PDA

View Full Version : Official Packers vs Commanders Discussion Thread

Joemailman
10-18-2022, 09:51 AM
Packers lead all-time Series 22-16-1. 20-15-1 in regular season, 1-1 in playoffs.

Last meeting: October 24, 2021. Packers defeated Washington 24-10 at Lambeau. Aaron Rodgers threw for 274 yards and 3 TD's. Adams, Tonyan and Lazard were the top Packer receivers.

Taylor Heinicke threw for 268 yards with 1 TD and 1 INT. Terry McLaurin had 122 yards receiving with 1 TD.

Heinicke is expected to be the starting QB Sunday due to an injury to Carson Wentz. MsLaurin and Curtis Samuel are the top receivers. Commanders are 22nd in the NFL in rushing yards. Their defense is 22nd in yards per game, 20th in points per game. Their defense has sacked opposing QB's 19 times in 6 games. Opponents have passed for 221 yards per game with 12 TD passes and just 2 INT's.

Anti-Polar Bear
10-18-2022, 09:56 AM
What is the moneyline?

Joemailman
10-18-2022, 10:04 AM
What is the moneyline?

Packers -227

Commanders +175

Packers favored by 5.5

Over/under 41

Anti-Polar Bear
10-18-2022, 10:11 AM
Packers -227

Commanders +175

Packers favored by 5.5

Over/under 41

Thanks.

Yo, ODay, which team should I put $500 on via the moneyline?

Fritz
10-18-2022, 10:13 AM
It would be an utter bed-shitting if the Packers manage to lose this one. Then I'd say the season would be on the brink and we'll see anger and panic like we haven't seen in years in Green Bay.

My guess would be the Packers win, but in a disturbing and unsatisfying way, like seeing a video of yourself masturbating.

Anti-Polar Bear
10-18-2022, 10:18 AM
It would be an utter bed-shitting if the Packers manage to lose this one. Then I'd say the season would be on the brink and we'll see anger and panic like we haven't seen in years in Green Bay.

My guess would be the Packers win, but in a disturbing and unsatisfying way, like seeing a video of yourself masturbating.

It ain’t that disturbing and unsatisfying if you do it after a nice workout at the gym.

jklowan
10-18-2022, 10:29 AM
This team looks bad, really bad. That Jet loss exposed every weakness and I cannot remember a game where every aspect of the ball looked bad. The offensive line was terrible, the running game was bad, the defense was bad, special teams was bad. Not sure they are gonna right the ship this year, hope I'm wrong but this looks like a lost season to my eyes.

Tony Oday
10-18-2022, 10:36 AM
Commanders shred this non crossing route covering defense and AR fails to make throws that even Love can make, 17-31 we lose.

Freak Out
10-18-2022, 10:57 AM
Packers dominate.

pittstang5
10-18-2022, 01:46 PM
Thanks.

Yo, ODay, which team should I put $500 on via the moneyline?

Just my opinion, and if I were a betting man, I'd take the Commanders with the points. If the Packers win, I think it comes down to a FG.

Tony Oday
10-18-2022, 01:55 PM
I am putting a C Note on the Commanders with the points and the over parlayed.

texaspackerbacker
10-18-2022, 02:21 PM
This is similar to the Patriot game where seemingly we got a break with a QB injury, but wait, the new guy may just be better than the stumblebum veteran who got hurt. The difference - hopefully - is that Joe Barry has the full week to prepare for the mobile young guy, which he failed miserably in adjusting to in the Patriot game.

If The Team formerly (and still should be) known as the Redskins has a chance, it's because they have a damn good defense, especially the front seven, which could take advantage of our mediocre O Line.

I've got a fair degree of faith in LaFleur to snap the team out of the funk and come up with a decent game plan. I have less faith in Barry, but he ought to be feeling the pressure now. If he has any ability to strategize at all, he ought to be giving it his best shot. If we lose this game, with Buffalo next, losing this week really would mean the season is down the drain. I think we win it.

pittstang5
10-18-2022, 02:23 PM
I am putting a C Note on the Commanders with the points and the over parlayed.

Oof - the over? Ballsy - I'm thinking its a 20-17 type of game.

Anti-Polar Bear
10-18-2022, 02:49 PM
Just my opinion, and if I were a betting man, I'd take the Commanders with the points. If the Packers win, I think it comes down to a FG.

Good advice. Normally, I - idiotically - piss away frogskins at the poker tables. Nowadays, I am trying to be a sports betting gambler like Bobble.

King Friday
10-18-2022, 08:03 PM
I’m going to guess that the Packers look better after reshuffling the OL. However, how much better is the question. MiLF is going to spend more than 5 minutes putting together the offensive game plan. I give the Packers a 78% chance of winning.

Tony Oday
10-18-2022, 08:26 PM
I can't see our defense holding the Redskins to anything lower then 4 TDs

Joemailman
10-18-2022, 09:21 PM
I can't see our defense holding the Redskins to anything lower then 4 TDs

Why? Packers defense hasn't given up 4 TD's in a game this year, and Commanders offense hasn't scored 4 TD's since week 1.

Fritz
10-19-2022, 08:48 AM
Why? Packers defense hasn't given up 4 TD's in a game this year, and Commanders offense hasn't scored 4 TD's since week 1.

You're probably right. The pattern of games generally has been more along the lines of other team scores on first possession, offense scores and has a couple of promising drives in first half, defense plays better after first drive but still allows other team to go down the field once or twice in the first half. Second half: offense sputters, defense can't step up to keep the team in the game and gets run over.

So - another close loss? Or a close win? I'm not sure either will feel terribly satisfying.

RashanGary
10-19-2022, 09:47 AM
I could see this being the week we see ol’ rolled Royce Newman replaced with Zach Tom.

Joemailman
10-19-2022, 10:35 AM
Fox Early - Midwest and west, plus Alaska gets Packers at Washington. Adam Amin and Daryl Johnston with the call.

https://506sports.com/2022/07-FOX-E.png

Joemailman
10-19-2022, 12:29 PM
Rob Demovsky

11m
The Packers are activating WR Sammy Watkins off injured reserve. He will practice on a limited basis today, coach Matt LaFleur said.

Tony Oday
10-19-2022, 01:59 PM
Rob Demovsky

11m
The Packers are activating WR Sammy Watkins off injured reserve. He will practice on a limited basis today, coach Matt LaFleur said.

that quote hit SW soo hard he is out another 3 weeks.

Joemailman
10-19-2022, 03:35 PM
Watkins not listed as he is not on the 53 man roster.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FfdTwn2XEA8aSpS?format=png&name=small

MadtownPacker
10-19-2022, 09:56 PM
Pack isnt top of the line so far this year but I am willing to bet the Commanders will write a check their ass can't cash. Just that kind of week for them: https://sports.yahoo.com/commanders-blame-bank-error-after-fans-14-k-raffle-check-bounced-223512431.html?src=rss

Anti-Polar Bear
10-19-2022, 09:57 PM
Chickened out and only put $20 on the Redcoats, moneyline. Also put $20 on the Panthers (vs Bucfuckneers), moneyline, @ +425.

Joemailman
10-19-2022, 10:24 PM
Pack isnt top of the line so far this year but I am willing to bet the Commanders will write a check their ass can't cash. Just that kind of week for them: https://sports.yahoo.com/commanders-blame-bank-error-after-fans-14-k-raffle-check-bounced-223512431.html?src=rss

They'll have more money coming in this week since Packer fans will probably fill up their sorry excuse for a stadium.

Lead commander
10-20-2022, 08:03 AM
Heinicke will give the packs D some problems and our pass rush from the DLINE has been outstanding RODGERS might be in for a long day...

Fritz
10-20-2022, 12:12 PM
We hope not, but the way this team has been playing this season, few here would disagree.

I lived near Baltimore for a summer in 2021, and lots of Washington fans there I talked to (there are a few despite the Ravens) seemed to be liking "The Washington Football Team" that they had for a few seasons. I'm not sure "Commanders" is getting a lot of love. You like it?

Tony Oday
10-20-2022, 12:34 PM
Oof - the over? Ballsy - I'm thinking its a 20-17 type of game.

Its $100 to win $534.50 :) if the Pack wins awesome if not at least I make some money.

Joemailman
10-20-2022, 01:27 PM
Tom Silverstein

22m
#Packers WR Christian Watson (hamstring), WR Jake Hanson (elbow), WR Randall Cobb (ankle) and TE Marcedes Lewis (vet rest) not practicing.

Good news that Watkins is practicing again. Probably good news that they have apparently decided not to put Watson on IR. Perhaps he won't be out long.

Joemailman
10-20-2022, 04:38 PM
Tom Silverstein

#Packers DC Joe Barry said he was very pleased with the results of playing lots of man and putting Jaire Alexander on Garrett Wilson against the Jets. He didnt promise a lot more of it but said there likely will be more matching with Alexander.

Nice that you could join us, Coach.

run pMc
10-20-2022, 04:50 PM
I'm more worried about Heinicke at QB than Wentz.

Joemailman
10-20-2022, 04:53 PM
Cobb and Watson did not practice. On the bright side, Jake Hanson didn't practice either.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FfihPS1WYAMfmWo?format=png&name=small

Joemailman
10-20-2022, 04:58 PM
I'm more worried about Heinicke at QB than Wentz.

Last year they sacked Heinicke 4 times, and intercepted him once. Yet, he rushed for 95 yards. Need to be disciplined with the pass rush.

Fritz
10-21-2022, 05:03 AM
Nice that you could join us, Coach.

Let's see . . . he's responding to an issue from the very first game, and we're six games in. By my calculations, he should be landing on some solutions for the porous defense of the Jets game in . . . week thirteen or so.

run pMc
10-23-2022, 10:27 AM
https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1584171662022701056

The #Packers planned to retool their offensive line today, sources say, with Elgton Jenkins moving to left guard. But with LT David Bakhtiari (knee) now listed as questionable, it may not be possible. The focus all week was securing that O-line and blocking better.

Be interesting to see what they do today. Hopefully it doesn't involve Newman. I think he's let his bad play get into his head and needs to watch some film, get stronger, and come back better. Meanwhile, Njiman and maybe Tom should see time. Worried about Bahk but since he's played several games in a row you'd think he's doing ok and getting better. Hopefully nothing too serious.

run pMc
10-23-2022, 10:29 AM
Cobb and Hanson to IR. LaDarius elevated to 53. Watkins will play, Watson won't. Will Toure?

https://www.acmepackingcompany.com/2022/10/22/23417979/green-bay-packers-sammy-watkins-injury-update-injured-reserve-roster-randall-cobb-jake-hanson

NFL rules allow the team to bring eight players off of injured reserve during a single season. Green Bay’s injured reserve currently stands at five players after the Cobb and Hanson moves, as they join safety Vernon Scott, inside linebacker Krys Barnes and outside linebacker Tipa Galeai on the list.

Teamcheez1
10-23-2022, 10:47 AM
https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1584171662022701056

Be interesting to see what they do today. Hopefully it doesn't involve Newman. I think he's let his bad play get into his head and needs to watch some film, get stronger, and come back better. Meanwhile, Njiman and maybe Tom should see time. Worried about Bahk but since he's played several games in a row you'd think he's doing ok and getting better. Hopefully nothing too serious.

This is Bakh’s last year with Packers. His contract, availability, and future injury risk end his time here.

run pMc
10-23-2022, 11:22 AM
This is Bakh’s last year with Packers. His contract, availability, and future injury risk end his time here.

What do they gain by cutting him in cap space? Would another offseason help his recovery? I think when Rodgers goes, he goes. Gute might like him enough to keep him.
As it is, he's ruled out vs. WAS and it looks like it will be Njiman and Jenkins at T today, which is not good news against a good WAS DL. Their corners aren't great but if Rodgers doesn't have time to throw it's going to be tough to exploit them. MLF needs a great plan and players need to execute it today. Also, if the D can shut down Heinicke and force some turnovers that would help. Packers D hasn't done that since... Tampa?

run pMc
10-23-2022, 11:33 AM
https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/green-bay-packers/david-bakhtiari-12390/

Looks like his cap hit for 2023 is 29M while his dead cap would be 23M. I assume June 1 designation could impact those numbers. So... roughly 6M savings to cut your former All-Pro starting LT? I'm no cap guru.
I think this season has to play out, and they have to see how he looks by end of it, as well as the rest of the roster and their cap.

They have one of the highest paid QBs, LTs, and CBs in the league, plus Aaron Jones makes a lot and Rashan will want to get paid. I think they'll try to run it back again next year and hope for "Year 2 Leap" versions of Watson/Doubs unless the bottom falls out this year.

Joemailman
10-23-2022, 03:55 PM

I think he'll retire. He's 31 years old. He's made tens of millions. Why risk walking with a limp the rest of your life?

Dpopp11
10-25-2022, 11:02 AM
...playing golf