PDA

View Full Version : Justin Fields a future nightmare in GB?

Vincenzo
08-18-2022, 11:54 PM
Hello my fellow-beloved Packer fans
Please tell us that we’ll be okay this season vs Da Bears and Justin Fields.
Please God in heaven tell us that our Packer D will stand up vs Chicago.

Tony Oday
08-19-2022, 08:37 AM
Is this a serious thread?

bobblehead
08-19-2022, 09:17 AM
Is this a serious thread?

There is never a bad time to mock the bears and their misfortune.

Fritz
08-19-2022, 12:35 PM
I think Vincenzo is genuinely worried about Fields being the real deal. After the Cutlers and Trubiskys of the world, the law of averages suggests his fears might be well-founded.

But this version of the Packer defense will be the best we've seen in many years, I think.

ThunderDan
08-19-2022, 04:02 PM
I watched 5 minutes of the Bears game last night. I am not worried about Fields right now. Chicago has a huge talent deficency. They have 2 first round picks on the roster with less than 10 years in the NFL.

The Bears are paying for the Mack and Turdbasket trades.

In 3 or 4 years, they might be a really good team but who knows if Fields will still be there at that point.

George Cumby
08-19-2022, 04:27 PM
Fields may be legit.

But the Bares are gonna' Bare.

That coaching change his second year is NOT going to help, IMO.

smuggler
08-19-2022, 05:21 PM
Gotta agree with Dan on this one. Fields himself might end up being a good player, but the team around him is pretty damn horrible. It's two pretty easy wins at this point, until proven otherwise.

The Shadow
08-19-2022, 06:05 PM
I've watched Fields. He is missing that elusive 'special' QB gene. Nothing to worry about.

green_bowl_packer
08-19-2022, 06:18 PM
https://media.giphy.com/media/cKWORd29rICuc67Ace/giphy.gif

run pMc
08-20-2022, 10:47 AM
Too early to say, I think they have a lot of holes on their roster and Fields is unlikely to be good enough to overcome them. If he shows growth and CHI is patient with him the roster will improve around him and they could be a problem. This year I don't think they have the talent to be a wild card team. In fact, I think they are probably looking up at Detroit in the standings.

Thing about CHI, their whole mythos is built around rough tough strong defenses; rarely if ever have they had good or even great offense. I think that's part of their culture/identity going back to Halas thru Ditka and beyond, so you wonder if they will ever get it.
Over the last 30 years, who are the best 5 CHI players on offense? After Walter Payton I can't really think of many. Does Devin Hester count?

Justin Fields is a very good prospect -- he has lots of talent. He needs development. CHI has a reputation of messing that up.

JABF
09-08-2022, 11:03 PM
I think Vincenzo is genuinely worried about Fields being the real deal. After the Cutlers and Trubiskys of the world, the law of averages suggests his fears might be well-founded.

But this version of the Packer defense will be the best we've seen in many years, I think.

The Bears have nothing on offense for Fields to work with this year. Their LT is a rookie 5th round kid. The RT is a 5th rounder in his 2nd season. Lucas Patrick is at center and has already had hand surgery and is wearing a club cast. The RG is Teven Jenkins, another 2nd year guy who looks pretty rough. Fields and the running game have nothing as far as blocking. St Brown is our #2 WR. Our #1 WR is Mooney, another 5th round pick.

The Bears nuked their roster and it was pretty much scorched earth stuff. We have 7 players who are waiver claim guys (that's over 13% of our roster being dumpster-diving finds).

So I don't think the Packers D will have any trouble this year with the Bears. JMO.

JABF
09-08-2022, 11:14 PM

+1
I totally believe the Packers D this year is going to be special. Very special. If you can stay relatively healthy, it's going to be one of the best D units in the NFL.

JABF
09-08-2022, 11:20 PM
https://media.giphy.com/media/cKWORd29rICuc67Ace/giphy.gif

LOL, that was me who posted that. Most people are predicting a 6 or 7 win season for the Bears. Many are saying 3 or 4 wins. A few sports media people are on record saying the Bears may even be the #1 pick in next years draft.... I don't believe that. But it's not gonna be pretty for us Bears fans this year. But I do like what I am seeing with the new coaching staff. I like this Luke Getsy a lot too. Maybe for the first time in decades we can figure out how to build an NFL-level offense in Chicago. But it won't happen this year.

run pMc
09-09-2022, 07:59 AM
Over the last 30 years, who are the best 5 CHI players on offense? After Walter Payton I can't really think of many. Does Devin Hester count?
Just remembered Matt Forte. He was pretty good.

run pMc
09-09-2022, 08:07 AM
The Bears have nothing on offense for Fields to work with this year. Their LT is a rookie 5th round kid. The RT is a 5th rounder in his 2nd season. Lucas Patrick is at center and has already had hand surgery and is wearing a club cast. The RG is Teven Jenkins, another 2nd year guy who looks pretty rough. Fields and the running game have nothing as far as blocking. St Brown is our #2 WR. Our #1 WR is Mooney, another 5th round pick.

The Bears nuked their roster and it was pretty much scorched earth stuff. We have 7 players who are waiver claim guys (that's over 13% of our roster being dumpster-diving finds).

So I don't think the Packers D will have any trouble this year with the Bears. JMO.

Welcome JABF.

Yeah, I think the prior GM took some big swings and some of them were ill-advised and came back to cost them. The Trubisky over Mahomes (and maybe for some, Watson) choice may haunt this franchise for a generation. Many questionable draft choices, trading multiple picks for the right to sign Mack to a big contract, and Nagy not being who some thought he was. The jury is still out on Justin Fields, but there's not a lot to support him with the OL and WR. The last draft didn't seem to give Fields much help either IMO, which means he could have another rough year and that could impact his career.

Cole Kmet and David Montgomery are going to be his best friends, and Darnell Mooney (who is good) will see a lot of targets, but they have a talent issue that will be difficult to win games with. I think they win 4-5 games.

JABF
09-09-2022, 04:58 PM
Welcome JABF.

Yeah, I think the prior GM took some big swings and some of them were ill-advised and came back to cost them. The Trubisky over Mahomes (and maybe for some, Watson) choice may haunt this franchise for a generation. Many questionable draft choices, trading multiple picks for the right to sign Mack to a big contract, and Nagy not being who some thought he was. The jury is still out on Justin Fields, but there's not a lot to support him with the OL and WR. The last draft didn't seem to give Fields much help either IMO, which means he could have another rough year and that could impact his career.

Cole Kmet and David Montgomery are going to be his best friends, and Darnell Mooney (who is good) will see a lot of targets, but they have a talent issue that will be difficult to win games with. I think they win 4-5 games.

Thanks for the welcome. I really like your messageboard here. A lot. Regarding your comments about our former GM, you are 100% spot-on. He did a lot of damage to the roster and by the time he was let go, it was in a sad state of affairs. I feel sorry for Justin Fields because the rebuild now is so extensive that it is a multi-year project (meaning he will have to "make due" with an offense that has been cobbled together to get by this first year of the rebuild. Our draft picks, including our 1st round draft pick, had been dealt away and we were in a bad financial shape cap-wise too. So there wasn't much to work with in this year-1 of the rebuild. That's one reason why the new GM, Ryan Poles. had to dumpster dive with 7 waiver wire guys, some undrafted people... and he got a 5th round rookie to be the LT this year. Yeah, the Bears are a train wreck :-)

LOL, what else is new, right?

JABF
09-09-2022, 05:05 PM
There is never a bad time to mock the bears and their misfortune.

True story. I was the only Bears fan at work, and my coworkers over the years used to give me a bit of a hard time about it. In more recent years the Bears suck so bad they don't even give me a hard time... they pity me being a Bears fan, which is far worse than being given a hard time. I did retire, but we still get together from time to time. The only one who shares my pain is the guy who had an office down the hall who is a Giants fan. He's not much better off than me. But I figure real fans stick by their team through the good times AND the bad times. LOL, in the case of the Bears the bad times are pretty long and hard :-)

George Cumby
09-09-2022, 05:30 PM
Thanks for the welcome. I really like your messageboard here. A lot. Regarding your comments about our former GM, you are 100% spot-on. He did a lot of damage to the roster and by the time he was let go, it was in a sad state of affairs. I feel sorry for Justin Fields because the rebuild now is so extensive that it is a multi-year project (meaning he will have to "make due" with an offense that has been cobbled together to get by this first year of the rebuild. Our draft picks, including our 1st round draft pick, had been dealt away and we were in a bad financial shape cap-wise too. So there wasn't much to work with in this year-1 of the rebuild. That's one reason why the new GM, Ryan Poles. had to dumpster dive with 7 waiver wire guys, some undrafted people... and he got a 5th round rookie to be the LT this year. Yeah, the Bears are a train wreck :-)

LOL, what else is new, right?

Welcome aboard.

It's good to get new posters......

How on Earth did you find this shit-hole?

JABF
09-09-2022, 11:37 PM
Welcome aboard.

It's good to get new posters......

How on Earth did you find this shit-hole?

It is a crazy story. But here it is. I am an admin on a Bears messageboard, ChiTown Bears Fans Forum (https://chitown-bears.com/). We started it a number of years ago to get away from some of the Bears forums that were dominated by immature posters and trolls. We just wanted a place to talk football with mature knowledgeable fans. A chill place. One day, a number of years ago, a Vikings fan dropped in and joined our board. She owns a large Vikes forum called Purple Pain. We also, from day-1 on our Bears forum, have had a good poster who is a die-hard Green Bay fan. Our posters respect and like these two... they definitely add good stuff to our place. So, one day a few years ago, the owner of the Vikings board had the idea to link 4 good fan forums, each one representing a different team from the NFCN. Her vision was to have each messageboard be separate from the others, but we would have links to the other 3 NFCN team boards.

LOL, we were skeptical that it would work. It's one thing to have a token poster from another team on your board. But the thought of a others visiting seemed like a touchy risky thing. But we did respect her idea and gave it a try. And we were surprised that it worked really well. People did not have to visit the other boards unless they wanted to. It was just optional and you could click on a link to the individual boards for the other NFCN affiliated teams.

I actually spend a lot of time on the Vikes board. Their people are good people. They even helped us with some computer stuff upgrading our place (I'm the computer guy on our board and my skills are not so good). Everything was going pretty well until a few weeks ago the Packers board owner pulled the plug on their forum. We were hoping to find a really good forum to take their place. To be honest I just Google'd the GB forums and visited them. This one I liked the best. The folks here seem really good. I'm hoping that maybe we can be affiliated with a link and have all 4 NFCN teams in our group again. But even if it does not happen, I'm going to stick around here (as long as I'm welcome) because you have a good place here.

I wasn't sure who to contact here to run the idea by. I did send a PM to @Bretsky - but like I said, I'm not sure who I should even be talking with about it. I get it that it's a radical idea, because I initially thought it was crazy. So no worries either way. Like I said, I do like being here myself if nothing else. Anyway, that's the story of how I found this place and wandered in... a crazy stray Bears fan :-)

George Cumby
09-10-2022, 08:49 AM
^ That's really cool.

We used to have a troll or two from other teams, not to be confused with our Packers fans trolls, but they've moved on.

Rastak is our resident Vikings fan poster who is universally liked and respected.

We are a small group but damned loyal, because the quality of poster here is generally pretty high.

MadTownPacker is our loco site admin/owner hit him up.

Welcome, it's good to have you hear!