PDA

View Full Version : Official Packers vs Giants at London Discussion Thread

Joemailman
10-04-2022, 07:40 PM
Packers lead all-time series 34-26-2. 29-23-2 in regular season, 5-3 in playoffs.

Last meeting: December 1, 2019. Packers defeated Giants 31-13. Aaron Rodgers threw for 243 yards and 4 TD's. Daniel Jones had 240 yards with 1 TD and 3 INT's.

Guess what? Both teams will want to run the ball. Giants rank #1 in the NFL in rushing yards. Packers are #7. Saquon Barkley has rushed for 463 yards, averaging 5.5 YPC. QB Daniel Jones has rushed for 193 yards. However, he has an ankle injury and will probably be limited, if he plays at all. Jones has thrown for only 631 yards with 3 TD's and 2 INT's. He has been sacked 14 times.

Neither defense has been very good at stopping the run, Packers ranking 22nd and Giants 28th. Both teams defend the pass well, Packers ranking 3rd and Giants ranking 8th.

RashanGary
10-04-2022, 11:10 PM
Kenny Clark turned 27 today. He might be even better this year, in the best shape of his career. Wonder how many years he’ll keep producing for.

MadScientist
10-05-2022, 12:23 AM
Too fucking early in the morning. I really hope the NFL doesn't steal a home game again from the Packers in two years.

Fritz
10-05-2022, 08:35 AM
Let's hope Joe Barely doesn't trot out the nickel and stay with it while the Gints are running and running and running.

I wonder when the Packers will fly over there? Do you go early so the team can adjust to the time change and maybe go see a play at the Stratford Theatre? Or do you just ship 'em over right before so they can be in the comforts of the home environs for as long as possible?

Joemailman
10-05-2022, 09:21 AM
Let's hope Joe Barely doesn't trot out the nickel and stay with it while the Gints are running and running and running.

I wonder when the Packers will fly over there? Do you go early so the team can adjust to the time change and maybe go see a play at the Stratford Theatre? Or do you just ship 'em over right before so they can be in the comforts of the home environs for as long as possible?

I think they're flying out Thursday after practice. Will arrive early Friday morning.

Fritz
10-05-2022, 12:12 PM
I think they're flying out Thursday after practice. Will arrive early Friday morning.

I think that makes sense - they can acclimate a little bit so maybe it doesn't feel like they're playing a game at 8:30 in the morning.

run pMc
10-05-2022, 12:33 PM
Barkley should be the focus. Richie James is their leading receiver and both Daniel Jones and Tyrod Taylor were hurt last week. If Jones goes he won't be as mobile, which is a big part of his game. I think he struggles with his reads. Taylor is usually safe if unspectacular, he's a good backup but he's no Aaron Rodgers. Their OL is.. ok? Stop the run, plaster the receivers.

On defense they're not as good as TB or NE. They have a few very good pieces, but their pass rush is middling and they haven't been great against the run either. If 2nd half Rodgers shows up in London they should win this going away, but I worry it will actually be Nic Cage stepping off the plane and acting like he's in Bad Lieutenant 2.

There's plenty from the last game for GB to improve from, maybe the public reaction to the game will light a fire. Maybe the jet lag will get them. GB is the better team in more of the places where it matters and should be favored by a good amount in this game but I feel like this and every other game will be a struggle a la 2019.

run pMc
10-05-2022, 03:50 PM
https://www.bigblueview.com/2022/10/5/23387595/what-we-know-and-what-we-dont-know-about-the-giants-after-four-games

Also: Daniel Jones practiced today. I think it's fair to assume he'll play Sunday. Giants have a long injury list -- longer than the Packers. Sterling Shepard on season-ending IR, and most of their WRs are hurt.
Like I said above, Barkley should be the focus for the defense.

Also, I'm hoping for a Christian Watson break-out game. Just a hunch.

Joemailman
10-05-2022, 07:37 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FeVTMJAXoAAcCEp?format=png&name=small

Tony Oday
10-05-2022, 08:45 PM
Well a 9am fuck you game. Don't care, more then likely won't be awake.

Anti-Polar Bear
10-05-2022, 10:53 PM
Well a 9am fuck you game. Don't care, more then likely won't be awake.

Go root for the Queens then, punk.

Btw, the Packers signed former Queens ILB Eric Wilson. Dog fucker, err, fuckdoggle, award alert.

Joemailman
10-06-2022, 04:18 PM
Good news on Jaire and Amos. Not so good on Wyatt.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FeaQe4ZXEA44WgI?format=jpg&name=large

MadScientist
10-06-2022, 09:58 PM
Go root for the Queens then, punk.

Btw, the Packers signed former Queens ILB Eric Wilson. Dog fucker, err, fuckdoggle, award alert.

He has to play, and play well. But it would be perfect if he did so for the second MN game.

RashanGary
10-07-2022, 08:31 AM
Matt Lafleur being super uptight, calling it a business trip and saying players can go see London when they’re not playing a game and saying he stayed in the hotel on his previous trips and saying players should do the right thing. Rodgers saying they want to go out to a pub and have a Guinness and see the culture.

We’ll see how they handle it.

run pMc
10-07-2022, 09:27 AM
Don't turn the ball over (turnovers are killing them) and tackle Barkley. That will get them most of the way.
Rodgers can drink all he wants after he plays like an MVP.

Anti-Polar Bear
10-07-2022, 09:38 AM
[QUOTE=RashanGary;1121219]Matt Lafleur being super uptight, calling it a business trip and saying players can go see London when they

Anti-Polar Bear
10-07-2022, 09:41 AM
Matt Lafleur being super uptight, calling it a business trip and saying players can go see London when they’re not playing a game and saying he stayed in the hotel on his previous trips and saying players should do the right thing. Rodgers saying they want to go out to a pub and have a Guinness and see the culture.

We’ll see how they handle it.

I can understand why the Frog (LaFluer) is all business - he fears the Packers would seek too much pleasure and get embarrassed internationally on and off the field.

On the other hand, I also dig Butte’s perspective. Overrated Yokozuna, Kenny “Cletidus” Clark, has never been outside of the US til this week, which is surprising cos he, averaging an overpaid salary of $18M/yr, certainly does not lack the frogskins to transverse this fragile and lonely planet. British cuisine sucks, but the Brits are humble, sophisticated and classy. Would do the players good to truly experience said and said and said.

Anti-Polar Bear
10-07-2022, 09:41 AM
Triple post.

SudsMcBucky
10-07-2022, 09:45 AM
With the complete lack of any offensive threat outside of Barkley, might it make sense to throw a spy on him? Maybe someone like Quay who has the wheels to keep up?

RashanGary
10-07-2022, 09:50 AM
If jaire is back, this looks like a good game to load the box.

Anti-Polar Bear
10-07-2022, 09:53 AM
He has to play, and play well. But it would be perfect if he did so for the second MN game.

To be honest, I find all the fuckdoggle debates hilarious. It ain’t like Rudy beats the odds, makes an NFL roster and picks off Tom Brady to win a Super Bowl. Most of the current underdog candidates were once top dogs at lower levels. If they pimp out and play well in the NFL, they pretty much are just doing their fucking job.

Anti-Polar Bear
10-07-2022, 09:58 AM
Don't turn the ball over (turnovers are killing them) and tackle Barkley. That will get them most of the way.
Rodgers can drink all he wants after he plays like an MVP.

Yeah, for once I’d like to see the Packers play a clean game this year. Turnovers are handicapping mass and velocity (also known as momentum). No pooping out rocks. No Bert Favoresque picks.

Joemailman
10-07-2022, 10:25 AM
Bakhtiari did not practice, but will play.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FeedfxQXoAI5rkP?format=jpg&name=small

RashanGary
10-07-2022, 04:46 PM
Jaire is going. Might as well bring that extra safety down and let the corners and savage cover the deep part of the field.

Teamcheez1
10-08-2022, 07:37 PM
Throw the Giants off. Go with a 4-3 defensive alignment with a safety in the box as your 3rd LB. Play two high safeties with CB’s in press coverage. Bring a safety up depending on the offensive alignment.

texaspackerbacker
10-08-2022, 08:02 PM
You would take Quay or Campbell off the field with the Giants run game and their need to use it with D. Jones playing hurt? Three Safeties when we may only have one quality Safety available? And one of our excellent three Corners on the bench?

I'd play man coverage on the outside and Douglas on the slot receiver, a 3-4 with the OLBs warned to do a damn good job setting the edge - a higher priority than pass rush on all but obvious pass situations. That still leaves two high Safetys. If Amos can't play, I'd play Nixon at Slot Corner and Douglas at Safety. I would definitely not play zone with our ILBs in the short zones.

Teamcheez1
10-08-2022, 08:42 PM
4 - Smith, Gary, Clark, Lowry
3 - Campbell, Walker, 3rd safety or LB
Secondary - Amos, Savage, Stokes, Alexander
Douglas may come in for nickel in place of LB/ Safety

We don’t lose a LB with a 4-3.

texaspackerbacker
10-08-2022, 11:08 PM
That's basically the two man line thing Barry played against good passing teams or obvious passing situation. You don't lose a LB hahahaha; You lose two D Linemen, which most of the time wouldn't bother me, but with Barkley the Giants propensity to run the ball, it's not the time for a two man line. It's only 4-3 if you label the two OLBs as DEs.