PDA

View Full Version : Half of these teams will start 0-2

Fosco33
09-15-2006, 06:13 PM
Buffalo vs. Miami
Battle of two pretty average/even teams. Bills have some defensive injuries - Miami wins.

Kansas City vs. Denver
Shannahan was pissed about the Bronco's poor performance and # of turnovers. They recover and take the Chiefs to 0-2.

Washington vs. Dallas
Two good offenses in this matchup. I see the Cowboys holding and winning going away at home.

So, Buffalo, KC, and the Skins could very well be staring 0-2 records (along w/ the Packers). At least three here....

This is among other likely candidates (Tennessee, SF, Tampa, Giants, Oakland, Houston, Cleveland, Carolina and Detroit). Most of them are going on the road @ 0-1 - and they'll likely lose this weekend as well - up to 13 teams (including the Pack) but probably 10 will be 0-2!

SO, before everyone throws the towel in if the Pack doesn't pull a W on Sunday, a lot of other teams are in the same position....

BallHawk
09-15-2006, 06:20 PM
Buffalo Vs. Miami

I'm going with the upset here and picking Buffalo. I've never bought into the Miami hype, and from what Pepper showed against Pittsburgh, rightfully so. Allthough, Miami was going against the Super Bowl Champs. I think Lee Evans should have a great game, along with McGahee.

Kansas City Vs. Denver.

I'll pick KC. Plummer looked bad aginst St.Louis and Walker is doing his best Ben Steele imitation. Kansas City doesn't have Green because of an unfortunate, but not illegal, hit on the QB. I don't buy the LJ hype, but he should have a good game.

Washington Vs. Dallas

I like Dallas. Portis is out, the offense still hasen't clicked, and the Vikings looked pretty good against the Skins defense.

Fosco33
09-15-2006, 06:24 PM
Buffalo Vs. Miami

I'm going with the upset here and picking Buffalo. I've never bought into the Miami hype, and from what Pepper showed against Pittsburgh, rightfully so. Allthough, Miami was going against the Super Bowl Champs. I think Lee Evans should have a great game, along with McGahee.

Kansas City Vs. Denver.

I'll pick KC. Plummer looked bad aginst St.Louis and Walker is doing his best Ben Steele imitation. Kansas City doesn't have Green because of an unfortunate, but not illegal, hit on the QB. I don't buy the LJ hype, but he should have a good game.

Washington Vs. Dallas

I like Dallas. Portis is out, the offense still hasen't clicked, and the Vikings looked pretty good against the Skins defense.

So Denver and Miami would start 0-2 - I bet you wouldn't see them in the bottom of the 'power rankings' with the Packers and Raiders. Point being, these teams expect to come out of it and still make a mid/late season run (when it's really important).

Let's not give up too much hope yet - I still need a 9-7 year from this team w/ Brett Favre at the helm.

FavreChild
09-15-2006, 07:33 PM
Miami is going down. 0-2.

Denver will be fine.

I don't like the 'Skins or the 'Boys, so that's just a sweet prospect. Both those teams are overhyped.

BF4MVP
09-15-2006, 07:35 PM
I'm not sure about who's gonna be 0-2, but I do know one team who's NOT gonna be 0-2 :wink:

BallHawk
09-15-2006, 07:50 PM
I'm not sure about who's gonna be 0-2, but I do know one team who's NOT gonna be 0-2 :wink:

The Tennessee Titans?

Tarlam!
09-16-2006, 01:48 AM
I wouldn't be sad with an 0-2 start had we played two road games.

But if we're not 1-1 after the Saints game, we lost two at home. There would go the Lambeau advantage!

Hard to intimidate teams coming there if you've no "W"s....

Fosco33
09-17-2006, 06:08 PM
Here's an interesting point - no team that has started 0-2 has made the playoffs in '04 or '05!

That means that except SF, Buffalo and NYG (and the undecided DAL/WAS; DEN/KC games) all of the above teams will be 0-2. Denver is in field goal winning territory after a 24 yard reception by Walker.

We'll see if this trend is broken or not this year...

BallHawk
09-17-2006, 06:09 PM
I wouldn't be surprised to see the Panthers break it. They just need to get their shit together.

lord favre
09-17-2006, 06:15 PM
But if we're not 1-1 after the Saints game, we lost two at home. There would go the Lambeau advantage!

??????????? The Lamblow majic dissapeared years ago, actually I think it was M. Vick who took it back to Atlanta with him.

jack's smirking revenge
09-17-2006, 06:20 PM
At least we won't be alone. Bigger question: who will join us at 0-3 after we do our usual Ford Field stumble?

tyler

b bulldog
09-17-2006, 06:37 PM
Who will join us in the top 4 of next years draft?

The Leaper
09-17-2006, 06:40 PM
Who will join us in the top 4 of next years draft?

Oakland
Cleveland
Houston
Tennessee

All of these teams will be worse than GB by year end IMO.

Miami
San Fran
Redskins
Detroit

These teams will be battling us for draft position.

KYPack
09-17-2006, 06:44 PM
Here's an interesting point - no team that has started 0-2 has made the playoffs in '04 or '05!

That means that except SF, Buffalo and NYG (and the undecided DAL/WAS; DEN/KC games) all of the above teams will be 0-2. Denver is in field goal winning territory after a 24 yard reception by Walker.

Ya needed that one, dincha Fos?

Fosco33
09-17-2006, 06:53 PM

Ya needed that one, dincha Fos?

Yeah, that helped - I'm near the top again for week #2 on pick 'em. I have added incentive as my picks are being used by my best friend in an office pool w/ weekly winners pulling $900 - plus he's got a kid due in the next week or so...

Ha, I just checked - you and I have the exact same picks - different orders but still - pretty funny.

Fosco33
09-18-2006, 05:41 PM
Well, 11 teams are 0-2 - I was pretty close on this one....

The season is far from over: we're young, healthy and improving. Now we need a win and some confidence :mrgreen:

EDIT:

Three of these teams are guaranteed to be 0-3....

Skins vs. TexansTexans start 0-3

Titans vs. Dolphins tough call - I'd say MIA

Panthers vs. Bucs Oooh, this is gonna hurt after last year's performance - flipping the division. If Smith is out, I'll take TB in a close one - otherwise if SS is back, Panthers win outright.