PDA

View Full Version : The official 2022 semi weekly Fuckdoggle award thread

MadScientist
09-27-2022, 02:21 AM
Here it is, the most prestigious honor that Packerrats.com awards - the weekly Fuckdoggle award.

We have our first candidate in week 3. His strong campaign this week should lead to a landslide win for this award. Forced fumble, downed a punt at the 1, and 3rd on the team in tackles after filling in for the injured (again) Alexander. That's right it's Nixon.

For the new people, the Fuckdoggle award is comes from this article: https://deadspin.com/is-playing-quarterback-too-hard-1732774349

HarveyWallbangers
09-27-2022, 04:18 AM
Rudy Ford

Joemailman
09-27-2022, 07:50 AM
Tyler Davis. Most Packer fans wanted him thrown out of the plane on the flight home after a couple bad preseason games. Against the odds he made the team. Against the Bucs he had 2 catches for 26 yards despite being on the field for only 7 passing plays. PFF had him rated as one to the Top 5 players on offense against the Bucs. He also led the team by playing 92% of special teams plays.

George Cumby
09-27-2022, 08:14 AM
Nixon.

run pMc
09-27-2022, 11:56 AM
You could go with Nixon or Ford. Both played well, but I'd lean toward Nixon.

bobblehead
09-27-2022, 12:39 PM
Rudy Ford

Huge upvote. My first post in the GDT was simply "Rudy Ford" What a difference one or 2 special teams aces can make.

Guiness
09-27-2022, 01:21 PM
Huge upvote. My first post in the GDT was simply "Rudy Ford" What a difference one or 2 special teams aces can make.

he's #20, right? Then yes, him!

Joemailman
09-27-2022, 04:34 PM
Nixon has Larry McCarren's vote. https://www.packers.com/video/rock-report-next-man-up

bobblehead
09-30-2022, 03:40 PM
I have to ask. Does a rookie 4th round WR without a career start count? Doubs would win it easily if eligible.

Joemailman
09-30-2022, 03:54 PM
I have to ask. Does a rookie 4th round WR without a career start count? Doubs would win it easily if eligible.

Nope. In fact I would question whether Ford, who played in 15 games and started in 4 for Jax last year, should qualify. But I guess I'm kind of a Fuckdoggle purist.

run pMc
09-30-2022, 04:01 PM
From a Fuckdoggle purist standpoint, Nixon is on shakier ground than Ford. Nixon was signed as a FA, Ford was picked up from JAX after the final cutdowns. I don't recall if he cleared waivers, if it matters.
Either way, I'm not going to get crazy purist on this, especially if it's a semi-weekly award. ;)
On that note -- what about a Fuckdoggle of the Month award?

George Cumby
09-30-2022, 05:55 PM
Nope. In fact I would question whether Ford, who played in 15 games and started in 4 for Jax last year, should qualify. But I guess I'm kind of a Fuckdoggle purist.

I, too, am a Fuckdoggle Purist.

MadScientist
09-30-2022, 10:37 PM
From a Fuckdoggle purist standpoint, Nixon is on shakier ground than Ford. Nixon was signed as a FA, Ford was picked up from JAX after the final cutdowns. I don't recall if he cleared waivers, if it matters.
Either way, I'm not going to get crazy purist on this, especially if it's a semi-weekly award. ;)
On that note -- what about a Fuckdoggle of the Month award?

Both were FA's, just a matter of when they were signed. But Ford came in with a reputation as a special teams ace, and he's living up to that. The Fuckdoggle is about an unheralded player coming in and playing well above expectations. Nixon fits that bill more than Ford. So in my mind, Ford only gets in if Nixon is forced to resign from the Fuckdoggle contention.

We haven't done a Fuckdoggle of the Month before, but Douglas got the Fuckdoggle of the year last year.

RashanGary
09-30-2022, 11:13 PM
Both guys were brought in for special teams ability. They’re both just doing what’s expected. I don’t see a fuckdoggle yet, but it’s a long season and some no name will eventually step up.

Fritz
10-01-2022, 03:02 AM
[QUOTE=RashanGary;1120779]Both guys were brought in for special teams ability. They

Joemailman
10-01-2022, 10:27 AM
Both guys were brought in for special teams ability. They’re both just doing what’s expected. I don’t see a fuckdoggle yet, but it’s a long season and some no name will eventually step up.

There are fewer candidates than there were with TT because TT relied much more on UDFA's to fill out the roster. Gute brings in more vets that are at least somewhat established.

Fritz
10-01-2022, 11:05 AM
Good point.

I think Rashan Gary also has a good point above - those guys are doing what they were expected to do, so they're not fuckdoggles. They're just lowly ST players, so we tend to think of them as fuckdoggleish.

If Arod starts playing at an MVP level with the motley collection of receivers he now has, then I think Blu Earth or whatever her name is would be deserving of a fuckdoggle. Who thought a trippy, tattooed hippie chick wannabe would be able to push Aaron to even greater heights?

Come to think of it, Shailene Woodley probably deserved a fuckdoggle last year. Who knew such an admittedly strange duck could move Aaron to play at an MVP level?

MadScientist
10-01-2022, 12:01 PM
I'm not sure how forcing a fumble on defense and a pass break up in the end zone count as doing what is expected for the fourth corner who had a target on his back the moment Brady saw him come in the game.

Jiare went down, Nixon stepped in and the defense didn't miss a beat.

RashanGary
10-01-2022, 04:23 PM
I'm not sure how forcing a fumble on defense and a pass break up in the end zone count as doing what is expected for the fourth corner who had a target on his back the moment Brady saw him come in the game.

Jiare went down, Nixon stepped in and the defense didn't miss a beat.

Good point. He wasn’t expected to do much on defense. I’ll switch my vote to Nixon and he barely makes the qualifiers for being a fuckdoggle.

We’ll get more fuckdoggle as injuries pile up.

MadScientist
11-13-2022, 07:08 PM
Time to move on from Nixon and elect Ford as Fuckdoggle of the week.

Joemailman
11-13-2022, 07:14 PM
Time to move on from Nixon and elect Ford as Fuckdoggle of the week.

Honorable mention to Isaiah McDuffie. 6th round pick with 13 tackles today.

Sparkey
11-13-2022, 08:01 PM
Honorable mention to Isaiah McDuffie. 6th round pick with 13 tackles today.

Forddoggle ?

Fritz
11-14-2022, 06:09 AM
McDuffie had himself a fine game today.

But Ford is the fuckdoggle of fuckdoggles.

run pMc
11-14-2022, 02:49 PM
Ford gets the Fuckdoggle this week for sure.