PDA

View Full Version : Week 1 PFF Grades

Sparkey
09-13-2022, 09:18 AM
https://packerswire.usatoday.com/2022/09/12/packers-pff-grades-best-worst-players-from-season-opening-loss-to-vikings/

Top 5 offense
1. TE Josiah Deguara: 79.9
2. RB A.J. Dillon: 76.7
3. LT Yosh Nijman: 71.0
4. RB Aaron Jones: 68.5
5. WR Romeo Doubs: 68.2

Top 5 defense
1. OLB Kingsley Enagbare: 71.7
2. LB De’Vondre Campbell: 71.2
3. DL Kenny Clark: 70.1
4. OLB Rashan Gary: 69.9
5. CB Rasul Douglas: 69.7

Bottom 5 offense
1. OL Zach Tom: 43.2
2. RG Jake Hanson: 44.4
3. WR Christian Watson: 45.1
4. LG Jon Runyan Jr: 47.6
5. C Josh Myers: 55.7

Bottom 5 defense
1. S Adrian Amos: 28.3
2. S Darnell Savage: 29.7
3. OLB Jonathan Garvin: 43.4
4. DL Dean Lowry: 45.9
5. DL TJ Slaton: 52.4

Quarterback
Aaron Rodgers: 60.1
Jordan Love: 55.5

Offensive line and safeties stunk it up big time. Aaron looked old. Hopefully only rust from not playing, but his escapeability in the pocket is decreasing each year. One year, time will catch him.

Fritz
09-13-2022, 10:42 AM
I see that the Packers have elevated Caleb Jones to the 53. I see that Bakh is NOT expected to play in week two.

Is this the end of the line for Bakh? Will he be announcing his retirement here soon? Or is this all just coincidence.

Man, the dude is still not ready to play? I figured they'd hold him out week one, but in week two now?

Sparkey
09-13-2022, 11:15 AM
Ominous sign, indeed.

run pMc
09-13-2022, 12:24 PM
Not the end of the line for Bahk. They wouldn't have activated him off the PUP if he wasn't close to playing or ready to play in the first 4 weeks.
I thought they might save him from the MN turf and play him at home for Week 2, but maybe not. He is in team drills, so he's gotta be close. Either way, it's hard to believe anything until he plays 3-4 games in a row without any major issues.

I wonder if it means they are looking at shaking up the right side of the line -- i.e., putting Newman inside for Hanson and playing Jones or Walker at RT instead. Not sure they will move Tom from LG if Runyan's concussion keeps him out. With the way the OL played, bringing someone up to serve notice they weren't good enough isn't a bad idea. Plus Barnes is probably headed for the 4 week IR with his ankle injury.

bobblehead
09-13-2022, 02:18 PM
I'll point out a silver lining, and the grades back me up. Nijman was very good. He isn't bak at his peak, but he has elevated himself to top half of the league imo.

RashanGary
09-13-2022, 03:03 PM
I'll point out a silver lining, and the grades back me up. Nijman was very good. He isn't bak at his peak, but he has elevated himself to top half of the league imo.

Bakh has been off his legs for 2 years. Best case is that he’s getting close to being himself by mid season, but even then it might be more realistic to think end of year. And even then, it might be more realistic to think never at all.

Those injuries don’t usually end up the way Bakhs did. Jenkins is likely to be himself by years end. It’s not all doom and/or gloom.

But we can part ways with Bakh after this year, the way the contract is structured. That seems better than a 50% chance.

texaspackerbacker
09-13-2022, 05:13 PM
The thing that stood out to me about this PFF thing is that the high grades on D were the players who seemed to disappear - not do much of anything. Enigbare may be the best example. The PFF system got it right about the mediocrity of the O Line. Yes, bobblehead, Nijman did relatively all right, and I very much doubt even a healthy Bakhtiari would have been any better. They also got it right about the stench of the Safetys, although I place the blame squarely on the coaches - damn Joe Barry - for that.