PDA

View Full Version : Week 5 other games

MadScientist
10-06-2022, 09:34 PM
For those without prime, you are missing out on a terrible game. Some comments from the announcers:
"Can a game be so bad it's good?"
"Maybe a game will break out."

Joemailman
10-06-2022, 10:21 PM
Cancelled my entire Amazon account earlier this year. Sounds like I'm not missing much. Next week's Thursday game is Washington at Chicago. :doh:

MadScientist
10-06-2022, 10:37 PM
Cancelled my entire Amazon account earlier this year. Sounds like I'm not missing much. Next week's Thursday game is Washington at Chicago. :doh:

I turned it off even though it was a 3 point game in the 4th to watch F1 practice. That's how engaging that game was.

Anti-Polar Bear
10-07-2022, 10:21 AM
Damn kids. No fucking appreciation for defense. When each of y’all was merely one of billions of insignificant sperms swimming around for a chance encounter with an egg, I witnessed, time and time again, beautiful defensive struggles. A 3-0 victory was always grand.

Joemailman
10-07-2022, 11:10 AM
CBS SingleMost of the country, including most of Wisconsin and Alaska gets Pittsburgh at Buffalo. Jim Nantz and Tony Romo with the call. Northwest Wisconsin, much of Minnesota and Chicago area gets San Francisco at Carolina (Late). Ian Eagle and Charles Davis with the call.

https://506sports.com/2022/05-CBS-V2.png

Fox Early - Midwest gets Chicago at Minnesota. Adam Amin and Marl Schlereth with the call. Northwest, including Alaska, gets Seattle at New Orleans. Brandon Gausin and Matt Millen with the call. Michigan gets Detroit at New England. Kenny Albert and Jonathan Vilma with the call.

https://506sports.com/2022/05-FOX-E.png

Fox Late - Just about the whole country gets Dallas at L.A. Rams. Kevin Burkhardt and Greg Olsen with the call.

https://506sports.com/2022/05-FOX-L.png

bobblehead
10-09-2022, 02:07 PM
Chris olave just had a catch nearly identical to the Romeo doubs nontouchdown. Incomplete on the field but then overruled to be a touchdown. The NFL has no effing idea what a touchdown is anymore

Rastak
10-09-2022, 02:21 PM
Vikings are fucking it up.

Rastak
10-09-2022, 02:51 PM
Fuck up averted.

red
10-09-2022, 03:00 PM
I turned it off even though it was a 3 point game in the 4th to watch F1 practice. That's how engaging that game was.

funny, i didn't care if i watched todays game because i tried to stay up all night to watch the F1 race.

fyi. i fell asleep about 2 minutes before the finally got the race back underway and missed it all

red
10-09-2022, 03:01 PM
NFL just decided that tom brady is never to be touched again

Rastak
10-09-2022, 03:02 PM
I've watched about 3 F1 races this year including some qualifying.

Rastak
10-09-2022, 03:02 PM
NFL just decided that tom brady is never to be touched again

That was complete and utter bullshit.

red
10-09-2022, 03:04 PM
I've watched about 3 F1 races this year including some qualifying.

today was in japan, so it was suppose to start at 1 am, think it got started around 3

red
10-09-2022, 03:04 PM
That was complete and utter bullshit.

can't blame that guy for completely flipping out

Rastak
10-09-2022, 03:07 PM
can't blame that guy for completely flipping out

All he did was tackle him.

This reminds me of when for a half season you almost literally couldn't touch the QB. You had to gently lay down on the ground apologize.

Rastak
10-09-2022, 03:09 PM
American football getting turned off. I have 3 Premier League games recorded. Leeds - Palace up now.

red
10-09-2022, 03:10 PM
All he did was tackle him.

This reminds me of when for a half season you almost literally couldn't touch the QB. You had to gently lay down on the ground apologize.

i think you need to ask permission and get consent from the QB before sacking them

red
10-09-2022, 03:13 PM
American football getting turned off. I have 3 Premier League games recorded. Leeds - Palace up now.

leeds better get their shit together, started great but really hit the wall

texaspackerbacker
10-09-2022, 07:43 PM
Lucky me. At least my second favorite team, Dallas, won. It turns out they have a D Coordinator who knows how to adjust. They started the game with a massive pass rush on Stafford. Then the Rams adjusted by running on them. Then Quinn, the smarter-than-Barry DC, stopped the run cold, and did so without letting the Rams go wild passing. Now the Cowboys do have a lot of talent on D, but no more than what the Packers have available - just that their D Coordinator has a better brain.

Also, both of those teams did a good job running the ball, the Cowboys especially down the stretch when everybody knew they were gonna run it. It must be nice to have a decent O Line.

ThunderDan
10-09-2022, 09:41 PM
We had no problem running the ball today.

smuggler
10-10-2022, 10:31 PM
Watched the end of the Raiders/Chiefs game. Chiefs made the questionable decision to go for 2 to go up by 9 instead of kicking a PAT to go up 8. They failed.

The Raiders then scored an equalizer and INEXPLICABLY went for 2 with 4+ minutes left to take the lead and failed, thus trailing one.

Raiders got the ball back and ended up losing on some bad luck, but I really felt cosmic justice demanded they lose for their bonehead choice on their last score, and that something really unfortunate befall Tom Brady.

Joemailman
10-10-2022, 10:59 PM
Davante not used to losing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=irMrmVhIiE8

texaspackerbacker
10-11-2022, 10:33 AM
Good for Davante. Media = scum.

texaspackerbacker
10-11-2022, 10:38 AM
I understand there was a similar horrendous roughing the passer call in the Raider game to the thing where they gently body slammed Brady. I saw a thing in FB where a bunch of current and former star players were up in arms about those calls. I replied by bringing up that old Clay Matthews bad call that cost the Packers so bad.

Fritz
10-11-2022, 01:19 PM
Good for Davante. Media = scum.

Way to generalize, Tex. I am sure that cameraman must be a dirt bag. He probably is a pedophile, too. I highly doubt he's a guy trying to do his job, and I'm sure he doesn't have a family or anything like that, or bills to pay.

Fosco33
10-11-2022, 01:24 PM
Way to generalize, Tex. I am sure that cameraman must be a dirt bag. He probably is a pedophile, too. I highly doubt he's a guy trying to do his job, and I'm sure he doesn't have a family or anything like that, or bills to pay.

Right. As Tex watches the game on nfln and posts in a public forum. Both also considered media.

(Kidding I like you, Tex, in an awkward crazy uncle sorta way).

texaspackerbacker
10-11-2022, 04:19 PM
I don't think you're old enough to be my uncle ...... oh you meant the other way around hahahaha.

I've said for years, the God damned media do nothing but stir up trouble - often intentionally. Fuck 'em all. Any of them dumb enough to block the path of an NFL player, especially after he just lost a game, deserves to get knocked into next week. There are jobs, Fritz, and there are jobs. The asshole city code enforcer who complained about my ugly fence and grass too high is a total shithead, along with his whole profession, and I told him so - being careful not to make it "a threat", as I was fined for about twenty years ago.

As for NFLN and "posting in a public forum", if that's true, you and I are "journalists" - yuck, that's one label I don't want. Watching the games on TV? I suppose TV is "media". I guess I should have said people of the media. I actually like McCarren, though, and a few of the other kinda mealy mouthed Packer guys on YouTube aren't too bad. But a helluva lot of them really are pure scum.

MadtownPacker
10-11-2022, 05:43 PM
There is a different camera angle that makes it appear more sudden that dude got in front of him. I think he was pissed, got startled walking with his head down, and lashed out. Not good but not like he beat the dude down. Seen cheerleaders take worse hits on the sideline.

RashanGary
10-11-2022, 09:01 PM
There is a different camera angle that makes it appear more sudden that dude got in front of him. I think he was pissed, got startled walking with his head down, and lashed out. Not good but not like he beat the dude down. Seen cheerleaders take worse hits on the sideline.

Agree. The guy walked right into him and he was full of adrenaline from the game and just reacted.

Bretsky
10-11-2022, 09:19 PM
Apparently he went to the hospital and may be suing and/or looking for a payday

texaspackerbacker
10-12-2022, 12:17 AM
That would be disgusting if they rewarded the piece of crap like that, and I'm NOT just saying that because Adams is a former Packer.

Fosco33
10-12-2022, 10:42 AM
Adams charged w/ misdemeanor

ThunderDan
10-12-2022, 12:18 PM

That seems harsh. But unlike what Tex said, the camera guy was just walking a whole different directions and wasn't even trying in get in Adams face or get a picture of him. The camera man certainly didn't jump in front of DeVante.

Joemailman
10-12-2022, 12:19 PM

The citation states that Adams "did, by an intentional, overt act, inflict bodily injury or cause an unlawful offensive contact" upon the worker, pushing him to the ground using two hands and "causing whiplash and head ache" and a possible concussion.

"[The victim] made arrangements for private transport to the hospital for treatment at which time he called police," the incident report said on Tuesday. "The injuries are preliminarily thought to be non-life threatening."

If the person did suffer injuries, I could see Adams getting a suspension, which I doubted before. Since it's all on film, the NFL may act quickly. They can probably discipline him under the personal conduct policy. They don't need to wait for a court decision.

texaspackerbacker
10-12-2022, 01:35 PM
That seems harsh. But unlike what Tex said, the camera guy was just walking a whole different directions and wasn't even trying in get in Adams face or get a picture of him. The camera man certainly didn't jump in front of DeVante.

I saw the video, and he did. Adams was just walking toward the tunnel, and the guy got in his way. And even if he wasn't, media scum deserve whatever bad comes their way.

It sounds like local cops harassing a player from the visiting team.

MadScientist
10-13-2022, 09:13 PM
Adams has to get a suspension for that. Looks like he was taking out his frustrations on some poor schlep who was just moving equipment and accidentally got in his way. Adams will settle for an undisclosed amount and charges will be dropped.

Bretsky
10-13-2022, 11:52 PM
I saw the video, and he did. Adams was just walking toward the tunnel, and the guy got in his way. And even if he wasn't, media scum deserve whatever bad comes their way.

It sounds like local cops harassing a player from the visiting team.

\
I think he's just a photographer Tex

I don't think he's part of the media you calll skim

ThunderDan
10-14-2022, 08:23 AM
Of course he is just a photographer trying to leave the field in peace. But to our resident fascist Tex, that's fine if you are part of any category he doesn't like you deserved it and had it coming.

How many times entering or exiting Lambeau haven't you almost bumped into someone? In fact, last year some guy had his head down in the outer bowl trying to get somewhere and went straight into my chin. He didn't even apologize. I don't shove him to the ground. I just stood there rubbing my jaw while a bunch of other fans started to chirp about what an asshole the guy was for not saying sorry.

texaspackerbacker
10-14-2022, 09:45 AM
If you're gonna bring politics into this, you ignorant piece of shit, have the balls to show up in FYI - but you won't because you don't.

run pMc
10-14-2022, 11:30 AM
All media are scum... let's try that logic elsewhere:
Darren Sharper played football. He raped women. Therefore, all football players have raped women.

Sheesh.
Do we even know who the guy is affiliated with? He could be a freelancer with credentials, or work for KC or the NFL just as easily as some media source (whether it be crackpot or legit). Media is how we get most of our info...hating it wholesale like that is just weird. It'd be like hating every firefighter or electrician.

I think the lawsuit etc. is excessive, but maybe the guy was hurt. I don't think Davante is a bad guy, I think he was frustrated and reacted when some dude practically ran into him while leaving the field. A little more restraint on both sides would've helped.

ThunderDan
10-14-2022, 01:33 PM
Sorry Tex. I come here to discuss football. I tried FYI years ago and no one was going to change anyone's mind. Everyone talking past each other.

I didn't bring any politics into it. Just statements you have made in the football forum. Like all media are scum and he deserved anything he got. That is pretty authoritarian/fascist to me.

The guy obviously didn't deserve anything. DeVante knew he did something wrong as he apologized right away twice. He wasn't sticking a microphone or camera in DeVante's face. Just walking trying to get off the field. We see that exact thing happening all the time if you go to a live game.

texaspackerbacker
10-14-2022, 07:38 PM
It sure sounded like you're trying to drag the evil p word in here. I've been burned by that before, and am not gonna yield to temptation. Mere hatred of media scum is NOT a political thing. In this context, it primarily refers to the shitheads doing their damnedest to stir up trouble related to the Packers, the NFL in general, and other sports too.

Did you actually see the video? If that thing he was holding and blocking Adams' path with wasn't a damn camera, whaat do you think it was?

texaspackerbacker
10-14-2022, 07:51 PM
All media are scum... let's try that logic elsewhere:
Darren Sharper played football. He raped women. Therefore, all football players have raped women.

Sheesh.
Do we even know who the guy is affiliated with? He could be a freelancer with credentials, or work for KC or the NFL just as easily as some media source (whether it be crackpot or legit). Media is how we get most of our info...hating it wholesale like that is just weird. It'd be like hating every firefighter or electrician.

I think the lawsuit etc. is excessive, but maybe the guy was hurt. I don't think Davante is a bad guy, I think he was frustrated and reacted when some dude practically ran into him while leaving the field. A little more restraint on both sides would've helped.

Didn't I already reply to something like this? ALL might be excessive - I even cited Larry McCarren as one who I don't see as an assholic scumbag shithead. I suppose there are a few others too.

No, I don't know who if anybody the guy is affiliated with, nor do I much care. I admittedly have a bias against a despicable category that he is part of, and I not about to speculate that he's some kind of an exception or not.

Where BTW was NFL Security - clearing a path for players going into the tunnel?

Fritz
10-15-2022, 08:42 AM
I don't think you're old enough to be my uncle ...... oh you meant the other way around hahahaha.

I've said for years, the God damned media do nothing but stir up trouble - often intentionally. Fuck 'em all. Any of them dumb enough to block the path of an NFL player, especially after he just lost a game, deserves to get knocked into next week. There are jobs, Fritz, and there are jobs. The asshole city code enforcer who complained about my ugly fence and grass too high is a total shithead, along with his whole profession, and I told him so - being careful not to make it "a threat", as I was fined for about twenty years ago.

As for NFLN and "posting in a public forum", if that's true, you and I are "journalists" - yuck, that's one label I don't want. Watching the games on TV? I suppose TV is "media". I guess I should have said people of the media. I actually like McCarren, though, and a few of the other kinda mealy mouthed Packer guys on YouTube aren't too bad. But a helluva lot of them really are pure scum.

What the hell, Tex. I did not know you were one of those lazy-ass hippy-types who doesn't keep his damn grass cut or take care of his property. I thought you were a straight-up American who took care of his shit and was proud of his country, and now I find out that you don't take care of what you own. You probably even have a goddamn pony tail or something. Get a haircut, man.

Tex, I am disappointed.

texaspackerbacker
10-15-2022, 09:17 AM
You too, in a roundabout way are trying to drag politics into this - maybe more innocently than the other guy hahahaha. I won't allow myself to be tempted.

I'll just say I've got a different more deplorable concept of being a good normal American or the opposite than you seem to have.

Fritz
10-15-2022, 10:12 AM
You too, in a roundabout way are trying to drag politics into this - maybe more innocently than the other guy hahahaha. I won't allow myself to be tempted.

I'll just say I've got a different more deplorable concept of being a good normal American or the opposite than you seem to have.

I would agree with you there, Tex.

Rastak
10-15-2022, 03:31 PM
I would agree with you there, Tex.

HAHAHAHA

Go Fritz go. Damn, I love a good laugh.

Guiness
10-16-2022, 05:19 PM
watching Chiefs-Bills. The Indian war-whoop or whatever it is that is plainly audible over the broadcast - feels pretty inappropriate. You'd think after two teams have changed their name people would realize that's not ok?

texaspackerbacker
10-16-2022, 07:01 PM
hahahahaha you are being sarcastic, right? You couldn't possibly be saying something that stupid and be serious.