PDA

View Full Version : Official Packers vs Buccaneers Discussion Thread

Joemailman
09-19-2022, 09:48 AM
Packers lead all-time series 33-23-1.

Last meeting: January 24, 2021 Bucs defeated Packers 26-21 in NFC Title Game.

Last meeting in Tampa Bay: October 18 2020. Bucs defeated Packers 38-10. Aaron Rodgers had one of the worst games of his career with 160 passing yards and 2 INT's including a pick 6.

Early line has Bucs favored by just 3. Over/under is 45.

Bucs are 2-0 despite scoring just 39 points. They have given up just 13 points. Brady has thrown for just 402 yards and 2 TD's for a passer rating of 82.1. Leonard Fournette has rushed for 192 yards. Mike Evans leads Bucs with 132 receiving yards and 2 TD's. Chris Godwin and Julio Jones have been hurt. On defense, Devin White leads Bucs with 19 tackles and 3 sacks. As a team Bucs have 10 sacks. Opposing QB's have 434 passing yards with 1 TD and 4 INT's. Opponents have rushed for 173 yards, averaging 4.6 YPC.

Fritz
09-19-2022, 11:04 AM
You'd think, given what you wrote, and given how the Packer offense has been trying to get its legs under it, that this will be a lower scoring game. But who knows? I wonder what the temps will be in Tampa - the heat really seems to mess up the Packers in these September games.

George Cumby
09-19-2022, 11:06 AM
Bucs seem to have the Packers' number.

Brady lives rent free in Rodgers' head, I think.

run pMc
09-19-2022, 11:10 AM
Bucs OL is beat up, and their WRs are hurt. Wonder if they regret releasing Tyler Johnson? If I'm TB I test GB's D vs. crossers. Packers should also plan to see a lot of Fournette in this game, especially after watching David Montgomery.
Can the Packers D stop them?

The Bucs D is good (no surprise there) and have the traits that give Rodgers - and the run game - trouble. Vea and those linebackers are stout, Shaq Barrett is very good, and their secondary is too.
Can the Packers O score on them?

texaspackerbacker
09-19-2022, 11:36 AM
Yes, after what the Bears' RBs did to Barry's D, I definitely do expect to see a heavy dose of Fournette. If we can put the pressure on Brady like we did on Fields, our D just might carry the day, but that's a big if. As good as the Packers made the Bears O Line look, I think Tampa's is a LOT better.

Yes, I think we can score on them. How much? Enough? That kinda depends on ...... I'm not sure what hahahaha.

Joemailman
09-19-2022, 12:53 PM
Bucs' WR Mike Evans suspended 1 game for role in fight on Sunday. He may appeal, so it's uncertain whether Packers will face him or not. Chris Godwin and Julio Joes are also out, so Packers could be facing 2nd team WR's Sunday if Evans can't play.

Freak Out
09-19-2022, 05:04 PM
Better focus on stopping the run and hope they can get Brady to third and long. It's going to be tough sledding on offense unless Watson can hang onto a deep one and Arod plays a perfect game. Don't hold onto the damn ball to long!

Joemailman
09-19-2022, 05:38 PM
On both teams, the defense is ahead of the offense. Both QB's will be trying to get rid of the ball early, and neither has the receiver corp they're used to.

Forecast for Sunday is a high of 87 with a mix of sun and clouds and a chance of isolated thunderstorms in the afternoon. In other words, humid.

texaspackerbacker
09-19-2022, 07:34 PM
I certainly wouldn't say the Packers D is ahead of the offense.

Joemailman
09-19-2022, 07:58 PM

Packers are 22nd in points scored and 8th in points allowed.

smuggler
09-19-2022, 09:14 PM
Wonder how much Brady will be fined for criticizing the league's punishment against Evans for cheap-shotting Lattimore? It won't be nearly enough.

I thought Fournette should have been ejected as well.

It wasn't in week 2. Can't play the run like that and expect to be competitive.

texaspackerbacker
09-19-2022, 09:27 PM
Observation trumps stats, especially early in the season.

Freak Out
09-21-2022, 10:17 PM
So Evans is out?

smuggler
09-22-2022, 07:36 AM
Yes, Evans' suspension was confirmed by Derrick Brooks/James Thrash

Teamcheez1
09-22-2022, 07:49 AM
I’m just not feeling it for this game. Although we have seen improvements on both sides of the ball, I’m not convinced it will be enough for Sunday. We should be able to take advantage of the Bucs hodgepodge offensive line and lack of WR’s, but their defense may stymie us all game.

SudsMcBucky
09-22-2022, 08:06 AM
Not sure why all the angst. I'm actually feeling pretty good about this game. Yes, the D will be tough, but think MLF/AR are figuring out how to be successful with this new offense and I'm not sold on the TB offense doing much against our D, especially with their injuries/suspension.

texaspackerbacker
09-22-2022, 10:18 AM
If they are without Evans and maybe Godwin, etc. too, we should have a distinct advantage. Hopefully we can load up to stop the run and trust our Corners to shut down what's left of their passing game.

bobblehead
09-22-2022, 11:34 AM
I'm not worried about Fournette. Without the threat of a QB to run the ball our D can play more traditional. I wouldn't be shocked if we give up less than 20 this week. The real Q is can we score 20 vs. a very stout TB defense.

run pMc
09-22-2022, 12:24 PM
No Evans, probably no Godwin or Julio.
They will have Scotty Miller, Russell Gage and Perriman. Possibly Cole Beasley? Is that worse than GBs receivers, and by how much?

Honestly I expect a bit of a rock fight of a game here with defenses winning more often than not. I do not expect a shootout, but who knows. Florida is generally not kind to GB, especially September games.
Even if they lose, they could still be 5-2 after NE, NYG, NYJ and WAS.

Fritz
09-22-2022, 01:29 PM
No Evans, probably no Godwin or Julio.
They will have Scotty Miller, Russell Gage and Perriman. Possibly Cole Beasley? Is that worse than GBs receivers, and by how much?

Honestly I expect a bit of a rock fight of a game here with defenses winning more often than not. I do not expect a shootout, but who knows. Florida is generally not kind to GB, especially September games.
Even if they lose, they could still be 5-2 after NE, NYG, NYJ and WAS.

The heat and humidity are going to doom the Packers. They just wilt in that September Florida heat and humidity.

Joemailman
09-22-2022, 02:49 PM
Most of the country, but not including Alaska (sorry Freak!) will get Packers at Buccaneers. Kevin Burkhardt and Greg Olsen with the call. Pacific northwest, including Alaska, and most of Georgia will get Atlanta at Seattle. Chris Myers and Robert Smith with the call. Southern California and Arizona will get Los Angeles Rams at Arizona. Kevin Kugler and Mark Sanchez with the call.

https://506sports.com/2022/03-FOX-L-V2.png

SudsMcBucky
09-22-2022, 02:54 PM
Well..............fuck. Looks like I'm stuck with Falcons/Seasquawks.

Joemailman
09-22-2022, 03:48 PM
Not good news at WR. As a result, Travis Fulgham signed back onto practice squad 3 days after being released.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FdSYXC_XgAEocUu?format=jpg&name=medium

MadScientist
09-22-2022, 09:00 PM
Not good news at WR. As a result, Travis Fulgham signed back onto practice squad 3 days after being released.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FdSYXC_XgAEocUu?format=jpg&name=medium

Dobbs better pick it up, with all the other receivers not practicing.

MadScientist
09-23-2022, 02:25 AM
Hicks is out for Tampa.
https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/09/20/bucs-akiem-hicks-out-a-month-with-foot-injury/
That's an injury that could linger for him for a while.

Joemailman
09-23-2022, 02:04 PM
Sammy Watkins (hamstring), Randall Cobb (illness) and Mason Crosby (illness) were only 3 players not practicing today.

SudsMcBucky
09-23-2022, 03:36 PM
Watkins ruled out for Sunday.

RashanGary
09-23-2022, 03:53 PM
We had 80 degrees in Green Bay up to a couple days ago. They should still be conditioned for heat.

Joemailman
09-23-2022, 04:17 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FdXcRUeXwAIBkuq?format=jpg&name=medium

Guiness
09-23-2022, 04:43 PM
Watkins, Watson, Cobb on the Pack side; Evans, Gage, Jones, and Goodwin from the Bucs. Could these teams go 5 wide if they pooled their remaining WRs?

Upnorth
09-23-2022, 07:08 PM
Really wanted Watkins to break the injury bug....

bobblehead
09-23-2022, 07:12 PM
The only people who didn't see this coming would ve the people arguing with me about how awesome the KC WR corps was compared to ours a few years ago.

call_me_ishmael
09-23-2022, 10:42 PM
Let the young bucks eat. I love it, personally. Doubs and Watson are better players anyway.

Anti-Polar Bear
09-23-2022, 10:57 PM
Watkins = Wally Pipp

SudsMcBucky
09-24-2022, 12:28 PM
And now what we all feared with Watkins. He's on the IR.

Guiness
09-24-2022, 01:56 PM
2 games out of Watkins. I would've gone a little longer on the o/u for games played. Did they say what the injury was, beyond 'hamstring'?

Fritz
09-24-2022, 03:39 PM
2 games out of Watkins. I would've gone a little longer on the o/u for games played. Did they say what the injury was, beyond 'hamstring'?

Bobble said vaginitis.

Joemailman
09-24-2022, 04:42 PM
It looks like...

GREEN BAY, Wis. – Green Bay Packers left tackle David Bakhtiari is trending toward playing on Sunday against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.

Bakhtiari practiced on Thursday and Friday this week and was listed as questionable by coach Matt LaFleur. He will be in the starting lineup, so long as there are no hiccups – the possible adverse effects of a long flight to Tampa, for instance.

As the team boarded the flight to Tampa on Saturday afternoon, some of the linemen wore Bakhtiari T-shirts. There was only one way to read into their choice of wardrobe. A source said they could be “prophetic.”

Joemailman
09-24-2022, 05:20 PM
Upper 80's with a 35% chance of thunderstorms during the game.

RashanGary
09-24-2022, 05:23 PM
Upper 80's with a 35% chance of thunderstorms during the game.

Humid. Hot. Not ideal. Their guys are better conditioned for it than our guys.

Bretsky
09-24-2022, 10:09 PM
Do they have any of their WR's this week ? This is really setting up nicely for GB

call_me_ishmael
09-25-2022, 12:17 AM
So, what’s your preeiction? I got the Pack winning this one. The Doubs show.

George Cumby
09-25-2022, 12:19 AM
So, what’s your preeiction? I got the Pack winning this one. The Doubs show.

I picked this as a Packers loss when voting in the Win-Loss record.

Joemailman
09-25-2022, 07:50 AM
Adam Schefter
@AdamSchefter
Packers WR Randall Cobb, listed as questionable for Sunday due to an illness, is likely to play vs. the Buccaneers; however rookie WR Christian Watson, listed as questionable due to a hamstring injury, is unlikely to play, per source.

So they have Lazard, Cobb, Doubs, Winfree, AmRod and Toure.

Anti-Polar Bear
09-25-2022, 09:12 AM

Insert J-Alex at WR. Problem solved.

Fritz
09-25-2022, 09:20 AM

I think Toure will get a few snaps and make a big catch somewhere along the way.

I also think the Packers will wilt in the heat and humidity late in the game and this one will slip away.

We shall see, and I hope I am wrong. Maybe the Pack will get their dander up and kick some ass.