM
I would think admitting to it in the past doesn't mean diddly, he has to test positive for it in a drug test or get caught by the cops with it.
Rodgers is smart enough to know that just saying he took something won't get him in trouble; he could turn around and deny it. I mean, look at the whole 'immunized' thing.

It's an interesting story, but a non-issue IMO.

RashanGary
08-04-2022, 09:20 AM
I hope Rodgers plays 5 more years. I really like his love and peace hippy vibe. And it’s good for the team, to have your HOF QB all about caring about others and being a kind dude.

Anti-Polar Bear
08-04-2022, 09:37 AM
Too bad it didn't help him figure out how to get rid of the ball before all those hands get to him.

Butte’s last pass last season, he actually got rid of the rock a tad too fast. Hold onto it a second longer, and he woulda seen a wide open Lazard.

Anti-Polar Bear
08-04-2022, 09:41 AM
I would think admitting to it in the past doesn't mean diddly, he has to test positive for it in a drug test or get caught by the cops with it.
Rodgers is smart enough to know that just saying he took something won't get him in trouble; he could turn around and deny it. I mean, look at the whole 'immunized' thing.

It's an interesting story, but a non-issue IMO.

Good points. But Butte probably is now 1st in line on the NFL’s random list for testing. Hopefully he ain’t taking any herbal meds on the League’s banned list.

Anti-Polar Bear
08-04-2022, 09:42 AM
I hope Rodgers plays 5 more years. I really like his love and peace hippy vibe. And it’s good for the team, to have your HOF QB all about caring about others and being a kind dude.

Word.

texaspackerbacker
08-04-2022, 09:52 AM
R E L A X !

bobblehead
08-04-2022, 10:01 AM

I prefer a selfish prick that only cares about winning.

Anti-Polar Bear
08-04-2022, 10:05 AM
R E L A X !

Thought you hated dope users, no? lol

When Rodgers was first drafted…see Onion Thread in FYI.

Anti-Polar Bear
08-04-2022, 11:22 AM
I prefer a selfish prick that only cares about winning.

You prefer Kirk Cousins?

Last year, after the Queens beat the Lions on a field goal, Cousins was like “you like dat? just save your fucking job!” right to Zimmer’s face. What a selfish prick, that Kirk Cousins.

call_me_ishmael
08-04-2022, 11:24 AM
It seems highly unlikely he'd get in trouble for doing something legal in a local municipality. This guy is something else though lol.

Anyone else think the image of he and Danica geeking out on the beach tripping balls is hilarious?

Fosco33
08-04-2022, 01:55 PM
It’s funny reading about people now not wanting to do psychedelics because AR has. How silly and click batey are some writers? You know AR also drinks water, eats food, breathes, etc.

Good on Aaron for expanding his mind with a harmless plant and crediting that experience for leading him to some of his best seasons. The irrational fear of natural drugs perplexes me.

Many of us worried AR was on the decline and were fine to see him retire or leave. Now - he’s still one of the best players on the planet.

Joemailman
08-04-2022, 09:00 PM
Butte’s last pass last season, he actually got rid of the rock a tad too fast. Hold onto it a second longer, and he woulda seen a wide open Lazard.

Correct. He was under no pressure when he threw that ball. Maybe if he had been on ayahuasca he would have relaxed and waited for Lazard to break open.

MadtownPacker
08-04-2022, 09:57 PM
Look at all you being so supportive. Back when we started posting you were all lil bitches when it comes to stuff like this. Or at least pretended to be except for Fozzy, JH and APB.

It’s funny I can’t stand Rodgers but the last couple years he done a lot of shit that I agree with. If this shits legal what’s the big deal and if it’s not what’s the big deal? As long as he can’t get suspended it’s all that really matters, not what you know what you can prove. I’m going to have a sip now just to see what the deal is. Anything like shrooms will be the shit.

MadtownPacker
08-04-2022, 10:01 PM
I hope Rodgers plays 5 more years. I really like his love and peace hippy vibe. And it’s good for the team, to have your HOF QB all about caring about others and being a kind dude.We think he doesn’t give a fuck but these are the last few years. Maybe he wants to soften his image a little bit. It’s always how you finish that people remember right.

If you haven’t taken any of this drink a gallon man. :lol:

Massive J
08-04-2022, 10:45 PM
Correct. He was under no pressure when he threw that ball. Maybe if he had been on ayahuasca he would have relaxed and waited for Lazard to break open.

Let's be honest here.
No matter how long 12 would have held the ball or how open Lizard would have been, 12 was never gonna throw it to him.

George Cumby
08-05-2022, 09:14 AM
I have an old hippy friend who did an ayahuasca retreat last year. She said it was next level.

RashanGary
08-05-2022, 09:27 AM
We think he doesn’t give a fuck but these are the last few years. Maybe he wants to soften his image a little bit. It’s always how you finish that people remember right.

If you haven’t taken any of this drink a gallon man. :lol:

My brother took trips to Peru for ayahuasca. He swears by it. I cant afford trips to Peru so I take LSD. I absolutely LOVE tripping!!!

texaspackerbacker
08-05-2022, 12:10 PM
I guess that explains a few things hahahahaha.

smuggler
08-05-2022, 12:14 PM
Don't think he can face suspension for an interview. Just because he said it, doesn't mean it's true (think of his Covid statements.) So, the league might like to suspend him, but ultimately they have to catch him with his pee testing for something.

Adrian Peterson more or less admitted to using HGH to recover from his torn ACL prior to his MVP season in an interview and nothing happened. So, there's a definite standard when it comes to this sort of thing.

bobblehead
08-05-2022, 12:50 PM
Don't think he can face suspension for an interview. Just because he said it, doesn't mean it's true (think of his Covid statements.) So, the league might like to suspend him, but ultimately they have to catch him with his pee testing for something.

Adrian Peterson more or less admitted to using HGH to recover from his torn ACL prior to his MVP season in an interview and nothing happened. So, there's a definite standard when it comes to this sort of thing.

But truth be told, the NFL is nothing if not a bunch of idiots making up rules as they go along. They certainly could suspend him for admitting to using illegal drugs....or they could do nothing. Remember that for 8 weeks Rodgers did maskless in person post game pressers violating league policy and they did nothing. We and reporters had no idea he had lied, but the NFL absolutely knew he wasn't vaccinated and chose to ignore his violation of rules. So would it shock you if they decided to suspend him for this? I mean honestly, as I said, they make up the rules as they go.

DeSean Watson did far less than every player that was accused of far worse. Guys who punched women, raped women. Watson was "inappropriate", but not physical. He didn't force himself on anyone. He already basically sat out a full season. He has been handed a sentence of 6 games which is inline with what the NFL has done in the past with more violent offenders. But the NFL isn't happy with the arbitrator they agreed to. They are appealing it. They will end up suspending him for 2022 if they get their way.

So consistency is not part of their M.O. Doing whatever the hell they want at any exact moment in time is more their speed.

All that being said I don't expect them to do a damn thing about it, not because he could say he was joking, but because they don't want to.

Fritz
08-05-2022, 04:50 PM
So were those your hands ARod was feeling, Mad?

Now you're getting all trippy with Arod after hating on him like the rest of us for a long time. But I am glad you are not so set in your ways that you can't change your views.

Fosco33
08-08-2022, 10:56 PM
https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/34371733/nfl-says-green-bay-packers-qb-aaron-rodgers-use-ayahuasca-violate-drug-policy?platform=amp