PDA

View Full Version : Official Packers vs. Jets Game Day Thread

Pages : 1 [2]

MadScientist
10-16-2022, 03:16 PM
Looking at the ESPN gamecast, Love is in there?

He came in for the final series after the game was out of hand.

Rastak
10-16-2022, 03:17 PM
I would be surprised a bit if Rodgers quits after this season. If he did, he'd royally fuck the Packers. I saw a report that mentioned he has hinted at this. Reports could 100% be bullshit. Depends on many things I'd guess.

Joemailman
10-16-2022, 03:17 PM
More Banjo thread posted.

oldbutnotdeadyet
10-16-2022, 03:20 PM
Sorta sad how long we have been elite, and only two rings to show for it..now come the rebuild..

beveaux1
10-16-2022, 03:22 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if Rodgers is playing his last year. Without a WR threat, It's got to feel like every game is a slog to him.

Barring a trade, there's not a lot of confidence that the offense will improve and I don't think we'll see an earth-shattering trade.

This season, we needed the defense to be lights out and it's really been no better than average.

We've gotten a glimpse of life after Rodgers. The question is--should we have traded him before the season, gotten the draft picks, started Love and made a determination about him, and saved the cap hit in the future,
or keep him and go for broke. The next few weeks will tell us if our GM and head coach made the right decision and if they should keep their jobs.

Freak Out
10-16-2022, 04:03 PM
Arod has to share some of the blame here....it's not just his receivers fault.

Freak Out
10-16-2022, 04:06 PM
....of course the pass blocking was non existent. Run there fucking ball. Road graders please.

Joemailman
10-16-2022, 04:12 PM
Arod has to share some of the blame here....it's not just his receivers fault.

I can't blame him too much today. He's playing with a bad thumb and got the crap beat out of him. The biggest problem was offensive line was terrible.

pittstang5
10-16-2022, 04:31 PM
There are so many issues, but one thing that I want to see next week is Jenkins back at LG. I'm done with him at RT.

call_me_ishmael
10-16-2022, 04:43 PM
I’m not ready to count the team out, but having not watched the game it sure sounds discouraging. I don’t understand how the offense can’t manufacture yards like SF has. If ARod hybrid O isn’t workin, why not try something else? You have an elite back, where is the issue here?

Joemailman
10-16-2022, 04:48 PM
They need to figure out what to do with the offensive line. Too many plays today where Rodgers or the backs had no chance. They need to put Yosh at RT and figure out where to play Jenkins. Either RG or LG. Until they figure that out, it doesn't matter what kind of scheme they run.

call_me_ishmael
10-16-2022, 04:54 PM
It sounds like Jenkins isn’t back enough to be successful at tackle right now. Hopefully he gets back. Time to try guard again. I agree.

texaspackerbacker
10-16-2022, 06:45 PM
I don't think it's just a matter of not being "back enough". The guy was a great Guard. I'm glad ya'all are coiming around to what I've said for a long time about the O Line's mediocrity. Jenkins has stood out by being even less than mediocre at Tackle. As many have said, Newman stunk it up today at Guard and hasn't really risen above mediocre on his good days. Runyan got beat a lot today. He's a hair better than mediocre on his best days, but today wasn't one of them. I suppose ya'all think Bakhtiari isn't "back enough" yet too hahahaha. My take is he's just his same old self, and people are noticing it more now. The closest thing I can see to a solution is to move Yosh to RT and replace Newman at RG with Jenkins.

I've said many times, Aaron Rodgers routinely overcomes mediocre O Line play. Well, this year he hasn't. I see three possibilities there: maybe Rodgers is getting older and less able to compensate OR the O Line play has been even worse than it the past OR mediocre O Line combined with mediocre receiving corps is just too much for even the GOAT to overcome.

Jaire
10-16-2022, 07:50 PM
This is the worst Oline play I've seen..... and I only watched the first half.

They've coached them up in the past. Maybe Stenavich needs to go back to OL coaching. It's getting to where this could kill the season. (Likewise Barry)

call_me_ishmael
10-16-2022, 07:56 PM
Kinda seems like the offensive coaching changes have not met expectations yet. Maybe Steno is just a great OL coach. Maybe Milf has been mailing it in on year four now that he is essentially a made man. Coaches do get lazy eventually I believe which leads to their downfall.

flamacue
10-17-2022, 07:16 AM
This season is a goner. Perhaps all the teams are somewhat smitten. Packers are falling apart and so are the Badgers. The Brewers didn't make the playoffs (they're not that good anyway). And the Bucks couldn't close out the conference championship after being ahead 3 games to 2 and then losing 2 in a row. Maybe the dark years are ahead for more than just the Packers. The Pack is a mess for sure though. It does not appear to me that anyone has a handle on what to do. If there was a fix to be made they would have already done it. When you only score ten points on your home turf there is something rotten in Denmark on more than one front. I give the coach and general manager perhaps one more year then gone. It does appear that for one thing that the receiving corps is a mess. But I keep going back to the season-opening first play, 75 yard touch down drop. That seems to have set the tone for the season. If it didn't set the tone it sure was an indication of things to come. Then also I go back a little further to last year when they lost to the Lions and then lost the first playoff game, yet again at home. In conclusion, it appears that there are a number of intricate things that are going wrong. But then, I'm just a spectator guy.

King Friday
10-17-2022, 08:25 AM
They need to figure out what to do with the offensive line. Too many plays today where Rodgers or the backs had no chance. They need to put Yosh at RT and figure out where to play Jenkins. Either RG or LG. Until they figure that out, it doesn't matter what kind of scheme they run.

This is really the only hope for this season offensively. The WR situation isn’t going to get much better with the rookies rarely seeing action other than Doubs.

Defensively, there has to be more aggression and they have to force turnovers. You can’t let all these young QBs just sit back there and carve up your defense. Barry is way too interested in keeping his job (as this may be his last chance before demotion) than in taking the risks necessary to win games when your offense is no longer an elite unit.

texaspackerbacker
10-17-2022, 01:34 PM
I wish LaFleur woulda grabbed little brother as his OC. I doubt Stenavich has much power to design game plans and make decisions since the head coach is essentially the OC too. Part of the O Line problem is technique and communications - supposedly. That would seem to be on Butkis - Stenavich's replacement.

What's really disgusting is that you watch other teams against the Packers or just in other games, and none of them seem to have the piss poor line blocking that the Packers do. For example, I think part of what makes our D seem so bad is that just about everybody else has better O Line play than we do. That doesn't let Barry off the hook - with all the talent he has to work with, but it kinda explains why the Packers can't shut down offenses it seems like they should.

texaspackerbacker
10-17-2022, 01:37 PM
The stupid talk about the season being a goner or whatever is premature. A LOT of good teams are having problems, and with so much of the season ahead, it's not unlikely that the Packers shape up and still have a more than decent record.

Harlan Huckleby
10-17-2022, 02:01 PM
The wide receivers are decent. The oline is indecent.

Joemailman
10-17-2022, 02:32 PM
The wide receivers are decent. The oline is indecent.

Maybe if the wide receivers were healthy. But with Watson, Watkins and Cobb all out now, it's pretty grim. Maybe we get lucky and Watkins is ready to come back this week.

run pMc
10-17-2022, 04:45 PM
Unleash Toure lol

bobblehead
10-18-2022, 02:20 PM
I'm glad ya'all are coiming around to what I've said for a long time about the O Line's mediocrity.

Except that 3 of the 5 guys starting right now were NOT the starters last year....so we aren't coming around to your position, the line is coming around to your position....and your position has always been it doesn't matter because of the magnificent Rodgers mulitiplier theory.

bobblehead
10-18-2022, 02:22 PM
I wish LaFleur woulda grabbed little brother as his OC..

I wish you were informed enough to know that he tried.

texaspackerbacker
10-18-2022, 02:32 PM
You know this how?

Anti-Polar Bear
10-18-2022, 02:43 PM
You know this how?

It was widely reported by the media you so hated that the Frog wanted his little frog brother as OC on his initial staff. As Little Frog was under contract with the 69ers as Wr or QB coach, they were able to block the move cos Little Frog would not be calling plays.

Nepotism is usually a receipt for disaster in the NFL, so no big loss. Just ask Josh McDaniels.

texaspackerbacker
10-18-2022, 03:00 PM
I heard that much too, but I didn't here that he was in the running for OC when Hackett left.

APB, a burger flipper/accountant should know a receipt from a recipe hahahaha.

Anti-Polar Bear
10-18-2022, 03:07 PM
I heard that much too, but I didn't here that he was in the running for OC when Hackett left.

APB, a burger flipper/accountant should know a receipt from a recipe hahahaha.

I suck at spelling, as all Millennials and beyond generations do. Why learn to spell when the machine can do it for you? Fucking iPhone XR gave me “receipt.”

As for Little Frog, he still would not be calling play after Hackett left, so I guess that is why he chose the Jets, assuming his 69er contract expired.

Bretsky
10-18-2022, 06:01 PM
I wish you were informed enough to know that he tried.

San Fran refused giving him permission I think when he hired Hackett.

Do we know he tried again last year ?

Joemailman
10-18-2022, 06:36 PM
San Fran refused giving him permission I think when he hired Hackett.

Do we know he tried again last year ?

I would say it's entirely possible Shanahan was willing to let Mike Lafleur go to the Jets, but not to a conference rival like the Packers. It's also possible Mike Lafleur wanted to go somewhere he could call the plays.

texaspackerbacker
10-18-2022, 07:08 PM
Don't league rules say a guy can break a contract to go to a job considered a promotion but not to make a lateral transfer?