PDA

View Full Version : Week 4 other games thread

Guiness
09-30-2022, 10:44 AM
I didn't watch the Bill @ Dolphins game last night, but saw the highlights of Tua's hit. It was scary to watch, really sever fencing reaction. His hands were so contorted I thought his fingers were broken.

I also saw him staggering around after the hit on Sunday. Not sure how he passed the concussion protocol and got cleared to play, but this sure seems like a case of Second impact syndrome. I know a kid that happened to, first one was football, second one was falling 'up' the stairs, he tripped and hit his chin. He had constant headaches for over a year. I wonder if Tua will ever be the same.

bobblehead
09-30-2022, 10:57 AM
Tua needs to sit out a couple months minimum in my opinion. It indeed looked like second impact syndrome. Further the contorting and/or stiffening of limbs (fencing) is indicative of neck trauma as well.

I've never been a Tua fan, but I really hope he takes a long break and makes sure he is 100% before he steps onto a field again.

Joemailman
10-01-2022, 02:27 PM
MIAMI -- The unaffiliated neurotrauma consultant involved in clearing Miami Dolphins quarterback Tua Tagovailoa during Sunday's game against the Buffalo Bills has been fired after it was found he made "several mistakes" in his evaluation, a league source told ESPN.

The source said the NFL Players Association exercised its right to dismiss the consultant. The NFLPA and the league each have the right to fire a UNC without agreement from the other party.

His fault, or a scapegoat?

RashanGary
10-01-2022, 04:25 PM

At Walmart they have all these safety rules but managers pretend they don’t see the violations cuz they’re more worried about speed. But if something ever happened they claim they have these rules and it’s the employees fault.

MadScientist
10-02-2022, 01:01 AM

Bit of both. Somebody needed to go down, but also the protocol says:

Players are only allowed to return to the game if they clear a five-step evaluation process. If a player demonstrates "gross motor instability" caused by neurological reasons, the NFL's guidelines say the player should be taken out of the game.
Even if the wobbly reaction wasn't a concussion, it would indicate a nerve issue that should have kept him out.

Teamcheez1
10-02-2022, 09:50 AM
Saints are toothless without Jameis, Thomas, and Kamara.

Joemailman
10-02-2022, 10:51 AM
CBS Early - Most of the country, including Alaska and Hawaii, will get Buffalo at Baltimore. Ian Eagle and Charles Davis with the call.

https://506sports.com/2022/04-CBS-E-V2.png

Fox Single - Wisconsin Minnesota and much of Illinois will get Chicago at New York Giants. Joe Davis and Daryl Johnston with the call. Michigan and northwest, including Alaska will get Seattle at Detroit. Chris Myers and Robert Smith with the call. Much of the south will get Washington at Dallas. Kevin Burkhardt and Greg Olsen with the call.

https://506sports.com/2022/04-FOX-V2.png

smuggler
10-02-2022, 10:54 AM

Nature of the position. No one will be happy. Either the team/player/fans get frustrated because the neutral authority is too quick to pull players or the team/player/family/fans get upset as they just have in the Tua scenario.

Reality is we know about CTE now and players are still playing, so they're accepting all the liability. Basically nothing changed from back in the day, except players today are quite handsomely recompensed (at the pro level) for their risk. Middle/high school and college players just have to eat shit so the top dogs (players and NCAA/NFL) get meat on their plate.

Rastak
10-02-2022, 02:13 PM
Vikings are incredibly lucky to be 3-1. They have alot of shit to correct.

Anti-Polar Bear
10-02-2022, 03:02 PM
Vikings are incredibly lucky to be 3-1. They have alot of shit to correct.

Missed the game b/c fucking NFL+ wouldn’t allow access without a “TV” subscription. Signed up for NFL+ this morning. NFL clearly stated that live NFL Network contents are accessible for streaming with NFL+. NFL lied.

smuggler
10-02-2022, 03:48 PM
Really think the Jaguars and Lions are significantly better this year. Of course, the Lions can't buy a stop on defense, but they're averaging more than 40 a game on offense.

Teamcheez1
10-02-2022, 08:29 PM
Chiefs doing to the Bucs what we should have done last week.

texaspackerbacker
10-04-2022, 11:56 PM
Hey APB, did you hear about your guy, Metcalf, being carted off the field last game? Apparently the circumstances really stank.

Anti-Polar Bear
10-05-2022, 07:28 AM
Hey APB, did you hear about your guy, Metcalf, being carted off the field last game? Apparently the circumstances really stank.

Coulda just jogged into the locker room, but he said a ride was offered.

texaspackerbacker
10-05-2022, 08:33 AM
no shit ....... or was there? hahahahahaha

Fritz
10-05-2022, 08:39 AM
I think the NFL and the Fins are trying to hide behind the scapegoating of the doctor. Yes, the doc should have been fired - that was gross negligence - but can the coach really claim ignorance here? Come on. "Gee, the doc said he was okay, so I thought his stumbling around was really no big deal."

I think, if I were a player, I would lose confidence in that coach. How can you trust that guy?

Jaire Alexander sits out because he's got a groin pull, but the Miami coach lets his QB play despite wobbling around like a bobble head?

texaspackerbacker
10-05-2022, 08:52 AM
Players want to play, and I sure don't blame the coach for letting them. I also don't blame the doctor for letting Tua get away with it when he lied and said it was his back, not his head. Back in the day, this woulda been a big nothing. Remember Favre grabbing his helmet and going back in after likely getting a concussion. A few decades farther back, Hornung used to get this gruesome looking neck thing, then rest a while and bounce right back in. Aikman and Steve Young used to get their heads beat up on a regular basis - no long term problems. It's just recent times that they've had this stupid concussion protocol. The few players who did have problems, Jim McMahan at the top of the list, probably got their minds screwed up by other things - drugs.