PDA

View Full Version : Allen Lazard - Wally Pipp?

The Shadow
09-10-2022, 12:35 AM
Allen should read up about the Wally Pipp story - and make every effort to play Sunday.
Anyone else ancient enough to get all this?

texaspackerbacker
09-10-2022, 01:51 AM
You couldn't actually ancient enough to remember the event when it happened, could you? I'm 75 and it was at least 25 years before I was born.

I was thinking the same thing. If Watson plays and stands out, it won't mean Lazard won't play, but it sure would diminish his playing time and targets.

Fritz
09-10-2022, 09:05 AM
Allen should read up about the Wally Pipp story - and make every effort to play Sunday.
Anyone else ancient enough to get all this?

If Wally Pipp had had Babe Ruth arguing for him and how good he was, and insisting he could be the #1 first baseman, then he might never have become Wally Pipp.

Anti-Polar Bear
09-10-2022, 09:25 AM
You couldn't actually ancient enough to remember the event when it happened, could you? I'm 75 and it was at least 25 years before I was born.

I was thinking the same thing. If Watson plays and stands out, it won't mean Lazard won't play, but it sure would diminish his playing time and targets.

Lazard is half white, so he’s smart enough to know that the young uns are gunning for his job. Apparently, some Yokozuna stepped on his foot. I am sure if it were up to him, he’d play.

But there are some things in life one just can’t control. Some burger flipper has passed the Wisconsin CPAs, and yet he remains a burger flipper. He can’t control which gig he gets. Likewise, if Lazard can’t get the Packers’ doctor to clear him medically to play, ain’t much he can do about it.

MadScientist
09-10-2022, 03:24 PM
Majkowski was the Packers Wally Pipp. Every player knows NFL stands for Not For Long. It annoying that Lazard is injured to start the season when he didn't even play in the preseason, but better missing 1 game now than 16 1/2 games because his not fully healed knee blows out when he tries to play too soon.

Fritz
09-11-2022, 07:14 AM
Majkowski was the Packers Wally Pipp. Every player knows NFL stands for Not For Long. It annoying that Lazard is injured to start the season when he didn't even play in the preseason, but better missing 1 game now than 16 1/2 games because his not fully healed knee blows out when he tries to play too soon.

All true, but it is aggravating that the Packer injury list is a half mile long when only a few starters played at all in the preseason.

red
09-11-2022, 06:35 PM
he might have cemented his starting spot by missing the game

if i were him, i would be demanding a new deal tonight