PDA

View Full Version : More Banjo - Packers vs Bucs

Joemailman
09-25-2022, 06:47 PM
Aaron Rodgers - 27-35, 255 yards, 2 TD, 1 INT

Romeo Doubs - 8 catches, 73 yards, 1 TD

Allen Lazard- 4 catches, 45 yards, 1 TD

Jones and Dillon with just 68 yards combined on 24 carries.

Campbell - 14 total tackles, 1 TFL, and the all-important pass defensed.

Reed and Savage with fumble recoveries.

Kenny Clark with 2 sacks.

O'Donnell with 7 punts for 48.4 average with 5 inside 20.

Defense held Fournette to 35 yards om 12 carries.

Discuss.

beveaux1
09-25-2022, 06:54 PM
MLF struggled with play calling the entire 2nd half. Defense kept us in the game. Not a fan of the soft coverage at the end because TB had no playmakers to beat us deep.

Anti-Polar Bear
09-25-2022, 07:01 PM
The Packers inability to convert 3rd and short was uncool and toothless.

Joemailman
09-25-2022, 07:09 PM
MLF struggled with play calling the entire 2nd half. Defense kept us in the game. Not a fan of the soft coverage at the end because TB had no playmakers to beat us deep.

I think the struggle was the O-line having trouble adjusting to what Bucs were doing with their front 7. Bowles is a great defensive coach.

Joemailman
09-25-2022, 07:15 PM
Packers are #6 seed in NFC. Vikings are #3. Bears are #7.

texaspackerbacker
09-25-2022, 07:16 PM
It wasn't very satisfying after the Jones fumble, but we beat a tough team at their place in rotten football whether ...... not much bad to say overall.

I didn't like the play calling or the style of D, but the coaches aren't there to please me or other fans. They're there to win the game - which of course they did.

George Cumby
09-25-2022, 08:19 PM
Packers are #6 seed in NFC. Vikings are #3. Bears are #7.

This is why I was really rooting for the Loins.

call_me_ishmael
09-25-2022, 08:59 PM
Is it me or does AJ Dillon seem slow as balls this year? Where’d his speed go?

Joemailman
09-25-2022, 09:19 PM

Averaging just 3.5 YPC. Hasn't looked fast or particularly powerful.

RashanGary
09-25-2022, 09:25 PM
Romeo Doubs on pace for 79 and 776

Joemailman
09-25-2022, 09:45 PM
Romeo Doubs on pace for 79 and 776

I think he'll be better when teams have to respect Watson's (and hopefully Watkins') deep threat. Today Doubs was Packers fastest receiver.

Joemailman
09-25-2022, 10:26 PM
https://charts-cdn-a.nextgenstats.nfl.com/static-charts/900/pass-chart_ROD339293_2022-REG-3_1664156408676.jpeg

https://nextgenstats.nfl.com/charts/single/all/team/2022/week/romeo-doubs/DOU043165

Joemailman
09-25-2022, 10:27 PM
https://charts-cdn-a.nextgenstats.nfl.com/static-charts/900/route-chart_DOU043165_2022-REG-3_1664156433326.jpeg

George Cumby
09-25-2022, 10:29 PM

He looks smaller, too.

texaspackerbacker
09-26-2022, 05:18 AM
True about Dillon.

How many of you saw the Badger debacle? About the only good thing that came out of it - which the Packers ought to try - was the read option with Braelon Allen. I'd like to see a direct snap to Aaron Jones with Dillon beside him - either having the ability to carry the ball. Obviously I don't mean all the time, but as a change of pace or short yardage play, that should be damn effective.

Fritz
09-26-2022, 10:35 AM
Agreed on Dillon. I don't know what to think of the o-line. I suppose with time they'll get better, as long as no new you-know-whats hit. I will say that Royce Newman sure seems the weakest link. I wonder if this team would be better if they moved Jenkins back to guard and played Zach Tom at RT. Get Newman out of there.

Sparkey
09-26-2022, 10:38 AM
I think the struggle was the O-line having trouble adjusting to what Bucs were doing with their front 7. Bowles is a great defensive coach.

I agree Joe. Bowles did a great job mixing coverages and changing up who was coming on each play. TB's defense is top notch.

run pMc
09-26-2022, 05:45 PM
That Rodgers pass chart joe posted usually results in a loss. Not a lot of downfield stuff.

The offense really struggled against a well coached, aggressive, super-talented defense. That's really not a surprise, but after the first half you had hope they would have at least one long TD drive in them to put some distance on Tampa.
Kudos to the defense and especially special teams for winning this one.

Bretsky
09-26-2022, 07:42 PM
True about Dillon.

How many of you saw the Badger debacle? About the only good thing that came out of it - which the Packers ought to try - was the read option with Braelon Allen. I'd like to see a direct snap to Aaron Jones with Dillon beside him - either having the ability to carry the ball. Obviously I don't mean all the time, but as a change of pace or short yardage play, that should be damn effective.

GREAT POST and GREAT IDEA

George Cumby
09-26-2022, 08:59 PM
Here's a mind blowing thought:

If our 'Teams continue to improve, they could actually be the difference maker and WIN A GAME.

Mind. Blown.

Joemailman
09-26-2022, 10:07 PM
Here's a mind blowing thought:

If our 'Teams continue to improve, they could actually be the difference maker and WIN A GAME.

Mind. Blown.

For that, you probably need teams to score a touchdown. Don't see Am Rod taking one the distance, so it might have to be a fake. Bring back Crabtree.

Joemailman
09-26-2022, 11:21 PM
Gotta love Lazard.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1574506295176138754

George Cumby
09-27-2022, 08:18 AM
That was awesome.

Decleats CB, casually walks off, DB all bent, ignores.

texaspackerbacker
09-27-2022, 10:24 AM
I love it ...... but don't they have a stupid rule against that kind of block now? illegal crackback?

run pMc
09-27-2022, 12:10 PM
Not sure but there were some people claiming it should be a penalty.

This also made me laugh
https://twitter.com/getnickwright/status/1574571896896626694?s=20&t=dhDTMtApVrSKWXm1kRw9xQ

bobblehead
09-27-2022, 12:14 PM
Not sure but there were some people claiming it should be a penalty.

This also made me laugh
https://twitter.com/getnickwright/status/1574571896896626694?s=20&t=dhDTMtApVrSKWXm1kRw9xQ

He didn't "crack back" He braced for contact when the DB ran into him. Nothing illegal about it. Now if he had a running start and initiated against the DB it could be a flag.

George Cumby
09-27-2022, 01:00 PM
It gets better every loop. I just smile watching it.

The pad placement right into dude's sternum is just so precise it's almost Art.

Guiness
09-27-2022, 01:23 PM
It wasn't very satisfying after the Jones fumble, but we beat a tough team at their place in rotten football whether ...... not much bad to say overall.

I didn't like the play calling or the style of D, but the coaches aren't there to please me or other fans. They're there to win the game - which of course they did.

with no A/C in the dressing room if tweets yesterday are to be believed. I get some gamesmanship, but that is just downright dangerous.

Joemailman
09-28-2022, 08:28 AM
A Green Bay Packer, Pat O'Donnell, is NFC Special Teams Player Of The Week. This may take some getting used to.

MadScientist
09-28-2022, 09:47 AM
A Green Bay Packer, Pat O'Donnell, is NFC Special Teams Player Of The Week. This may take some getting used to.

With assists from Ford and Nixon. Big change from last year's shitfest.

Fritz
09-28-2022, 10:00 AM

I wonder if last year's punter is still in the league. What wuz his name, Porky Borckowitz?

I think his ideal situation would be to punt for a warm-weather team or a dome team, and not have to do any holding. I think a lot of Crosby's struggles last year were on that punter.

RashanGary
09-28-2022, 10:00 AM
If the OL finds its groove and Rodgers builds some chemistry with the rookie receivers we might have a nice run.

We could use a nice health luck season too.

Fritz
09-28-2022, 10:06 AM
If the o-line can stay healthy, and if the coaches realize a right side of Jenkins at guard and Tom at tackle is better than the "I got rolled" Royce Newman and Jenkins show, then all will be well.

Joemailman
09-28-2022, 10:30 AM
I wonder if last year's punter is still in the league. What wuz his name, Porky Borckowitz?

I think his ideal situation would be to punt for a warm-weather team or a dome team, and not have to do any holding. I think a lot of Crosby's struggles last year were on that punter.

Bojorquez is punting for Cleveland. Not particularly well. 27th in net average. No idea if he's holding for kicks.

call_me_ishmael
09-28-2022, 10:49 AM
If the o-line can stay healthy, and if the coaches realize a right side of Jenkins at guard and Tom at tackle is better than the "I got rolled" Royce Newman and Jenkins show, then all will be well.

I bet they put Tom at guard. Jenkins is a tackle going forward and will demand to be paid as one IMO.

Bojo seems like he has really fallen off. He was a hot commodity the past couple years prior to his stint in GB.

run pMc
09-28-2022, 11:54 AM
Bojorquez is punting for Cleveland. Not particularly well. 27th in net average. No idea if he's holding for kicks.

Yeah, I believe JK Scott is with LAC and Bojo is with CLE.
I think people have figured out that Bojo is not a good holder, and that was one of many ST issues that hurt GB last year.

run pMc
09-28-2022, 12:04 PM
I bet they put Tom at guard. Jenkins is a tackle going forward and will demand to be paid as one IMO.

Bojo seems like he has really fallen off. He was a hot commodity the past couple years prior to his stint in GB.

I think they'd like Sean Rhyan to beat Newman, but that's not happening this year and until that happens it will be Tom. I like Tom better at T than G but I think he'll be good anywhere you play him. Jenkins could probably play RG even though he only has like ONE pro snap of experience... he's played everywhere else on the line more. Agree he's going to want to play T and be paid as such next year. He's worth it, having guys like Tom and Jenkins is incredibly valuable; we're a little spoiled in having players who can play multiple positions with little/no dropoff. I know the coaches train them that way, but it's not common to do it with the success they have. It helps having an experienced QB with elite processing and quick release too.

Newman is ok, they can (and have) win with him at RG but you'll always be trying to find better and he's not a tackle. At worst he's solid, experienced depth and that has value.

HarveyWallbangers
09-28-2022, 09:45 PM
Yeah, I believe JK Scott is with LAC and Bojo is with CLE.
I think people have figured out that Bojo is not a good holder, and that was one of many ST issues that hurt GB last year.

I think it's been a shitfest with holds in Cleveland too.

texaspackerbacker
09-28-2022, 09:47 PM

Glad to see somebody else recognize that Jenkins should be at Guard instead of Tackle. Hopefully the coaching staff come to that conclusion too.

run pMc
09-29-2022, 09:06 AM
I guess I should have more patience with Newman. Sitton wasn't a full time starter until his 2nd year, and Lang his 3rd.
Newman needs some more strength and technique work if he's going to be a Guard. He's not a Tackle.
Thing with Sitton and Lang - they were 22 when drafted, Newman was like 24. I think Newman isn't a bad player, but I wonder how much more upside there will be with him.

As for Jenkins, I agree with most here that he's a better G than T, but he's good enough to play either.

bobblehead
09-30-2022, 03:34 PM

Maybe it was the long snapper's fault.

Fritz
10-01-2022, 11:16 AM
Could be.