PDA

View Full Version : More Banjo - Packers vs Jets

Joemailman
10-16-2022, 03:16 PM
Tonyan 10 catches for 90 yards

Jaire 3 passes defensed.

Those are only bright spots I saw.

Rodgers beat up all day.

Dillon and Jones combined 19 carries for 60 yards.

Jets ran 33 times for 179 yards.

Discuss. Or don't. What the hell do I care?

JohnMexico
10-16-2022, 03:21 PM
The turning point of this franchise was the Bakhtiari contract. Wasn't HIS fault, per say, but nothing good since has occurred, draft picks included. Just a series of bad decisions. I'll probably just turn into one of thos footfall fans that leaves games on in the background hoping that something entertaining is going to be on the screen while I'm watching the kids or doing work.

It's going to be weird watching home games in the near future. My earliest sports memory was watching the Mississippi Welfare Queen lose valiantly in the 1996 NFCCG against Dallas. I've only known THESE Packers as a fan.

smuggler
10-16-2022, 03:25 PM
I feel like the organization needs to keep players in their roles as players. If any player, superstar or otherwise, wants to dictate when and how they play, punish them.

Don't want to participate in the preseason? Congratulations, you are going to be suspended and your prorated bonus(es) will be fought for in court. Cut the fagging out of what is, ultimately, a business. Do your job. It has a detriment on the performance of the company when certain players just refuse to work.

Anti-Polar Bear
10-16-2022, 03:28 PM
Just won $27, I think, betting $10 on the Jets at 270. Gonna gulp up a pizza with that winning, even though my doctor tells me my cholesterol is high and I need to eat better.

Fuck you, Packers! I eat when I am glummy and the Packers losing makes me glummy.

And so it starts: a sports betting addiction. $500 on the Redcoats next week, moneyline.

Joemailman
10-16-2022, 03:30 PM
Just won $27, I think, betting $10 on the Jets at 270. Gonna gulp up a pizza with that winning, even though my doctor tells me my cholesterol is high and I need to eat better.

Fuck you, Packers! I eat when I am glummy and the Packers losing makes me glummy.

And so it starts: a sports betting addiction. $500 on the Redcoats next week, moneyline.

I noticed you didn't pick Packers to win 72-0 in the Game Day thread. Must have seen this coming.

Anti-Polar Bear
10-16-2022, 03:40 PM
I noticed you didn't pick Packers to win 72-0 in the Game Day thread. Must have seen this coming.

Actually, lets give credit where credit is due: that fishmonger, ODay, was the one who saw it coming. Shoulda put $500 on the Jets, but I only bet $10 to mock ODay after an easy Packer victory. Sadly, ODay has it right this week.

Teamcheez1
10-16-2022, 03:47 PM
Since the Packers were not on tv here, I had a choice of going to a sports bar or reffing youth soccer games.

I made the right decision and reffed the games. I didn’t want the Packers ruining my beer and wings this afternoon.

Freak Out
10-16-2022, 04:07 PM
Tonyan 10 catches for 90 yards

Jaire 3 passes defensed.

Those are only bright spots I saw.

Rodgers beat up all day.

Dillon and Jones combined 19 carries for 60 yards.

Jets ran 33 times for 179 yards.

Discuss. Or don't. What the hell do I care?

19 carries? Again with this shit?

Sparkey
10-16-2022, 04:09 PM
Rodgers thinks they need to simplify the offense. (Everyone is too stupid to do what they are supposed to do, I guess.)

"I could raise my game a tick, I suppose" he said.

He makes me want to �� listening to him ramble, trying to sound insightful.

Anti-Polar Bear
10-16-2022, 04:10 PM

Packers couldnt run the rock worth a fuck. OL sucked.

King Friday
10-16-2022, 04:13 PM
The turning point of this franchise was the Bakhtiari contract. Wasn't HIS fault, per say, but nothing good since has occurred, draft picks included. Just a series of bad decisions.

I would go back further. The drafting of Jordan Love was the first sign of impending doom. Some will say it was the catalyst to Rodgers having 2 MVP seasons, but it ultimately hindered our ability to get over the top when we had the chance, and led to all this other stupid stuff like handing out huge deals to a bunch of geriatric men (from a professional football perspective)

call_me_ishmael
10-16-2022, 04:47 PM
Lotta ballgame left fellas. I really think the Jets are better than we thought they were. They didn’t let us off the hook.

call_me_ishmael
10-16-2022, 04:55 PM
I swear I’ve seen this same quote every game aside from week two.

https://twitter.com/zachkruse2/status/1581747925385781248?s=20&t=HK24Ap43koIMYhk0eXu62g

King Friday
10-16-2022, 05:25 PM
I really think the Jets are better than we thought they were. They didn’t let us off the hook.

It has literally been a decade since anyone attempted to utter nonsense like this.

Jereamiah
10-16-2022, 05:35 PM
It has literally been a decade since anyone attempted to utter nonsense like this.
Well, I wonder how PFF & SI will have the Pack in the new Power Rankings: 6th or 2nd?

RashanGary
10-16-2022, 05:42 PM
This is the first horrible OL Rodgers has had to play with. And it’s horrible.

red
10-16-2022, 06:18 PM
when watson gets back they damn well better be trying to force feed him the ball downfield. not letting him go downfield because he had one ball go between his hands is bullshit

at this point he probably has the fewest amount of drops on the team

get over it and get the guy involved

not that aaron can get the ball downfield on target anymore in a consistently

texaspackerbacker
10-16-2022, 07:06 PM
The turning point of this franchise was the Bakhtiari contract. Wasn't HIS fault, per say, but nothing good since has occurred, draft picks included. Just a series of bad decisions. I'll probably just turn into one of thos footfall fans that leaves games on in the background hoping that something entertaining is going to be on the screen while I'm watching the kids or doing work.

It's going to be weird watching home games in the near future. My earliest sports memory was watching the Mississippi Welfare Queen lose valiantly in the 1996 NFCCG against Dallas. I've only known THESE Packers as a fan.

I'm with you on the Bakhtiari thing, but if they hadn't re-signed him, we'd be hearing a never ending whine about letting that sacred cow go. And I really doubt that the money spent on him woulda been used in any way that made a difference.

texaspackerbacker
10-16-2022, 07:12 PM

Jets ran because their O Line made it possible. Packers didn't because their O Line didn't make it possible.

texaspackerbacker
10-16-2022, 07:21 PM

Uh No. It may be the worst, but only by a small margin. He literally always had mediocre O Lines, but was able to overcome it. The difference is the mediocre receivers, and maybe Rodgers getting older and not as good.

texaspackerbacker
10-16-2022, 07:30 PM
when watson gets back they damn well better be trying to force feed him the ball downfield. not letting him go downfield because he had one ball go between his hands is bullshit

True. Other teams have been beating us with man coverage and our receivers can't beat it and get open. Watson might be able to, but at least, he can loosen things up for the rest of them.

texaspackerbacker
10-16-2022, 07:32 PM

A lot of true posting in this thread, but none truer than this one.

Jaire
10-16-2022, 07:42 PM

This. I was a little concerned by the Stenavich promotion.

It's a player thing (and injuries), but also coaching. They need to demote Stenavich from OC back to OL and the OL will get fixed.

call_me_ishmael
10-16-2022, 07:57 PM

It's a player thing (and injuries), but also coaching. They need to demote Stenavich from OC back to OL and the OL will get fixed.

They’re definitely not going to demote him in title but they could shift responsibilities around and have him do more of the coaching and have milf do the OC role essentially.

call_me_ishmael
10-16-2022, 07:59 PM
The football world is better when Pittsburgh and GB are good, so expect the NFL to see to it they are given good QBs in the next few years. I 100% think the Packers will tank for a stud when one is going to be available.

Freak Out
10-16-2022, 10:31 PM
What? lol

Bretsky
10-16-2022, 11:09 PM
I don't understand how our OL is that bad as compared to last year ?

Last year when we were without Jenkins and Back we were still OK. Why so terrible this year ? Don't get it.

We lost two very good offensive minds in the offseason, and for some reason we prioritized our OL coach and then promoted him to the OC. Appards to be a bad move.

SECOND WEEK in a row when our coaches got their asses handed to them.

15 drives in the first half and the dam scores is 3-3.

Jets adjust in the second half, and the dam Jets beat us by 17 points in the second half. 17 Dam Points

Going to say it again. GUTEBAG f'cked up by NOT resigning Devante Adams one full year before he left. And I know we'd have lost Campbell and Douglas. I don't care.

And I think Gutebag can take plenty of blame for our personnel shortcomings.

Joemailman
10-16-2022, 11:30 PM

Last year when we were without Jenkins and Back we were still OK. Why so terrible this year ? Don't get it.

We lost two very good offensive minds in the offseason, and for some reason we prioritized our OL coach and then promoted him to the OC. Appards to be a bad move.

SECOND WEEK in a row when our coaches got their asses handed to them.

15 drives in the first half and the dam scores is 3-3.

Jets adjust in the second half, and the dam Jets beat us by 17 points in the second half. 17 Dam Points

Going to say it again. GUTEBAG f'cked up by NOT resigning Devante Adams one full year before he left. And I know we'd have lost Campbell and Douglas. I don't care.

With Steno replacing Hackett at OC, I think they are weaker at both O-line coach and OC. Losing Hackett, Outten and Getsy was a big loss.

The losses of Billy Turner and Lucas Patrick is an underrated factor. If they had those guys, Turner would be at RT, Patrick at RG and Jenkins at LG.

I think they have to get Yosh Nijman in the lineup. He is one of their top 5 offensive linemen. They should put him at RT. Then either put Jenkins at RG or put Jenkins at LG and move Runyan to RG. Or give Zach Tom a chance.

Anti-Polar Bear
10-17-2022, 05:34 AM
Uh No. It may be the worst, but only by a small margin. He literally always had mediocre O Lines, but was able to overcome it. The difference is the mediocre receivers, and maybe Rodgers getting older and not as good.

You are correct about Butte making mediocre O-lines look good in the past. However, the almost all-white OL composing of Sitton, Lindsey, Lang, Bulaga and the Iranian Stallion (Bak) appeared above par most of the time. Butte would dance behind that line for 10 seconds untouched.

Anti-Polar Bear
10-17-2022, 05:39 AM

Stenavich is the fucking OC. He does not need a demotion to focus more on the OL. Just focus on it! However, he sure as fuck deserves a demotion - if not termination - for the current impotent state of the overall offense.

call_me_ishmael
10-17-2022, 08:27 AM
What? lol

You know I’m right. Maybe not a third HOFer but very good. No lottery in NFL but the league will work with them as much as they can to ensure the Pack are back post Rodgers. It’s good business for all parties involved.

call_me_ishmael
10-17-2022, 08:28 AM
With Steno replacing Hackett at OC, I think they are weaker at both O-line coach and OC. Losing Hackett, Outten and Getsy was a big loss.

The losses of Billy Turner and Lucas Patrick is an underrated factor. If they had those guys, Turner would be at RT, Patrick at RG and Jenkins at LG.

I think they have to get Yosh Nijman in the lineup. He is one of their top 5 offensive linemen. They should put him at RT. Then either put Jenkins at RG or put Jenkins at LG and move Runyan to RG. Or give Zach Tom a chance.

My preference would be to just put Jenkins at LG and leave him, and bring Yosh in, and then let Runyan and Tom compete for it. Enough is enough.

Sparkey
10-17-2022, 08:49 AM
Bahktiria has a PFF grade of 58.5 so far. So with Bahk at LT, Jenkins at RT and Nijman not playing, the Oline is a dumpster fire.

Put Bahk on IR as he is all but gone after this year anyways, Nijman at LT, Jenkins and LG, Runyan to RG and anyone at RT. Will RT be a problem, sure but only one hole on the line can be schemed for help. Right now, the hot mess they trot out there is impossible to fix.

bobblehead
10-17-2022, 09:05 AM
Rodgers thinks they need to simplify the offense. (Everyone is too stupid to do what they are supposed to do, I guess.)

"I could raise my game a tick, I suppose" he said.

He makes me want to �� listening to him ramble, trying to sound insightful.

He is a pro athlete. Maybe a bit more intelligent and insightful than the others. That doesn't make him a great philosopher no matter how many drugs he does.

bobblehead
10-17-2022, 09:07 AM

First place in a the division with the bills. Nuff said.

bobblehead
10-17-2022, 09:08 AM

The season before we drafted Love all of ARods deep shots looked eerily similar to the way they look right now.

bobblehead
10-17-2022, 09:09 AM
I'm with you on the Bakhtiari thing, but if they hadn't re-signed him, we'd be hearing a never ending whine about letting that sacred cow go. And I really doubt that the money spent on him woulda been used in any way that made a difference.

And if Love were playing like Rodgers we'd be hearing you drone on about how if Rodgers were the QB none of any of this shit would matter as the glorious multiplier would solve all of our problems.

bobblehead
10-17-2022, 09:11 AM

Jenkins on the right side is a tire fire right now. Newman hasn't smoothed out the inconsistency as we all hoped.

Fritz
10-17-2022, 09:27 AM

That offensive line is a mess. I thought they had all this depth and when Bakh came back it'd be alright. But Jenkins is not playing well at right tackle; Myers is getting pushed back a lot, the guards are lousy - the whole line is a mess. I think it's time to play Zach Tom at RT and move Jenkins inside.

Something's happened to Dillon - he used to run people over, move the pile. Now, he gets hit and down he goes. He's turned into two yards and a cloud of dust. It seems early in his career to be losing the hammer.

Defense sucks. And please nobody bring up that stupid "if you take away this ten-yard run and that nine-yard run and those two twelve-yard runs the Jets only averaged three yards a carry!"

I have never been so disappointed with a team. I didn't expect a lot from the offense at first but thought the offensive line would mesh and the running game could carry them. I thought the defense was going to be the strength of the team. I thought special teams would be so much better.

I was wrong on all counts. And we're six games in. Sure, things can change. But we've gone from working out the kinks to wondering if this team is any good at all. What the hell happened? Other than Davante Adams, all the pieces from last year are there.

Fosco33
10-17-2022, 12:39 PM
I fall so predictably w/ the Packers. When they are good I find ways to say they aren’t great. And when they’re bad - I find ways to justify why it’s not as bad as it seems.

Unfortunately we’re now in the defend mode.

Just think - Vikings are pretty decent, Giants/Jets might make the playoffs. And parity rules the NFL.

Look back to my prediction thread.

I’ll add a new one. Packers squeak into the Playoffs but actually make a run.

The sky is not falling. And it’s just football.

SudsMcBucky
10-17-2022, 01:35 PM
Actually, lets give credit where credit is due: that fishmonger, ODay, was the one who saw it coming. Shoulda put $500 on the Jets, but I only bet $10 to mock ODay after an easy Packer victory. Sadly, ODay has it right this week.

And thank me for telling you to go money line vs. Jets and the points.

Anti-Polar Bear
10-17-2022, 02:23 PM
And thank me for telling you to go money line vs. Jets and the points.

Word. Almost put $500 in. Regret.

call_me_ishmael
10-17-2022, 09:06 PM
I am firmly on team try to make the left side of the line as good as possible. 69 and 74. Move the other dude to RG.

I think the Jets are better than we

Why do we not run a creative offense? I thought MILF was an innovator? Let’s game plan some Ws here.

Can anyone think of some games where Matty game planned Ws? I can’t really but I am too busy to watch the games closely these days. I can think of a few times when MM did.

Rutnstrut
10-17-2022, 10:35 PM
Maybe, just maybe Rodgers is a large part of the problem. When he has time, he misses easy throws. He refuses to run anymore, and as usual he loves to hold the ball.

bobblehead
10-18-2022, 02:13 PM

Does he get any credit for 39 wins in 3 seasons?

bobblehead
10-18-2022, 02:16 PM
I fall so predictably w/ the Packers. When they are good I find ways to say they aren’t great. And when they’re bad - I find ways to justify why it’s not as bad as it seems.

Unfortunately we’re now in the defend mode.

Just think - Vikings are pretty decent, Giants/Jets might make the playoffs. And parity rules the NFL.

Look back to my prediction thread.

I’ll add a new one. Packers squeak into the Playoffs but actually make a run.

The sky is not falling. And it’s just football.

Yes, This.

bobblehead
10-18-2022, 02:17 PM
I am firmly on team try to make the left side of the line as good as possible. 69 and 74. Move the other dude to RG.

I think the Jets are better than we

Why do we not run a creative offense? I thought MILF was an innovator? Let’s game plan some Ws here.

Can anyone think of some games where Matty game planned Ws? I can’t really but I am too busy to watch the games closely these days. I can think of a few times when MM did.

Mr. Rodgers seems to think the offense is TOO complicated.

bobblehead
10-18-2022, 02:18 PM
Maybe, just maybe Rodgers is a large part of the problem. When he has time, he misses easy throws. He refuses to run anymore, and as usual he loves to hold the ball.

As I said. He looks eerily like the guy who inspired Gutes to draft Jordan Love.

Anti-Polar Bear
10-18-2022, 02:53 PM

Can the Packers hire Sandra Bullocks to teach the Fucking Center how to block? She won an Oscar for turning the “Blind Side” Michael Oher into a legitimate NFL tackle. Perhaps she could do the same with the Fucking Center.

Bretsky
10-18-2022, 06:03 PM
Does he get any credit for 39 wins in 3 seasons?

Of course he gets some. So does the MVP calibur QB play (which appears to be gone) and a couple OL he signed and then let walk.

Bretsky
10-18-2022, 06:04 PM

It seems to be a pattern that when all is not well, AROD always has an answer to deflect any self blame. Obviously there are many many reasons it's not good. But make it more simple; from MLF's response I don't think he was on board with that one

Fritz
10-19-2022, 08:53 AM
In all the discussion of the struggles of the offensive line and the defense, what's gotten overlooked (to the relief of Rich Bitchsaccia I would think) is the lousy play of the special teams. They've regressed. And don't start with "but their top guys are injured. Tipi Galaei was the key!" Guys get hurt on special teams all over the league, and the Packer special teams is still worse than the majority of ST units. A blocked field goal AND a blocked punt for touchdown in ONE game?

What the hell is going on with this team? Something ain't right. Gutes seemed to pull out the stops with ST, with the draft, with scouring and churning bottom-of-roster. Yet the guy who's supposed to be the super ST coach still isn't getting things fixed?

Something's not right with this whole team. Something's off. They need a come-to-Jesus team meeting to try to clear the air and turn this around. I smell dysfunction. Which smells like a rotting White Castle hamburger.

texaspackerbacker
10-19-2022, 10:23 AM
If we lose the next one, I'll agree with you. I don't think that will happen, though.

Fritz
10-19-2022, 10:53 AM
Well, I hope you're right Tex. Nothing worse than trying to have that "uh oh something's wrong let's clear the air meeting" too soon, and finding it doesn't work.