PDA

View Full Version : Bears made waiver claims!

Guiness
08-31-2022, 12:34 PM
The Bears made 6 waiver claims! That means over 10% of their roster will be players cut by other teams.

I get having churn on the PS or even the bottom player or two of the roster, but churning 10% of the roster?

ThunderDan
08-31-2022, 03:06 PM
The Bears really have little talent. They are paying for the Turdbiscuit and Mack trades. They need to churn most of their roster. Not just the bottom 5 guys.

ThunderDan
08-31-2022, 03:10 PM
The Bears need a first 2 years of TT turnover of the roster.

Joemailman
08-31-2022, 08:27 PM
So to sum up the point of this thread:

https://memegenerator.net/img/instances/50949559/this-just-in-the-bears-still-suck.jpg

run pMc
09-01-2022, 10:00 AM
One of those claims was Alex Leatherwood, the #17 pick from last year's draft. I'm not impressed with him (doesn't have tackle feet, doesn't have guard strength) and made me think of how CHI employed Jason Spriggs and this made me happy.

The Bears do not have a large amount of talent compared to the rest of the league...largely due to poor personnel moves as previously mentioned.
More amused than surprised they are picking thru all the cutdowns.

FWIW, I'm also not sold on Luke Getsy as an OC. Maybe it's the homerism of some reporters, but it sounds like Tom Clements is worlds better than Getsy was. Combine that with hiring a HC with a defensive and a (according to many) not-so-great draft, and you wonder if this will be a season where they are a dumpster fire.

bobblehead
09-01-2022, 11:45 AM
A bears dumpster fire of a season is almost as satisfying as an Owl in titletown.

Joemailman
09-01-2022, 12:15 PM
A bears dumpster fire of a season is almost as satisfying as an Owl in titletown.

Winning the Owl in a Bears dumpster fire season isn't bad. But I still think beating the Bears in NFC Title game on their field and then winning the Owl was better.

SudsMcBucky
09-01-2022, 01:43 PM
Winning the Owl in a Bears dumpster fire season isn't bad. But I still think beating the Bears in NFC Title game on their field and then winning the Owl was better.

That's funny. I was about to reply the EXACT same thing. Beating them in the playoffs on way to SB win was WAY better than seeing them in a dumpster fire.

Fritz
09-01-2022, 02:46 PM
That's funny. I was about to reply the EXACT same thing. Beating them in the playoffs on way to SB win was WAY better than seeing them in a dumpster fire.

It's a thin difference, Suds. Kinda like the difference between watching those two women in your icon making out and you making out with one of them. Both are pretty good.

Fritz
09-01-2022, 02:51 PM
Here come da Bears!!!

https://c.tenor.com/cq0845GMKyEAAAAM/full-car-clown.gif

smuggler
09-02-2022, 08:02 PM
They do currently suck, but to look at this from the glass-half-empty perspective, it now means that they realize they suck.

The self-awareness of sucking is the first waypoint on the map to not sucking.

Joemailman
09-02-2022, 08:16 PM
Ted Phillips, who has been Bears President since 1999, is retiring after this season. Here's hoping the Bears don't find a way to hire someone competent.

run pMc
09-03-2022, 01:38 PM

Yeah I had the same thought. There are few victories as sweet as that one -- GB winning the Halas Trophy at Soldier Field and moving on to win the Super Bowl is pretty sweet.
Seeing them suck every year is pretty sweet too, but a shitty Bears team is more common than a SB win.

QBME
09-04-2022, 08:53 AM
Ted Phillips, who has been Bears President since 1999, is retiring after this season. Here's hoping the Bears don't find a way to hire someone competent.

As long as the Bears are owned by the McCaskey family the chances of them making a great hire are slim.

bobblehead
09-04-2022, 09:58 AM

Until they somehow avenge that, its my go to insult to obnoxious bears fans.

bobblehead
09-04-2022, 10:01 AM
Yeah I had the same thought. There are few victories as sweet as that one -- GB winning the Halas Trophy at Soldier Field and moving on to win the Super Bowl is pretty sweet.
Seeing them suck every year is pretty sweet too, but a shitty Bears team is more common than a SB win.

And you just touched on #2 on my list:

Me: "The super bowl trophy is called the Lombardi trophy...what do they call the one below it...you know, when you win the NFCC??"

Half of them don't even know!!!

texaspackerbacker
09-04-2022, 01:52 PM
Myself, I've never been able to generate the abject hate for the Bears even through the periods when they didn't still suck that I have for example for the Vikings. You could make a case for saying there wouldn't be an NFL, at least not nearly as great as it is, without George Halas. He basically started it all. Has his daughter, Mrs. McCaskey, and her family ruined things for the Bears? I don't think Ted Phillips or whoever has had as much to do with the fact that the Bears still and continue to suck as just pure bad LUCK. Some players develop to be stars, and some don't. And which is which, to my way of thinking, is basically a crapshoot. Where would the Packers be if Favre and Rodgers turned out the way Cutler and Trubiskey did? And can anybody honestly say it was predictable that it would turn out that way?

MadScientist
09-04-2022, 08:37 PM
The Bears were very easy to hate in the 80's when the Bears were good and the Packers weren't, and there were plenty players from the 60's who would show up and egg on the rivalry. Plus the coaches being Starr, Gregg, and Ditka pushed the rivalry to their players.

Now the Vikings are a more consistent rivals, but it's hard to change your favorite team to hate.

Plus the Bears have actually won championships.

JABF
09-08-2022, 01:33 PM
The Bears really have little talent. They are paying for the Turdbiscuit and Mack trades. They need to churn most of their roster. Not just the bottom 5 guys.

+1
That is the bottom-line. The new GM/HC inherited a very old roster with mediocre talent (at best). The previous GM had a habit of dealing away draft picks and the cap was badly managed. The new GM nuked the roster and is spending this season trying to get cap-healthy for 2023. That's why the Bears ended up with 7 waiver claims. Over 13% of the roster is from dumpster-diving waiver shopping. I don't know if the new regime can be any better than the past failed guys. I hope so. LOL, but our batting average in these things is pretty dismal .

By the way, this is my 1st post on your messageboard. I'm impressed with your forum. Looks like a good place. I do hope to exchange some good posts here with mature NFCN fans. I'm a long-time member of the Purple Pain Vikings board and the Lions Red Zone board. I'm an admin on the Bears ChiTown Bears Forum (https://chitown-bears.com/). Anyway, thanks for letting me be a member here. I promise to behave :-)

RashanGary
09-08-2022, 03:39 PM
Welcome man.

Anti-Polar Bear
09-09-2022, 09:12 AM
+1
That is the bottom-line. The new GM/HC inherited a very old roster with mediocre talent (at best). The previous GM had a habit of dealing away draft picks and the cap was badly managed. The new GM nuked the roster and is spending this season trying to get cap-healthy for 2023. That's why the Bears ended up with 7 waiver claims. Over 13% of the roster is from dumpster-diving waiver shopping. I don't know if the new regime can be any better than the past failed guys. I hope so. LOL, but our batting average in these things is pretty dismal .

By the way, this is my 1st post on your messageboard. I'm impressed with your forum. Looks like a good place. I do hope to exchange some good posts here with mature NFCN fans. I'm a long-time member of the Purple Pain Vikings board and the Lions Red Zone board. I'm an admin on the Bears ChiTown Bears Forum (https://chitown-bears.com/). Anyway, thanks for letting me be a member here. I promise to behave :-)

If mature Pack fans are what you are seeking, you will find plenty here. Our youngest active poster is Call Me Ismael (aka, Partial), the 34 year old Bobby Hill lookalike who loves bragging about his six figures salary. Alas, we are not young and cool anymore.

Aging sucks worse than your beloved Mobsters of the Midway.

texaspackerbacker
09-09-2022, 10:33 AM
hahahaha I had to Google Bobby Hill. Yeah, I think that describes him.

Ain't nothing wrong with aging - as they say, it beats the alternative (being dead) (or maybe being a Bears fan). Not being cool? Speak for yourself hahahaha.

George Cumby
09-09-2022, 05:34 PM
+1

Don't worry about that, no one else here behaves.

Teamcheez1
09-09-2022, 08:36 PM
Where’s Mad been lately? He’s about due for his bipolar forum member bans.

George Cumby
09-10-2022, 08:50 AM
Where’s Mad been lately? He’s about due for his bipolar forum member bans.

I'll call Fresno County Jail and see what's up.

Anti-Polar Bear
09-10-2022, 09:52 AM
hahahaha I had to Google Bobby Hill. Yeah, I think that describes him.

Ain't nothing wrong with aging - as they say, it beats the alternative (being dead) (or maybe being a Bears fan). Not being cool? Speak for yourself hahahaha.

My aging body says you’re wrong about “ain’t nothing wrong with aging.” In my late 20’s, I could flip burgers for 8 hours a day, 9-10 straight days. Nowadays, being about the same age as the Great Arm of Butte, I’ve got lingering hip and back pain. My stress level has gotta be unhealthy.

Don’t wanna jinx anything, but you’ve gotta be living proof to the notion that minimizing stress, having lots of coitus, and not giving a fuck about anything or anyone beyond’s one’s control are keys to living a long, fulfilling and healthy life.

Btw, check out King of the Hill. It’s cartoons, but you’ll dig it, I am sure.

texaspackerbacker
09-10-2022, 01:11 PM
I used to and occasionally still do watch King of the Hill. I just didn't remember the kid's name until Googling it.

As for my situation, positive outlook has a lot to do with it, also setting myself up for success in the ways you describe hahahahaha. As for you, I strongly suspect it is an inverse situation - all of your sad sack scenarios are the result of your own negativity. Ya oughta snap out of it and make yourself great again. Don't be the Chicago Bears of personal life hahahaha. They still suck by necessity; You have options.