PDA

View Full Version : 69ers Trade for White Chris

Anti-Polar Bear
10-21-2022, 05:19 AM
I ain’t seen Black Adam yet, but the dreaded 69ers have traded for C-Mac, the last white hope at a position that has now become universally Black. Remember when Taylor and Hornung were carrying the rock? I don’t. I do remember Travis Jervey, though.

Looks like Ted Thompson is still running the Packers, cos, no one on the team’s front office is getting an in-season blockbuster trade done. Lazard is the #1 WR, for fuck’s sake! Trade for a Wu-Tang WR already! Chase Claypool? DJ Moore? Brandon Cooks? DK Metcalf?

ThunderDan
10-21-2022, 09:07 AM
Stop being a douchebag. We are all grownups here. Your schtick got boring about 12 years ago on this webpage.

Anti-Polar Bear
10-21-2022, 09:31 AM
Stop being a douchebag. We are all grownups here. Your schtick got boring about 12 years ago on this webpage.

I am a douchebag for (yet again) pointing out that “draft and development” is obsolete?

Which teams won the Super Bowl the past two seasons? Brady was a marquee free agent signing. Gronk, AB, Fournette, Stafford, OBJ, Miller, among others were either acquired via trade or free agency. Rams traded a high draft pick to rent Miller for a few games, for fuck’s sake!

If “cap hell,” is to be believed, then then 69ers were even more fucked than the Packers prior to the CMac trade. Yet, they’re still able to upgrade their team with CMac. Meanwhile, Allen Fucking Lazard remains the Packers’ #1 WR. SMH.

ThunderDan
10-21-2022, 11:41 AM
That's not what you did. I am perfectly fine with the subject matter of this thread.

It's your constant spewing of racist stereotypes that is so old.

run pMc
10-21-2022, 12:00 PM
I don't think you're a d-bag, but I don't think "draft and develop" is obsolete either. It's worked pretty well for a lot of GB's best players (Rashan Gary, for example). Few rookies are going to make a splash right away, you have to let them learn and improve into starters. GB does a pretty good job of that.

As for getting a WR, I think they are looking and will continue to do so. They aren't going to break the bank however, not with Gary's extension and Aaron Jones' cap number explosion happening soon. GB has some iffy looking contracts they have to figure out how to unwind. For that reason it will be a cheap WR pickup like Darius Slayton or the latest rumblings being Elijah Moore. Maybe NYG decides to cut Golliday and eat his contract and Gute kicks the tires.

I'm sure they are looking, but there's not much out there. Maybe Desean Jackson if he has anything in the tank and isn't totally bonkers by now (unlikely, that dude is a major head case I'd keep as far away from Doubs as possible).

MLF has to do a better job of scheming these guys open.

As for McCaffrey, I think he makes SF a LOT better. I don't think they'll just run him into the teeth of a defense 20 times a game. Shanahan is smart enough to use him in a lot of ways to get mismatches and big plays. Can't load up vs. Deebo anymore. \

Good pickup but at a considerable price IMO. SF has invested a lot in RBs.
Feels like they looked around at the rest of a meh NFC and figured this was a good way to move up. Aside from the Eagles, most of the good teams are in the AFC, so SF likely sees a path to a NFCW division and #2 seed.

texaspackerbacker
10-21-2022, 12:45 PM
They gave up a 2nd, 3rd, and 4th pick next draft and a 5th the year after. That's a lot for a guy who seems to be kinda fragile, injury-wise.

I've been against the Packers trading for a WR. I'm coming around a little bit to the idea, but I'm still no more than 50/50 about it. A no or low risk signing of a veteran with speed - like DeSean Jackson maybe would be good, though. He used to be a helluva a return guy too.

edit: I just Googled DeSean Jackson, and he signed 1 day ago with the Ravens.

MadtownPacker
10-21-2022, 02:09 PM
I think you are a d-bag, since 2006! But you aint lying when you say he is like the last of the Mohicans. The last ball pounding white RB I can think of was the one with Tampa for a few years, opposite of Warrick Dunn. Had to google it like a know-it-all millennial (APB?) and it was Mike Alstott.

run pMc
10-22-2022, 01:54 PM
Peyton Hillis?

Kuuuhhhhnnn was more of short yardage back and outlet - a better Deguara, so he probably doesn't count.