PDA

View Full Version : Official NE Patriots Discussion Thread, 2022.

George Cumby
09-26-2022, 01:59 PM
Sorry, Joe.

But it just came out Mac Jones has a high ankle sprain.

Gonna' be a tough day for Hoyer.

Joemailman
09-26-2022, 02:21 PM
The last time the Packers faced a Patriots team without Tom Brady was 1997. Packers are 6-6 all-time vs Patriots, 5-6 in regular season, 1-0 in Superb Owls.

Bretsky
09-26-2022, 07:50 PM
ONCE UPON A TIME I was criticized for nothing that the starting QB we're facing, Bryan Hoyer, was better than Matt the Legend Flynn many many many years ago

I never thought Hoyer was really any good.............but.................Where the Hell is Matt Flynn ??????

Joemailman
09-26-2022, 10:00 PM
Quarterback controversy!

Andy Herman
@AndyHermanNFL
That helmet... Clearly Randall Cobb clearly wants a QB change.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FditmiiXgAA1bv2?format=jpg&name=small

HarveyWallbangers
09-26-2022, 11:53 PM
Going to the game this weekend. What are some kid friendly things to do in Green Bay on a Saturday before a game?

Anti-Polar Bear
09-27-2022, 02:25 AM
Going to the game this weekend. What are some kid friendly things to do in Green Bay on a Saturday before a game?

Wallbangers, circa, 2009 at the Packerrats meetup game: Where’s the booze, Mary Jane and strippers?

Wallbangers in 2022: Any kid-friendly PG activities to pass the time?

Dude, you’re getting old and uncool.

run pMc
09-27-2022, 09:21 AM
Wallbangers, circa, 2009 at the Packerrats meetup game: Where’s the booze, Mary Jane and strippers?

LMAO

Teamcheez1
09-27-2022, 09:39 AM
I like this article comparing Rodgers and Brady from this past week.

https://zonecoverage.com/2022/packers/the-aaron-rodgers-tom-brady-double-standard-is-once-again-on-full-display/

run pMc
09-27-2022, 09:39 AM
ONCE UPON A TIME I was criticized for nothing that the starting QB we're facing, Bryan Hoyer, was better than Matt the Legend Flynn many many many years ago

I never thought Hoyer was really any good.............but.................Where the Hell is Matt Flynn ??????

I think he had the Tommy John injury or something with his elbow that wrecked his arm? Flynn is happily retired and occasionally pops up on social media etc.

Brian Hoyer was a good backup ... 3-5 years ago. I think he backed up the Bears one year and the Packers beat him then? (looks up stats) Yep, in 2016. He's a 59% career passer, although he;s throw about 100 passes in the last 4 seasons. He'll be well prepared by Belichick, but he's a 37 year old backup.

Losing Mac Jones hurts them, but this NE team is not as dangerous as the Brady-Belichick ones. Their offense is a mess right now as they are still working thru post-McDaniels changes and at least three coaches collaborating to tinker with the offense. Devante Parker played good vs. BAL and they have a good run game, but their defense is a step or two down from Tampa's. If the GB defense plays with momentum from the TB game this should be a win.

IOW:
best case: GB's run game gets going, Watson gets his first TD, defense shuts down Harris-Stevenson duo and pressures Hoyer into Lake Michigan.
worst case: GB comes out flat, NE plays the fired up/desperate underdog role with Belichick coming up with inspired defense against a ho-hum Rodgers, MLF ignores the run game, and two of Hoyer/Parker/Harris/Stevenson go off.

After the MIN game I wasn't sure about this one, but from what I've seen/read of NE and with Jones out this is less of a concern unless GB comes out flat at home.
Packers were heavy favorites when the betting lines opened, I don't think they will change much. GB should win.

Fritz
09-27-2022, 09:42 AM

2020: 7-9

2021: 10-7

2022: 1-2

Bretsky, you have been talking about "Hoody Genius" for years and years. But there's your genius's record since Brady left. 18 - 18. And worked the draft two years ago in his geniusy way to get the QB he wanted. So . . . is he still a genius to you?

Joemailman
09-27-2022, 09:50 AM

Maybe you should invite Harv and the kids to your workplace so you can teach the kids how to flip burgers for minimum wage. Just as long as you explain to them it's not something they should aspire to do for the rest of their freakin' existence.

SudsMcBucky
09-27-2022, 03:03 PM

Packer Hall of Fame???

run pMc
09-27-2022, 04:05 PM
Maybe you should invite Harv and the kids to your workplace so you can teach the kids how to flip burgers for minimum wage. Just as long as you explain to them it's not something they should aspire to do for the rest of their freakin' existence.

I like this idea. Even better: invite the strippers to help the kids flip burgers. See how that goes. Maybe they'll notice your delegation and training skills and promote you.

run pMc
09-27-2022, 04:14 PM

Bretsky, you have been talking about "Hoody Genius" for years and years. But there's your genius's record since Brady left. 18 - 18. And worked the draft two years ago in his geniusy way to get the QB he wanted. So . . . is he still a genius to you?

I actually don't mind the Mac Jones pick, but Hoody is a little strange with the draft. Cole Strange in R1 was a reach by everyone's standards but his, apparently. Maybe he'll pan out, who knows. How many Offensive Guards taken in R1 have panned out in the last 10 years?

RashanGary
09-27-2022, 05:11 PM

How old are the kids??

RashanGary
09-27-2022, 05:13 PM
Packers have #6 ranked defense in yards and points and #1 in 3rd down defense. Joe Barry doing well so far.

Joemailman
09-27-2022, 06:48 PM
Patriots defense has only given up 600 passing yards in 3 games. However, they've given up 6 TD passes vs just 2 INT's. Their run defense ranks 19th, having given up 344 rushing yards at 4.8 YPC.

Patriots are 11th in passing yards with 747 yards, but with just 2 TD's and 5 INT's. Patriots are 13th in rushing yards with 347 at 4.3 YPC. Damien Harris and Rhamondre Stevenson split the carries about evenly.

Bretsky
09-27-2022, 07:26 PM

Hoody Genius is the best coach in the NFL; but he's a way below average GM. NE should have never let Scott Pioli go and give alll the reigns to Hoodie.

But yes, he's still the king; but looking like Mac Jones was a fatal mistake

Bretsky
09-27-2022, 07:26 PM

You wanna meet me at the Oval Office again ? :))))

HarveyWallbangers
09-27-2022, 08:01 PM
Packer Hall of Fame???

Did that last time. Is the stadium tour worth it? Do they do it the day before the game? If so, do I need to get tickets in advance?

HarveyWallbangers
09-27-2022, 08:02 PM
How old are the kids??

12 and 16 and my girlfriend will be with.

HarveyWallbangers
09-27-2022, 08:03 PM
You wanna meet me at the Oval Office again ? :))))

Some day bud

Sparkey
09-28-2022, 08:26 AM
12 and 16 and my girlfriend will be with.

Titletown district. Bring a football to throw on the astroturf field and let them run 40's. There is a top golf there as well. Table top games, many times there will be music by Krolls.

It is a neat place to visit.

bobblehead
09-28-2022, 10:00 AM
So, my vast NFL watching experience tells me that teams coming off big road wins against potential NFCC opponents react 3 ways.

Below average and bad teams let down and get destroyed.

Average teams play average games.

Good teams build on that win.

Lets see what kind of team this really is.

Fritz
09-28-2022, 10:05 AM
Some day bud

Be careful, Harv. You know our boy Bretsky; he'll want you to bring your girlfriend so he can buy her a lap dance and watch.

Sounds like Sparkey has some good ideas.

Joemailman
09-28-2022, 10:13 AM
East, north and south, plus Alaska and Hawaii gets Patriots at Packers. Jim Nantz and Tony Romo with the call. Most of the west gets Denver at Las Vegas. Kevin Harlan and Trent Green with the call.

https://506sports.com/2022/04-CBS-L.png

jklowan
09-28-2022, 10:22 AM
So I am probably the rats Pat expert, I live almost in the shadows of Patriot Place "barf", the house that the cheaters built. I think the only chance that the Pats have is the running game, they have 2 good running backs and a decent O line, not playing well so far this year. The Pack's weakness still seems to be the run d tighten that up and we will be fine. The Pack's passing game has a chance to shine as the Pat's don't really have a decent 2ndary. I think we win by 2 td's

George Cumby
09-28-2022, 11:11 AM
So I am probably the rats Pat expert, I live almost in the shadows of Patriot Place "barf", the house that the cheaters built. I think the only chance that the Pats have is the running game, they have 2 good running backs and a decent O line, not playing well so far this year. The Pack's weakness still seems to be the run d tighten that up and we will be fine. The Pack's passing game has a chance to shine as the Pat's don't really have a decent 2ndary. I think we win by 2 td's

I took a brief foray onto a Pats chatroom to see their reaction to their QB's injury.

The amount of delusion was epic.

Are Pats fans that clueless or is my impression based on too small a sample size?

Joemailman
09-28-2022, 12:30 PM
MLF said Jaire is day to day.

Today's practice is just a walk through. Bakhtiari will not practice. That was planned.

jklowan
09-28-2022, 03:20 PM
I took a brief foray onto a Pats chatroom to see their reaction to their QB's injury.

The amount of delusion was epic.

Are Pats fans that clueless or is my impression based on too small a sample size?

They are still so delusional about the current status of the team it's laughable.

Joemailman
09-28-2022, 03:28 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FdxOoRtWYAEXECh?format=jpg&name=medium

MadScientist
09-28-2022, 08:47 PM
MLF said Jaire is day to day.

Today's practice is just a walk through. Bakhtiari will not practice. That was planned.

Day to day, so at least 3 weeks then.

Anti-Polar Bear
09-29-2022, 09:54 AM

Since 2008, I’ve applied to thousands of firms with the goal of acquiring a boring accounting desk job. Nobody would hire me. Hell, the nonprofit Green Bay Packers, Inc. wouldn’t even hire me for an entry level accounts payable gig at $8.50/hr - and pretty sure I aced that interview.

I don’t flip burgers out of choice.

Teamcheez1
09-29-2022, 10:13 AM
I don’t expect to see Jaire or Watson playing this week. I also think Bakh will be on a snap count.

Anti-Polar Bear
09-29-2022, 10:33 AM
I like this idea. Even better: invite the strippers to help the kids flip burgers. See how that goes. Maybe they'll notice your delegation and training skills and promote you.

I show up every fucking day, do my fucking job, keep my productivity up despite a bad back and a bad hip. They refuse to promote me.

Just finished binge watching Hard Knocks : Training Camp with the Detroit Lions. The Lions cut David Blough, the same David Blough who almost beat the Packers in week 17 of the 2019 season, at the end of camp. Lions want to sign Blough to their Practice Squad. Brough, instead, opts to sign with the Queens’ Practice Squad. Non-racist redneck, Dan Campbell, is like, can’t blame a man for walking away if he sees the status quo as a dead end street.

I want the Packers to annihilate the Lions every fucking time this season. But there’s no denying that Campbell is a wise man. If burger flipping is a dead end gig, what’s the logic behind wasting away one’s remaining existence flipping burgers for the minimum-wage?

run pMc
09-29-2022, 10:58 AM
^ Sounds just like McCarthy not giving Aaron Jones any snaps. Someone should start a Promote APB movement.

Campbell isn't dumb, he's just weird. Detroit is headed in the right direction, but I wonder if Campbell's schtick will wear out.

I like that he's aggressive, but I think he's a little too aggressive. They should have tried to pin Minny in the shadow of their own goal instead of going for a long FG with a kicker who can't make those.
Even Paul Allen was like "what are they doing?"

Joemailman
09-29-2022, 11:10 AM
^ Sounds just like McCarthy not giving Aaron Jones any snaps. Someone should start a Promote APB movement.

Campbell isn't dumb, he's just weird. Detroit is headed in the right direction, but I wonder if Campbell's schtick will wear out.

I like that he's aggressive, but I think he's a little too aggressive. They should have tried to pin Minny in the shadow of their own goal instead of going for a long FG with a kicker who can't make those.
Even Paul Allen was like "what are they doing?"Campbell gets his team to play hard every week. However, at some point you have to start winning your share of winnable games. They've blown quite a few.

Joemailman
09-29-2022, 01:30 PM
Matt Schneidman
@mattschneidman

Jaire Alexander stretched with team but stayed inside. Christian Watson is practicing outside. Packers are in shoulder pads today after yesterday’s jog-through.

Bakhtiari getting his scheduled rest day. Jenkins practicing after his rest day yesterday.

Lewis also not practicing.

run pMc
09-29-2022, 01:56 PM
I think they'll rest Alexander this week, Hoyer and NE's WRs aren't likely to light up the secondary like Justin Jefferson.

Am very curious about Bahktiari and how his knee responds to playing. I think they'll rotate him again, at times he was favoring his knee like he's not fully trusting it. Jenkins should play. Would love to see Watson play. With Watkins out they need him out there instead of Winfree.

Joemailman
09-29-2022, 03:35 PM
Looks likely they'll have Watson, not Jaire.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Fd2Ym6pWQAEOOg8?format=jpg&name=large

Guiness
09-29-2022, 04:00 PM
Lawrence Guy. 10-11 year career now? Should have kept him.

bobblehead
09-30-2022, 11:08 AM

Sounds a lot like Darren College who everyone hated and thought we should have gotten rid of sooner.

Joemailman
09-30-2022, 03:30 PM
Encouraging injury report.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Fd7hW2XWAAg72fj?format=jpg&name=medium

run pMc
09-30-2022, 04:08 PM

on IR his first year, then cut and resigned to the PS the next. Signed off the PS by the Colts, then moved on to a few teams and landed with the Patriots, where he's had a very nice career, especially for a R7 pick. I think he needed time to figure out the pro game, plus he had a few learning disabilities (or is that not PC anymore? whatever, take it to the FYI) having been diagnosed with ADHD, severe dyslexia. Had to be tough to grasp a playbook.

Overall, good for him for putting in the work and sticking around. He's got as many SB appearances and rings as Bert Farve.

run pMc
09-30-2022, 04:10 PM
Sounds a lot like Darren College who everyone hated and thought we should have gotten rid of sooner.

Colledge was ok, wasn't that sad to see him go. I think they had replacements ready to step in (Sitton?) by then.
Glad he got paid by the Cardinals. I think he wanted to play T and Gb played him at G.

After his NFL career I believe he went into the armed forces as a medic or something?

Joemailman
09-30-2022, 04:27 PM
Colledge was ok, wasn't that sad to see him go. I think they had replacements ready to step in (Sitton?) by then.
Glad he got paid by the Cardinals. I think he wanted to play T and Gb played him at G.

After his NFL career I believe he went into the armed forces as a medic or something?

Letting Colledge go was the right move. He was talented but inconsistent and they had T.J. Lang waiting in the wings. Letting Guy go was a mistake.

Fritz
10-01-2022, 03:03 AM
It's a good thing I'm not a player or coach. I'm definitely feeling overconfident about this game. If the Packers can't win at home against Brian Hoyer, Hoody Belichick or no, then this team has real problems.

run pMc
10-01-2022, 04:20 AM
I think it being Belichick will prevent a letdown from the team after Tampa game and before the London game. Hoyer is worse than Brady and their defense is not as good as Tampa's. Green Bay is the better team, it's up to them to play like it. It could still be an ugly game, both teams will try to run the ball a lot and Belichick is probably going to focus on stopping Aaron Jones.

Also, Joe Barry better not crap the bed getting the defense ready. Packers should win in ugly 2019 style 24-16.

ThunderDan
10-01-2022, 09:05 AM
I heard on NFL XM radio this week that Hoyer has the longest starting losing streak. Something like 14 or so losses in a row as a starter.

ThunderDan
10-01-2022, 09:05 AM
The reply was look at the teams he has started games for.

Fritz
10-01-2022, 11:12 AM
I think it being Belichick will prevent a letdown from the team after Tampa game and before the London game. Hoyer is worse than Brady and their defense is not as good as Tampa's. Green Bay is the better team, it's up to them to play like it. It could still be an ugly game, both teams will try to run the ball a lot and Belichick is probably going to focus on stopping Aaron Jones.

Also, Joe Barry better not crap the bed getting the defense ready. Packers should win in ugly 2019 style 24-16.

Can the Packer defense finally stop a team from scoring on its opening drive?

I suspect you're right. This might look like a 1970's-era game. Minus the blind-side head shots, the taking-out-the-knees shots, and the mugging the receiver twenty yards down the field.

RashanGary
10-01-2022, 03:06 PM
CB Kiondre Thomas elevated from practice squad for Patriots game. Jaire likely out.

Joemailman
10-01-2022, 08:18 PM
Matt Schneidman
@mattschneidman

Packers LT Yosh Nijman (illness) has been added to the injury report and is now questionable for tomorrows game against the Patriots.

Looks like Bakh may have to go the distance.

texaspackerbacker
10-01-2022, 10:29 PM
I suspect you're right. This might look like a 1970's-era game. Minus the blind-side head shots, the taking-out-the-knees shots, and the mugging the receiver twenty yards down the field.

Gosh, that would be like watching NASCAR with no crashes, hockey with no fights.

Anti-Polar Bear
10-02-2022, 04:54 AM
Gosh, that would be like watching NASCAR with no crashes, hockey with no fights.

And basketball with no Blacks.

smuggler
10-02-2022, 07:21 AM

He was a helicopter mechanic. I don't remember if he was body or engine or what model helicopter, but I met him at Fort Jackson and he showed off his ring. Pretty good guy.

bobblehead
10-04-2022, 04:11 PM
https://packerswire.usatoday.com/2022/10/03/packers-considering-playing-yosh-nijman-at-right-tackle/

Tex might get his wish.

texaspackerbacker
10-04-2022, 06:58 PM
Specifically, I said move Jenkins to Guard. It seems that now a lot of people are saying that, but I think I was saying it first. Nijman at RT? Yeah, I think I mentioned that too, considering how hung up so many are about the Ol' Sacred Cow moving back to LT. Newman did pretty well for the first time this season at RG against New England, and Jenkins sucked pretty bad. I'd say go with Yosh at RT and rotate Newman and Jenkins at RG, whoever is doing the best.