PDA

View Full Version : R.I.P. Tyrone Davis

Joemailman
10-12-2022, 02:38 PM
Former Packers TE Tyrone Davis passed away on October 2, 2022 due to an undisclosed illness. He was 50 years old.

In six seasons with the Packers, Davis played in 69 games and started 27. He was the Packers' starting tight end in 1999 and for part of the 2000 season, but otherwise played mostly in two tight end sets and as a backup to Mark Chmura or Bubba Franks.

The Packers acquired Davis in an August 1997 trade with the New York Jets for past considerations. He had played in six games for the Jets, who had drafted him in the fourth round out of Virginia, over the course of the 1995 and '96 seasons.

With the Packers, Davis also played in seven postseason games, including Super Bowl XXXII. His caught a career-high seven TD passes in 1998 and then started 22 games over the next two years with 39 receptions. The Packers released him in August 2003.

Fritz
10-15-2022, 08:44 AM
I think he was one of those guys who we all thought had lots of promise - that athletic tight end that was going to make that offense more dangerous. But I don't think he quite panned out like we'd hoped. I am sorry to hear the guy passed away, and at such a young age.